All Comments on 'Lost Girls Find Life Ch. 01'

by Billyslate

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 3 years ago
Couple of points

At this stage I'll confine myself to a couple of points which will sound critical but are meant to be helpful. First, there are a couple of odd spots where you switched tenses between present and past. Stick to one tense throughout. Next, a lot of the dialogue sounds stiff and unnatural, particularly between Jai and Sarah and to a slightly lesser extent between Jai and '2'. Unless they are exceptionally pedantic, people don't talk to one another that way. Try reading it aloud to yourself as if talking to a friend and I think you'll see what I mean.

And is there a specific reason for Amy's odd nickname of '2'?

dirtyricekingdirtyricekingabout 3 years ago

Was I supposed to get an incest vibe from the story?

AimEnigmaClickAimEnigmaClickabout 3 years ago

I'm sorry Billy! I had no idea you started writing! This was an excellent first story in my opinion!

lilshymynxlilshymynxover 2 years ago

Couldn't get past the exposition overload at the start of the story.

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

First, the timing of events described is very confusing. Sometimes they're 19 years old, sometimes they're graduating with PhDs. It really isn't possible to dig out your intention under these circumstances.

Second, the dialog is very unnatural. It reminds me of conversation with Data on Star Trek NG. The information is there, but it's almost cringy it's so poorly delivered.

These are common hurdles to get over when you first start writing fiction; it is quite different from writing non-fiction or homework. Think through how your reader will perceive and interpret each quote and whether events that are presented together in the text actually go together in the story.

This is the first story of yours I have read, and the first you published here, so none of that is fatal, which is obviously true from your perspective since you've published many stories after this one. And I will keep reading … watching you improve.

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

I forgot to mention that the use of '2' as a name was a bad idea, especially since you introduced her as Amy … and gave no explanation of the pedantic use of '2'. Was it a joke, making fun of Amy? Or at the unknown mother? Or at the adoption system itself? What was the point? Unexplained, it was unnecessarily distracting. Be careful choosing things that seem cute without explanation because readers will focus too much on such idiosyncrasies, distracting them from your story.

Always make sure your choices increase the interest in the story rather than distracting from it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillyslate@Billyslate
Enjoys Life And Life Experiences! 10 APR 2024 Running From Love Pt. 02-Will release to LIT this week Running From Love Pt. 03-Conclusion to release to LIT in early MAY 2024 16 MAR 2024 My lesbian stories are strictly Vanilla Romances, so there are no bar pick-ups or casual...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES