Loneliest Man Who Ever Lived Ch. 05

Story Info
Harry and Goldie have a romantic date in Central Park.
7.2k words
4.69
3.3k
6

Part 5 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/19/2023
Created 05/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[Note: This is a romance story with some erotic scenes. It is not a story with erotic scenes in every chapter. Some chapters have incredible sex scenes, but many others have none.]

Chapter 5: Saturday

Harry worked steadily for a day on the page of equations which Goldie had given him. He felt he was making progress, but it was not until Friday evening that he came up with the answer. He smiled, nodded, checked the result twice, just to be sure, and commed it to Goldie. He waited anxiously for an answer.

It came an hour later, as a text message.

SEE YOU SATURDAY. I CAN'T WAIT.

Neither could Harry.

********

Goldie greeted him with open arms, and Harry found himself eagerly falling into them when he saw her at the hotel. It had been three days since they had last been together, but it felt like an eternity. He hadn't gone back to his nightly visits on the wharf, but he had been terribly anxious and distracted. He was beginning to need Goldie, and it frightened him. He knew his quasi-relationship with her would end sooner or later--probably sooner, rather than later--and he knew he would have to deal with the disappointment and make the painful readjustment to the life of a loner... but not today.

"I missed you," said Goldie, when she pulled back. She looked gorgeous. Her wavey brown and blonde hair, splashed over her shoulders, was now draped over a smart black leather jacket. She looked so sexy!

"I missed you too," Harry blurted. He hadn't meant to say it, but he couldn't help it.

Goldie let a hand play over the lapel of his jacket. "That's the first time you've ever said anything nice to me, Harry." She looked up at him with half lidded eyes. "Are you starting to like me, Harry? Even just a tiny bit?"

Harry nodded, not trusting his voice. He felt himself starting to become erect, deep inside his pants.

"Good," said Goldie. "So where are we going today?"

********

Central Park was beautiful in early November. The leaves were changing color and were various shades of orange, yellow, and red. The air was cool and crisp, in the low 60's. Gentle white puffy clouds hovered in the sky. It was a perfect day for a walk.

Central Park wasn't the only thing that was beautiful. Harry was very aware of all the eyes on them. Well, not so much on them, as her. He had a gorgeous woman on his arm, talking and smiling, and Harry saw more than one head turning in her direction. It was very much like one of Harry's many fantasies, when he would go to Central Park, pick out a woman, and imagine her in a relationship with him. Only now the fantasy was real. For a day, Harry's dreams had become reality.

Goldie noticed the other men staring at them, and smiled very happily and said, "Men. They always want what they can't have. It's in their nature."

"And your nature?" Harry asked.

"I have exactly what I want," said Goldie, squeezing his arm as she smiled at him, and she looked so intently at Harry that he thought she was going to kiss him.

They sat by the lake, a place where Harry had sat many times, contemplating life and the nature of existence. The ancient high rise apartment buildings of Manhattan loomed incongruously just a block or two away.

The lake was not merely a lake. Harry had realized that early on. In one sense, it was a lake, surrounded by an island (Manhattan), which itself was surrounded by water. It was all part of a larger whole. Whenever people came and sat by the lake, they became part of the lake. Their worries, their joys, their dialogs, all became part of the ecosystem of the lake. The nature of the lake changed based on whoever was sitting near it. For a time, Harry too was part of the lake, but he never felt part of it; he was always an outsider, clad in his silvery spacesuit, on the outside looking in.

"It's beautiful," said Goldie, watching Canada Geese trailed by a series of ducklings bob up and down the water. "Do you come here a lot?"

"Yes," said Harry. "To observe the humans." He realized his mistake immediately. It had been so long, so very long since he had talked to anyone, anyone at all, except for Carl-

Goldie gave a broad smile. "And what are you, Harry?"

"I... I...." Harry found himself faltering.

She took his hand. "Do you know the textbook definition of humanity, Harry?"

"I don't know," said Harry, feeling embarrassed.

Goldie looked into his eye. "The textbook definition of a human is a being who is able to reproduce with other humans. Are you human, Harry?"

"I... I suppose so."

"In theory only, I suppose," she said, and he could see that she was teasing him again. Goldie suppressed her inner anguish; she had long ago accepted her own fate in this matter. She was barren, but Harry would never know.

"Goldie, I-"

"Oh, look, Harry! Rowboats!" Goldie cried, pointing to the water. "Rent a rowboat for us, Harry. Would you, please?"

Harry couldn't refuse.

He loved the look of pure joy on her face as they did the simplest of things together. It was like they were both alive for the very first time. Goldie looked so happy seeing him row, and he had no idea why.

"Why are you smiling?" Harry asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Goldie asked.

"No," said Harry.

"Harry, stop the boat."

"What?"

"Just stop rowing for a minute," said Goldie.

Harry stopped. Suddenly, it became very quiet. The loudest sound was the water lapping against the side of the boat. He looked around. They were very nearly in the middle of the lake. All around them was water.

Goldie grabbed his hand, and leaned close to him. "A moment ago you asked me why I was happy, Harry." She stared into his beautiful blue eyes. "It's because I'm trapped here, in the middle of a lake. All alone... with you." And then she leaned close, and traced the edges of her lips against Harry's, just barely touching his. Was she actually touching his lips, or was she just so very close that he imagined it? For the life of him, Harry was not sure.

Harry felt the warmth of her breath as she gently blew on his lips. His heart pounded in his chest. His body shivered.

"Do you like that, Harry?" Goldie asked. It was almost an odd question, since she had barely touched him. But Harry nodded quickly.

"Would you like to kiss me, Harry?" Goldie asked. She looked into his eyes.

Harry didn't know what to say. Yes, he would like to kiss her. But then he remembered the Rule of Onnika. Kisses ended relationships.

Goldie looked intently at him, waiting, waiting for a moment that didn't happen, and then slowly nodded. "I guess you're just one of those guys who doesn't like to kiss girls."

Harry found his voice. "I... I...."

"You can resume rowing, Harry." She looked disgusted.

"Goldie-"

"The oars, Harry," said Goldie.

Harry started rowing again. He thought he caught the faintest twinkle in her eyes. Was she truly upset, or was she merely teasing him again?

"Look at that couple, Harry. They figured out how to do it," said Goldie.

In a neighboring rowboat, a black man was kissing his girlfriend. She was black too, but was much lighter skinned, and had a slender caucasian nose.

"The male would like to copulate with the female human," said Goldie.

Is she mocking me? Harry wondered.

Goldie held up an imaginary microphone, as if she were dictating a report.

"Space Force anthropologists Goldie MacPherson and Harry Crater have come across a remarkable planet, where the native life forms press their lips together, to stimulate arousal. Is that your conclusion as well, Astronaut Crater?"

Harry didn't know what to say. She was mocking him, and yet... and yet... it was all so cute.

"Yes," said Harry finally. "The male is attempting to persuade the female to fertilize her eggs."

"Really?" said Goldie, her eyebrows lifting. "And how do we know that the female is not the one doing the persuading?"

"Look at the humans," said Harry crisply. "Specifically, the male animal. See how the weight of his right leg is pressing against her, into her. Now look at the female of the species. Note how her right hand is flexing, and unflexing. She is the one receiving. She is the one being stimulated. The male is attempting to raise her arousal level to a state sufficient enough to make her acquiesce to fertilization."

"I have a feeling she might do more than just acquiesce," Goldie grinned, looking at the couple. "How about you, Harry? Do you ever acquiesce?" She smiled again. "Are you aware you blush a lot, Harry?"

"Around you I do," said Harry.

"I'll take that as a compliment," said Goldie.

Harry looked her in the eye. "That's how I meant it," he said, his voice cracking slightly. They stared at each other for several long heartbeats, and something passed between them.

Then it was Goldie's turn to blush, for once. She found her voice uncharacteristically rusty. "Let's get this uh, ship back into port, Harry."

********

They passed a giant chessboard, with squares big enough for people to stand on.

"Want to play chess, Harry?

"What, just the two of us? We don't have any pieces!"

"That's all right, Harry, we'll make do. We'll be the pieces," Goldie grinned. "You'll be a pawn on one side, and I'll be a queen on the other side." She moved to one end of the board.

"A pawn against a queen?" Harry said skeptically.

"Get on the board, Harry."

Harry went and stood in a pawn's position. Goldie moved over so that she was in the neighboring column, on the other end of the board. She took one step forward. "Your move, Harry."

Harry sighed. He wondered what the point of this was. He took a step forward.

Goldie took another step forward. "Harry."

Harry sighed, and took another step forward.

