All Comments on 'Lost at Sea'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments
Schwanze1Schwanze114 days ago

Page 2

Hey stay at home moms and dads with high earning spouses. You can make a lot of money buying renting and selling single family home. Use the spouses W2 income to qualify. First get a mentor. Work through the available podcasts. You should be able to figure out who is real by how long they have been around. Don't just sit there and do nothing.

nogravynogravy22 days ago

Good, well-imagined story even though it, unlike so many of this author's other stories, seemed to fall off a cliff a the end. Still entertaining and a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Abrupt end cost you 2 stars. Almost all of your stories I have read have major mistakes.

SorchakSorchakabout 2 months ago

Minus a star, as always, for the name screw-up: "So the whole thing was just a way to steal a bunch of money and abandon your family?" John asked bitterly." Nope, that shoulda been Frank asking the bitter question.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

This was a pretty good one. It kept me guessing at the start if Frank had caught Meredith cheating and downed the plane himself as revenge, or if she had actually died and we were just going to have a story about dealing with discovering the infidelity after the fact, or as it turned out - the entire thing was faked.

<>

Also, considering Frank had a legal death certificate that was not obtained under fraud by him, he wouldn't have had to pay back a red cent. It's kind of like when you have a terminal disease and you can cash out your life insurance, but somehow don't die. You don't have to pay it back either, because you had a terminal diagnosis. Just an FYI.

Micawat2pMicawat2p3 months ago

I thought it was great! I am a sucker for these types of stories and I enjoyed it very much. I'll be reading more of your works. I like the format of your stories and it is nice to get done reading the ones I have rest that leave me feeling good.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another anonymous comment from a person who failed Reading 101: The pilot wife and her lover crash landed the plane close to the zodiac. Read page four.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You can tell this author is old by the names they use for his characters.

Most of their stories follow the standard TV format of random characters meet up for whatever random reason and end up falling in love and living happily ever after. It to mention the excessive 1950s moral vibe.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Again another disappointing half story by this author.

So saccharine it feels like mills and boon and makes me want to puke. The likelihood of a random agent falling in love with a clueless douchebag is next to zero. Far far less is the likelihood of a woman falling in love with a fraudster and faking their deaths.

Its strange that (a) Collier was such a scumbag that he left his wife broke, and this raised a red flag. And (b) that the fraud wasn' quickly discovered and their deaths treated as suspicious.

Its a shame that Collier didn't shoot the MC and in turn be shot and killed by the agents. It's also a shame that there was no final conversation between the ex and the MC.

/

As it happens not everyone is good with faking their own deaths and disappearing, especially when it means abandoning their wider family and children. It takes a certain skill set and mental outlook, one I doubt many mothers have. But then, what kind of master criminal does all that and then stays not only in the country of origin but also in the state/area/city closest to the site of their disappearance. Sry, but everyone knows that you'd need to get to Belize at the very least and staying behind is just asking for trouble, especially once the scale of the fraud becomes known.

Funny thing is, while it can be easy to blatantly steal money, spending it without attracting attention is often very problematic, especially for the non career criminal.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A nice story.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice story...but I have to mention one glaring hole in the story of the "dead" wife...who crashed the plane?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very sweet Romance!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story! Sad the path his 1st wife took. It would have been nice to have a more complete ending regarding his 2nd.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt6 months ago

Great story and storyline. Well told, fun, even sexy, ... 2nd chapter? Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Surprised. What a caper for greed.

How to teach kids values that are personally hypocritical. Lucky this country is big enough to start over.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Leaving aside all the quibbles & quibblers most of whom do not understand what fiction is, it is great and apprecaited story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Insurance payments are not taxable.

mainer42mainer429 months ago

love the way you tell a tale

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

Very well done indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Finally some closure in the ending. Well written story. LM

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Also, when did the affair begin? Was Celia's promotion a quid-pro-quo? She didn't confess enough!

And as to the rushed ending, Louis Lamour did it every time!!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Some of the comments are a bit harsh.

Quibbles: There was enough information to link Collier and Meredith as lovers. That would lead to them having conspired to disappear. And the rest follows.

And Celia was acting less than "professional". But it's still a very good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely done, but the husband wasn’t the sharpest tack in the box with his solo trip to Florida.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@sbrooks103x,

If you are "rereading", then you well know that Celia was told about Merrys affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a nice guy but a bit of a don't.

Going to Miama to confront the man? Like the guy would just accept getting "a piece of my mind?" What would have gotten, and nearly did was a bullet. This was a very good story save for the MC acting like a teenager.

tarkabukktarkabukkover 1 year ago

Very nice.

