All Comments on 'Locked In Amber Ch. 12'

by Alkymist

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
The_Licentious_LaureateThe_Licentious_Laureateabout 2 years ago

I’m really enjoying this story, but both the sun and the moon rise in the East and set in the West. It is highly improbable that a cave giving a good view of a sunset would also give a good view of a rising full moon, which is highest in the sky around midnight.

AlkymistAlkymistabout 2 years agoAuthor

The cave mouth faces north. The cliff fell away to the west. Sitting at the NE corner of the mouth of the cave would provide a sufficient viewpoint for the sunset. The moon was not seen until later when they were more central to the opening of the cave. Perhaps my description was insufficient to accurately portray the layout. I'll keep that in mind as I write. I'm still working on finding an appropriate balance of description so as to provide the reader with a pleasant read without bogging down into fine detail.

But more importantly, I'm glad that you're liking the story. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlkymist@Alkymist
UPDATE (12/15/23): Christmas Surprises Part 3 is in the works. Illness took me out of commission for a while, so I'm behind on everything. ******************** If you enjoy my stories, feel free to write me an email. While I have tons of ideas coursing through my brain at any...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES