Long Blonde Hair, Sky Blue Eyes Pt. 12

Story Info
New enemies, new friends, new challenges, and reconciliation.
19.6k words
4.78
3.5k
10

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 05/04/2024
Created 09/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Long Blonde Hair, Sky Blue Eyes - Chapter 12

This chapter sets the stage for the final chapter.

*****

The medical flight crew dealt with Wayne's injuries as best they could before loading him into the helicopter and lifting off. Being banned from his area, the others used the time to check one another for wounds. Although there were bloody clothes, they only had to pull a few thorns out from lying or kneeling on the ground or running through the low brush to get more ammo or cover another area. That they were comfortably dressed for the flight was a good thing, as jeans and sweats offered more leg protection than dresses and shorts would have.

Then they faced one another, and Danny asked the question they all had, "Why aren't we being interrogated by a squadron of cops? Why are we standing here in a field with blown up shit all around us, a thousand shell casings on the ground, and bodies scattered in a horseshoe around us? We all heard the sirens - where are the cops?"

"What about the helicopters? There were more than a LifeFlight. I didn't have time to study them, but several looked like Air Force attack copters, maybe HH-60Ws.

"Let's find a Sat phone and call Bill - something isn't right," Eddie suggested.

"Guys, what about rifles and the grenade launcher?" Erik asked. "The XM5 I was using hasn't been approved for civilian use, and the M16s have an auto fire selector. Do we need to put them back in their boxes?"

"The cops are going to find them anyway. Let's keep everything out until we figure out what's going on," Monty suggested. "We may need them again, although ammo is going to be a problem."

"So," Cassie asked, "do we just stand here holding rifles? I don't want the police or state troopers shooting us!"

Eddie returned with a phone and said, "We missed calls from Bill; who wants the honor?"

"You're holding the phone," Monty replied, so Eddie called.

He didn't even get to say hello: Bill stated, "Stay there. Put the weapons in their boxes, leave the keys in the ignitions, and step away from the two vehicles. Troops are in the field around you, and two rescue helicopters are close. Divide up and get on a chopper as soon as they land. We'll talk later, after you have been removed from the scene."

"Anything you want to share right now, Chief? We're a bit confused here."

"No, just load up and get the hell out of there!"

The rescue/combat HH 60-Ws were seconds out, not minutes. They divided up and sprinted to the open doors as soon as the helicopters set down, strapped in, and the big birds lifted off. Barely a few moments later they were dropped off at the USAF compound at Camp Swift north of Bastrop and escorted to the elevators. Their armed escorts told them to get on the elevators, punch U3, and they would be met when the doors opened.

Colonel Byrd and Major Heiser were waiting. They greeted Erik by name, then introduced themselves and shook hands with each person. They then led the way to a conference room, offered drinks and snacks, and invited them to take seats around the table.

"Let me begin by saying how glad we are that you nine are physically unharmed. It is also my pleasure to inform you that Wayne Gunther is at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, where he is receiving the finest care. He is reported to be in stable condition, and his prognosis for a full recovery is positive.

"However, physical injury is not our only concern. An event like this afternoon's also affects your psyche and emotions. Professional trauma counselors will soon arrive to meet with and debrief each of you, and will be at your service for as long as you desire.

"You will be here for at least four days, while all parties work to figure out how and why this happened, and who the other players are. We know some of you have commitments, but please understand that your health and safety are of paramount importance to us, and we, nor anyone else, can guarantee your safety if you leave here under these circumstances."

Erik leaned back in his chair, made a temple of his hands and rubbed them together for moment, until he had everyone's attention. "Can you guarantee our safety here? You guaranteed my safety when we established the 'dome of protection' agreement, and yet, there we were, alone in a field, carrying out a firefight with well-armed forces that kept popping up all over the place like Whack-a-Moles.

"Air cover? Yeah, after a car chase through brush and fields, and nearly a half-hour of trading bullets! Police protection? Yeah, they showed up at the same time as the air cover! Why should I - why should we - trust you now? Your record so far sucks!"

"Every assertion is correct, and I have no answers. We will brief you regarding our initial findings at 0800 tomorrow. At this time, all I'm able to tell you is that unprecedented forces grounded our UAVs, and the ones that arrived were from Randolph AFB in San Antonio.