Thank you for sharing,

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

This yarn is like the Dallas episode where Bobby Ewing comes back from the dead. An OK read, but could have been better. 4 stars.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Why is it every MC this author writes is fucking passive as a turd and thick as a brick? He's an Aerospace Engineer yet he's broke he's got no idea financially other than fucking buying groceries FFS just quit with the Mr Mom routine already 😝😝😝

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good, enjoyable tale where even the dead come to life. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2-D characters. No clue on motivations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Forgetting the plot twist, how was the husband and children's grief so non existent? Wow. A death of a wife and mother takes years to cope with and only with a lot of support.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Harsh, sad, but creative and suspenseful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such a great build-up ruined by a much too short ending. 2 star

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Used to work in the Town of Palm Beach. I was right with you when you turned left on North Ocean then back left to Lake Worth.

Great story even if a little predictable beast five

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

With the whore and her master gone to jail, divorce sailed through and Frank married his REAL wife and his kids REAL mother. Celia had a husband, and children she loved with all her heart, especially her daughter. Please write another chapter, maybe mom will give them siblings... 10 STARS IS NOT QUITE ENOUGH!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written but a tad predictable. A few more twists and turns might have elevated from the good to the outstanding. Next time perhaps?

LA

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Excellent!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Adding a touch of mystery to the typical cheating wife story in a way that kept our attention. The calling out of the cheating husband/boss set up the story nicely so I was wondering how the affair and money theft was going to be managed without more harm to the kids and the grieving husband. Now I have to print out all your stories so I can keep track of which one to read next.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

A well woven web of deceit is unraveled to wrap up to a satisfactory conclusion. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I agree with the last commenter. At the literotica bar and grill, Evil narcissist bitches always on tap! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Omg! Literotica churns out Narcissist, evil bitches faster than McDonald’s makes hamburgers!

Not sure what he end game was going to be. But pretty sure “ Merry” wasn’t gonna waltz back into their lives. Since she was fucking the boss, it appears they planned to ride off into the sunset together. What does not make sense, is where would they get money? Sure, getting declared dead would let them get away with cooking the books. But wifey left her bonus money in the 401k for her family. So... where was the money?

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A great story. AAAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Akin to the phoenix? If only a myth could somehow come true in real life. Great read, greater talent.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

You did an incredible job developing the character's cast plot incredible twist and entire picture is it unfolded president folded truly a wonderful writing effort. Please keep it up 🤗👍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Good characters and tight story development.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

That was a genuinely good story on all levels. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You packed a lot of story in a few short pages. Your characters were well developed and the plot was tight. The father was believable, as were the kids. Celia was an absolute gem. Well done! Keep on writing.

AvidReader868AvidReader868about 3 years ago

Great story. The one thing that strikes me is that after International Marketing Corporation demanded "their" money back, he didn't drop a lawsuit on them for whatever breaches of the "morality clause", occasioned by his wife being in a sexual relationship with her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UGH!!!

Figured it out as soon as Frank talked to his wife's boss's wife! Read it through only to see if I was right! Why do you authors always make the husband a clueless buffoon????????

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A well written plausible story.

The author drops subtle hints throughout. And as a person who flew charters to the islands, it very well could have happened as described. For a change, the author was technically correct about aircraft, flights and navigation while others have failed miserably ! Author, thank you for a great story where the ending isn't given away on the first page.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Now that was an interesting story. I love how the author brought the Celia character into the family and let her actually become part of it. Then the cloak and dagger part of the story of how Bobbie told his father of his mothers infidelity and then the Facebook inquiry. The trip to Palm Beach and the discovery that his wife was alive almost caused Frank to lose his life, then at the last minute Celia steps in to save the day. Then the happily ever after with Celia made this a please to read. The story was well written and the character development was great. Well done. 5+ stars

BartBaxterBartBaxteralmost 4 years ago
{Point of information}

Life insurance proceeds are not includable in the beneficiaries' gross income. Unlike lottery proceeds, they don't have to be reported.

Good story though.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Good read....

