Love and Fortune Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not fond of those memories, are you?" Shaheen posed, picking up on the Frenchwoman's discomfort.

Eleni sighed. "Oh, I'm not. All the social climbing and schmoozing was draining. And the parties? Mmh, I'd hardly even call them that. They were boring!" She allowed herself a rueful laugh. "That's not me anymore. Not us. We've got better things to celebrate than silly social power plays. Pleasures so much more worthwhile to pursue."

"You said it there," Yuki agreed. "Sexy is always better." She looked at Ben, thinking of last night's magical indulgence -- and this morning, too. Her grin went wider.

"Very much so." Eleni clearly agreed. "I think this place will play host to much more enjoyable things now. Ah, let's be honest -- it already has. But I, for one, believe we're ready for quite a lot more."

"More parties?" Ben offered.

"More women," Aimee confidently added.

"Then you'll need a bartender," Yuki proudly declared. "Consider me on board. I'd make us some celebratory drinks if it weren't still so early." Everyone laughed at that -- knowing Yuki was going to fit in with them all perfectly.

As they finished up eating, they chatted idly about what else the future held. No concrete plans were discussed, but Ben thought again of his power's cryptic statement. The revelation that was coming would mark his next big step -- he felt sure of that. He also felt like it was coming very soon. He found himself glancing at his bracelet; those little wooden beads and symbols felt almost alive today. Little thrums of magic came steadily, buzzing at his wrist, bringing the promise of great things to come.

And it had something to do with the mall, didn't it? He felt sure it did. Perhaps, as with many before, today would be another great opportunity to trust his luck.

"So," Eleni announced. "Shall we?"

***

Ben and his entourage made their way through the outdoor concourse of the shopping center -- the most high-end one in town, where rich suburbanites frequented the posh boutiques and eateries. Eleni strode along ahead of the group, her bearing confident and proud. As she led them from storefront to storefront, she pointed out various options of interest -- high-priced designer brands; elegant, form-fitting ensembles; accessories that screamed sexy and expensive.

"I mean it," the French blonde repeated. "No budget concerns. Splurge, loves. I'll spare no expense. We're here for a good time."

While the women oohed and ahhed over the latest fashions and designs, Ben simply marveled at their beauty and style as they tried on new outfits and showed them off for his approval. Alicia's slender physique was stunning in a white top with a scooping neckline. Shaheen's new floral miniskirt revealed most of her shapely brown legs. Yuki's sleek leather pants clung tightly to her hips and thighs, accentuating the swell of her pert bottom. Shopping might not have been Ben's usual thing, but the views and conversation were making this a memorable experience. With companions like these, he reckoned that even a trip to the DMV could be fun.

The main event, of course, came as they approached a high-end lingerie shop. Ben's anticipation rode high as his lovers sauntered inside with self-assured smirks. They headed directly toward the sections that featured the most risqué offerings, giggling in delight at the amount of naughtiness on display. Lace and silk of every shade was in abundance; bras and panties that provided minimal coverage, serving only to enhance rather than conceal; sheer nighties, stockings, and teddies in every style imaginable. The other customers and the sales clerks all gave the attractive newcomers amused but curious looks, and the sight of his women chatting with the attendants as they sorted through racks of clothing made Ben grin.

"Okay," Aimee mused, picking through the selection with eager fingers. "I want this, and this, and this. Ooh, and this too. And definitely this."

Moka nodded approvingly. "Yep. This is the store we're gonna drain dry."

"My kind of selection, for sure," Yuki said. "I just wanna wear it all. Jesus, that's a lot of nice stuff..." She pulled out a purple lace bodysuit. "Damn. Whoever ends up fucking me in this is one lucky motherfucker."

Ben grinned broadly as the three continued to discuss which pieces they should purchase. He felt Shaheen's fingers weaving through his own, and when he looked back at her, she offered him a knowing, loving smile. "Think you know who the lucky fucker is," the dark-skinned vixen purred.

"Guess I'll have to win that honor," he shot back.

"Always," she affirmed, and she pressed a light kiss against his cheek. "But until then... how about you play the part of sexy fashion critic and pick one of those out for me? I love the idea of you choosing what I'll put on for you later."

Ben nodded. Of course he'd be happy to, he thought. Turning to the nearest attendant -- a pretty, fresh-faced college girl with light brown hair -- he politely asked where the dressing rooms were, and the two of them proceeded over eagerly.

