Long Blonde Hair, Sky Blue Eyes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have a one piece I can wear, but how are you going to teach me without others laughing at a 24 year-old who can't swim?"

Hanna said, "Trust us - we've got it all planned out. In three days, you'll be confidently jumping off cliffs into the lake!"

She looked skeptical, but joined everyone on the walkway a few minutes later. The guys wore board shorts and tees, Hanna wore a cover up, and Annika had an extra-large towel wrapped around her and tied above her breasts. The girls led them down the three flights of stairs and to the pool.

"Those long, long legs..." Johnny mumbled to his friend, who chuckled quietly.

There were guests checking out and checking in, but only a few were in or around the Ester Williams Swimming Pool. Once he learned the swimsuit model couldn't swim, Erik had acquired a club membership online; they were welcomed and advised to pick a lounger, but reminded that the cabanas had to be reserved.

They went to the far end of the long, slender pool, away from the slides and other kid attractions, shucked shirts, cover up, and towel, tossed everything on loungers, and jumped into the 4' water.

Hanna's modest but high cut bikini did a magnificent job of exhibiting her curvy 5'6", 125 pound body, as did Annika's shimmering black one piece. If anything, the clingy material of the one piece emphasized her tiny waist and jutting butt more than the bikini she wore in Chicago, but the high neck and built-in cups obscured the size and firmness of her B- to C-cup breasts; it was hard to tell because they protruded straight out from her chest.

At 6'1", 200 pounds, Johnny was slightly broader through the trunk than Erik, who was 6'2", 204 with more muscular legs, shoulders, and arms. Both looked like the collegiate athletes they were a few years ago: trim, muscled, and graceful.

Being strong and fit with a low, low BMI meant Annika didn't have much natural buoyancy, and her fears of water getting in her mouth and nose, and of drowning, made her struggle when she needed to relax, so they began at the beginning. She was introduced to relaxing in water by learning the jellyfish float, which they did with her, in support.

Once she figured out how to raise her face to take the deep breath, immerse her face, and let her arms and feet dangle, she began calming. At first, running out of breath and beginning to sink frightened her, but as she learned to raise her head and look up to grab another breath, she grew more confident about her buoyancy.

Floating on her back took time because she was certain water was going to get in her mouth and nose, so she stiffly tried to keep her head elevated... which sank her bottom, and she went under. Erik made her elevate her hips, arch her back, and lay the back of her hair in the water; he lightly supported her butt with his hand, while Hanna lightly supported her head.

While in that position, Johnny talked her through keeping her chin elevated and breathing through her nose. She slowly began to lose the rigid tension in her body as she became more confident. Once relaxed, Annika learned to inhale properly, keep her eyes open, and even talk while floating.

The next steps were to cup her hands and pull water while standing, and to hold onto the edge to flutter kick. When she had mastered those, they put her back in the jellyfish float position and had her practice pulling with her hands and kicking. Soon she was able to tread water effectively, and it wasn't long after that she was doing the dog paddle rather adroitly. She was quite proud of herself, and they gave her positive reinforcement every time she succeeded.

With a mile of legs for propulsion, the frog kick and breaststroke came easy, and the backstroke even easier. They would save the crawl for tomorrow, but assured her she was already 'water proof', and showed signs of being a natural water bug. She was ecstatic, and gave hugs all around!

Of course, after swimming for the first time in her life, she was STARVING, so they got out, raced back to the rooms, changed, and met at the staircase. Both girls wore blue jean shorts with raggedy edges and autographed Justin Bieber concert shirts with bejeweled flip-flops. The guys wore drawstring shorts and colored tees that did nothing to hide their musculature, with leather sandals.

Their attractive little group drew stares as they made their way through The Jockey Club restaurant, which featured locally sourced (Michigan) steaks, seafood, and vegetables. Annika's growling belly led her to believe she could eat more than she could, but watching the lean model eat with gusto was almost as much fun as seeing her act like a giggly, happy little girl as she conquered the scary water.

They walked from one end of the village to the other, tried at least 25 varieties of fudge, and shopped until the stores started closing. They returned with a nice variety of tourist wear featuring Mackinac Island places and events they hoped to see.

No one was very hungry, or wanted to dress up, so they made their way to the Ester Williams Pool Bar. They had drinks and apps, enjoyed the wind off the lake, and the changing views as they sun set across the island behind them. Annika was the first to yawn but they were all tired, which led them back to their rooms, goodnight hugs and kisses, and an early bedtime.

Hanna may or may not have spent the night in Johnny's queen bed - if she did, Erik slept through it - but he did see her sneaking out just before dawn.

Grandmother Maja's Monday itinerary made it clear that everyone would assemble for breakfast at 7:30 in the Main Dining Room, overlooking the Straits of Mackinac. With well over 60 in their group this was the only place large enough to host breakfast, which was included on the all-inclusive hotel packages paid for by Maja and Oliver.

It was also the first time they would see the entire crew, and Annika was so estranged from her family that she knew only a few more family members than the other three. Being early they chose prime seats in the middle of the long table. Annika then posted herself just inside the door so she could greet each group of arrivals.

She was intent on making up for her failures as a family member, and that started by getting to know all of her family.

As soon as her brother, sister, father, and stepmother Mary arrived, she drug them to seats nearest her, introduced her siblings to her friends, seated them, and rushed back to commandeer her grandparents.

"Who is that?" her (half) sister Elle asked snidely. "I've seen her around, but never acting all happy and friendly."

"Someone whose childhood was stolen by her mother," Erik responded coolly, "and who deeply regrets that. She knows she has a lot to make up for, but she does want to get to know all of you. I hope you'll give her a chance, Elle."

Elle paused at his response and gave him an icy stare, but thawed when he maintained a smile on his face. She was only sixteen, but Erik was the very definition of a hunk, as was his friend, so he had her attention even if she didn't want to hear his words.

Annika's father looked hopeful; her stepmother acted surprised, and hopeful; and her (13 year-old) brother Axel looked happy about the prospect of his gorgeous 'big sister' being in his life.

Hanna took control of the conversation, and when Annika and her grandparents arrived they were chatting amicably among themselves.

Oliver stood to lead the family prayer, and all sixty bowed their heads. Most family members were Evangelical Lutherans whose families were members of the Church of Sweden before they emigrated, but Oliver's prayer was nondenominational. It focused on blessing the food and those present, and asking for guidance in making good choices.

Annika was trying a little too hard, until Erik squeezed her leg, leaned over by her ear, and told her to relax and enjoy they moment - she had seven days to get to know everyone.

As the meal was winding down, the grandparents asked who was doing what today, and pointed at Elle to answer first. She let them know that her family was going to explore the little town and buy some cute things to wear. Axel interrupted, declaring, "She and mom are; Dad and I are going to eat fudge and taffy while they shop, and buy some new fishing lures!"

After the chuckling died down, Grandmother looked at Annika. "And you and your friends?"

Annika owned it and made herself vulnerable: "We're going to start with a workout, and then my friends are going to give me another swimming lesson. I never learned to swim as a child, so yesterday they taught me to float, dog paddle, and do the breaststroke and back stroke. I know I have a long ways to go, but they say I'll be jumping into the lake with them in a few days."

Completely without malice, Axel asked, "You can't swim? But you're old!"

His mother started to fuss and he father glared, but Annika just answered, "Instead of swimming lessons, I took piano, ballet, and tap dancing lessons when I was young. My mother wanted me to be in beauty contests, and you had to have a 'talent' that impresses the judges.

"If I could do it again, I'd make her let me learn to swim, play tennis, ride bikes, and do other fun things too, but I guess the contests did lead to my modeling career, so I shouldn't complain.

"But now I want to learn all the fun stuff I missed out on, like fishing and bike riding. Can you help me learn those, Axel?"

Her little brother beamed with pride as he assured her he was really good at both, and he would be glad to teach her. Everyone at the table smiled, and Annika's honesty and openness thawed a bit more of the frost. Erik caught Maja's quick look at Oliver, who petted her arm and winked.