Was a little concerned that there was no future for him and Celia, but they came through in end .The Bear approves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
He knows all the financial information but doesn't know she upped insurance-$-and 401k-$

Holes and other stuff 3 stars

southernreb27southernreb27about 4 years ago
SHOULD HAVE

should hva sued the company for not enforcing rules on employees getting together

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Agree

Agree with09/29/19 about the money being taken back.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Great

Loved this story. Great ending to the wife and her lover.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Excellent

Great story but unfinished, need more on his wife and would be interesting to fill in the 2 years that lapsed before the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
stupid the company wouldnt make much of a fuss about the money

bad publicity to steal from children and a widowed father

especially when it opens them to a lawsuit for doing nothing about his wife fucking a co worker on company time

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 5 years ago
Should be made into at least a series of episodes

Should be made into at least a series of episodes on some law enforcement series.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 5 years ago
But what's the rest of the story

I realize that this comment is being written long after the author wrote the STORY. But I have to ask...why did the wife do it? Was it all about the money? Was she in love with Collier? There's a big hole here that needs to be filled. If the author is still reading these comments, there's lots of room here for Merediths perspective...a whole character to exploit.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
brilliant 5*

don't know how i missed this one. fantastic read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
nancyharpman17

I couldn't have phrased it better. I am not an expert in legal aspects, medical jargon, law enforcement practices or equipment, banking procedures etc. I read fiction because I enjoy them as entertaining. And from that viewpoint, this is a solid 5 star story. Thanks to the writer. To those who criticize, if you think you can do better, please, do. I'd love to read what you write.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
I just didn't like it

It's funny, some people are truly versatile when it comes to character personalities, and when it comes to types and whatever and write a decently varied array of stories. Like, maybe half of PAPATOAD's stories involve violent revenge of various sorts, the other half is a mix of everything else...even a murder-reconciliation. But this author seems to love steamrolling the guy a bit more than writing good stories. I've seen it again and again, out of the frying pan and into the deep fryer.

Getting effectively told to piss off when it comes to the daughters first period? Being literally, no pun intended, pushed out of the way trying to attend to your child on page 1. First, who would dare do that to anyone rather than offer assistance? Not even a, "here, let me handle this please?" If another guy did that, a father, would he not be risking his front teeth and jaw?

And who wouldn't tell such a brazen person they can piss off right back? What the hell, letting a stranger in his daughters pants? 15 minutes alone time? And fucking gauze? What's this, a hospital or British story? Then the pity party for not knowing it was your daughters period when you weren't even allowed to investigate before being pushed out the door? Like a guy can't explain the basics of menstruation and the implications, because his wife isn't there? Like, it wasn't even like the daughter said, "daddy no, I want that pushy woman to tell me about how my privates work." It be more like, "daddy, stop the woman trying to touch me there!"

And then to stay with a person like that, I just don't think so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Clever tale

Well written and entertaining. Made for a good read. Thanks

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago

A good solid story. And once again a Mercenary whore gets what's coming to her. And Frank gets Celia, keeps his family and gets a start on a new life. I call that a win/win in my book. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Life Insurance proceeeds

Tim413, SlipperySaddleBum, and two anons commented on this. Life Insrance proceeds are not taxable income. INTEREST on the 3/4 not immediately paid out IS TAXABLE! While there are some benefits to deferred compensation (as in this case reimbursement since she's NOT DEAD would be smaller since he received less), in most cases it's better to take ALL the money and invest it yourself

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
The end seemed to be a little....

rushed and forced. It felt hurried like you trying to wrap it all up quickly then tie it off with a gaudy bow. Maybe an addendum or epilogue might be in order to fully flesh out the aftermath.... like what happened to Celia's career at GBI, how they all ended up in Washington State besides his new job? Those kind of answers. Just Sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

This is a really good story!

As some posts have said the story was predicted and needed an editor but who cares about any of the negative things. This is a well written, well thought out story that had a couple of minor twists buried within. I enjoyed this story enough that I've marked it so I can easily get to it in the future and reread it whenever I want !!!

GREAT story ! Keep it up !

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
WHEN YOU TRY TO DECEIVE DONT FORGET

when your gone...if your gone,,,,stay gone,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
5* for me

Yes it was predictable

Yes some editing errors (who cares)

Yes i got lost a couple times (so what)

I will read this again

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
names

Anonymous 10/27/17 has things exactly wrong. Frances is female. Francis is generally, but not always, used for males.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@lewdslumdogdo

Going back through early comments noticed lsd needs editor

My understanding has always been

If male it is FrancEs

If female FrancIs

The memory rule was ''i'' for g''i''rl

Writer claims to be male

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
PREDICTABLE.......

You could see everything in this story happening in the first chapter. It would have been nice to see Frank get a non-fatal wound while his loving ex-wife simply stood by before the agents opened fire not killing but permanently paralyzing the asshole.

And then to hear the kids pillory their mom for being a disgusting whore who they would never speak to again would have been nice.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 6 years ago
Great story - 5*

I liked the plot and the character development. Thanks for sharing with us.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 6 years ago
Not one of your best

This story was really plodding and predictable. The characters were too cardboard and there was no real chemistry.... Nice thing is that most of your other stories are much better.

SimepopSimepopalmost 7 years ago
Gun stuf

Not only that, but an earlier reference to her service weapon referred to it as a "revolver" when the GBI's service weapon as stated by the last poster are Glock 9mm, an automatic not a revolver.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

If Matt and anonymous want to get technical about guns, the GBI carry glocks and they are not "snub nose"

But that aside, a creative and suspenseful tale, with even a little romance, Francis

It could have been shorter, sure, but there was not that much irrelevant stuff mixed in.

Well done, an easy 4 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
COMMENTS GIRLS BE NICE

Ooooh the comments bring out the monster in people? Such anger naughty -naughty! It doesn't matter who has a bigger dick you all can play with each other? BUNCH OF KIDS WHO ARE TRYING TO OUT DO EACH OTHER? Fucken grow up? This is a very good story the end was too quick? BUT I LIKE IT OR LICK IT? Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Everything was fine and dandy until the husband decided to be Batman and go NANANANANANANA in Florida by himself. For an aerospace engineer he sure is dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful

Love your stories. I'm reading them chronologically. Keep them comming. C. H. Cook

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

As usual I'm writing these as I go, so some may be over-taken by future events.

"there's always the possibility that you might hear something or find out something that could help us shed light on all this." - Why not tell her about Meredith's affair? Maybe there's some connection.

I wouldn't think that the BULK of the 401K would be based on false earnings.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
Why, look anon! Here is a snub-nosed automatic pistol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohrbaugh_R9

No need to thank me.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
the technical info....

If you're some kind of expert I guess it's easy to pull a story apart.

I have no idea if it's possible to have a boat waiting, crash a small plane, sail away to a new life. This day and age ..... sure, why not.

Fact is for me, I was into this story, I enjoyed it.

I've watched Hollywood movies that had ridiculous sub plots, and still raved about how good that movie was.

It's a work of fiction and I escaped for a wee while .... 5*

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
Since I Can't Write A Better Story Myself

Without reading discoveries by nitpickers, I would never have noticed 'such glaring oversights'. Therefore, to me it was simply a remarkable story. Another I will tuck away in my list of Favorites. Yet another 5-star story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through....

This was a rich story line but seemed a bit rushed. Still five stars. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story!

Except.....

"....pulled a snub-nosed automatic...."

That's like saying I drive a FordChevy.

It's so cute when non-gun guys try and write about them without knowing anything... ;)

smokepolesmokepoleover 8 years ago
damn bean counters

Thanks for an engaging story. The complainers (of which there are too many not contributing their own stories... hint) haven't spent much time wading thru the muck of this site to appreciate a good story when it comes about.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
'SCUSE ME BUT....

You wrote: "The insurance company will pay that out in annual installments," the woman explained. "Otherwise, the taxes would eat you alive!"

Bad line because: THERE ARE NO STATE OR FEDERAL INCOME TAXES ON LIFE INSURANCE POLICY PAYOUTS.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
a few questions that scream for answers

Why didn't anyone check her FB account earlier?

or her email, home and work?

Or her phone records, office, home and cell?

Why did the two thieves choose to live in Florida rather than disappear in the islands?

Why did he go to Florida and knock on the door alone after being cautioned by Celia?

and so many more . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
why do financial crimes get a milder sentence???

compared to violent crimes, financial crimes rob the victims of the potential to lead a meaningful existence, financial crimes are like a slow acting poison on society. from petty theft to grand larceny they fall under violent crimes almost. but financial fraud, embezzlement & money laundering are done in much higher value & affect a wide rage of people involved...

white collar crime, hurts more but, the punishment is certainly not justified, consecutive life sentences would be mild in my opinion

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Fantastic!

Thought i had read most of your catalog, but i missed this one. Great story, great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sbrooks eww!

It's Meredith the mom not the daughter eww sick.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Very Nice!

It was so obvious! Her boss’s wife thought he was having another affair. It was with Lori!

I thought the ending was a little abrupt.

Obviously the life insurance was void, but there would have to be some SERIOUS forensic accounting to determine just how much of the funding was the result of her ill-gotten gains.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 9 years ago
ALT ENDING

Just as John pulled the trigger Meredith jumped in front of Frank and took a bullet through the heart....at the same instant both Barnes and Celia fired mortally wounding Collier! Frank gets the money and the girl....Hooray...we went from a happy ending to a very happy ending!

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
I hope the 12 years was day for day. She deserved all she got.

And should have gotten more for the way she treated her husband and children. Yes, I know it is just a story, at least the author gave the bitch what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wrong

the life insurance made in payments is wrong.life insurance is not taxable.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
no change.

He alluded to her personality in the story. It was always about her, never her family or her husband. . .money and power. ME ME ME ME ME.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous