Loosening Up Bk. 11 Ch. 06-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lars, Alan, and Jaxon followed with kind comments to Dave. He didn't see Ben or Neo, but they might have used a different exit from the stage.

Robby Nixx, Dave's band leader, came to the back edge of the stage and locked eyes with Dave as they'd planned. He held up one finger. One minute to go. Knees, please stop knocking together unless they're in sync with the drummer.

Robby disappeared, and a few seconds later, some keyboard music started to rise in volume throughout the arena. One of the electric guitars joined in, almost random chords at first, but then more instruments joined and then the instruments locked together in a single tune. The beat of the drums slowly started to join in, and then the two more guitars started. The fiddle did some seemingly random notes before synching with the others.

Dave thought, 'Five, four, three, two, one, zero.' He launched himself through the curtains into the wide alley way between the side seats that would take him to the stairs leading up onto the stage. A spotlight picked him up immediately, and he saw his image on the large television screens overhead that would give the crowd the illusion of being closer to him than they actually were.

Cheers and screams rose from the crowd. Dave grinned and waved enthusiastically as he strode down the aisle, exuding the utmost in confidence and swagger to everyone in the crowd.

He stopped by an elderly couple sitting in aisle seats. The woman was about ninety and on the aisle. Dave held her hands and kissed her cheek. Everyone cheered and she smiled and said 'Thank you'.

He bounded up on the stage as Robby dropped his arm and the instruments all came in with the opening bars ofTexas Dawn, the song that he and Ashley had ridden in the number one country music slot for over four months. The crowd went wild and then calmed.

Smooth as silk, Dave's baritone voice drifted out over the amplifiers to the crowd. The music was dreamy and the kind you could get lost in as the romantic lyrics floated past. Many in the audience sang along.

The VIP pit right in front of the stage was filled with mostly young women. They all swooned as they looked up adoringly at Dave singing the romantic love song. Dave locked eyes periodically with one of the pretty girls near the stage. Everyone thought the song was directed at her the way his eyes caressed each one of them. Once in a while they'd all raise their arms and start doing a floating wave. A few were holding their cellphones aloft trying to record the scene.

The song wove through the complex verses with a few members in the band taking romantic solos with their instruments. The band and backup singers finally came together for the last verse of the song:

,

So Darlin' let me wake with you

For all your Texas dawns;

I promise that I'll love you

... forever ... love you forever.

The applause rose like thunder honoring the god of music. As the noise waned Dave held his hand up; he yelled, "HELLO, OKLAHOMA." There were more cheers and yelling.

Signs started to appear in the audience here and there. Some made him laugh. "I want to have your baby." "I love you like no other can." "Can I be one of your wives?" "Love you forever." "I'm polyamorous. Let's get together."

Dave said a few words about how glad he was to be in Oklahoma City performing for everybody. He appreciated their enthusiasm and hoped they felt well entertained by the end of the evening.

Robbie struck up the chords for the next song, a jazzy cover of the Rascal Flatts song,Life Is A Highway. Because of the up tempo of the song, more of the band were able to get some solo riffs during the number. Dave went and danced with Ally, one of the backup singers, even doing a two-step around the stage with her.

Dave exchanged some more easy banter with the audience of eighteen-thousand fans. He commented favorably on a few of the signs, and even made a few humorous comments about his lifestyle and extended family. At one point he commented about being in the delivery room when three women he loved had his baby -- two a month earlier, and one two weeks earlier.

He talked about Ashley more, as well; telling how she was doing with the new baby and how both he and Kyle were happy playing the daddy role with both Kendall and baby Priscilla. Between two other songs he even gave a plug for the television show named The Circle.

Towards the end of the first set he had Ally come up and join him. She wasn't expecting the call forward, but joined him for three songs, although he kept the lead:Loving More Than One, My Baby's Sexy, andOur Love Is Like Fireworks.

As they sang, Dave realized that he wanted some songs that were uniquely his. It wasn't that he minded singing 'covers', it was just that he didn't really feel ownership for any of the songs. He hoped he hadn't been flat or unemotional on any of the songs. Ally certainly outdid herself when she'd come forward and joined him. She did very well. He'd do this often with her.