So did Goldie. "Your turn again, Harry."

"If I take one more step, I'll be diagonally adjacent to you, and you can take me," Harry said.

"That's right, Harry."

"That's not a winning strategy," said Harry.

"Don't you want to get taken, Harry?" Goldie asked.

"I... I...."

"Make the move, Harry. Acquiesce, and I will take you," said Goldie.

Harry bit his lip. He knew something important was being decided here, but he wasn't quite sure what.

"Acquiesce, Harry!"

Trembling slightly, he took a step forward.

"There, you see, that wasn't so difficult," said Goldie, her voice immediately softening. She slowly moved in front of him. She stared at him for a long moment. "And now I take you," she whispered. "Are you ready to be taken, Harry?"

Harry had no words. He watched as Goldie slowly started to move her face closer to his. She stared into his eyes. She seemed to be relishing the moment. Her lips traced his in the most gentlest way possible. She traced them back and forth for a long moment. Then she took him by the arms, and pressed her lips firmly and decisively against his own. For a moment, time stopped as her lips grinded against his. She looked into his eyes, but they were closed, as he absorbed the physical sensation of it all. They kissed for a moment longer, reveling in the physical sensations, and then, as Goldie pulled back, she heard Harry utter the slightest of moans.

She smiled at him. "There.. Finally..." She studied him, as if he were her latest conquest. "I enjoyed taking you, Harry. How did you enjoy your... acquiescence?"

Harry said, "It was... nice." He felt that nice didn't begin to cover it, but he was at an uncharacteristic loss for words. He felt like he was drunk.

Goldie took him by the arm and led him to a nearby lawn. She lay down on her side, and gestured for Harry to do the same. It was a warm day in early November and the sun was bright and shining. Goldie opened Harry's coat, and slowly put her hand inside. She let her fingers roam over his belly, and then his chest.

Harry didn't say anything. His heart was beating a mile a minute.

With her free hand, Goldie opened up her own coat. Then she put Harry's hand inside her own coat. "Don't be naughty, Harry. At least, not too naughty."

Harry cautiously started to move his hand. He felt her belly, moving his fingertips back and forth.

"I have other parts as well, Harry," said Goldie. She took off her jacket, and gestured for Harry to do the same.

Harry started to touch her arms. Even through her shirt, she felt so soft. As he touched her, he felt her fingers on his own arms, on his own shoulders.

"Do you like it, Harry?"

"Yes," Harry whispered.

"I'll bet it's been a while since you touched a girl, Harry," said Goldie. "Do you miss it?"

"Yes," said Harry, blushing because of the shared intimacy.

"I like touching you, Harry," said Goldie, letting her hand roam over his chest. Even through his shirt, her touch felt like wildfire. "Do you like touching me, Harry? It's all right to say it. Try saying it, Harry, give it a try."

"I... I like touching you," said Harry. He almost choked on the words.

"I like touching you too, dear," she said, keeping busy with her hands.

Dear. She had called him dear!

"You feel so good," said Goldie. "You make me excited. Do I make you excited, Harry?"

"Yes," he gasped, like a confession. He stared into her clear blue eyes. They seemed to be hypnotic. For the longest time, they were lost in each others' touch. Harry touched her arms and shoulder and legs, and Goldie touched his chest and neck and face. They weren't even touching bare skin for the most part, and yet, the feeling of being touched, even through clothes, was somehow incredibly erotic. The feeling of her fingers, her fingers, full of warmth and lust and femininity... touching him through his shirt... feeling the soft caress... feeling the expression of her intense attraction... feeling the promise of more.... it all made Harry want to cry for joy. The way she looked at him, with hungering in her eyes, also excited him. Her eyes were full of lust. Just being in such close contact with a woman, a woman who clearly wanted him so badly... it was so intoxicating... so heady... he craved it so, so much....

Harry wasn't the only one aroused. Goldie was very excited too. This wasn't her normal pattern with men. He was so smart... and handsome... and attractive... and yet so vulnerable. By the third date she'd be hopping into bed with a new boyfriend. But it just felt so good to go slow with Harry. It was like... savoring a new taste... wanting to make that special moment, really, really count for something....

Time passed in unfathomable proportions. And then the sun started to cast shadows, and Goldie said, "Harry? Do you think we should have dinner now?"

Dinner?

Harry checked his chrono. It was nearly five o'clock. Where had nearly three hours gone?

As Harry got up, Goldie noticed tears in his eyes. "Harry, why are you crying?"

Harry blushed again. It had just been so beautiful, lying in the grass with such an attractive woman, such a simple pleasure, something which had been denied him his entire life. As he had stared at Goldie, lying there, with her dark blonde hair splayed across her shoulders and the grass, her womanly body side by side with him, the outlines of her firm breasts visible within her shirt, he realized that this was a view, and an experience, he was not likely to ever have again.

"I... I just... I'm just sad that this is going to end."

"Harry!" Goldie hugged him tightly. It felt good, even through their respective clothes. "This is never going to end. We are going to be friends forever."

Friends forever. Harry remembered the Rule of Gary, and wiped away more tears.

********

Dinner was a blur. Harry found himself lost in her, staring at her, trying to burn the memory of the experience into his brain. Goldie looked so beautiful, in her black leather jacket, with her wavy hair falling on her shoulders. Her breasts were firm ovals under her tight white blouse. She was so gorgeous.

"Do you see anything you like, Harry?" Goldie asked.

Harry blushed yet again. Normally, Goldie wasn't attracted to shy, awkward men. But there was something about Harry, something pure, something innocent, which excited her in a way that Goldie had never felt before.

"This is what, our third or fourth date, is it?" said Goldie. "I don't know if I've ever been on a fourth date without having sex. What about you, Harry?"

Harry had to adjust suddenly so he didn't choke on his food. "I'd have to think about it."

"I'm sure you would," said Goldie. He could see the teasing in her eyes, which took some of the sting out of it. She paused. "So Harry, what is it like being a Fourther?"

Harry stiffened. Even though that was a fundamental part of his identity, no one had ever asked him that question before. He felt oddly relieved, to be able to talk about it. But how to express his feelings?

"It feels... alienating," said Harry, quickly thinking of his spacesuit. No, he couldn't tell Goldie about his spacesuit. She would never understand. She would think him terribly odd, and never want to see him again.

"Alienating?" said Goldie, sipping her wine.

How much to tell her? "I feel different from everyone else. I see things differently."

"I know! You see things I never could!" said Goldie excitedly. "Like with the paintings at the museum. Or the trains in Grand Central. Or your observations about people--I mean, the humans, on the planet surface, of course."

Harry felt a shiver through his body. She genuinely seemed to appreciate him for what he was! He had never experienced that before. "I... I... people just never seem to be able to relate to me."

Goldie grabbed his hand. "I don't know about other people, but I think I'm relating to you just fine." She looked him in the eye. "And what I'm seeing, I'm starting to like very much."

Harry, feeling a tense throbbing in his chest, tried to burn every detail of this moment into his brain. The look on Goldie's face, the brilliant strands of brown and yellow hair curled around her kindly face. Her gorgeous blue eyes. The way her hand felt when she touched him. The look of intense interest in her face. The shininess of her black leather jacket. The firm roundness of the outlines of her breasts. The way he sat there, just inches from this wondrous being, this being of warmth and light and love, who seemed to want something from him, and only him. He wished he could record this moment so he could play it back forever and ever.

********

After dinner, Harry escorted her back to her hotel in a daze.

It was there she handed him another data chip.

"Another one?" said Harry.

"The last one, Harry," said Goldie. "Solve this, and you'll win the prize of prizes."

Harry took the datachip, and inserted it into his Pad. His eyebrows lifted as he saw the latest problem.

"The toughest yet," said Goldie. "We want it solved by Monday, at noon."

"Monday!" said Harry.

"They want to see if you can work under time constraints," said Goldie.

"This is crazy," said Harry. "I'm not going to work for your company." There, he had said it. And he almost regretted it even as he did. He looked to Goldie for her reaction.

Goldie's face seemed to fall. "That would make me very sad, Harry," said Goldie quietly. "That would mean I would never get to see you again."

"I... I thought you had feelings for me," said Harry.

She looked at him with hurt eyes. "I do have feelings for you. But my job is based in Boston, not New York, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that long distance relationships never work," said Goldie.

"I... don't know if I can solve this," said Harry, studying the equation.

"You can, Harry," said Goldie, turning to go.

"How do you know?" Harry asked.

"Because, more than anything, you want to see me again," said Goldie. "Good night, Harry." And she walked into the elevator bank.