She might not be able to swim, but she could work out, run, and stretch with the best, was much more limber than the men, and even Hanna was envious of her flexibility. Her newfound confidence in the water meant accelerated learning in the pool, and ended with her jumping into the deeper water, treading water, floating in both positions, and using a rudimentary crawl stroke to swim back to the side, where her coaches beamed with pride.

Hunger pangs drove them to The Gate House for a MAC Daddy burger, after which Annika went looking for Axel while the others rented bikes. She appeared with her beaming little brother and too cool to act happy or excited sixteen year-old sister in tow, so Erik yelled, "Do you guys want a bike? We're renting them now, so we can go on a short tour after y'all teach your sister to ride."

They did, although Elle was quick to say she wasn't the teacher. They noticed she had a full backpack strapped on, but thought little of it.

After pushing the bikes to a nearby parking lot, Axel began a very earnest teaching effort to an attentive learner. It took a few tries, although her friends felt the last two were probably to give Axel a chance to tutor and demonstrate a few more times, but she finally made it all the way down the lane, made a wobbly, looping turn, and wobbled back. Axel beamed with pride, and Elle even clapped for her proud big sis.

Today's tour wasn't the 8.2 mile tour around the island they intended to take when Annika was ready; the shorter first ride was along the tranquil Bluff Trail to The East Bluffs. They shouldn't have worried about the very coordinated and fit Annika, who, once she got the balance thing figured out, was easily able to keep up. She had spent countless hours 'spinning' on stationary bikes, so climbs didn't bother her but downslopes were scary. Her siblings stayed with her and talked her through using the brakes, and were almost a proud as Annika when she survived.

The Arch was awesome, and they frequently stopped to view and take pictures of the almost Caribbean colors of the lake below. On an island without motor vehicles bikes are king, and they made numerous stops to see sights and talk about them. The views of the harbor, city, and straits from the East Bluffs were worth the ride, and everyone agreed that breathing the clean, fresh air in this awesome setting gave them a kind of 'high' that was rarely experienced.

About a quarter of the way back, Elle diverted them onto a dirt trail. It gently climbed through the forest on the uphill side of the road, and the further they went the stiller and denser the air became; almost an "oxygen overload" Hanna proposed. The trail ended at a vacant picnic site, where they learned that Elle's backpack was full of goodies. Snacks of cheese curds, smoked whitefish, local trail mix, and fudge had never tasted that good before, and Elle got thanks and hugs from her happy companions. It was her turn to beam and bask.

On the way back they stopped at the intersection of the road to Fort Mackinac, got an enthusiastic preview from Axel and Elle, and agreed that tomorrow all six would ride up and take the tour... mom and dad and cousins too, if they wanted to.

Cruising back through the quaint and beautiful little town gave them a chance to look around again, and to buy a little more fudge and taffy "for later." Erik had rented the bikes with combination lock chains for the duration, so they took them back to Grand Hotel and stowed them in designated racks.

"You guys have been so helpful and we've had so much fun with you, would y'all like to go eat with us tonight? We're going back to The Gates House to try the fresh whitefish, but y'all can have the huge burgers or anything else you want."

"Can Mom and Dad come? We promised we'd eat with them," Axel replied.

"Of course, but we don't want to interfere with a family dinner, so if they've made plans just let us know," Big Sister assured them.

A text from Carl let them know they would be at The Gates House at seven, and sent Annika into another happy dance, which looked something like a cross between an Irish jig and tap dancing. If the fashion photographers, cinema directors, and paparazzi could capture the unrestrained joy her friends saw, the result would win major awards.

Oliver, Maja, Carl, and Mary watched the siblings embrace and rejoiced internally. The Annika they were experiencing was unlike any they had previously encountered, and was quite fun to be with. Her open adoration for her younger sister and brother was totally unexpected, and, as they were seated and the meal progressed, so was her insistent interest in the lives of everyone except herself. That was a 180 and perhaps the most surprising change her father and grandparents saw.

Maja was sitting at the head of the table, next to Erik. Annika was out of her seat again, engaged in conversation while kneeling between Elle and Mary. Maja's thoughtful stare caught Erik's attention, and he subtly raised his palms in question. She leaned toward him, pointed surreptitiously at Annika, and, when he leaned toward her, whispered, "How did you perform this magic?"

