Lily

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It was ok... mediocre at best. Sorry Ryan."

"Wait! I... didn't have time to plan. If I had more time? Saturday! Give me Saturday. I will pick you up at 10 AM. Ok?"

"I gave you a chance, despite all you did to me."

"I'm nervous! And a little terrified of you... Give me a real chance. I want to really try."

"If you are so afraid of me, why do you want this to work?"

"I just... I know you don't get it, Lily, but I have it bad for you. I have since you started working here. It took me forever to finally talk to you and now... I don't want to lose you. I'm terrified of not being good enough, of not meeting your standards."

Lily let out a deep sigh and wilted. "Ryan... I'm not a bad person. I know I said some mean things, but so did you and I was under a lot of stress and being held prisoner. Even if you were well meaning, I was still a prisoner and you didn't trust me to take care of myself. You don't need to be afraid of me... just be you. The you that made me watch that stupid show and had me laughing and made me feel safe. But if I say no, you have to listen. It's not ok to take what you want. Giving me an orgasm is not consent, you get that, right?"

"We were so in the moment..."

"You were in the moment. I wanted you to wear a condom but you... Anyway. I got a morning after pill and went and got tested after... what happened. I am lucky enough that everything came back clear."

"Ok, I will listen, I swear. So, Saturday?"

"Ok. Saturday. Goodnight."

Saturday, he showed up bright eyed and excited. He drove her out of the city and took her up on a hot air balloon ride where they touched down for a romantic picnic lunch before circling back. After, he took her to a fancy dinner where he had managed to get reservations, using his name she was sure. He took her back to her apartment, smiling confidently.

She looked over at him, a little sad. "Goodnight Ryan, thanks for the... nice day. When I see you at work I will say hi."

She opened the door to get out and he caught her wrist. "What? That... today wasn't good enough either?" he asked, confused. "Lily, I..."

"Let go of me Ryan," she demanded, tugging on her arm.

He let go quickly, his fingers springing open as he realized it wasn't ok to grab her that way. Not after what she had been through.

She got out and left him sitting in his car, dejected and feeling both sick and a little sour over the whole thing. How had that perfect day not been good enough?!? What did she expect?

Lily was curled up in her pajamas on Sunday evening, her laptop in her lap as she read over her emails. A knock on her door made her both annoyed and afraid at the same time. She peeked out and sighed, opening the door to tell Ryan to leave her alone.

He looked at her, a pizza in one hand as he pushed in before she could say anything. "Supreme, half without black olives," he said, setting the pizza on her coffee table. He sat on her couch and turned on her TV as she let the door close, watching him in amusement. He turned on Mystery Science Theater and looked over at her, patting the seat next to him.

She sat down, a little further down the couch as she flipped open the box. "So you managed to figure it out after all," she said, pulling out a piece.

"It took me a minute, but yeah. Also... we aren't going in to work in the morning."

"We aren't?"

"No. We have an appointment with a Ms Booker and Mr Turnboll with the FBI. We are going to put a stop to all of the shit they are doing in the company."

Lily gave him a proud smile and moved closer, giving him a one armed hug. "Thank you."

"It's going to mean our jobs and the company is going to tank big time."

"I'm good with that, I can get a job anywhere. As long as they never do it again."

Ryan gave her a sad smile. "I should have done it sooner, I was a coward. Thank you for making me see how wrong it was to let it happen. Not being part of it wasn't good enough. I hope putting a stop to it will redeem me a little in your eyes."

"We'll see," she said, her smile also sad. "May take a lot of scrambled egg breakfasts to win me over."

He grinned, his eyes shining. "I can live with that. I may even try adding to my repertoire and adding bacon or pancakes."

"As long as you don't burn my kitchen down."

He pulled her close in a hug and smiled, holding her tight against him.