Love and Fortune Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Money hasn't changed a bit of your style, though," he lovingly teased.

"Never could, never will," Lenore answered with a sultry smirk. "Like the fit? I stole a few pieces from Shaheen's closet. She had a phase. Don't ask."

"Oh, I won't," Ben assured her, chuckling lightly. "Curious as that makes me." He reached over, letting his hand slide across Lenore's thigh and under her skirt, just enough to feel the bare skin above her high stockings. The touch earned a delighted little hum from the pale goth, who bit her lip to keep any more sounds at bay. "You haven't lost that mischievous streak, either, have you?"

Checking quickly to make sure their driver wasn't looking, Lenore playfully sidled her hand into Ben's lap and gave him a warm squeeze through his jeans. "Told you, I'm kind of a klepto. And I guess in the end, I got away with the biggest score of them all."

"Heh, lucky you." Ben slid his hand away from her thigh, making her pout slightly -- until he reached over and slid his arm around her. "And lucky me." His fingertips stroked gently at her bare shoulder. "Speaking of lucky, Yuki was right."

They referred, of course, to their driver. Female and stunning, she was another point of confirmation that this was the best way to get around. Driving one's own luxury car didn't give you something like her to look at: tall and sharp, her skin golden-brown, her dark-brown, shoulder-length hair lightly curled. Her angular features and the unerring calm in her eyes reminded Ben of the kind of women that featured in spy movies. Dressed in a fitted black suit, she exuded sensual confidence in spades: putting nothing on overt display, yet oozing foxy appeal all the same.

Lenore grinned, nudging his side lightly with her elbow. "What's that stuff you hear lesbians on the Internet say about... wanting a woman to break them in half? I didn't used to get that... but now I'm starting to see the appeal."

Ben chuckled. "Do I sense a new kink emerging? Hm, I'll file that away."

Lenore's whisper tickled his ear: low and sultry, meant only for him. "Think she might wanna play around later?"

"Don't need to think," he replied, tapping lightly on the thin bead bracelet that graced her arm. "Super-luck, babe. Try her."

"Ooh." She watched their driver for a moment, her eyes following the tanned, manicured hands on the steering wheel. The woman's gaze never faltered from the road ahead; her expression was composed. When Lenore spoke up, addressing her, she didn't flinch. "What's your name?"

The driver made eye contact with her in the rearview mirror; Lenore's heart jumped at the rich, hazel eyes that peered back at her. "Claudia," came the smooth, lightly accented response.

"Do you ever go shopping, Claudia?" Lenore brushed strands of her white hair aside as she boldly maintained the other woman's gaze.

"Sometimes, yes," the driver answered. "Hardly my usual interest, though."

Lenore thought fast. "Well, I'd have asked if you wanted to join us for some browsing, but maybe you'd prefer lunch instead, a little later on."

The pale-haired girl's pulse rose as she watched the older woman's eyes in the rearview; for a long second, Claudia seemed to digest the question with thoughtfulness and what Lenore hoped was intrigue. Finally, her lips perked up subtly, suggesting acceptance.

"Mm, never had a passenger ask me to lunch before. Or shopping, or anything, for that matter. Sounds fun."

Ben mirrored Lenore's grin, recognizing that his girlfriend had just secured a date. He gave her a proud pat on the knee and a coy squeeze that sent tingles through her body. "Great," Lenore answered casually. "We'll be shopping till... one o'clock, maybe? Meet us at the food court then? Maybe we could get your number, so you know where to find us if anything changes."

"No need. I can contact you through the app." A little smirk crossed Claudia's face -- hinting, perhaps, at a mischievous streak beneath her professional exterior. "Besides, I imagine I won't have trouble tracking you down."

Lenore settled back in her seat, electrically excited by the result of her proposal. Whether through her own bracelet, or Ben's, or their power combined, she'd achieved exactly what she'd hoped, seamlessly working a new, sexy twist into their fun-filled day out.

