Longwood Second Hunt Day 13-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"Powerful good shooting, got the right man?" Dan shrug.

"No tell yet, got poster and can check, yell of name and marshal get shot at so take them all down. Mexican and two Mohawk in group of eight what we been hunting at least. Need to go through affects, they rob a town five town back and like as not most of the money remain. Janet here been shot again so if you got a doc we be needing one." Sparks thought on marshal been shot so look over at Dan.

"Dan did the marshal get a seeing to on wound?"

"He did, saw a doc while we did store town afore Jane join up. Doc pull bullet and bandage him up, kept sling since best to not move arm around for a long spell."

"Well Janet if you come with me I'll take you to doc. Can leave the identifying to deputy and undertaker for the moment." Nod and head toward him then well reckon should ask.

"We can leave dead here?" Dan and the sheriff nod to that.

"Anymore all it take is a sheriff to swear that the bounty is dead when call for dead." Dan nods along then open mouth.

"Janet I reckon we can take train soon as go right way to get home faster. Can just send a runner with bank money or take with us to do one from our stop off the transcontinental."

Beam at Dan, be nice to get back to Balik and have house built. Sheriff lead me off toward doc with pinto following. He even gets up close enough to nudge at so reach in pocket and give up licorice. Reckon no harm in so pull one out for me and offer one to sheriff.

"Is that a sweet licorice?' Shake head.

"No like the sweet, reckon will when have daughter within but otherwise stay away from sweet. Make hard since Dan like sweet and married him, promise to cook round eye for him." Sheriff snort and takes offered licorice.

"No care for sweet licorice, rather like eating sugar." Nod to that one.

"No like any sweet, though found like chocolate. Course chocolate not exactly sweet but make me feel right." Sheriff snorts then we at doctor's office.

Like this town, they have a regular old doctor here. Course we do as well, though our doctor has special interest in private parts of a gal. This doctor is a doctor and not for the private parts. Had him laughing when talked about Mr. Gladstone. Course then has me groaning and cursing, cleansing the wound hurts.

Get handed some whiskey and told to drink so sigh and down me some more whiskey. Down a swallow, then a second, followed by third and pass right on out. Get to wake up on a bed, no silk sheets this time, only cause doctor's office still. Dan collect me and off to hotel so curse him out for leaving me to the doc and being fed whiskey.

Now head hurt and dislike doing the whiskey thing. Granted partly my own fool fault for not keeping an eye on behind when alone. Still not nice to be subjected to, course I quiet right on down when we get to our room and have silk sheets. Stay there for a day to let train turn round and go right way.

Would like to say get to stay in bed given out roll after roll to Dan. Did not do this, we stop to get vittles at a eatery and the hotel itself. Even get to go learn how to make bread. So in a way not good time at town, and yet was a good time at town. Learn bread right afore we get on train so have a fresh loaf of bread.

Make Dan take the first ever bite of my bread. Dan chuckle bout that and so do most of the folks on train with but he take bite and smile. Pass around to rest of group with and one slice to a sweet little gal wanting to have injun bread. Conversation made me laugh and she know just regular bread but still want injun bread to tell friends about.

Her ma was laughing along then gushes about me being Cherokee Janet. Seem she decide on being mail order bride account of advertise with me on the flyer. Course her husband is a right proper man so she is plum giddy about signing up for it. Honest sound right proper that gals find the right husband by going outside of town.

Sergeant get to read out one of our adventures on the ride up to the transcontinental rail. Does another as we ride on that rail to get back to our town. Well not quite the right town, just the right town to catch the train to Longwood. Do stop to buy more packs of the novels on me and Dan. Sergeant insisted and had looted the pockets for enough coin.

Finally on the right train we make good time, Gus being the engineer again promised to get us there faster. Arrive in Longwood a bit early, sun only been up a short spell. Usual train arrive here just a little after morning vittles. Have to admit the train going all night isn't all bad, regular stop time mean folk in the town get used to.

Course in this instance get surprised by the train coming to town. Most of the town it seem is here to see us arrive. Chad being over in the usual spot wearing a hat and frown. Bonita is there with Sally, and Gwen of all people. Course the part that pulls my attention, Bonita has two baskets, one for Balik.