Dave was amazed at how calm he was when he announced the intermission. The band, singers, and Dave all went back to the green room. There were a few modest appetizers there and lots of choices for drinks. A pretty young girl was also there to oversee the refreshments and be sure to replenish anything that was running low.

Dave started the second set withGirls Like You, a cover of a song Jason Aldean ran into the Top 100.

As he sang and moved around the stage, he became acutely aware of a gorgeous blonde in the front row of the pit. The mid-twenties beauty couldn't take her eyes off of Dave, and also seemed to be mouthing the words to every song. He'd seen her in the first set, but she somehow seemed prettier on second look.

As that song ended, he gestured to one of the security bouncers at the side of the stage. The man smiled after Dave talked to him, and then waded into the pit. Meanwhile, Dave pointed at the girl; his antics being televised on the big overhead screens. The security guy took her hand and led her to the stairs to the stage that he'd been guarding and urged her up onto the stage and towards Dave.

The pretty blonde was shy and reluctant, but moved out to center stage where Dave was gesturing to her.

"Hello, darlin'. What's your name?"

"I'm Shiloh Gentry. I'm from Tulsa."

At the mention of Tulsa, there were many cheers from the audience.

Dave held her hand, and said, "I have some love songs to sing, and I'd like to sing them especially to you."

Shiloh swooned and the audience laughed. She said, "I may not survive. I love you already. This may put me over the top."

Dave gestured to Robby and he struck up the band so he could singCrazy Beautiful to Shiloh. She took it in stride and looked adoringly at him for the entire song. She seemed to be studying every facet of his upper body.

The band segued right intoHotter Than a Pepper Sprout. Dave expected to sing most of the song alone or have Ally come up and join him. He was surprised when Shiloh began to sing along with him. She clearly had the song and its nuances memorized. He kept her up there and gestured many times to her as the audience even sang along. There was a good round of applause for Shiloh when the song was over.

Dave leaned in and said, "Do you knowWhiskey Lullaby?"

"Yes, but you start."

"Are you professional?"

"Oh, God no. I just love country music. Your music. You!"

Ricardo stepped forward to play the opening strings to the song. Dave started singing holding Shiloh at arm's length. He wandered the stage a little and she stayed put. He moved close to her to prompt her when her part of the song would start. He could see her gearing up to sing, taking deep breaths. She was as anxious about starting as he'd been before he got on the stage. There were only eighteen thousand people watching.

Shiloh sang flawlessly as he watched, standing ready to cue her with the lyrics. He never had to. He joined in towards the end of the song and they sang the song to conclusion. The audience was spell bound and then erupted in applause.

Dave told the audience, "Shiloh Gentry is no shill. I never saw her until tonight when she was dancing and singing along in front of me." He gestured at the pit. "I can tell you that I love her singing and want to hear more of it. How about you?"

Huge round of applause and cheers. Shiloh blushed.

Dave and Shiloh sang another duet and then he got a chair and put it at the edge of the stage. Shiloh sat and watched the rest of the show from there until the ending song when Dave gestured her up to sing with him again. He also brought up Ally, Bart, and Mike -- the backup singers.

The five of them and the band started singingYou're the Reason God Made Oklahoma. The whole audience rose together and sang along at the top of their lungs. The sound of eighteen thousand voices was astounding. At the end of the song there was thunderous applause. Everyone took bows, and Dave made sure that Shiloh took hers.

Dave led about half the group off stage and into the rear hallway. They were led back to the green room as a few of the other band members started to pack up their instruments and equipment. A few band members took breaks and then went back to help fold up everything they'd brought for the concert.

Dave sat with Shiloh. She was agog with everything going on around her -- the band, the hors d'oeuvres that had been brought in, the flow of people in and out of the room. The large room was like a busy airport at rush hour.

Dave got her attention. "You can sing. I mean, really, you are very good -- recording quality good. Are you sure you've never done anything like this?"

"No. I'm studying to be a physician's assistant or PA. Tonight was the first time that I'd ever sung in public. I just sing along with the radio sometimes -- mostly in the car. I like to memorize the songs I like, too."

Dave said, "I would like to introduce you to my agent Kyle Hanks."

"He's married to Ashley, right?"

"Yes. He's also a Circle member. Do you know what that means?"

"Kind of. I've watched the TV show and I read Cricket's book. I know that you're polyamorous. I saw some signs about that in the audience, too. Women really want to have your baby? I think I'm one of them."

"I've never called anybody's bluff on that account. Yes, I'm polyamorous. What do you think about that?" He was laughing.

"I like the way Cricket put it in her book. Monogamy is not the only option when it comes to relationships. There are other arrangements. There are various kinds of polyamory, too. She listed a lot of them. I like that there are more options. If my parents had thought that way, maybe I'd still have a family instead of a whole lot of fractured relationships and divorces in the background."

"You married?" Dave asked.

"Nope. Never. Not even a boyfriend, although I'm not averse to idea. The guys at grad school just don't do it for me. I do get hit on, but I usually politely turn them down. I'm sure some of them think I'm a lesbian. I'm not, but the idea doesn't turn me off."

Dave pulled out his cellphone and called Kyle. Marina answered. They were back in Nashville after having been in Sarasota seeing Ashley and the baby. When Kyle came on Dave filled him in on what had happened.

Kyle talked to Shiloh Gentry for ten minutes after listening to Dave accolades about her singing, and then a private conversation with Robby Nixx to get some independent validation.

As they were waiting for Robby to finish with Kyle, Ally came up to Dave. She plastered her body against his from toe to lips. "I love you," she said.

"Because?" Dave probed.

"Because you let me be in the spotlight with you for THREE songs. I feel like tonight is my big break in music."

"Well, you know you have my vote."

Ally turned to Shiloh, "And you. You have the voice of an angel. I could listen to you for hours. Consider yourself discovered. You'll never get away from this bunch now," she laughed and gestured to the rest of the band and room with groupies hanging around.

As Ally walked away, Dave asked Shiloh, "Are you alone? Do you need to tell somebody where you are?"

"Oh, dear. Yes. My housemate, Pippa." She pulled her cellphone from her back pocket of her snug jeans and made a call. Dave said a few words to her, talked to the security guard, and five minutes later another young woman joined them in the green room -- Pippa.

Shiloh introduced Pippa, and the three had a brief conversation. Dave invited them to an after party back at the hotel."

"Will it be wild?" Pippa asked as Shiloh listened intently.

Dave chuckled, "I'm not sure what wild is in your book. There will be dinner and drinks in the suite buffet style. You can have anything. A few of us get a little romantic, but you can go off on your own and avoid that if you want. Nobody wants to see you do something you'll regret in the morning."

Pippa sighed. "God, I'd stay and party, but I have to work at the Tulsa Free Clinic starting at six a.m." She turned to Shiloh, "You stay and party. You can catch the bus home tomorrow."

Shiloh explained, "She's in the same program to become a PA that I am."

Dave said, "I can fly you home to Tulsa in the morning. I'm flying back to Sarasota. I won't be drinking tonight, as a result."

"So, no drunken orgies?" Shiloh speculated with a laugh.

"Unless you create one with some of the band members. We're all staying at the Marriott just across the street from here. It's convenient. We can find you a place to stay on our nickel or you can crash on a sofa in our suite. I'm not sure what will happen. In confess to this being my first solo concert. I've been with Ashley and company otherwise."

Shiloh thought and said, "Then, yes, I'm staying. I've always wondered what it was like to be a groupie. This is my one chance."

Pippa said, "Well, I'm going to head home to Tulsa, but before I go could I get some pictures with you? Selfies?"

Five minutes of picture taking started. Mick, the drummer, helped out by taking photos of the various combinations and poses that the two girls wanted. Pippa's favorite pose was in Dave's lap as they kissed. Shiloh rather favored that pose, too.

Dave glanced at his watch when Pippa left. She'd get home about one a.m. and then have to be at work at six. Ughhh.

Once they were alone a steady stream of band members came up to Shiloh and told her how well she'd done. She blushed every time. Shiloh thanked each of them.

Dave asked, "Hey, you never told me what Kyle told you. What'd he say?"

"I guess your recommendations helped. He's flying me to Nashville in two weeks to audition and do some demo discs, he called them."

"That's fabulous."

"It's more fabulous than that. I'll have a live band of five or six guys, and I get paid for showing up."

"That's Kyle. He will always treat you right. He's got a reputation around Nashville as the best agent and one to always give you the best deal. If you don't use him, please check with me before you sign with anybody else. I can get the low down on about any of them from several different viewpoints." Dave thought of Ashley and Marina, plus the band members.

"Are you willing to be my mentor if I really get into this? You seem to know what you're doing."

Dave burst out laughing. "I'm fooling everybody then. Ashley is my mentor. She sucked me into this as I was between jobs. I was looking for a new focus in my life and she found it for me. And, yes, to the extent I can I will help you or find others than can."

I can tell you one thing, and that's that I'd love to have you appear on stage with me again and again. I thought we made a good team. We will be in touch with each other, and I'll also be talking to Kyle about you and how to help you launch.

"Speaking of that, you can expect when you get home to Tulsa that some reporters will be sniffing around your front door wanting an interview. You're new blood for them to write about based on what happened tonight. You might think about how to handle that ahead of time. By that I mean how much are you willing to reveal about yourself, how you think about life, and what your aspirations are."

As Dave and Shiloh sat and talked, Ricardo moved around the suite's living room turning off lights or dimming them to create a romantic environment. A couple of people were already making out. Dave spotted at least one or two groupies that the band had collected on the way back to the hotel.

Shiloh watched the atmosphere in the room change with a look of pure fascination and curiosity. Even when René, Floyd's wife, removed her band t-shirt so she was topless, Shiloh didn't blink an eye. René moved back into Jack's arms and pushed a breast into his mouth.

Shiloh said, "I see her wedding rings. Are she and her husband like that all the time?"

Dave chuckled, "That's not her husband. He's over there with the brunette."

Chapter 8 -- Shiloh

Dave pulled Shiloh into his lap as they sat and watched the others in the room start their matings. Dave said, "I don't want to come on too strong, but things are going to heat up around here -- romantically. I'd like to help make the rest of your evening romantic, too."

"Oh, good. I like you, too." Shiloh said as she looked deep into his eyes.

"Errr, do you have any paper?"

Shiloh pulled her cellphone out of her back pocket and Dave fielded his. In seconds they each reviewed a recent health check of the other. They could move on to more advanced topics.

The room got dimmer and darker as lights were eliminated to only one in a far corner. Where there had been no couples a few minutes earlier, the group had formed couples and one threesome. All of them had started to make out, and all were characterized by lots of wandering hands.

Robby Nixx, the band leader, stood with Paula Brooks, one of the percussionists. They took turns slowly stripping their clothing away, at first above the waist, and then after some very serious kissing and fondling, below the waist until they were naked. They took over a sofa.

Floyd had coupled with Ally, and they were half nude in seconds, and naked after a few more minutes.

Shiloh observed in a whisper, "This must be just like the Circle, at least according to Cricket's book. Is everyone a member?" Her eyes darted around the room at the happy couplings.

Dave also glanced around the room and took stock, "Actually, I'm the only official Circle member here. Most of the others are from Nashville and they've kind of created their own type of Circle. They also don't live together the way most of us in the Circle do. The few groupies they collected on the way back here from the arena are just here for the fun, I assume."

"Am I a groupie?"

"Not unless you want to be. In the long run, I'd like to see you come and stay with us in the Circle. I think there's something more serious brewing between us, and I sense you like our philosophy about life and loving. You could see whether you like the Circle atmosphere and activities, and evaluate whether you'd like to fit in."

"I'd have to become a pledge and then get elected into the Circle?" Shiloh posed.

Dave explained briefly, "The pledge period is more for you than us. You've read Cricket's book, so you know philosophically all of the values and traits about our culture and about each other. You need to see whether you'd want to live the way we do. I can tell you up front that the open sex -- consensual non-monogamy -- is one of the barriers for some people."

Shiloh nodded and then the two of them kissed, and then kissed some more. She put Dave's had atop one of her modest breasts and he kneaded the area through her t-shirt and bra.