"That's all her," he whispered back. "She came here to capture a piece of the childhood taken from her, and to get to know the family she barely knew existed. You should have seen her getting biking lessons!"

"Oh, I heard about that from two reliable sources, who also informed me what a 'cool older sister' they had. I told Oliver I had to see it for myself, and I'll admit I'm stunned."

"I think you can thank her mother for this. Once Annika woke up to her true character, she turned away and found the family she didn't know. Now she can't get enough of the things she missed out on, and especially getting to know her dad and his family. Axel and Elle are really good for her."

They wandered around the grounds of the Grand after their meal, laughing and talking like friends and family should, and retired early so they could get an early start on their next adventures. Erik and Annika remained in their respective beds all night; Hanna and Johnny did not.

****

They had decided before ending dinner that they would proceed to British Landing for a picnic lunch and swimming after they toured the Fort. That required a quick trip downtown to acquire swimming shoes, as they were warned that Mackinac Island lacks sandy beaches, and the underwater rocks are sharp and painful to bare feet.

When they returned to the gathering spot, they found more kin than expected. Axel and Elle had recruited other teens, whose parents and siblings wanted to come, and the word spread. Mary and Carl weren't sure what Annika and friends wanted for their adventure, and there was no one else to tell the others no, so they waited en masse, tittering in anticipation.

Hanna, Johnny, and Erik saw their romantic picnic disintegrate in front of their eyes as they approached the mob, but Annika was ecstatic about the opportunity to get to know so many more of her kin!

The ride up to Fort Mackinac was a bit more challenging than yesterday's cruise, but even those with child carriers on their bikes made it with minimal struggles. Annika, who couldn't ride a bike yesterday, was confident enough to offer assistance with the children, and gave encouragement to one of the youngest, least fit bikers who lagged behind.

The youngster took courage and persevered, riding beside her older cousin and chatting so eagerly some of the other teens dropped back to engage with them. As they gathered to begin the guided tour, Annika was surrounded by children and teens, like a momma duck.

The "oldest structure in Michigan and thirteen other historic structures" had been well cared for, and immaculately restored as needed. Sited high on the plateau above the village and harbor, the fort was built by the British during the American Revolutionary War to control the strategic Straits of Mackinac between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, and by extension the fur trade on the Great Lakes. The British did not relinquish the fort until thirteen years after the end of the American Revolutionary War.

Fort Mackinac became the scene of two strategic battles for control of the Great Lakes during the War of 1812. During most of the 19th century, it served as an outpost of the United States Army, but was closed in 1895. The fort has been adapted as a museum on the grounds of Mackinac Island State Park, with guided and self-guided tours, and interactive displays and demonstrations. Those included a medical dispensary, and a kitchen (mess) with samples of hardtack and water crackers.

The cannon blasted, the rifles fired, the soldiers marched, and Revolutionary War history came alive for the Olsson svear (kinsmen/tribesmen), while looking out over the village, harbor, and Straits of Mackinac. The adults were moved and the kids were delighted.

Erik hadn't been closer than fifteen feet to Annika since their tour began, due to her entourage; but now she instructed them to ride with their families for safety, and biked close to him as they made their way to British Landing. The combination of excitement and contentment on her beautiful face made him smile, and feel hopeful about her true character.

No guides at British Landing, but Carl's knowledge of the history of this site was eagerly shared with the larger group. "British Landing is about two miles northwest of the island's downtown and harbor. It is the site of a War of 1812 amphibious operation on July 16-17, 1812, by a joint force of the British Army and their allies among the Native Americans and indigenous people of Canada. The operation led directly to the surrender of Fort Mackinac by the U.S. Army. As they taught us at the fort, this time the British maintained control of the island for only a short time before the peace treaty was signed and they withdrew."

Other than a few memorials, there wasn't much to see, but there were big trees and thick grass: a perfect place to picnic. Mixed family groups sat together and shared what they brought, and Annika was bombarded by questions from her distant relatives wanting to know all about the life of a supermodel.