Lilybeth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Various citizens asked her questions. Sometimes the matron answered on Victoria's behalf. Some of the citizens examined Victoria's teeth or pinched her skin. Most of the male citizens touched Victoria's breasts and her privates through her clothes. That caused gasps from the audience.

An older, not quite middle-aged couple ended up leading Victoria away. She sat in the horseless carriage between the husband and wife. Victoria looked like she was very nervous. I felt for her.

The voyage ended at a handsome home in a pretty little town. The couple was named Robert and Carol but Victoria referred to them always as Master, Sir, or Ma'am. Victoria was introduced to Robert and Carol's three children. Just like the passage of time showed Victoria studying, another one showed her cooking, cleaning, tending to the children, and reading to them. She got to stay in a nice room of her own. Honestly, it did not look too bad at all.

Then Victoria was preparing a bath for Robert! He stood there patiently while Victoria undressed him. The girls around me were dead silent as Robert's physique was revealed. He was a very handsome and well-built man. I'd never seen a man's penis before this moment. I was fascinated. It went from hanging limply to standing at a right angle to the floor after doubling in size.

Robert stepped into the tub and Victoria began washing him head to toe, When it came time to wash Robert's private parts, Victoria did so, then she covered the penis with soap and with her hands began gently jerking up and down on it until it disgorged white fluid and returned to its previous smaller and limp state. Judging by the sounds coming from the darkness about me. Some of the girls were appalled at the display and others were fascinated. Was not sure how I felt. I imagined that Daniel would very much like it if I gave him a bath like that!

Victoria spent what seemed like several years with Robert and Carol. Her clothing changed from a lovely canary yellow to a glistening teal. The children got older. Robert and Victoria kissed quite a bit. Carol and Victoria kissed a great deal as well but not in the way we girls kissed back on the island. When Victoria bathed Carol, she did things with her fingers while washing her privates. Carol's head tilted back and she gasped. I've heard my mother make similar sounds late at night through my open window when I was supposed to be asleep. It did not seem to be an unhappy sound. Eventually, the children reached an age where they no longer needed supervision and Victoria found herself in a new home, with William and Clair, a young couple with small children and the story started over again.

The lights came on. A matron appeared and asked us if we had any questions. I was too nervous to ask any but other girls asked what was on my mind.

"Is Victoria's story typical?"

"Yes."

"Will I be expected to do the same things as Victoria?"

"That's why we showed you the movie."

"Will I be expected to do intimate things with my master?"

"Very probably. Your mistress as well."

"What!"

"It is perfectly natural, girls, and nothing to fear or be ashamed of."

"Isn't that immoral?"

"We here in the Republic do not view it that way and neither should you any longer."

We were dismissed for dinner. Needless to say, every tongue was a wag with what we had just seen.

"The Great Republic is amoral!" gasped Prudence.

"We knew we would be leaving our old lives behind. There are no censors here, no switchings for disobedience. Victoria looked like she was enjoying herself."

"You're disgusting, Esther. You sound like you are looking forward to doing... That!" chided Robin.

"I wouldn't mind giving a bath to my master IF he was as handsome as Robert," she fired back.

"Did you see his thing? What makes it soft then hard then soft again?" asked another girl.

"I don't know," I answered, "Maybe they will explain that to us."

Over the next several days they did explain some of it to us. Men have "erections" and it is caused by the penis filling with blood. It even throbs with a heartbeat! For me, the really enlightening day was when the matron explained about our bodies. I now know that that sensitive button in my privates is called a clitoris. Emily showed us how to tease it until an incredibly pleasurable sensation coursed through our bodies. That inner warmth and muscle relaxation felt wonderful indeed. Some of the more reserved girls said that what we were doing was "self-abuse" and that it was a "sin." I didn't see how something that felt that good was not given for the Maker for our pleasure. I argued this point strenuously with the sterner girls and eventually swayed most of them to my point.

The week came to an end and I found myself on the opposite side of the huge building from where I entered, on a pretty summer's day. I was clad in my "graduation clothes;" a canary yellow skirt that was a bit longer than my first outfit. The step-ins underneath were larger and more comfortable and not in the least transparent. My yellow top had a bit more fabric as well. Gone were the rattan sandals. In their place, comfortable, practical, and beautiful yellow shoes. There was a cape that fell past my backside to wear on "formal" occasions along with a jaunty yellow hat. I thought, no I was sure, I looked quite pretty in this outfit.

At my feet was a small satchel containing three more complete outfits minus an extra cape and hat as well as things that I would need to maintain the uniform's and my own appearance; shoe polish, lint brushes, toothbrushes, soap, cosmetics.

The class on makeup was the hardest, at first, for me to accept. My mother had drilled into me that only the lowest and cheapest women wore lipstick or rouge. Some women in my village wore makeup, mostly older women, but some younger ones as well such as the new priest's wife. Once I saw my reflection after the matron applied makeup on me the first time, I pushed my mother's admonitions aside. By the end of that phase of our instruction, I was an expert in knowing what cosmetics were best to enhance my looks and how precisely to apply them.

I ignored the butterflies tumbling about my stomach as I stood on my spot upon the shaded macadam. I smiled as prettily as possible amid all the other girls. A throng of citizens entered the lot. The first couple that interviewed me was considerably older than I expected. I was relieved when they moved on. Three other couples interviewed me. Both the husband and wife felt my breasts and intimate area. It was not as upsetting or as offensive as I had feared. The gentle squeezes and strokes were actually stimulating. The last couple, Steve and Arleen Hoover decided to select me.

Steve looked a bit like Daniel, only older and broader but just as handsome. Arleen was very pretty. She resembled Mrs. Greenfield, who lived three farms down from me. She had the same scarlet hair and delicate features. Steve wore tight long grey pants and a clingy blue shirt that exposed the muscles of his stomach. Arleen wore a tight red tunic with a deep V exposing the tops of her breasts and a short black skirt with matching stockings and heels. Steve scooped up my satchel and Arleen held my hand. We walked some distance before we came to a paved field where horseless carriages were arrayed in rows.

How the Hoovers found their "car" among all the others, I'll never know but I came to be sitting between them -- just like Victoria. The car ride was amazing. There was none of the jolt and roll of a horse-drawn carriage and sweet music played everywhere.

As we drove, we talked. The Hoovers had a three-year-old girl and infant twin boys. I was to assist Arleen in mothering and help around the house; again, like Victoria. I told Arleen that I was a good cook, but I hoped she would be patient with me until I learned my way around her kitchen. She laughed and said that would be no problem.

The Hoover house stood on a nicely wooded lot in a neighborhood of lovely houses. It was white and two stories tall. I entered between Steve and Arleen.

"Daddy! Mommy!" came a small voice.

This had to be the Hoovers' daughter, Katherine. She was the spitting image of her mother, with an abundance of brilliant red curls. Steve swept her up and buried her under kisses before handing her to Arleen who repeated the process.

"Kathy, darling. This is Lilybeth. She will be taking care of you from now on."

I said hello.

"Instead of you, mummy?' she asked in a panicked voice.

"No little one, in addition to me."

"Oh."

She looked at me less warily.

There was a woman about Arleen's age present.

"Lilybeth, this is my neighbor, Mrs. Ronson."

She turned to the other woman and said,

"Thank you for watching them, Joanie."

"No problem Arleen. I see that my services won't be required in the future."

"That's true. But we will still have you and Frank over for game nights and barbeques."

"Let me know how your servant works out, Arleen. Frank and I want to start a family soon and it might make sense to purchase one before the little bundle of joy arrives. Provided we can come up with the cash, of course."

"Oh, they aren't THAT expensive. The real problem is availability. Demand is greater than supply."

"Maybe we should lean on those religious nutjobs to double the tribute numbers."

"That would undercut the market, Joanie."

"Yeah, not to mention nullify the treaty. They're not worth invading."

"Joanie! Lilybeth is right here!"

"Oh, sorry. I'll be getting home. Frank is taking me out dancing tonight."

"Have fun."

We watched Mrs. Ronson leave. Once the door closed behind her Arleen announced,

"Let me give you the tour, Lilybeth. Steve, take her bag up to her room."

The house was very nice. There were four bedrooms, a library, three bathrooms, a swimming pool behind the house

"You are welcome to swim during your off-hours, Lilybeth."

"I don't know how to swim," I replied.

"No problem. Steve can teach you. He's good at that. He was a competitive swimmer in college. Swimming is terrific exercise. We have to keep you in shape as part of our contract with the government."

