Lost Girls Find Life Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jai reminded '2' that their visit was unscheduled and that she was in an 'official capacity' as Jai's lawyer for this visit. Jai rang the bell and was asked via the intercom to state the reason for being at the center since this was not regular visiting hours.

Jai replied, "We are from the States Chief of Staff's office and need to inspect this facility. Please buzz us in." After entering the protected entry foyer, Jai gave the desk officer their IDs along with their business cards. She also followed up, stating, "You are quite welcome to verify our information with the State's Chief of Staff.

The desk officer said, "What do you want to see, and why do you not have an appointment?"

Jai heatedly replied, "Your office received written notice of the State assuming total direct responsibility for all JDCs and Foster Care centers in Florida. Therefore, I suggest you change your insubordinate attitude if you value being employed at this JDC."

He rang someone and communicated with them while a relatively young female staff member approached them via the security door. "I overheard your conversation with our desk officer and would like to assist with your visit. My name is Kelly, and how may I help you obtain the specifically required information?"

Jai thanked the staff member, stating her name, as well as '2's', noting that '2' was her attorney. "I am responsible for reorganizing the Florida JDC and Foster Care centers to operate more efficiently over the next two years. My girlfriend, '2', a partner in the law firm, has responsibility for any legal needs in this reorganization process. We need copies of all facility inspection reports such as health, food preparation, and environmental items. We also need to visit each occupied holding room, showers, restrooms, and other multi-function areas."

'2' firmly added, "This inspection also includes the Matron's Quarters Annex, if there are any young children currently housed there."

A loud voice interjected, "Absolutely Not, you cannot enter my private quarters for an inspection!"

Jai nodded at '2', who stepped directly into her old nemesis's personal space, saying, "Produce your deed for any private property located on these grounds. Otherwise, this property belongs to the State of Florida. You must allow my client and me full access to this entire facility in any areas where children are housed. If you interfere, I will have a judicial warrant issued to arrest you for trespassing and obstruction.

"We now absolutely refuse to speak with you because of your obstruction. You are ordered off the grounds during this inspection process and have fifteen minutes to clear the facility. You will be notified by SMS when you are allowed to return. If you have questions or comments regarding our authority, contact the State's Chief of Staff for confirmation."

Upon entering the Matron's Quarters Annex, they observed four young girls being temporarily housed there. '2' said, "I do not understand how there are always children in residence here."

The young staff member Kelly said, "It is rumored that the Matron charges the state a daily boarding rate while the young girls live there. The reimbursement is justified by the Matron saying she cares for the girls on a twenty-four-seven basis, so additional payments for this time are billable as private care. The rumor mill has her pocketing thousands of dollars over the past few years by having younger children directed to this JDC and then housing them here in the annex."

Jai indignantly responded, "Hell No! Kelly, will you please help '2' pack the young girls' personal belongings. Meanwhile, I will review documents at the main center. When you are finished here, I would like Kelly to assist me with the walk-through inspection. This situation has become a bit more complex than I anticipated since we are absolutely not leaving the young girls here in this confusion. We need Jenny and Pam to drive here ASAP! Have them ring us at the main center when they get here."

One of the younger girls was quietly weeping and said Miss '2', "My big sister is over there, and please don't take her away from me." Kneeling to hug the little one, '2' said, "I promise you that we will take your sister along with you when we leave."

'2' continued, "I am phoning the girls right now while dialing Pam's mobile phone. Sis, we have just uncovered a real mess at this JDC, so can you and Jenny come here today? We will give you the details of what has happened when you arrive, however, plan to stay until Monday. Additionally, please ask Mom to book ten rooms for three nights each at the hotel she uses when she needs to RON (remain over-night) here on a resident visit.

"I have been very distracted most of the week since being almost certain this was the JDC where I met you, then escaped with Mom and family. I almost canceled coming; however, Jai desperately needed me by her side for the extra-long workday. Sis, there were four children in the Matron's Quarters Annex with the mean old lady like I was when we met fifteen years ago. One of the little girls also has a ten-year-old sister locked up in the JDC. We cannot leave those little ones here in this disaster, so we need you and Jenny here with us."

Pam responded, "Jenny is with me as we speak, and we are rapidly moving to join you at the JDC ASAP. We will SMS you with our expected arrival time at the hotel once in transit. SMS or email us if we need to stop for food or any other necessities while en route to the hotel. We will update Mom and Mom-Sarah with the current information on your inspection, while Jenny and I drive to meet you two at the hotel."

"See you in a few hours," fare-welled Pam.

Kelly, '2', and the three little girls walked over to the JDC entry foyer. Meanwhile, Jai had previously walked over to the main entrance and reviewed the health documents and licenses. After entering the foyer, '2' placed the girls in the guest lounge and stayed there with them since they were terrified. A few minutes later Kelly returned from the interior with the little one's ten-year-old sister, who was greeted with tears of joy.

Jai was definitely displeased with most of the record-keeping in this facility as well as the staff, with the only exception being Kelly, who was very helpful and deeply cared for the girls in residence. Jai assessed the JDC resident girls as ninety percent low risk, incarcerated for minor offenses, or making bad choices in their friends. The remaining ten percent appeared to be hardcore juvenile delinquents and required close supervision via a JDC.

Jai's mind was already in the 'close this place immediately' mode. She thought she could have the five hardcore juveniles transferred to another facility in the adjacent county on Saturday morning. She would then ask Kelly to join her staff, and they could inspect that facility in the next ninety days. Jai and '2' would take the four younger girls and the ten-year-old sister to their hotel tonight.

On Saturday morning, the five older hardcore juvenile girls would be transferred to the JDC in the next region. Simultaneously they would bring the eleven low-risk girls to their hotel. Then she, Kelly, and the desk officer would close this facility, locking the doors forever as a JDC.

Kelly was temporarily assigned as the Center Counselor for the fifteen young girls. Jai informed the desk officer she would assist him in transferring to another JDC or low-risk adult prison of his choosing. She felt all other staff at this JDC were basically incompetent and should be laid off or fired. However, dismissal was the Chief of Staff's responsibility. The Chief of Staff, along with her husband, a US Marshall, would meet them at the hotel later tonight.

Once Pam and Jenny arrived and checked in the hotel, they bogarted a small conference room and stored a small box of rapid assessment testing supplies there. Pam and Jenny would immediately begin assessing the reading and math skills of the eleven juvenile girls on Saturday morning after breakfast. Pam was entirely in her element since the focus of her EdD thesis was on delivering exceptional public education to the masses. These girls were her first actual students and would receive Pam's best teaching. Jenny was 'all in with Pam' on providing these young girls a superior education, and the first step was assessing their basic math and reading skills. Jenny would also work closely with the four year olds from the annex, evaluating their basic communication skills, temperament and general mentality.

Jai's most challenging task would be identifying adequate long-term housing for the eleven low-risk older girls, preferably near the St. Johns facility. She had asked Kelly to accept the onsite Resident Manager's position. Kelly would be responsible for the youth group home where the eleven low-risk girls would eventually live until they were eighteen years old or were adopted. Moving closer to St. Johns was a pretty attractive option to Kelly after meeting several of these wonderful people rushing in to help resettle the juvenile girls. Jai and Kelly also needed to be careful in talking with the four year old whose sister would be staying in the group home, while the four younger girls would stay at St. Johns preschool housing until they were seven years old. The younger sister needed the comfort of her elder sister being close by, which Jai and Kelly would walk her through.

Jai's short-term plan was to remain at the local hotel for three days while closing the JDC facility. Then, they would move closer to the St. Johns community on Monday. They would probably stay in a local hotel for a few days until the Youth Group Home received its occupancy permit.

Allison, '2's' boss at the law firm, had quickly identified a potential property in St. Johns vicinity, and the owner agreed to offer a long-term lease agreement with the State. The completed long-term lease agreement allowed Jai to quickly move forward with necessary renovations to designate the facility as a youth group home. Most of the upgrades would be completed by experts from St. Johns; additionally, some people from this renovation group agreed to perform routine maintenance and landscaping for the group home.

Kelly was super excited seeing their plan coming together expeditiously, with the entire St. Johns community pitching in to help the juvenile girls. She had never encountered anyone in the Juvenile System Administration like Jai and her three friends. They were like organized mini-hurricanes simultaneously moving in many directions.

Jai's long-term plan was that all eleven older girls would wear GPS monitors during the first six months in the new youth group home. Hopefully, after six months, they would no longer be considered runaway risks, and the monitors removed. During this six-month observation time, Pam would set up a temporarily accredited onsite teaching program. Pam, Jenny, and Kelly would provide the bulk of remedial teaching, which the group home girls definitely needed. Jai, '2', and a few other older St. Johns youths were also helping with the teaching curriculum. The primary emphasis of the courses would be basic math, English, spelling, civics and beginner's French.

All was now settled with the Youth Group Home Facility, with two additional staff members hired to help Kelly. The two part-time staff members were university students who needed to supplement their academic scholarships by working a few hours weekly. This helped cover their extra nonacademic expenses, as well as allowing Kelly a bit of down time on weekends.

After three months of the group home operating efficiently, Jai submitted an annual budget for two years to the Chief of Staff. The final numbers in the yearly budget resulted in a sixty percent savings of public funds versus the cost of operating the now closed JDC. The Chief of Staff was extremely pleased with Jai's handling of the JDC problem, which resulted in a far superior program for less than half the cost to the state's taxpayers.

As a result of Jai's inspection and closure of the JDC, the two sisters, ten and four-years-old would soon be adopted by the State's Chief of Staff and her husband. The couple visited the hotel near the JDC and met the fifteen low-risk girls during the weekend of the JDC closing. They were also committed members of the St Johns community and quickly bonded with the two sisters at the hotel. The Chief of Staff had felt it necessary to visit the JDC site since Jai was unexpectedly closing the facility. The State's security personnel drove her to the hotel, and her husband arrived later Friday evening.

The young couple had been involved in various St. Johns church activities in the past few years. They both wanted a family; however, each one had a very demanding job. Experiencing a nine-month pregnancy and then caring for a young baby in diapers required much consideration. Therefore the young couple felt this opportunity to adopt sisters, four and ten years old, was the answer to their prayers. They initiated the adoption process for the sisters, wholly supported by the St. Johns community. The young sisters were just so happy that they would soon have a 'Mommy' and 'Daddy', thus not having to worry about ever being apart and unloved again.

CELEBRATION TIME:

Jai, '2', and Pam continued living with their parental families for three months following the closure of the JDC. Jenny also lived in Sarah's home while preparing her doctoral thesis. During this time, they established a safe residential group home for all the older girls. The two sisters were adopted, and the three other four-year-olds were permanently living at St. Johns until they turned seven. The Youth Group Home bylaws excluded girls under seven from residing there full time. The specific reasoning for that was that the group home residents should be old enough to attend primary school. This would be offsite at St. Johns after the six-month probationary period.

The Youth Group Home was now completely functional, including a temporarily accredited onsite primary education program, which Pam had established. After six months, all group home residents would study at the St. Johns primary grades (1-6) day school once their GPS restrictions were lifted.

The four young professional women had discussed their feelings of desiring a lifestyle change with Jai's mom, along with '2' and Pam's parents. With both families in agreement, the girls decided to share a large rental home, hopefully, located in the same general vicinity as their parents. They needed several bedrooms since Jai's younger sisters and their friends would occasionally visit for overnight stays on weekends.

Today was the official move into their fully furnished rental home, and they were now unpacking mostly personal belongings. Allison, '2's' boss at the law firm, was instrumental in locating this beautiful rental property for the girls. She negotiated an excellent two-year lease agreement with the owners, who had departed to Israel on a two-year teaching sabbatical. There was also the possible option of the girls buying the home in the future, should the family decide to permanently immigrate to Israel after completing their sabbatical.

