Little Packages Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, I love your work!" she said. "I didn't know you were going to be here. Well, I didn't know we were going to be here. But it's cool to be in New York and I get to do all of this for free."

Oh, the alarm bells were going off in my head. I was younger than Mary, but I was getting a bad feeling. I knew they wanted to come to this con, but were waitlisted. They got here, but what was going on with Mary?

"The costume is not bad," Michelle said. "I've seen a few better wander by, but it's not bad. Were you designing that on the side at the workshop over the summer?"

And that's when I had a small moment of clarity. Why was I standing here talking to them? I didn't have to stand here and get into it with them. I could just walk away and enjoy the rest of my comic con.

So I did.

"Good seeing you all," I said. And then, because I couldn't be a complete adult, I reached into one of my hidden pockets I built into the costume, and took out a card and handed it to Mary. "Drop me a line and we can chat cosplay. I'm happy to give you some tips if you like."

The cards had been Daddy's idea. I thought it was old-fashioned, but it had my social media accounts and a generic Gmail for email. Just in case I did meet someone with a production company or someone interesting, I had something to give them instead of scrambling to give my cell or personal email, which I might not want to get out.

"That's great, thanks," she said, pocketing the card. Even money said that card would go missing over the weekend. I could see a few people hovering nearby wanting to ask for a picture, which I did. Then I waved good-bye and headed on my way.

Two things occurred to me as I slowly began to work my way towards the "VIP Room" to meet up with Daddy for lunch. The first was that I had made the right decision to go back to school. And the second was angling Daddy away from this section and hoping he didn't stumble on them accidentally.

I sighed as I continued to make my way through the hordes, stopping every 100 feet for a photo. Daddy joked that I had a drama field. I didn't think so. If he knew half of what I got up to when I was in Saskatchewan he might reevaluate what he considered drama.

Finally, I got to the VIP Room. When Daddy told me had special passes, I thought it was just because he wanted to avoid standing in the massive lines to get into the con. I didn't give much thought to the VIP Room; it sounded a bit silly. Instead, it was a miraculous thing. There were tables and chairs, so you could sit down and eat food like a civilized person. You could fill up a water bottle. There was a place to hang your coat and stash a bag. And, most critically, private bathrooms. The only thing worse than the line to get into the con was the line to use the women's bathroom. And using it in elaborate cosplay was also annoying. I've never felt more decadent using the washroom in my life.

When I came out, Daddy was waiting, sitting at a table and reading a graphic novel. Killing time waiting for his little girl. Whatever irritation I had with him this morning vanished. He was just there in jeans, a Wonder Woman t-shirt, his backpack on a chair and his cane resting against the table.

"Hi Daddy," I said, sneaking up from behind, wrapping my arms around him, and kissing him on the head.

"Hey princess," he said, taking my arms and squeezing them. After he let go, I slid into a chair next to him. There was no need to apologize about this morning. We both knew what happened, and moved on. Sometimes I think Daddy didn't understand what drama was. Some of my previous boyfriends would be hashing this out with me for days. Me and him...we were good now.

"So how was your morning?" he asked. I gave him the highlights, omitting the part where I ran into Michelle and Ahmed. That might backfire, but I was willing to take that chance for now. He asked how many times I was stopped for a photo, and I told him it was madness to try and keep track of that kind of thing.

"So, spill, how much did you end up buying this morning," I said. I could tell he was eager to show me his spoils.

He grabbed his backpack, took out a special portfolio he kept inside and started showing me a few of the pages he bought. He was happy with them, so I was happy with them. He'd long since run out of room in his office and he was reluctant to put them up around the house.

"And where are you going to put these, Daddy?" she asked. "You have no more room."

"Oh, there's always room for more art," he said.

He loved saying that. Gradually the house had transformed over the last year. I remember my first visit and the place was so sparse. But now, there's more on the walls. He dragged me to a lot of markets over the summer, and we'd be at a table with a photographer selling things or an artist with paintings for sale. And if we both liked it, he'd buy it.

Now the house was warmer and friendlier, with all the art and photos on the walls. He also started putting photos of the two of us around the house. It was startling at first, and I wanted to make sure he was ok with it. He said he'd be a poor boyfriend if he didn't have pictures of his girlfriend around.

My favourite was one of the two of us outside, laughing. Meg snapped the pic, he framed it and it sat on his desk, right next to his computer. The first time I saw it there I could have cried.

There was only one picture of Beth now in the house. In the spare bedroom, where Meg crashes when she comes for a visit, there was a picture of Daddy, Beth, and Meg, from back in their university days. It's Halloween, they're in costume, drunk and happy. I'm pretty sure Meg cried when she saw it for the first time, but she refused to move it.

I shook my head and smiled.

"You can hang some up in the bedroom, y'know. I'm not going to take offence," I said.

"There are limits to geekery, princess. Batman doesn't belong in the bedroom," he said. I giggled.

"Well, there goes that cosplay fantasy roleplay," I said, and then started laughing.

He shook his head, realizing he walked into it.

"Ok, little girl, you've had your fun," he said.

"Yes, Daddy," I said, trying to sound a little contrite. I wasn't succeeding, but he let me get away with it.

"Ready to walk around and check out some more of the show?" he asked.

I stood up, adjusted my cape, and took his hand.

"Lead the way, Daddy," I said.

***

The rest of the day acquired a kind of rhythm. We walked around the show floor for a few hours, with people routinely stopping me for pictures. I was worried Daddy would get annoyed by the constant interruption, but he not only remained pretty chill about it, he normally had a big smile on his face when it happened. He often offered to take photos if someone wanted to pose with me.

"No one is being creepy towards you," he explained. "And they love your costume. So I'm perfectly happy with how things are going."

He headed off to a panel an hour or so later and I went to an area where cosplayers were hanging out. I watched as he walked away. Yes, I was checking out his ass, but I realized how much more relaxed I was at this year's con. There was no senseless drama, there was no worrying about if I was being too slutty or if he liked me.

He loved me. I loved him. I would see him again in a few hours and I'd feel my heart do a little bounce when it happened.

The one thing I'd underestimated was how exhausted I would be at the end of the day. When the con closed at 7 pm, all I wanted to do was grab some food, cuddle my Daddy for a little bit and pass out. Which is exactly what happened. Parties and events were happening all over the place. A few of the cosplayers invited me out to a bar later in the evening. I said I wasn't 21 yet and they gave me a look like that was the stupidest argument ever. Still, they let me get away with it.

By the time Daddy woke up the next morning I was already up and was wrestling between costumes. I'm sure if I had let him, he would have had them all planned out in advance, but that's not how I worked. It was how I felt when I got up in the morning.

The problem was, this morning I felt like Red Sonja. I was itching to wear the outfit, but wearing a chainmail bikini and armor at one of the largest comic cons in the world was a little daunting. It seemed like a great idea when I was packing it. Well, when Soo was packing it. But having spent a day at the con, I wasn't sure.

I didn't think anyone would try anything. "Cosplay isn't Consent" signs were all over the place and most guys knew if they even thought about misbehaving towards a cosplayer they would be tossed....fast. Still, it was a revealing costume. I was nervous.

Daddy eventually rolled out of bed and saw me looking at that costume, along with a Batgirl costume I had. I explained my concerns to him.

"Why not wear both?" he said. "Wear the Sonja costume, pack the Batgirl costume. If you get uncomfortable or feel weird, just go into the VIP Room and change."

Which, of course, was the sensible thing to do. Still...

"Would you like me to stay with you while you're going around in that cosplay?" Daddy asked.

I shook my head. "I can't ask you to do that, Daddy."

He came over and wrapped his arms around me from behind. I could feel myself nestle back into him. It's not like I was seriously stressed about the costume choice; it was just I could feel my brain settling back down. If he held me long enough like this I'd probably settle into a little space. But right now, it was just to get me to be calmer.

"Ok, so here's the plan for the day. Give the Sonja costume a try. I'm going to be with you until about 1 or so and you can figure out if you're comfortable or not. If not, you'll change. It's no big deal to spend the morning with my little girl."

"Ok," I said, my voice feeling smaller.

"Then, we're going to leave the con a little early this evening, and we're going to get some supper and then maybe go do something not con-related."

I turned around in his arms, and put my arms around his neck.

"Does the 'not con related' involve fucking me silly tonight?" I asked.

"It could," he said, beginning to kiss my neck.

I had about five seconds left to put a stop to this or we were going to be very late because I was going to be demanding he fuck my brains out. Somewhere I found the reserves to gently push him away. He looked slightly surprised but didn't push it.

"Great, now I'm going to be soaking wet while wearing a chain mail bikini," I groused, starting to put their outfit together.

He laughed and went to shower.

"It's a hard life for a barbarian queen," he said.

***

Cosplayers are a tremendously supportive community. We've got each other's back, whether it's having emergency tape or thread in a bag, or coming to someone's defence if it looks like they're in trouble.

I learned that morning they can also form a gang of terrifying scantily clad women that no one wants to mess with.

Daddy walked with me to the con as I was in my leather boots, a chainmail bikini and armor, cloak, realistic-looking plastic sword, and assorted jewelry. To make myself look a little scarier at five feet tall, I was liberal with the blood make-up and messed up my hair.

"You look terrifying," Daddy said, and he wasn't teasing me.

"Good," I said, sounding braver than I felt.

But I wasn't in the con long before other cosplayers wearing....limited amounts of clothing found me. Another couple of Sonjas. One brave woman was going as Vampirella. There was a Lady Death. A couple of Slave Leias, but with lightsabers, and we soon formed a scary crew.

"Strength in numbers," one of the Leias said. Part of her costume involved dragging around the severed head of Jabba the Hutt, just in case someone was missing the point about not messing with her.

After an hour or so, I shooed Daddy away and told him to go and do his con things as I would be fine. The Leia with Jabba's head, whose real name was Susan, came over and started chatting in one of the open areas for cosplayers.

"Finally got rid of your father, did you?" she asked.

"Boyfriend, actually" I corrected. "I asked him to hang out for a bit because of nerves. But I have my scary ladies posse now, so I'm feeling more confident walking around the con now."

Perhaps realizing she might have stepped on some toes, she switched gears to my costume and asked some good questions about it.

"It's really good chainmail armor," she said. "You don't often find many cosplayers making their own Sonja costumes using that material. They use other materials or they get someone to make it for them."

"Wellllll," I said, hating to admit it. "Someone originally made it for me, but there were things I didn't like about it, both in how it felt when I was wearing it and how it looked. So I took it apart and put it back together in a way that worked better for me."

"Did....did you know how to work chainmail and the other materials before doing that?" she asked.

"No, not really. Fortunately, the guy who made it originally had a workshop and since I was working for him last summer, I watched him for a bit and then figured it out on my own."

"Wow," she said, looking impressed. "There are some women I need to introduce you to. Do you know many women make costumes like this? You could do ok business for yourself."

Well, that was interesting to know. I'd have to mention it to Daddy.

"I thought about it, but I want to finish design school first."

The chat went on like that for a while, with interruptions for photo taking. The bikinis, swords and severed head were a big hit. I never learned much about her at first, but I've always been terrible at asking questions to people. It feels like I'm being nosey.

At around two I begged off from the group, saying I had to go find my boyfriend and get him to give me food. But before I did, Susan asked what I was doing this evening.

"I'm not sure. Supper and then possibly passing out. Con days always wipe me out."

"Well, maybe you'd be interested in coming to see me at the burlesque show this evening," she said. "First show starts at 10, so that'll give you plenty of time to go back and get some sleep."

I was a little surprised. I mean, not that Susan wasn't attractive. She was a brunette, probably in her early 30s and had a good figure. Plus she was confident, which helps when you're doing a Slave Leia costume.

"I've never seen a burlesque show," I said, sounding naive.

She laughed. "Well, now you have to come. It's a blast, I promise. I have a couple of extra passes. I'll put your name on the door."

And just like that, we were going to a burlesque show. Somehow I didn't think Daddy would mind.

I was making my way to the VIP room. I'd already texted Daddy to let him know I was on my way. Now I just had to get through the hordes. It was a little more unpleasant this time around. I had a few people ask for photos but I politely declined saying I had to be somewhere. Some understood; others got a pissed-off look and snuck a photo anyway.

I was starting to get a little agitated when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I spun around ready to tear their face off and drew out my plastic sword to emphasize the point when I saw Ahmed standing there, looking terrified with his hands up.

"I'm sorry, Kit. I didn't mean to startle you," he said.

I exhaled and mentally told myself not to kill him. Instead, I grabbed his arm and pulled him next to the wall. There wasn't a lot of room there but it was better than trying to have a conversation in the middle of the hallway with hundreds of people pushing by.

"Do not grab a cosplayer from behind, Ahmed," I said. "Do you know how close you came to being kicked out of here? The show organizers have no tolerance for grabbing us."

He genuinely looked mortified. "I called out but it's so loud. I am sorry, Kit."

I sighed. I like Ahmed, even with the drama going on with Michelle. But sometimes he just didn't think things through. He was just a little careless, not malicious.

"It's ok. Just be careful," I said. " How's business?"

"Not bad. I think Michelle had her expectations a bit too high, but we're doing ok," he said. And then he looked like he wasn't sure what to say next.

"We do miss you, you know," he said. "We didn't mean any harm offering you the job, but in retrospect, I see it was a mistake. We should have just asked you to come back next year."

"And does Michelle feel the same way?" I asked.

"She's more....stubborn on the subject," he said. "But she now sees it was premature to ask you to quit school. I think she's mostly mad at Ben these days."

"Ahmed, what do you want? I'm grateful for everything last summer, but unless Michelle apologizes and chills out, I don't know what else there is to say."

He nodded and looked a little sad. I felt a bit sorry for him. He was so happy to mentor me last summer and I'd been happy to learn. I was happy to have grown-up friends and I thought of Michelle as a kind of big sister. But then....drama.

"I know," he said, sounding sad. "I just wanted you to know. And to tell you I love how you reworked the costume. You look great."

I smiled. Not like I could pass up a sincere compliment. I stepped up to him and gave him a quick hug. Michelle would probably lose her shit if she saw it.

"Thanks, Ahmed. I hope things work out, I really do," I said. Then my phone in my pouch chirped. I glanced at it. Daddy was wondering where I was.

"Go. I'll see you around," he said. I smiled and nodded.

I wasn't sure I would. But it was nice to hope.

****

I wasn't sure how Daddy was going to react when I told him about the offer. But when I suggested it he said it sounded like fun if I was game. If he had suggested a strip joint I would have asked him some serious questions. But I did some quick reading on my phone about the burlesque show and it looked like a huge amount of fun.

I wasn't entirely sure what clothing combo went with supper and burlesque. Fortunately, Daddy said the restaurant was a nice place, but not seriously upscale and that this week they were probably used to seeing all kinds of geeks walk in. So I went with the little black dress I brought from Montreal, comfy flats to spare my aching feet, some bracelets from the Sonja costume that would work with the outfit, and a spare pair of cat ears.

"Perfect," Daddy said after I finally left the bathroom. Then again, what else was he going to say?

He looked nervous during the meal, but when I asked him about it, he just said it was nothing. Which was weird, but ok. By the time we hit the theatre to see the show, I'd forgotten about it and we'd both settled into the performances.

"You know, when it came to finding a way to celebrate our first anniversary I was thinking of dinner and going to the Empire State Building," Daddy said. "But I have to admit that your plan of dinner and strippers is much better."

I elbowed him in the ribs and gave him a dirty look.

"They're burlesque dancers. There's a difference," I said.

"Ah," he said. I knew he knew the difference; he was just teasing me.

On stage was a guy dressed as Groot who was removing his 'clothes' while having a confrontation with Treebeard, who was also removing his 'clothes'. I confess to being torn between enjoying the stripping and being impressed with the design work in the costumes. I'd taken out my phone and was tapping notes when Daddy started laughing at me.

"Mostly naked men on stage, princess. Maybe just enjoy it instead of figuring out the costume design," he said.

Well, that was a fair point. I put my phone away and enjoyed the show.

Following the trees, there was a group of mixed gendered Doctors on stage talking over one another and removing their clothes. There were a bunch of X-Men, a very slutty Batman, and a host of others. Susan came out dressed like 1970s Dazzler in a silver bodysuit, complete with roller skates and began singing, rolling around the stage, and removing her clothes.