She showed me the kitchen and the laundry room. Everything was like the pictures at the intake center. Lastly, she led me to a small room that had a necessary and sink behind a partition.

"This is your room Lilybeth. I'll give you a few moments to store your things and acclimate yourself. Then I will summon you to assist me with dinner and we will go over the schedules for the children. Welcome to the family, Lilibeth."

"Thank you, Ma'am," I replied as I curtsied.

I paced about my room. It was larger than mine at home. In the closet, I found a short yellow robe. Next to this, I hung my extra uniforms, cape, and hat. My spare shoes I set in a line. I contemplated that this was all I owned. Gone were my dresses, my stockings, my slips, my intimates, my books, my mementos. I was in a new world with nothing but the clothes on my back. There was a "Guide To Being the Proper Servant" on the nightstand. There was a dresser, a narrow bookshelf, a chair, and a table beside the large bed.

I tested the latter out and found it very comfortable. Out the window, beyond the curtains, I could spy the front yard, a tree, and the sidewalk. It was not a bad view. I spied a woman walking a dog and a man pushing a baby stroller. I thought that if I could not be happy here, I could at least be content.

I heard a buzzing sound and then I heard Arleen's voice. It was coming from a bit of fabric in the wall. We had a class about this. I depressed the button beneath the fabric and said, "Yes, Ma'am?"

"Come down to the kitchen, Lilybeth."

Arleen showed me how to operate the stove. She explained the refrigerator or icebox and a complete mystery, an electric instant oven that used something called radiation to cook food and heat water very carefully. I put the kettle on. Soon we were sipping delicious tea as we worked. Arlene was preparing a roast for dinner. I followed her instructions to season it and placed it in the already warm oven. There were several aprons so that neither Arleen nor myself soiled our clothes.

While the roast was cooking, Arleen detailed my work with the children.

"I'll be returning to work next week. You need to be on your game by then. I'm going to be pumping my breasts at work and saving it. You will find bottles in the refrigerator. These you must heat to body temperature. Not too hot. One minute in the instant oven should be enough. Always test it against your wrist first. Feed the twins one after the other. According to the information at the center, you tested high in maternal abilities. I hope that is accurate."

"I'm good with babies, Ma'am."

"I certainly hope so. When they cry in the middle of the night, carry them to me one at a time. We'll set up the baby monitor in your room. I'll have their schedule for feeding while I am at work written down."

"Yes, Ma'am."

At that moment, the twins stirred in the next room. As Arleen suckled Arthur, she had me cuddle Zachary and give him a bottle. He seemed like an easy baby. I wondered what it was like to nurse a baby. I wondered if I would ever know that sensation. If my future had been with Daniel, babies would have been a certainty. Now...

"You are holding him just right, Lilybeth. Remember to give Kat proper attention so that she does not get jealous of her brothers. Child care is a balancing act."

"Yes, Ma'am."

I looked at Zachary and fell instantly in love. This was a baby whose raising I would not have to share with my brothers and sisters, only Mrs. Hoover. In many ways, I would be this child's second mother. That made me feel all warm inside. Zachary finished his bottle and I burped him over my shoulder on the little towel Arleen provided. A moment longer and he was fast asleep.

"You seem to be a natural, Lilybeth."

"Thank you, Ma'am."

That made me feel even fuzzier inside.

We finished preparing the meal and set the table. I noted that there were five settings. Arleen noted my puzzled look.

"That is Richard's seat."

"Richard?"

"He is Steve's youngest brother. He is starting at the university in town this fall and is staying with us until he graduates. He's about your age. His bedroom is the one across from yours."

"Oh," I replied.

"You will sit next to Kat. Try to make sure she doesn't make a mess of herself."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Arleen picked up a small device and pushed a button.

"Honey, dinner will be on the table in five minutes."

I heard his voice, very dimly reply, "Be right home, sweetie."

Shortly thereafter, Steve strove through the front door, little Katherine on his shoulders.

"Beautiful day at the park, today, sweetness," he said as he set his daughter down and planted what looked like a very enjoyable kiss on his wife's lips.

"Where's Richard?" asked Arleen.

"Right behind me. He's picking up some chilled wine from the liquor store. He certainly enjoys being an uncle. He was playing tag with her the whole time."

