All Comments on 'Lost at Sea'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Finally some closure in the ending. Well written story. LM

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

Very well done indeed.

mainer42mainer429 months ago

love the way you tell a tale

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Insurance payments are not taxable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Leaving aside all the quibbles & quibblers most of whom do not understand what fiction is, it is great and apprecaited story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Surprised. What a caper for greed.

How to teach kids values that are personally hypocritical. Lucky this country is big enough to start over.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt6 months ago

Great story and storyline. Well told, fun, even sexy, ... 2nd chapter? Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story! Sad the path his 1st wife took. It would have been nice to have a more complete ending regarding his 2nd.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very sweet Romance!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice story...but I have to mention one glaring hole in the story of the "dead" wife...who crashed the plane?

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A nice story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Again another disappointing half story by this author.

So saccharine it feels like mills and boon and makes me want to puke. The likelihood of a random agent falling in love with a clueless douchebag is next to zero. Far far less is the likelihood of a woman falling in love with a fraudster and faking their deaths.

Its strange that (a) Collier was such a scumbag that he left his wife broke, and this raised a red flag. And (b) that the fraud wasn' quickly discovered and their deaths treated as suspicious.

Its a shame that Collier didn't shoot the MC and in turn be shot and killed by the agents. It's also a shame that there was no final conversation between the ex and the MC.

/

As it happens not everyone is good with faking their own deaths and disappearing, especially when it means abandoning their wider family and children. It takes a certain skill set and mental outlook, one I doubt many mothers have. But then, what kind of master criminal does all that and then stays not only in the country of origin but also in the state/area/city closest to the site of their disappearance. Sry, but everyone knows that you'd need to get to Belize at the very least and staying behind is just asking for trouble, especially once the scale of the fraud becomes known.

Funny thing is, while it can be easy to blatantly steal money, spending it without attracting attention is often very problematic, especially for the non career criminal.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You can tell this author is old by the names they use for his characters.

Most of their stories follow the standard TV format of random characters meet up for whatever random reason and end up falling in love and living happily ever after. It to mention the excessive 1950s moral vibe.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another anonymous comment from a person who failed Reading 101: The pilot wife and her lover crash landed the plane close to the zodiac. Read page four.

Micawat2pMicawat2p3 months ago

I thought it was great! I am a sucker for these types of stories and I enjoyed it very much. I'll be reading more of your works. I like the format of your stories and it is nice to get done reading the ones I have rest that leave me feeling good.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

This was a pretty good one. It kept me guessing at the start if Frank had caught Meredith cheating and downed the plane himself as revenge, or if she had actually died and we were just going to have a story about dealing with discovering the infidelity after the fact, or as it turned out - the entire thing was faked.

<>

Also, considering Frank had a legal death certificate that was not obtained under fraud by him, he wouldn't have had to pay back a red cent. It's kind of like when you have a terminal disease and you can cash out your life insurance, but somehow don't die. You don't have to pay it back either, because you had a terminal diagnosis. Just an FYI.

SorchakSorchakabout 2 months ago

Minus a star, as always, for the name screw-up: "So the whole thing was just a way to steal a bunch of money and abandon your family?" John asked bitterly." Nope, that shoulda been Frank asking the bitter question.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Abrupt end cost you 2 stars. Almost all of your stories I have read have major mistakes.

nogravynogravy22 days ago

Good, well-imagined story even though it, unlike so many of this author's other stories, seemed to fall off a cliff a the end. Still entertaining and a good read.

Schwanze1Schwanze114 days ago

Page 2

Hey stay at home moms and dads with high earning spouses. You can make a lot of money buying renting and selling single family home. Use the spouses W2 income to qualify. First get a mentor. Work through the available podcasts. You should be able to figure out who is real by how long they have been around. Don't just sit there and do nothing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous