Live to Serve Ch. 01

Story Info
A simple servant meets an old friend grown up.
2.1k words
4.4
8.2k
8

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 03/26/2024
Created 02/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

((Be in mind this is the first chapter of hopefully a longer story! Do let me know what you think!))

On the night of the new year, celebrating the young prince of Cammont, and his ascension to the throne on his eighteenth birthday. However this story does not involve the young prince, instead, it focuses on a smaller noble house. Nestled along the seaside cliffs Cammont sits upon. Below the Cammont palace in all of its decadence and royal splendor lies the house of Lamont. A house as old as the royal family yet content with a simpler life of trading the arts and cultures and bridging the distance between other royal houses of the Empire and peoples from far across the seas. Barons and Dukes of Altissa, Sultans and Khatuns of the southern sands of Abrassar, even as far as the elves of the three chromatic isles of gold, silver, and white. Within this house, working interminable and contentedly, is Percival Pernet, our lovely little domestique. And at this night he was up to his ears with duties in the kitchen and in the busy grand hall full of guests from all over the world. Tonight of all nights he could not let his lady down.

"More boiled prawns for the table by the gallery, Mr. Percival!" Shouted a sauce and spice slathered chef as she set the large pewter platter on the counter for him. Percival wiped his hands off on a towel hanging from his hip and picked up the heavy platter, ignoring the dull ache in his arms as he did. "Thank you, Madeline! We need another set of Clafoutis for the Fenks! The little cuties are tearing up all of the sweets!" He had every right to simply stand by and bark orders at the other servants and save his strength but on a night as important as this he knew him getting down and dirty with the rest of them would help them through the night. And he could lie all he wants.. he enjoys the attention he gets when the other nobles see him.

He bumped the door with his hip and made his way down the side hallway into the grand hall. The air thick with the scent of perfumes and colognes of royals, the natural musks of the energetic fenks, the aromatic oils of the Abrassan emissaries. Percival breathed deeply as he passed around the corner of the hallway into the bulk of the celebration. His emerald shining eyes glistening as little gatherings of silver and golden elves clapped. Feeling a gentle hand caress his shoulder as he carried himself to the large table against the wall. "Wonderful service as ever Percival. Lady Catherine has been singing your praise for the past hour." Percy's ears piped up at that, turning to the elegant elf who was wrapped in a beautiful dress of golden autumn leaves.

"Has she now? Well I do my best. Every day I do my best to repay her kindness by letting me into her house." He said setting the platter down and wiping his hands on the towel yet again. The elven woman putting her hand up to stop Percy from talking any further. "Please save me the chaff of the butler speech. You're wonderful. If I had you for a half moon back home why I could shape up my house into something to be proud of." The elf spoke with a little side eye glance at her young son standing beside her. A furrowed brow showing he could care less for the politics and connections his mother wants him to indulge in. Percy nervously chuckled and simply smiled at her words, changing the subject as he wasn't the best for talking to elves. Their way of life was far too strange and outlandish to him, he's upset more than a few simply asking questions he thought were innocent.

"Where is Lady Catherine now? There is something I need to inform her of." Percy asked spying the latest arrival from Abrassar. The golden matron pointed up to the balcony at opposite end of the large grand hall. Lady Catherine sitting at a small table with someone having a private conversation. Percy smiled seeing his Lady in her beautiful dress.. even from this far away it captured the light of the grand chandeliers and sparkled with the little flakes of ruby held between the threads. He turned back to the golden matron and her son and gave a proper bow as a thanks. "Thank you Lady Valen. Lord Valen. I hope you two enjoy the celebration. Now I must be off." He turned away and started to weave and work his way through the horde of guests and envoys. Slipping past the large desert elves, all of which he came up to their hips in height. Their brightly colored veils, tops, and sirwals all caught the light of the chandeliers above making the range of the olive, sunkissed, and dusky skin shine enough to make the poor boy blush as they brushed against him as they danced.

Large chandeliers hung overhead painting the room in a warm amber glow, glittering like crystals as the smoke of the candles wafted through the air filling the room with a pleasing fragrance. A large banner portraying house Lamont's family crest was nestled in the middle of the center balcony. Banners portraying each and every single attending royal house's crest were hung along the walls. All one hundred and forty seven of them. The ceiling was freshly shined, mirroring the ballroom below.. the whole décor screamed Venetian.

He worked his way past the Imperials, overhearing their conversations of tours with Lord Adrian The Lion. Percy making a mental tick on his list of outlandish praises he has heard of this man after the older gentleman stated Adrian could indeed "Lift a mountain with one arm behind his back." He had the air knocked out of him as a group of Fenks burst from the crowd and collided with him. Percy catching himself with a squeak of his fancy shoes on the polished ground before he reached down to pick up the small pastel orange haired fenk. Rubbing her ear to fix the direction of her hair. The fenks stood their ground having fun after all this was their first real experience around so many "giants" as they called humans.

"Hey who do you think you are bumping into my sister! I, the great Jenji shall take your weight in gold for this transgression!" The small fox humanoid smiled with his sharp teeth as he said that, holding out a toothpick like a sword to Percival. Percy smiled at the simply adorable threat, plucking the two siblings from the ground and holding them on his shoulder as he spoke. "Oh what am I to do against the great siblings themselves! But please watch where you two are going, you don't want to ruin anyone's fun by running into them. Go grab yourself some sweets from the table by the kitchen. They should have set them out by now. Jenji, Senji, away with you!" He swirled in place and bowled both the siblings like curling stones across the waxed floor. The siblings laughter disappearing into the crowd of murmurs and various languages.

He breathed a sigh of relief making it to the base of the stairs leading up to the balcony. Passing by a small group of giggling fae as they passed him going back to the gathering below. Percy smiling at their giggles and waves as they hurried on. The moment he reached the top of the stairs his posture softened hearing the sweet voice of his lady speak to him. "Percy darling you look exhausted. Did the fenks get into the kitchen again?" He let his body relax, standing beside his lady and leaning his hip against the railing as he nodded and put his hand on his lady's shoulders. "Yes, ma'am. I've had to pull about four out of the sugar jar so far tonight.."

Catherine put her hand up on Percy's and smiled, rubbing her thumb over the back of his palm as she let out a little sigh of disappointment. "I'll have a word with their patron once I am finished here. Percy, darling, this is Lady Liliane. She's just arrived from Tenebrae and she came all this way to see us." Percy's soft lips curled into a smile hearing that, looking at the lady sitting across from his mistress. She had golden blonde layered hair.. tanned flawless skin and breathtaking blue eyes that shined like the grace of the ocean. Her face was oval shaped and her smile was enough to make the young man lose thought. He cleared his throat and gathered himself all the while Lady Catherine was smiling across the table to her guest at her servants reaction.

"A lady of iron? I'm honored to meet you. The last visitor we had from Tenebrae was.. wasn't it Lady Galade? My I haven't seen her in about a decade or so." Percy smiled giving a small bow to the lady across from him. A tingle going up his spine hearing her talk with her proud iron land accent. "You should say that it's good seeing you again. We have met before, Percy." Percy's eyebrow rose hearing that as he started to search his memories.. finally dawning on him after a few moments of awkward silence and he smiled from ear to ear. "Wait a moment, little Lily? Lady Galade's daughter? The last time I saw you you barely came up to my knee! My you've grown so much, into a fine young lady. I bet your husband is very happy to have you."

"And you haven't aged a day, Percy~ Keep your secrets but still. You look..wonderful." Lady Catherine shook her head. "Actually Percy, Lady Liliane is unattached. Her mother didn't want her to marry some fat lord and become a politic piece for the rest of her life. Lady Galade has given her the choice to do as she wishes. As such she doesn't wield the House of Iron's power but still, she is a free woman. She visited for the celebration but ever since you welcomed her at the door earlier tonight she's been asking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall about you~ About your cute face, the tone of your voice, that perfume you wear you got from Aylesberry, your ears, your attired, your cute butt, your-"

Lady Liliane slammed her fist into the table and shot Catherine a glance that would turn a gorgon to stone. Percy couldn't help but smile seeing her reaction. "Well I am but a simple servant. I'm honored to have such a-" Catherine cut him off with a gentle slap to his hand on her shoulder. "Percival, drop the servant act between us. I know you can think for yourself. After all, you're now in Lady Liliane's care for tonight." Liliane's gaze softened as she curled her fist up on the table, leaning forward. Her demeanor fitting her more simple garment, almost light armor style of clothing instead of a fancy dress. "Catherine stop. I don't want you to order him around for me." Catherine shook her head and smiled "Lily, love. Why do you think Percy has requested to stay a servant this long? I've offered him chances to become my emissary, my head of diplomacy, hell even lord Cammont asked for him to join them on the mountaintop and he refused. Have you really not put it together?" Percy smiled as he met eyes with the lady of Iron.

"I rather enjoy the.. strong words of those above me." He said painting his rather lewd intentions in a somber light. "That's putting it lightly. It's hard to have a servant who gets off when you get mad at him. But look at this cute face you can't stay mad at this." Catherine reached up, gently cupping the young boys chin in her hand and giving it a little squeeze. Percy simply rested his head in his mistress' hand, looking at the smiling lady of Iron."If you wish, Liliane we could discuss some more of this.. infatuation you have with me~ Over some drinks on the seaside balcony perhaps? No one there but you and I and the lord of the seas."

"I would enjoy that very much Percy.. Lady Catherine I don't want to be rude but-" "Oh you aren't being rude at all, love. Frankly we should be asking Percy if he's alright with it.. but after all..." Percy smiled and his beautiful emerald eyes shimmered in the candlelight and he finished his mistress' sentence.

"After all.. I live to serve.."

((Give feedback and thoughts! It is my first story in a long while! Let me know if you enjoyed and what you'd like to see next!))