Lost Girls Find Life Ch. 03

Story Info
Young Girls Find Peace And True Love.
11.6k words
4.6
4.5k
5

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 03/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CH. 03 -- HOME TO LIFE

Prologue:

This is CH. 03 of my first erotic story and Literotica submission. I continue being indebted to Candy_Kane54 for providing editing, style advice, and general encouragement for my writing "Lost Girls Find Life."

Our story portrays "Love of Life and Lesbian Romance," however it is not an actual sex story. There will be sex in some chapters. Remember the girls' closing statement in CH. 01, which was "When Absolute Love Arrives," sex is certain to follow!

NOW IN NORTHERN FLORIDA:

Jai, '2', Pam, and Jenny have returned home from their New England graduation and vacation travels.

Jai has accepted a two-year consulting contract revamping the Northern Florida region's Foster Care Program and Juvenile Detention Center System (JDC). In this critical project, she reports directly to the State of Florida's Chief of Staff.

'2; was named a Junior Partner in the second most prestigious law firm in Florida. The firm primarily handles corporate accounts for several major companies. '2's' contract allows her to freely represent abandoned and abused children 'Pro Bono.' Either she or the firm is often appointed as Guardian Ad Litem by the Family Court Judges.

Pam has accepted a five-year editorial contractual agreement with a major Educational Book Publisher. She also directs the St. Johns Community Church Montessori Style Teaching Program, which focuses on languages, math, and science for the youth. Additionally, there were English and Civics adult classes on Saturdays for immigrants and other functionally illiterate persons. St. Johns Montessori and Adult Education Program's primary focus has always been the six "Rs - reading; writing; rithmetic; responsibility; respectability; and reliability. This enhances enjoying a fulsome and rewarding life.

JENNY'S MOVE TO FLORIDA:

Jenny now resides in Florida with Jai's family, having received her personal items from Goshen, Indiana, via UPS. She should complete her Doctorate in Journalism within the next eighteen to twenty-four months, with a minor in Fine Arts.

Jenny was pleasantly surprised with one item during her physical relocation from Goshen to Northern, FL. She did not know or recollect her birth parents since her grandparents never discussed them in their many years of rearing her. She did not know if they were alive or deceased, nor why they had deserted her. She was met with a 'stony silence' whenever questioning her grandparents about her biological parents for any reason. There were not any pictures of her parents in the house, almost as if they never existed. However, they had existed in some fashion, with Jenny being living proof.

Jenny had traveled from Goshen to Boston for her first university campus visit and was planning to complete her final two years of Advanced Graduate Studies Program from a local Boston residence. However, she quickly realized and accepted her unpreparedness for living alone in a major urban environment. Fortunately, her professor, Dr. Stanton, also recognized this problematic issue and offered an alternative possibility of Jenny residing in Florida, with Jai and Pam appointed as her local mentors. Jenny's personal belongings were previously packed for shipping to Boston. Therefore she only was required to change the UPS delivery address to Jai's home in Florida. Jai's mom, Sarah, had graciously offered to host Jenny for her two years of online studies for completing her doctorate.

While unpacking her belongings, Jenny noticed a large legal-size envelope that she had not packed. Therefore she was quite curious about its contents. The envelope contained legal, and banking documents detailing a small protected trust account left for Jenny, which legally became hers on her eighteenth birthday. It appeared the funds were from some type of insurance settlement relating to her parents. However, it lacked any specific details other than the principal deposited amount and accumulated interest since she was four years old. Jenny immediately rang '2' at her law firm telling her about this envelope, '2' replied okay and the law firm would send a courier for the envelope.

After reviewing the documents as being legally valid, '2's' firm determined the best way for Jenny to receive transference of the funds to her control. This transfer process provided her the highest deferred legal tax breaks allowed by the IRS, however Jenny was required to reinvest the funds within sixty days, which avoided any immediate tax liability.

She was attending university on a full financial sponsorship plan, therefore requested the law firm to reinvest 90% of her trust funds into their recommended long-term tax-free accounts. Jenny also asked them to deposit the remaining 10% into her checking account. Since Jenny was a full-time graduate student, she would not have any IRS tax liability for this residual dollar amount of disposable funds.

Jenny did intend to aggressively question her grandparents again regarding her parents and this trust when she next visited Goshen.

GETTING SETTLED AT HOME:

The girls quickly realized their lives had significantly changed following their graduation and vacation travels. Jai, '2', and Pam were now career women with quality jobs. Jenny continued being a full-time student. However, she now had a nice amount of disposable income and the long-term reinvestment 'nest egg resulting from the trust account transfer.

In her law firm, '2' reported directly to Allison, the Managing Director, and co-majority owner. Allison's father had started the firm many years ago. He was now grooming his daughter to take over the general management of their vast legal business empire. Although not a religious person per se, Allison had attended many past St. Johns functions. She was fully aware of '2's' avid interest in law since she turned eleven years old, and frequently took '2' to the office with her when working on Saturdays. '2' was allowed to nose around the law library, make copies and perform other little tasks for Allison, who was surprised at her diligence.

Allison talked frankly with '2' on many occasions, eventually telling '2's' parents of her exceptional intelligence and understanding of the law for just being twelve years old. She asked for their permission to speak with her university law school Dean on the possibility of '2' beginning her pre-law studies there when she turned thirteen years old. This approach was agreed to by Dr. and Mrs. Anderson. However, they shared some concerns about this situation possibly adversely affecting Jai and Pam. Allison totally agreed with their concerns, asking permission to speak with all three girls on Saturday. She also communicated the Anderson family's conversation to Sarah, asking her permission to talk with Jai.

Allison organized a nice lunch at a quiet, upscale restaurant, which primarily catered to professional women. She instructed the girls to dress nicely, as they were celebrating '2' doing an excellent job at the law firm, as well as her upcoming twelfth birthday. Allison collected Jai, '2', and Pam, and took them to the restaurant. The girls were very impressed with the fantastic restaurant decor, especially when the owner came out to personally welcome them.

During lunch, Allison informed the girls of her prior conversations with their parents and the university professors. Allison had also spoken earlier with her law school's Dean, who invited Professor Stanton to participate in the Zoom call. She understood the girls could not leave home to reside at the university at thirteen years old. However, Professor Stanton was the Advanced Graduate Studies Program Dean, who would guide the girls in their chosen fields.

Professor Stanton had reviewed all of the girl's grades, aptitude, and mandatory state testing results, with each girl having exceptional scores. The university tuition would be totally free, with the law firm paying any incidental costs for the girls. Jai's interest was in human psychology with a focus on juveniles; '2's' interest was in law, and Pam's interest was in public school education. All components of the proposed education plan were agreed upon by the university, law firm, and parents. The plan basically had the three girls on a five-year glide program to their doctoral and law degrees.

The girls had just completed their university programs and graduated this year at nineteen years old. Following commencement activities in Boston, they had vacationed in the Attitash Mountains for ten days. Now they were home and beginning their new careers. They had now become the 'Four Musketeers' since Jenny had moved to Florida and now lived with Jai's family.

THE ST. JOHNS COMMUNITY: SARAH, JAI, KIM, and ALICE:

Jai had first interacted with Kim in the St. Johns community at four years old. In comparison, '2' and Pam's family became a part of the community when they were six and seven years old. Beginning their relationships with St. Johns at an early age was reflected in their moral and life values. Being a multiracial and multicultural church community, St. Johns was highly unusual fifty years ago, and it remains as such in today's highly combative political climate. The congregation consisted of many interracial families, recovering addicts, and several same-sex male and female families. These various groups of unusual spousal marriages or partners comprised approximately fifty percent of the church congregation.

The educational base of St. Johns parishioners ranged from professionals such as doctors and engineers to teachers and LEOs to people who clean homes for a living and many other kinds of workers, including farmers.

Sarah, Jai's mom, was the Executive Vice President of Operations for a major industrial manufacturing company. Pam and '2's' parents were a child psychologist and a physician. Therefore, most of the girl's close church friends were children of the various work professions, undocumented immigrants and/or farmers from the surrounding rural communities.

The foundation of the St. Johns community was based on religion with unconditional love. One amazing statistic resulting from St. Johns foundation of love was that more than half of the children participating in St. Johns activities were adopted. Most of these adopted children WERE NOT the cute little Caucasian infants, which cost up to $40,000 per adoption, with a waiting time availability for a newborn baby often being two or three years. Conversely, St. Johns adoptees were difficult-to-place children and it was usually quite problematic identifying parents who would accept them. The average age of an adopted child at St John's was four to five years old when adopted. Many children were also bi- or tri-racial, with some having been abused and/or abandoned by their biological parent(s). They were often found living in untenable Foster Care Home situations, JDCs, or worse.

St. Johns initially began focusing on serving these in-need children for their experimental "Love and Pain Food Therapy" used to treat addicted newborns. As the program became more successful, St. Johns expanded the services to include nursery, kindergarten, and primary school programs, all supported by local businesses and grants. This allowed a progression of services for children after completing their withdrawal program, which greatly benefited working parents.

All St. Johns educational programs, including the special intensive care "pain reduction therapy" for addicted newborns, were provided totally free for the parents. St. Johns also did not receive any direct state government funds supporting their excellent programs. When possible, parents were encouraged to help support St. Johns with either general financial donations or by becoming a volunteer for an eight-hour per week shift in the church kitchen, laundry, grounds keeping, or other support capacities.

Lost Girls' primary focus relates to the lives of Jai, Pam, '2,' and Jenny, who were all four years old when adopted. Jenny's life was similar to the other three girls since her grandparents had reared her from the age of four, although she was never adopted by them.

Jai's mom, Sarah, was recommended to St. Johns for their experimental therapy when her daughter Kim was born addicted to prescription medication for depression. The drug had not been well documented as safe to take during pregnancy. However, it was thought to be safe in general, since several components of this complex medicine had been well tested in clinical studies. Thus the newly formatted drug had been previously considered to be safe.

Kim was transferred from a hospital incubator to St. Johns at six weeks old and in good health except for her addiction. During her third day of withdrawal therapy at St. Johns, Jai entered Kim's life. She was temporarily placed at St. Johns during renovations occurring at her orphanage. It was always tricky placing children three to six years old in safe temporary environments; therefore, St. Johns helped by accepting some younger children when possible.

Upon arriving at St. Johns, Jai had instinctively turned to Kim's nursery bed, where she was continually screaming from the pain of withdrawal. It was almost like Kim was calling out to Jai for help. Jai darted quickly to Kim and immediately cooed soft words of love. She also patted Kim's tummy, helping to calm the little one. Jai and Kim seemed to have formed a close bond from that first interaction, and her screaming quieted to an uneasy whimpering.

Kim's mom, Sarah, visited her daughter daily after work, even when tired following a long day. Sarah met Jai one evening while she was bonding with Kim during the difficult withdrawal process. From that time forward, it seemed as if Jai was always at Kim's bedside cooing and massaging her tummy during Sarah's visits. She quickly grew to love Jai so much because of her close bonding with Kim. Sarah decided to adopt her after learning Jai was an abandoned child.

After trying to move forward with the adoption of Jai for a month without success, Sarah sought help from two senior executives at her company. The adoption process had become an epic struggle. She was a single mother, relatively new on her job, while also responsible for rearing her addicted newborn daughter. Sarah just could not understand or believe the social workers' attitudes. They seemed to prefer to keep Jai institutionalized in an orphanage instead of becoming a family member in a loving and stable home. The Social Services people seemed to enjoy tossing obstacle after obstacle into the already complex adoption process.

Sarah was not asking for any financial assistance to support Jai since two of the company's senior executives were 'all in' on helping her with items such as placing Jai on her medical insurance. The company was also working with a real estate agency to locate a lovely rental townhouse for Sarah and the two girls. Sarah had performed her job exceptionally well in the past six months of her pregnancy; therefore, the executives felt she had a great future with the company. Sarah was bound and determined that Jai's life should be with her and Kim. Following a year-long intense litigation struggle, Sarah's adoption of Jai was eventually approved.

Four years later, Sarah adopted Alice, her youngest daughter, also from the St. Johns addiction program. Alice's biological mother was hooked on several illegal drugs during pregnancy, and for that reason, the state declared her incompetent for parenting. Initially, Sarah received resistance to her adopting Alice, similar to what she had experienced with Jai. However, Sarah had received two promotions in the four years since adopting Jai and was now the company's Operations Manager. Therefore, most of the family court obstacles were expeditiously squashed by a progressive judge amazed by Sarah's commitment to her three girls. Now Sarah had three daughters; Jai, eight; Kim, four; and Alice, seven months old.

Jai is now nineteen, Kim is fifteen, and Alice is eleven years old, with Sarah still a single mom. While Kim is Sarah's only biological daughter, her love for all three girls is unconditional. Although she was four years old when adopted, the only mother Jai has ever known was Sarah, and for her, Sarah 'walked on water!' Jai has been a totally committed daughter to Sarah for fifteen years, and an awesome elder sister to Kim and Alice since their births.

A majority of the St. Johns community consists of blended families, much like Sarah's, via the adoption of vulnerable young children by loving parents. Sarah's story is just one example of the many St John's parents. All of them were fully committed to the foundation of their church community based on unconditional love. These wonderful parents have joyously welcomed abandoned or abused children into their hearts and homes for many years.

JAI'S FIRST JUVENILE DELINQUENT CENTER (JDC) VISIT:

Jai decided her first review of the state's several JDCs would begin with a half-day visit to the closest center, approximately a two-and-a-half-hour drive. She planned for a three-hour review; therefore, this would be a long day, including the drive and a brief lunch break. She asked '2' to accompany her, helping with the driving, and if needed, '2' would advise her on any potential legal issues. '2's' response to her request seemed a bit muted. However, she finally agreed to travel with Jai to the JDC. Jai scheduled the review for a Friday afternoon, planning for a return home that evening by dusk. It was a quiet week for them, with '2' being unusually distant; however, she was also very busy with a critical law firm project.

Pam was aware of the JDC visit travel schedule and wondered if this could possibly be the detention center where she first met her younger sister. It was more than fifteen years ago when they met at a JDC. Both girls were very young, '2' being four years old, during a chaotic two hours of being held at the JDC annex. She tabled her thoughts for the moment since '2' had not mentioned anything specific about the JDC's location; therefore, it may not be the same place.

However, Pam had been right to be concerned since '2' had become tenser the closer she and Jai came to the center. Sensing something was amiss; Jai stopped at a rest area, asking, "'2' what is wrong since she seems tense?"

'2' softly replied. "I am almost certain that this is the center I was held at when I was four years old. The bad memories seemed more haunting as our departure time neared, but I did not want to disappoint you by canceling out."

Jai replied, "Darling, you could never disappoint me by saying no when something is painful to you. Please always remember that my love for you is endless and unbreakable."

'2' continued, saying, "In some ways, I feel this JDC visit is possibly a necessary evil. I need to completely rid myself of the daunting memories of my early life before mom and dad adopted me. For as long as I can remember, I was shuttled between foster care homes and centers before coming to this place at age four. The Matron was evil to the helpless younger children who stayed in her quarters adjacent to the JDC.

"I wanted badly to go with you, while at the same time I was absolutely scared out of my mind because of the memories," reflected '2'!

Okay, responded Jai, but, "You promise to tell me if the distress becomes too much for you to handle." She then gave '2' a warm hug and kiss before they resumed driving to the center. As they arrived at the center, '2' seemed more relaxed now that she had shared her fear of this place with her girlfriend. However, Jai did notice an involuntary shiver from '2' as they parked in a visitor's parking slot.