Tear on out of the train leaving most everything aside Winchester behind. Check on Balik to find awake and reaching so pull him right on out. Set down Winchester afore pick him up so when he decide want milk can pull shirt up easy. He fasten to one breast right away and honest, feel right again.

"Janet how are you doing?" Look over at Gwen and smile.

"Feeling right now, feeding my Balik again." Gwen smiles then Sally snorts.

"Dan sent a telegraph saying you demand a house. Well figured on telling you personal, we have team coming with the wood and everything already. Ordered up a sheriff house bout a week after you left." Beam at Sally then frown, been gone bit over two weeks so house should be being built.

"Why take so long to get here?"

"Place we order a house from is clear on the coast almost. They had to collect the wood and whatnot get the team together then trek on out. Reckon should be here any time now, they come on the train run south of us." Nod since that all made sense. "Dan your folks are here." Stare at Sally a moment then bounce since not met me folks yet, Dan snorts and puts arms around.

"Stop bouncing Janet, Balik spits up when you do that."

"Dan would rather think he spit up cause it was first time you burped him." Breast feeling a little toward empty I roll Balik over and bare that breast.

"Would burp him more if you took him out and about so I got to see him aside when come to bed." Look up at Dan then kick him.

"He has not been mobile yet, no reason to cart a babe all over when not mobile and not doing much of anything." Bonita giggles.

"He has been a little mobile, been rolling over now." Beam bout that, also little sad since miss but can see first steps still.

"Dan when come to Balik being large enough to be doing first steps, we are not going anywhere." Sally and Bonita giggle while Dan nods and shrugs.

"Sounds like a perfectly fine idea. Do want to see that, I mean first son first steps hard on a fella to miss that happening."

Shouting gets us to turn and look, sergeant standing there with hang dog expression while little wisp of a fiery hair gal is yelling at him. Look up at Dan to get grin and nod so head that way with Balik. She going on about how she is sure he had him a string of gals while going off on some fool ride.

Get up to them and step up next to sergeant to get her to look. Eyes get wide when notice Balik still feeding. I realize she is only a little taller than I, not even really enough to worry about so like her already, still doing joke.

"Sergeant may as well let her meet your son." Both are gawking at me now.

"Son?" More or less ask at same time so grinning.

"Sergeant put son in me on second day of hunt." Her eyes get bigger then understanding dawns and she is laughing

"You must be Janet, I am Sarah." Balik has finished so can move him about to burp and shake her hand first.

"I am Janet, sergeant was loyal to you the whole time honest. Hard to wake but otherwise a right proper soldier. Figure should ask on if you would go along on hunts with him. He always go after missing Apache and seem to be the man we get for bounty as well. Always take along gals to give rolls to the fellas we take, aside sergeant. Reckon if you no come we can have captain give a different." Sarah smiles then looks up at sergeant and back to me.

"What goes along as a gal on the hunt?"

"Well vittles is what you do and give rolls. Just about the only gal that has to shoot is me though every time we find a gal to do some shooting with. Twice now we find a gal that want rifle and shoots at bandits."

"Well can give it a try once, no promises on like or not though us cavalry wives have to learn how to handle a horse. Mind if I give him a hold?" I smile and hand a sleepy Balik over.

"Sorry took so long to meet you, book say every morning and having Balik to care for. Just never seem to have the time and you never come visit, more than drink in the saloon." Sarah snorts.

"Not go for gals either." I shake my head and giggle.

"Not been a whore for a spell, gonna take it up again though not for gals either. Meant we have gambling, you hold his coin so reckon you have enough to do a little if'n you want. Also have the book say and if naught else we can sit at a table and talk. Reckon the next few gonna be on me and Dan, found a pack of novels on so bought a full set. Sergeant insisted on two more for the fort and Apache to read." Sarah is smiling then giggles.

"Have to hold on to his coin, if he just holds on I'd never get to buy anything I want since it all goes down his gullet." I am giggling now and sergeant tosses up his hands.

"Oi Sarah me better than that and you knows it." Sarah grins then kicks him.

"The boy is asleep so be quiet. I reckon I shall come over, the books have to order so be nice to have new books to hear." Smile and kick sergeant.

"For not telling her bout book say in the morning. Also Dan and me talked some on state of Longwood, going see about getting book store. Getting ice machines and Chun will do eatery with Amanda, feature ice cream and other things. Bank is going to be ordered and if town listen a gun store. Be nice to see all the gun out there to use, reckon some shotgun be good to have for us deputies and sheriff."

"Not sure I like the gun store idea, ammo and knives a good chunk of sales." Look up at Andrew and smile.

"Well no reason have to stop selling ammo or that gun store does. Asides clearing out gun section gives you more room, you always saying you need more." Dan comes over wraps me up in arms.

"Asides Andrew, you can open up gun store and you or Claire mind it." Andrew ponders that for a moment then smiles.

"Reckon that is a good idea. Sally you want to help me afford a gun store building?" Sally snorts and nods as she comes over.

"Reckon that would be a fine idea. Sent doc on over to write up a letter asking for a banker and offering spot for a book store. Get that to the newspaper in Kansas City and we can see a person for either in no more than three days. Also happy to be getting my Cherokee whore back, some is better than none and you did sign a new contract." Frown at that then look up at Dan.

"Dan." He looks and nods then shrugs.

"Was afore Balik came out so you would refuse to stop whoring anyway. Did a one year since we are staying and did not think you would take so long to start up again." Twist about to look up at Dan better.

"Is that why you want me to go back to whoring?"

"Well no, want you to go back since you enjoy and smile more. Sally has said she doesn't mind you not whoring, you stay in the saloon and mind it anyway, mostly what she wanted."

"You made me money as well, you were a popular whore." Sarah is giggling and well I join her this is a funny speak.

"Sarah you may know this better, any soldiers in either fort looking to have a gal and be a marshal?" Sarah frowns a short spell then shakes head.

"Not that I met or heard about. Not that we go around asking the young men if they want to go be a marshal with a wife." Shrug and smile.

"Cherokee Jane is wanting to be a marshal wife and go out after bounty with. She no stick to the two we had along so shall try and find a fella for her here, easier than going to see the marshals they got there." Sarah smiles and nods.

"Makes sense, most of the soldiers are able to file for discharge any time they want." Gwen comes over with Jane and my Winchester in hand.

"Janet come on to the saloon we got some talking to do and reckon can have vittles." Smile at Gwen and nod then turn to Sarah.

"You want to come along?" Sarah looks up at sergeant and he shakes his head.

"Need to report in at the fort, probably have to go help do the count as well." Sarah sighs and hands over Balik.

"May come by later but gonna make sure he reports and get a run down of events. Like when he goes out and is a soldier instead of finding bottom of bottle."

Giggle a little as take then head over to the carry for Balik. Bonita and Chad are gone, reckon went to sheriff office or saloon. So we head on over to the saloon and get plenty of waves. Saloon is not terribly full so this is different.

"Not many know you are back yet." Sally says before heading for the kitchen.

"Dan mind Balik, going to go help and learn some." Dan snorts and nods so follow Sally into the kitchen.

Amanda and Isaac bout clear the moon when say want to help and learn. Sally exits giggling so they set me to doing up gravy for biscuits and gravy. This is new so I'm smiling, also doing with sausage. When I ask find out is cause I am not around to catch coney for Amanda to use. Get hug when tell Amanda she can go whore and I'll help Isaac.

So we get the vittles done up enough as Amanda says then cart it out. Chun goes in the kitchen with Amanda, reckon either eat in there or have a roll. Sit next to Dan and look around to realize, no marshals and no Martin. Gwen is here without Martin so odd thing.

"No Martin?" Gwen looks over and shakes her head.

"Martin wanted to come along but been a slew of bounty so he is the last marshal in town. Honest Jane here will be given bounty with a man or not, though would get a man. We don't do it alone anymore, you and Dan doing the tough bounties with two, the marshal figure can do the same. Not that any of us believe that, though Martin and I get to do bounties just us." Nod and smile.

"Honest unless gang best to do with two. So reckon you are not mad at Martin, what is the question?" Gwen snorts and grins.

"Martin put me with child so am here to ask on when should stop." Beam at Gwen and Sally is beaming as well.

"Reckon the last spell when is hard to move and no want anything but sit and vittles." Gwen looks at Dan.

"Janet means the last month or two. Reckon should say that you should take another marshal along so Martin or you don't get nervous about you being shot. We do so well cause of Janet, she not mind a single thing but getting the bounty man alive or dead."

"Dan was lot of mind about needing a roll. Hard to mind of much else, once we get bounty you give roll so what I focus on, finish and get roll." Gwen and Jane are giggling now.

"You never said that to me." Gwen says and Jane nods.

"Reckon would make easier if focus on something aside what happening."

"Jane unless you want to do a little more learning on track head on over to fort and talk to captain. He can assign a man to show you around to the soldiers at this fort and the other to see if like one as a husband." Both just look so sigh and shrug. "Honest what work for me, you both not me so need to find your own thing. Did say that to you Gwen." Gwen nods.

"You did and honest so far not a thing works, I'm all a jumble of nerves during the shootout."

"Gwen am same, also know one thing important, when Great Spirit decide you are at end of circle, you go. No sense thinking on or nothing, just go on out there and do the right." Jane sighs and shakes her head.

"Sounds right, and wrong but still right. God decides all so no point in worrying or nothing the end comes when he wants." Nod and smile.

"Yes exactly, I worry about Dan being shot or one of our horses but not me. If end is here then is nothing to do but make it a good end." Dan sighs and looks up.

"I guess I'm a fool then I worry about us both being shot." Giggle and lean on Dan.

"You are a man, we already discussed. Gals are better." Gwen and Jane are giggling hard, Sally has covered her mouth to not laugh and Dan just swats me on the head.

"Have your vittles then take Jane over to find a man or learn more on tracking."

Giggling still but do grab up the fork and enjoy the vittles. I especially like how the gravy I made. Has a better taste to it simply cause I mixed it all up. Once we finish vittles I leave my Winchester with Dan and take Balik with. So not wanting to be apart from him again, at least for now I'll smother him with attention.

Gwen comes along, I not show her all there is to tracking so I smile at her coming. At first we just walk along then the grass off the path is tall enough can show some things so stop walking.

"Gwen you never ask so no told. Jane did ask so here good spot to cover snow and how to track in plants like this." Both nod and smile then notice Gwen not in pants. "Jane, if you could run out say fifty feet then come back different path." Jane nods and runs out.

"Only wear pants when going out after a bounty." Look over at Gwen and giggle.

"Be glad not deputy, need always ready for fight. Am curious why matter that Martin is last marshal?"

"We need to have a marshal in Kansas City at all times to handle prisoner transfer and such. Usually have an older man who handles this but he took some personal time." Nod and smile.

"Zalman yes I know him. Hope he is feeling fine." Jane gets back to us so I lead us over to the track she left with the run.

"Now see, you have the feet prints, and the grass here is bent."

Jane and Gwen had leaned over to see better and are nodding. The prints are a good length from the running though not wide enough. Here and there are bent and some broken grass blades.

"Already tell Jane this but when after bounty in snow, if track is fresh. If know when last snow come then you know how old trail is at oldest." Gwen nods and smiles.

"You taught Martin that and he shared." Smile in return.

"Good he remember, according to Martin they teach new marshal but not seem to teach well since they keep asking." Gwen snorts and giggles.

"Honest this one we only had the two left. I would have gone with Martin to get you and Dan just wasn't sure if should since with child." Snort and reach over to swat Gwen on the head.

"With child only mean with child. Not do much aside make eat more for a spell." Jane's mouth falls open for short spell.

"You didn't want to exit out the top in the morning?" Shake head confused by this.

"No why would I do that without bad vittles?" Jane snorts and shakes her head.

"Well now I wish I actually am a Cherokee. Have a brother, he is six years younger, remember Ma making vittles in the morning then needing a pale. Went on for a spell then she needed more vittles." Gwen sighs and looks a little pale.

"Did not know that, sent a letter off to my folks last week, take another few days to get an answer."

"Gwen when come time to let babe out, make sure have thick stick to bite." Gwen turns paler and whimpers.

Grinning a little since after is worth I look back at track and move us over a little to show something.

"Now see this, this is print of runner. Not always need know this but good if trying to figure out what happen. When a person run the print get longer, not cause feet do, they push back so extends print."

"Oh this is new, Martin did not tell me about this."

"Martin not matter much, he track after bounty. Unless he is after gang then no need to know. Also when run in not snow feet will tear up dirt so leave little hole and send chunk fly. Horse do same, the shoe grip at dirt rather well so always leave bits laying about when go at anything faster than plod." Jane nods.

emap
emap
237 Followers