The home featured a fully landscaped half-acre lot with many colorful flowers and green grassy sections. The girls loved the two living levels in the five-bedroom home, featuring four full baths and one small guest bath. Additionally, the house included an extremely nice study, an exercise room, an outdoor patio, and the usual kitchen/dining room amenities.

Jai and '2', being quite settled in their love relationship, chose the downstairs MBR Suite for its privacy from the other four upstairs bedrooms. Pam and Jenny selected the far corner upstairs MBR Suite, ideally located in a far corner for their privacy from the smaller upstairs bedrooms. The smaller second upstairs BR Suite was reserved for overnight stays by family or other special guests.

The girls mostly needed to bring their personal belongings, photos, and other familiar items, which they used to personalize the home. Jai's younger sisters, Kim and Alice, along with their close friends Wesley and Dana, were there helping with the move-in. '2' pranked them, saying, you guys are not here to help and are just laying claim to your guest bedroom.

A giggling Kim said you are absolutely correct special Sis since this is definitely our home too. The four kids came into a giant hug with '2' because they all loved her teasing.

Jai interjected, saying, "You guys know how much we really love all four of you. Just remember, we are here because we need some time alone for big-girl activities. You will always be welcome on weekends when we barbeque, are playing outside, or just enjoying life. You four are family and always will be an important part of our lives. However, we now have jobs, studies, and other responsibilities, which sometimes require our private space."

Then Jenny said, "I do not know about you guys, but I am starved after moving all morning. Let's head over to KFC and pig out. After returning home, we will eat Mom-Sarah's awesome Strawberry Cheese Cake, drink PepsiMax, and watch many movies."

They all experienced a good time at KFC, along with a fun evening at home.

The four girls were actually now two couples. They had planned their moving in celebration for the first Friday evening after becoming fully settled. They attended Sunday school and Church on most Sundays, therefore rarely socialized on Saturday evenings. Virtually all of their close friends were also from the St. Johns Church Community. Consequently, they also preferred quiet Saturday evenings with families, allowing them to be fresh for the many Sunday church activities.

Allison had reserved a special table for the girls at the same restaurant she had taken them for lunch five years ago. She told the owner to bill the law firm for the girls' entire evening. Allison explained that they were not yet twenty-one and therefore could not legally drink alcohol. All of their parents were committed progressives and Jai's mom, Sarah, had given them two bottles of a really lovely Cabernet as a housewarming gift. They would sip that at home after dinner.

The two couples were dressed sexily in long slinky body-hugging frilly dresses. As a rule, the St. Johns young ladies did not wear mini-skirts or dresses higher than an inch above the knee. However, the four girls ranged from five foot seven to five foot ten inches tall. Therefore they were absolute babes in their long figure-hugging cocktail dresses.

Tonight was going to be special for the girls, and their parents had arranged their transportation to the restaurant. They used a contract driver who was in their church community. He would also collect the girls later for their return home. The restaurant consisted of two spacious lounges, a beautiful primary dining room, several quaint private dining rooms for small corporate functions, and a special entertainment dining room. This dining area featured an excellent band, with dancing available after nine PM. The girls would be seated in this dining area since they planned for much dancing after dinner.

Since the law firm was one of their major customers, the hostess was waiting for the girls at the door. The firm held many monthly business meetings in the corporate dining rooms. She guided the girls to their elevated reserved table, amid quite intense stares from mostly the guys. However, a few women also took exceptionally long second looks. The girls were wearing beautiful Jimmy Choo three-inch heels, which had each one at six feet tall excepting Pam, who was two inches shorter.

Allison had requested the owner provide two excellent bottles of non-alcoholic champagne to be served with the girls' meals. Their table was rectangular, allowing Jai and '2' to sit on one side with Pam and Jenny opposite them. There was quite a bit of giggling and cheeky touching happening as the girls were seated and awaiting their first toast of the evening. They intended to really let their hair down on their first real night of partying together since the two weeks in Boston and New Hampshire.