A few minutes later the door opened a second time. My stars!, Richard was handsome, almost better looking than his brother. He greeted Arleen with a kiss on the cheek. Patted Katherine's head when she said, "Hi, uncle Ritchie!" Handed the bottle of wine to his brother and then took a long look at me.

"Richard," explained Arleen, "this is Lilybeth, our new servant. We told you we were engaging one today, remember?"

"Yes, Arleen only I didn't expect..."

"Don't get any ideas, Romeo. She's strictly hands-off for you. Save your charms for thee coeds at the university."

"Whatever you say, Arleen." He continued to look at me like no other man had before. It was uncomfortable after a time.

"Lillybeth, you can serve us all now. I'll pour the wine."

I hastened to my duties, cutting and serving the roast and the associated vegetables and bread Arleen and I had prepared.

"This meal is largely Lilybeth's doing," intoned Arleen.

"I hope she cooks as good as she looks!" uttered Richard. I felt my cheeks grow hot.

"Knock it off you horndog. It is only her first day!" put in Steve sharply.

I settled into my seat and focused on Katherine, engaging with her and helping her eat. The meat was rather good if I do say so myself. Everyone praised the meal.

I was cleaning up. Washing the dishes in the sink when Arleen interrupted me and explained how the dishwasher worked.

"You mean I won't have to scrub all these?"

Arleen laughed and said, "You are a long way from your island, Lilybeth, and not just in terms of distance."

I stood there and drank that last sentence in. It said so much.

"Once the children are in their beds, you are welcome to join us in the family room for a movie, Lilybeth. Other nights we play games or cards. It helps Steve get the stress of his job out of his head. He took off today to help me select you. He's a very busy lawyer."

"Lawyer?"

"An arbitrator. Like your priests back home."

"He believes in the Maker?"

"No silly! He helps people settle disputes."

"Oh, I see."

Richard wanted me to sit next to him but I found an empty overstuffed chair instead. Steve sat with his arm around Arleen. The box, which was the focus of the room, began to glow. Pictures and sound appeared. The movie was very different from "The Journey."

A very pretty woman became a very pretty bride. She and the incredibly handsome groom undressed each other and fell into bed. He did things to her. She did things to him. She took his penis into her mouth. He placed his mouth against her secret place. They copulated like horses or dogs and seemed to really enjoy it. I sat open-mouthed as I watched.

The pretty new bride became a pretty young widow. The rest of the movie showed her getting revenge upon the men who had killed her husband. She went so far as to tempt one of the men with her body! She had her revenge and encountered another man, not as handsome as her late husband whom the movie intimated might become her future husband or lover. It was quite intense. The movie ended. Everyone seemed to like it. I was asked for my opinion but I had difficulty forming my words.

Richard asked. "What's the heroine's legal status, bro?"

"Definitely premeditated murder, but I doubt that any prosecutor would bring her up on charges. Or, if he did, that any jury would convict her."

"You should specialize in movie law, Steve."

"It's probably more lucrative than what I am doing now."

Everyone, save me, laughed.

Arleen served something called hot toddies to everyone. Mine was very good but caused my head to spin a bit. I sat in my chair and composed myself while Steve and Richard played a complex word game. Arleen checked on the children and then appeared at my side.

"You should head to bed, Lilybeth. The twins will wake at three A.M. You should have some rest by then. When they wake, bring them one at a time to my room for nursing."

I returned to my room. I felt for the things they called switches at the center and my room was filled with light. There was a box on my nightstand. I heard the unmistakable sound of infants breathing. "Will the wonders of the world never cease?" I asked myself.

I got undressed and prepared myself for bed. The day's events fell upon me at once and I was soon in deep slumber.

The twin cries of Arthur and Zachary brought me instantly awake. I found my way into my robe and down the hall to their room. I swept up the baby nearest me and made my way to Steve and Arleen's door. I knocked. Arleen was already awake and told me to enter. I did so and presented her Arthur. I hastened back to the twin's room and comforted Zachary. He calmed a bit but I was at a loss as to what to do. I returned to Arleen's room. She had just finished with Arthur. Relieved, I carried him back to his crib. In the soft light of the room, I spied Steve, asleep next to Arleen. He had slept through everything!