Love Among the Stacks Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

8.

Kellie and I managed to dry off and put on shorts and shirts with a minimum of fuss. I went outside to get a fire started and she stopped off in the kitchen to get us something to drink and a snack (and check if we'd done anything bad to the inside of the fridge). The sun hadn't quite finished setting, and the lake had taken on a deep-red hue that gave me just enough light to find what I needed.

I'd managed to get the kindling going by the time Kellie came outside. She brought the champagne from the bathroom, a couple of glasses, and some of the cheese curds we'd picked up at the store.

Sitting there, watching the stars come out and feeling the bubbly tingly feelings from the champagne, I was as relaxed as I could ever remember feeling. Kellie and I talked about simple things - the hoot of an owl, the sounds and smells of the fire, the relief of knowing that high school was over.

It wasn't all that late, but it had been a long day, starting with mowing lawns and graduation and ending with lots of sex and more alcohol than either of us were used to. At one point, Kellie and I yawned simultaneously and then giggled.

"Do you mind if we save the epic licking session for the morning, James?" Kellie asked. "I'm beat."

I leaned over and kissed her. "Me too. And for once, we have time. Let's go sleep together and then see what the morning holds."

Kellie's smile widened. "We do have time, don't we? Oh, James. This is so wonderful."

I kissed her again in agreement, and we put out the fire and brought the remnants of our snacks inside.

Even the simple routines of bedtime - brushing our teeth next to each other, getting undressed (sleeping naked with the woman I loved - yes please!), making sure lights were off and the cabin was buttoned-down for the night - were moments I wanted to treasure. I had never been this happy.

We climbed into bed - soft and welcoming, with a down comforter that swallowed us up - and laid on our sides facing each other. Kellie and I held hands and just looked into each other's eyes.

"Goodnight, Kellie."

"Goodnight, James."

We kissed softly. It easily could have led to more, and I was pondering whether I should kiss her again when I heard Kellie's breathing slow into sleep. I smiled and let sleep take me as well.