Watching his girlfriends model the hottest items the store had to offer was an exquisite pleasure, and as Ben observed, he found himself agreeing with Yuki: anyone whose girlfriend chose to dress up for them in any of this stuff? They were really damn fortunate. As for him, he had girlfriends aplenty, and fortune more than enough to go around.

He got plenty of enjoyment seeing the girls try on different styles -- the deep V necks, the strappy straps, the lacy edges that left little to the imagination -- but through the fun of that, he didn't forget about the mysterious portent that his magic had promised. Something was coming, something exciting and important, but he still wasn't entirely sure what it would be. All he could do was watch and wait -- and keep trying to follow whatever signs were being presented to him.

Eleni paid graciously for each and every purchase. There was no price too steep when it came to satisfying her companions. They left the lingerie shop with bags upon bags full of their newest acquisitions. In the mood for a brief rest, the group of seven stopped to sit for a while at an outdoor café in the middle of the open-air concourse. There was plenty of seating, plus a small counter selling coffee and baked goods. With their bags set down and their orders taken, Ben and his companions relaxed in the warm sun as they watched the passersby.

"A productive trip, wouldn't you say?" he mused. "Definitely made some good buys here."

"Oh, certainly," Eleni agreed, sipping on her coffee. "I must admit -- since I got to know you all, I've been fantasizing about taking you to that store."

Alicia laughed at that. "Good taste, Eleni. It's like we robbed that place. I've never walked out of any store with such a massive haul."

"And that cute attendant was definitely looking us over, wasn't she?" Yuki said. "Probably couldn't stop thinking about how gorgeous we all were."

"Maybe she was jealous we didn't ask her to model some naughty stuff for us, too," Aimee mused, grinning. "I mean, I'd want to, if I were her. Fun like that would totally make it worth the risk of losing my job." She giggled lightly.

"Come to think of it," Shaheen added, nudging Ben lightly. "Why didn't you ask her? She was cute. And into us. Could've played with her, easy."

Ben shrugged. "Didn't cross my mind. You disappointed, Shaheen?"

The tall black girl pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Not really. If I wanted something, I'd definitely ask, babe. Just saying. Feels like you kinda turned down an opportunity on a silver platter."

Ben felt a little pulse from the wooden charm on his wrist -- just enough to let him know that it would be alright to confess his thoughts on the matter. "Maybe so," he began. "But today? Somehow I think we'd be better off to wait for something bigger. My bracelet's been pushing the 'destiny' stuff again. Not just 'amass and expand,' either. More like 'wait and see.' Hard to put my finger on it, but today feels like it could end up being a game-changer."

"Interesting," Eleni said. "Tell us... how exactly do you imagine?"

He leaned back slightly, considering. "Haven't had a lot of luck, trying to imagine that. Kinda seems like, the more I try to pinpoint something specific, the less I get. I keep thinking it has to do with whoever we're supposed to meet next. It might be... somebody who opens new doors. Makes our fun even greater. How exactly, though? I don't have all the details yet."

"But something's coming?" Yuki inquired, her eyebrows rising in anticipation.

Ben nodded. "Something big." Even then, he felt the presence of the magic -- active, alive, working on his behalf. Whatever the unknown coming event would be, his power was all for it. "We should just relax and let it come to us."

"Honestly?" Moka replied, lounging in her wicker chair. "I'm down for that. We've done pretty well for ourselves, just letting things roll naturally. Almost makes me feel lazy, but, well..." She looked at the others. "Am I wrong?"

"Nah. It's good," Yuki assured her. "Good things happen when you don't force it. And the magic knows what's up." She grinned. "I'm down with it, too. Might be new here, but I see the way we roll."

"Plus," Alicia reminded them. "Last time the bracelet opened up a new door, so to speak... it got us Eleni. Who, in case any of us haven't been paying attention..." She smiled at the blonde woman. "...is incredible."

Eleni returned the smile and raised her latte cup as if offering a toast. "Happy to be a part of this," she said. "And to indulge you with scores upon scores of lovely new things."

"Can't wait for the next big thing," Aimee offered. "I mean... look at where we are now! Could it get any better?"

"Oh, I bet it can," Ben stated -- but he lost his train of thought when something caught his eye, making him interrupt himself: "Wait, what's going on over there?"

Everyone turned at the same time to see it: on the other end of the outdoor concourse, a slim girl was on the run, looking over her shoulder repeatedly as she made haste. In fact, Ben got the impression she was being chased -- but by whom, he didn't yet see. The girl was dressed in dark, tight clothing, and her pale hair fluttered behind her. Shoppers were exclaiming in surprise as she rushed past, but the girl barely paid them any attention as she ran. The only thing that seemed to matter to her was getting away -- wherever she could.

"Something's wrong," he stated intuitively as he stood up from his seat and started toward her. He noticed that everyone else had hurriedly risen, ready to follow after him. "Stay back a minute," he cautioned. "I'm just going to check."

"Is this..." Yuki prompted him, her face worried. "You feel it? Do you think this is what we've been waiting for?"

"I don't know yet," Ben admitted. "But something tells me it's not a coincidence."

The girl, after all, was running their way. Up closer now, Ben noted her atypical appearance. Hair he'd initially judged to be a natural platinum-blonde was in fact bleached pure white. Her skin was almost as pale; her eyes dark and narrow. As Ben drew closer to her, their gazes seemed to lock.

At once, they both realized it: they were each other's destination. Magic had guided them directly to one another. And Ben hadn't even noticed it yet: the bracelet on the girl's wrist, much like his own.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked as he reached the girl, who skidded to a halt when she saw him. "You were running like you were being chased. Is someone after you? Are they still--"

"No," the girl spoke hastily, glancing backward once again. "Not right behind me. I think I lost them, but they... they could be anywhere." She bit her lip and cast her eyes around furtively, her nerves on edge. She didn't look helpless, Ben thought; her body language conveyed tension, but it also suggested she was ready to move -- and possibly fight, if needed.

"Who were they?" he asked. "Who was chasing you?"

"Two big men. Security guards. I..." The girl seemed to notice him a little more closely now; her eyes flicked down to his bracelet. Then she blinked, and her eyes widened as she recognized it for what it was. "You can help me out, can't you?"

"I can try. What's going on? Why are those men chasing you?"

The girl bit her lip. With one last sharp intake of breath, a nonverbal 'fuck it,' she held up her wrist. Ben saw the wooden beads and the markings. The central charm looked almost identical to the one on his slightly larger bracelet. He felt a powerful resonance in his magic as he realized that, for the first time, he had met someone else who shared the same power.

"Because of this," the girl said, showing it off. "Because I took it, and it didn't belong to me, and I need to get far away from here, and... oh, shit. Where the hell do I start?"

Ben didn't bother pressing her for questions. This girl might have stolen, but whether or not that was wrong in the grand scheme of things was beside the point right now. He knew from the sight of that bracelet, and from the way his own tingled in response, that this was an ally to trust -- and a situation where he could help. "No explanation necessary," he offered. "I think I understand. How long have you had that? Where'd you get it from?"

"I took it from an auction gallery just a little while ago. It... well, it just called to me, and I couldn't resist it. But there are people after it, and I need to get somewhere safe, and..."

"And you came here because your instincts told you to," he guessed. He realized that, from the girl's perspective, he must have stood out from the crowd. "Magic brought us together here, didn't it?"

"Magic?" The word came with a hint of surprise. "You know how this thing works?"

"Kinda," he told her. "I think we've got a lot to talk about. Listen. You're in trouble. And I think we're supposed to work together. For now, let's just say you're safe. Here, with us."

"Us?" she asked -- and then, for the first time, she noticed the gathering throng of women behind the man who'd addressed her. At once, she appeared both hopeful and confused. "You mean...?"

"Yeah. Mine." Ben nodded. "But that's not what matters right now. Trust me. We can help. What's your name, by the way?"

The white-haired girl exhaled slowly, like she'd been holding her breath. "Lenore," she told him, still sounding shaken and uncertain. "Lenore Larkin. You?"

"Ben." Their hands met in a tentative but trusting shake. At their first touch, Ben felt a deep understanding rush through his body; recognition, acceptance, and instant affinity. Their bracelets -- not quite twins, he realized upon looking closer, but certainly siblings, and very close -- hummed and pulsed in response. This wasn't just any encounter; this was his first meeting with a fellow magic-wielder. A newbie, maybe; but then, so was he, really.

The sensation seemed to take Lenore aback as well. He saw her face relaxing. She looked down at her arm, then at Ben again. "I think you're just the person I needed to meet," she blurted.

"That's super-luck for you," he offered. "We connect with the right people. Come on. Join us."

"Super-luck?" she mused, but as she followed Ben toward the six women who awaited him, she seemed to accept that he was talking sense. Eager to find out about this mysterious girl Ben had flagged down, his girlfriends came close, surrounding Lenore in a protective semi-circle. She took their presence in stride. "Oh, wow," she said, taking in the sight of her new acquaintances. "You're all beautiful."

"And you're in some kind of trouble, aren't you?" Shaheen offered. Lenore just nodded, a little awestruck. In the moment, the black girl took hold of the newcomer's wrist, lifting it to study the bracelet closely. "Hmm, wow," she mused. "Almost a match to Ben's."

"Sure looks like it," Yuki observed. "Different beads, though. Smaller ones."

"Means she's a friend, though," Aimee concluded. "You are, aren't you?"

The pale-haired girl nodded again. She was a little overwhelmed. In a lot of ways, she had expected to be lost and alone forever, and had never planned on meeting anyone like Ben and his girlfriends. Companions like these... hadn't exactly been on her radar, no matter how much she'd always wished for them. With family not in the picture and genuine friends hard to find, the world had felt like a lonely place for some time now -- until just this moment, where her newly-discovered magic was already whispering that she was in exactly the right place. All would be alright now.

She let herself relax. "A friend, yeah," she murmured. "Lenore. Good to meet you." She glanced at the tallest of the group, the elegant blonde who seemed almost to lead the ensemble.

"Eleni," the woman responded with a slight incline of her head and a flowery, foreign lilt in her voice. "Charmed to meet you as well."

Ben came up beside Eleni, his hand moving urgently to her hip as he indicated Lenore with his other. "We need to get Lenore out of here," he pressed her. "Somewhere safe. People were chasing her, and I'm sure they're still looking."

Eleni gave a nod, her mind already made up. "Heard the whole story. I'll call for our ride. We can be on our way in a few minutes."

"Thank you," Lenore told her. "Seriously. This is so... thank you."

"It's fine," Alicia told her, caring honesty in her voice. "We take care of our own. Especially people as intriguing as you, sweetie."

Lenore chuckled slightly. "Intriguing, huh?" The sight of all these beautiful women staring at her, concerned but also eager to know her, made her heart race in ways that had nothing to do with fear or danger. She wondered -- and her magic seemed to back her up as she did -- whether she'd wandered into something more than just a lucky rescue. "How about I explain everything after we get out of here?"

"We'd love to hear it," Moka answered her. "Especially about that bracelet."

Ben nodded at that. He was curious, too. Questions and explanations would come, he knew; in the meantime, however, they needed to focus on getting their new friend to safety. "Let's move," he said.

***

Lenore felt safe. That was a new feeling. Even though she wasn't in the clear yet, even though she was still hurrying through the mall huddled close to her rescuers, she had confidence that her troubles were already behind her. As strange as it seemed, the intuition -- one she now knew to be magic -- told her as much.

Her eyes tracked Ben. The handsome, tall guy with the tousled, chestnut hair and the magical bracelet like hers. He was leading the pack, glancing around as though making sure there was no sign of pursuit. Looking out for her. Lenore appreciated that about him; not as though other factors weren't a draw, of course. Those striking looks, that carefree yet intense way he carried himself, his undeniable magnetism; all helped.

Was this a crush? Something more already? It was probably crazy. She'd only just met this guy and his group... sure, he'd granted her an escape from the dangerous situation she'd gotten into. But that should have just made her thankful. She was feeling more than that, though. Much more. And the magic seemed to be... encouraging it?

Okay, she thought. Bridges to cross later. And there'd definitely be a lot of 'later,' because she didn't plan on leaving his side anytime soon. Not just because she didn't have anywhere to go -- she could have figured that bit out anyway. But because she felt like she belonged.

Ben's women had greeted her with such immediate, genuine kindness. Lenore felt welcome among them -- and protected by their proximity, too. Even now, they were huddled close; Eleni, the tall French blonde whose name she'd learned first, had smartly proposed they surround her. That way, she would have cover as they navigated their way to the mall exit. So far, it seemed to have worked; no one was giving the group a second glance.