"The police were summoned, but a van filled with explosives detonated on the eastbound bridge nearest you, and traffic had to be rerouted so they could get to you.

"I can't answer any of the most relevant questions - who, why, and how - at this time, but you can believe that there are literally tens of thousands working on resolving those questions as we speak. I can assure you that this facility is considered unassailable even when on normal alert status, and we're now at the highest level of alert! Honestly, short of a full-scale invasion or nuclear attack, I can't envision the forces it would require to harm us while we're in this facility."

Erik scoffed, "There's a lot you've told me that I'm going to reserve judgement on for now, including these newest assurances. Right now, though, we'd like to go to our quarters to clean up and calm down; later, we'd like to get together for a meal and opportunity to talk about today. Since the attacks began, we haven't had a moment to talk among ourselves privately, and we would appreciate that opportunity."

"Of course; feel free to take any food or drink from this room to tide you over until the mess hall opens at 1800 hours. You will have access to this conference room after your meal, and there is no audio or video recording being made herein."

As at the new Greenlight facility, quarters were on third floor, but the corridors were much longer -because there were as many rooms as a large hotel. Major Heiser led them to their assigned rooms along the corridor to the right, with each couple and each member of the security force having a room. They were bunched, with three on each side of the corridor, facing one another.

Monty none-too-subtly went through each room with a device to detect listening devices before they settled in. Rather than taking offense, the major smiled and continued showing the assignee(s) around the quarters. No devices were detected in any room.

Once alone, Erik faced Annika and took her hands. To this point, he, she, and every other person involved in repelling the attacks had remained stoic. Adrenaline levels were way down, but a nervous energy persisted.

"Before you ask, I'm doing surprisingly well; how about you?"

"I think so, though I've had no time to process what happened and get in touch with my feelings about it," Erik replied.

"Yeah, me too. I'm relieved that we're all physically okay, but otherwise I'm kind of emotionally numb. Sooner or later, I'll need to talk about my feelings when we went racing up the steep embankment and through the brush and bullets were flying, but it's not now. Right now, I want to get naked and lay on the bed with my fiancée! After that, I want to take a hot shower with him, and then go eat!"

She was kicking off her shoes as she spoke; he kicked his off, grabbed his sweats by the waist band, and pulled them down. Annika was already doing the same thing; they tossed pants and undergarments aside, and then covered them with sweatshirts.

Annika dove on the bed backward and spread her legs as widely as possible. Erik landed between those lovely legs and covered Annika, who shrieked with delight at the sensation of him entering her without prelude.

Their early morning loving was supposed to last the week they were apart, but Annika hot to trot only eight hours later.

Their version of missionary was anything but boring, what with Erik's 'pile driving ass' and Annika's long, powerful legs wrapped around it, but after her second quick climax she clung to him as he flipped onto his back.

As good as 'male dominant' was, his hands were restricted much more than in 'female dominant' (cowgirl), in which he could enjoy her 'pile driving ass' while nursing her titties and diddling her little brown hole, which made her drive piles even harder!

His expulsion of hot cream concurrent with an internal earthquake brought that to a halt, and she lay on top of him, still quivering, shuddering, and whimpering from a grand number three. He kept her rapped in his arms, still connected at her junction, while they took a power nap.

She awoke first, and immediately began working her puss up, down, and all around, savoring the feeling of his hard-again cock rubbing her walls. She was super sensitive, so it didn't take long before she went stiff and was crying out for the fourth time. He rolled her on her side, wrapped her in his arms, and they took another nap.

It was nearly five (1700 hours) when they awoke, teased each other about wearing their athletic socks in bed like in some old porno, shucked the socks, and got into the shower. Erik was behind in climaxes, but her hot hands, hotter mouth, and the scalding pussy she backed against him reduced the deficit by one. Sated, they finished cleaning each other and got out.

At 17:50 they stepped into the hallway. With perfect timing, Cassie and KJ were closing their door, and Johnny and Hanna were emerging from theirs. The Saunders waited for the others, and they proceeded to the elevators.

"Damn I'm glad you two are insatiable," KJ confided loudly. "We were just standing there, not far from tears, when Annika shrieked. Cassie gave me that devilish grin, started tossing clothing around the room, and away we went! I had no idea that sex could be this cleansing, but I honestly feel great!"

Hanna laughed. "Yeah, it went down like that in our room too! Johnny and I sat down to talk it out, but the racket from next door was compelling, so we tossed clothes around and jumped on the bed. And I agree: it was very therapeutic!"

"If they filmed us," Erik disclosed, "they are going to think they're watching mid-1900s porn again. We didn't take our socks off until we showered!"

Cassie pointed at her sandals, then at KJ's athletic shoes and socks, and laughed. "Hell no I didn't stop to take off my socks! She was spread-eagle naked on the bed!" KJ explained. Hanna pointed at her shoes and socks, then at Johnny's, and laughed.

"I wish you guys would be more circumspect and consider the three single males across the hall before you describe your porno exploits!" Eddie complained as he walked up behind them. "I didn't hear anything, but your stories are hard for a 26 year-old boy like me to hear!"

"Hard, or hardening?" Annika asked innocently, surprising her fiancée and friends, who began laughing at her audacity. That question was worthy of audacious Cassie, not sweet Annika, and it reddened the three men before Eddie tossed it back.

"What do you think, Hot Stuff? That smoldering look over your shoulder in Sports Illustrated must not have been an acting job!"

She reddened very slightly, but pulled Erik to her and replied, "It's all his fault! I was content with my toys until he came along and turned me into his personal sl... plaything!"

"Uh huh, sure," he replied with an eyeroll, "it's all on me. I have to force you every time, right?"

They were headed up in the elevator when Cassie proposed, "Given what I've seen and heard over the past year, I think you're both so hot spontaneous combustion occurs when you get together! Hot for each other, I mean."

KJ shook his head slowly, then said, "I don't know that he has a choice; she's hot enough to start a forest fire! Like me; I don't have a choice when you rub up against me, my little arsonist! And Johnny has the same problem! The three of you are like boxes of matches!"

"And the three of you are as easy as gasoline!" Annika declared, continuing her streak.

Watching the nine survivors of an ambush and half-hour gunbattle get off the elevator laughing loudly shocked the hell out of Colonel Byrd and the trauma counselor standing beside him. They expected anxious expressions, maybe tears, at best the stoicism displayed earlier. Instead, they got this?

Who were these people?

The Sunday cafeteria choices were incredibly good. The entrées were prime rib or turkey with dressing and gravy; green and yellow vegetables; rolls or biscuits; and peach, blackberry, or pecan cobbler. They ate well, and although they toned the sexuality down slightly, continued the lively conversation over dinner.

They weren't close friends with Eddie, and barely knew Monty and Danny before today, but surviving the ambush had made them comrades.

"I haven't wanted to interrupt," a stranger standing next to the major said, "but I want to introduce myself. I'm Captain Erin West, and I'm one of three trauma counselors here. I've been told what you endured this afternoon, and I'd like to offer our services to you."

Erik looked around the table, assessed the expressions and body language, and replied, "Thank you, Captain West. I'm sure we will all choose to avail ourselves of the services you are offering when reality sets in. As for me, I'm too hyped up right now to want to talk."

"I'll bet you are," Eddie muttered under his breath, which brought another round of laughter, and confused the counselor even more.

"Well, if any of you do want to talk, just dial #6996 on the phone in your room."

That evoked an even more outrageous round of laughter, and KJ choked out, "Oh, yes, I'm sure we will!" Realizing why they were laughing, she blushed and excused himself, making a mental note to make communications change her number. How had she not noticed?

****

By Monday morning reality had set in, and questions abounded. Not necessarily about the ambush, but about their families, their interrupted plans for the week, and their jobs. Encoded satellite phones were assigned after the 'you cannot tell anyone, including your parents...' lecture had been acknowledged with signatures. They were then informed that Bill Hammer would arrive at noon, so they shouldn't bother to call him.

The Colonel then advised, "Although none of you have yet asked to see the counselor, Captain West has scheduled time to interview each of you. All we ask is that you answer her questions truthfully. She won't go beyond the scope of the incident, and her loyalty and fidelity are to you and no one else. She's bound by the same doctor-patient relationship legalities as someone in private practice, which she will validate by providing you a signed form with that guarantee.

"Each interview is scheduled to last one hour, and counseling sessions can be scheduled for a future time, as you see fit. There are five slots today and four tomorrow. Please pick a time and sign up on the clipboard I laid on the table when I came in.

"Although you may feel you don't need this, in police work, after engaging in a traumatic incident like yesterday's, personnel are required to meet with and by cleared by a counselor before returning to duty. To the extent possible, we do the same in the military. So, do this for yourself, for those you love, and for the people you work with. Keeping trauma bottled up can come back to haunt you, and them."

"He couldn't be more correct!" Annika interjected. "And, believe me, I speak from experience! I've had far more than my fair share of drama and trauma in the past two years, and if you suppress your feelings, they will come back to haunt you, and those you love!

"I have two counselors already, as the result of other incidents, but I'll gladly take advantage of this opportunity, and I hope you will too."

She looked carefully at the faces around the room, but her eyes fixed on Erik last. She had seen concern, even a bit of reluctance in a few faces, but no outright refusal - even among the most macho of the men. Erik's face was devoid of emotion. She hated to admit it, but she faced a lifetime of not knowing how the man she loved more than any other was feeling because she couldn't read his mind, and he was an expert at hiding and compartmentalizing his fears, anger, frustrations, and disappointments.

Maybe, just maybe, today's interview could make a dent in that partitioning. She walked directly to the table and signed up for the first slot. Cassie drug KJ to the table, and Hanna gave Johnny a look that he understood; all four signed up. Annika's eyes found Erik's and silently pleaded; he gave her a tiny smile and got into line behind Johnny. Monty, Danny, and Eddie followed.

Annika and the Colonel looked pleased. The first interview would be with Annika, in a little over an hour.

Major Guenther joined them, spoke quietly to Colonel Byrd, and then said, "I've been authorized to bring you up to date on what we've learned from the investigations, which isn't as much as we or you would like. Let me caution you, though: we aren't going to speculate and make decisions based on that speculation. We are speculating, based on information gleaned, but only to form hypotheses to test.

"I strongly urge you to do the same, because rushing to conclusions can get you killed, like the African villager lying in wait for a man-eating lion who is pulled into the water and eaten by a crocodile."

"Colonel, may I have my laptop and internet access?" Erik asked. "If so, I can help you with that. As you may know, my artificial intelligence-aided searches have assisted other law enforcement efforts, and I believe I can help now."

"I don't believe that was found in the Suburbans we recovered. How should we recover it for you, Mr. Swahn?"

"I can put my hands on it in ten seconds once I get to the house, but since I suspect I'm not leaving yet, a member of our security force can, if I can speak with her."

"We have a team stationed at the turnoff from 71 to your house. Use your Sat phone to call her, and we will have a two-man team at your door in 5-7 minutes to pick it up."

He called Andi, but had to assure her that Wayne's prognosis was positive, and everyone else was safe before she would let him give her directions. After a bobble with the security code to his office, she quickly retrieved this laptop and took it down to the air force MPs, who were waiting at the door; twenty-seven minutes later it was in his possession and Aini was being tasked.

Erik's slot followed Annika, and he was summoned before he had time to begin his own search. The laptop tucked under his arm as he walked to the counselor's office. Annika was down the hall talking to Hanna, but she gave him the 'OK' hand sign as assurance his time would not be wasted.

The mandatory questions struck him as liability-inspired protocol, but he answered truthfully. When that was out of the way, she began a more personal line of questioning, and soon he was engaged in a far-ranging conversation with her. Not being thin skinned or so 'male' he couldn't share his thoughts and feelings about yesterday, or either LA event, he surprised her with his insights and willingness to describe his feelings.

They had drifted into his recently revived relationship with Annika when his time was up. She pleaded with him to return, for Annika's good as well as his own, and he agreed - as long as it was tomorrow. She scheduled and released him.

Hanna was next; he winked at her, held the door slightly open for her, and quietly asked, "So where is your glass for listening through the door? Because I know you've been trying."