"Perfect," she spoke with delight. She thought to add more, but Claudia's attention was on the road again. The driver's lips, however, remained lightly quirked for the rest of the journey.

Not long later, Ben and Lenore were disembarking, dropped off by Claudia near the mall's west entrance. Today, on a weekday, the shopping plaza wasn't buzzing like it had been last time, but every store was wide open, every employee happy to receive them. The two spent the first few hours browsing as planned, and before long, they'd secured most of what they thought they might need for the trip. Friendly clothing-store attendants treated them like VIP's, showing them the best and newest merchandise. A few flirted shamelessly with them both -- especially Lenore, whose outfit caught eyes wherever she went -- but none overstepped any boundaries. They had plans already, after all.

"Yep, definitely like this place better when we're not in such a rush to leave," Lenore quipped as she and Ben checked out at a dimly-lit, alternative-styled boutique whose atmosphere smelled pleasantly of incense. A friendly attendant -- a black girl whose buzzed hair was dyed a striking red -- had eagerly helped out when Lenore had asked how one might merge East African stylings with a goth aesthetic; the result was a selection of tops, skirts, and shorts that would suit the heat and make a statement. The same girl now bagged their purchases while her co-worker rang them up at the register.

"Look at you," Ben ribbed Lenore. "From klepto to shop-a-holic. Bet you couldn't have predicted that."

Lenore rolled her eyes at him playfully. "Shut up, you." She snatched up a pair of bags and sauntered toward the exit, hips swaying. "Now, c'mon. There's three more stores I wanna hit before lunch."

The store attendant gave Ben a knowing look. "Good boyfriend," she commented with a wink as he took up the remaining bags. He chuckled and nodded back, then wished her well before heading out after Lenore. He had to put a spring in his step to catch up to his white-haired girlfriend as she hurried toward the next store. Perhaps he'd created a monster, letting her have her run of such a luxe shopping center. Not that he could complain; he knew she was having the time of her life.

After the next shops doubled their haul, they slowed down a bit; with plenty more time to kill before their rendezvous with Claudia, Ben and Lenore settled for a leisurely walk together along the concourse. One-on-one, and enjoying each other's company, they savored the opportunity to chat.

"Thanks for bringing me here," Lenore spoke as they passed by the wide glass windows of an outdoor store. "I mean, the shopping's fun. But I kind of like this, too. Just me and you. Not that there's anything wrong with the others. I love all our group play. But..."

"Yeah," Ben agreed. He shifted the bags he carried to one hand so he could slide his other arm around her waist. "Sometimes nothing beats a classic date."

"Heh. Look at us. A couple bracelet-wielding sex cultists, with a posse of six other girls we can get busy with any time we like. And here we are, a total cliche: out on a date at the mall like ordinary people."

"Not boring you, am I?"

"Hardly." Lenore squeezed him back with a contented sigh. "Like I said, I love that we can just go out and be normal, too."

"Same here."

Ben's fingers drifted along the slim girl's arm, settling on her bracelet -- and, as if on cue, she spoke up about it. "You know, I was wondering. About this. Zawadi mentioned there were some pretty nasty people using it before I came along. People who took advantage of all this good luck and power and did... really horrible things." Her expression grew troubled; Ben sought to comfort her with a reassuring stroke of his fingers along her forearm. "I... well, I was just wondering if it's our duty as as devotees to do better."

"By spreading positive energy? Sure; that's a bit like a duty."

"Well, yeah, but I meant..." Lenore glanced at him, as if unsure how to phrase what she wanted to say next. "What if there are other people out there abusing magic? What if people like us are the only ones who can stop them from exploiting people and ruining lives?"

Ben thought for a moment. In a way, he hadn't considered that before. He'd been preoccupied enough just fucking around with the amazing fortune he'd stumbled into, but now that his girlfriend had mentioned it, he couldn't deny there might be nobler things they could, should do. Had he been lax, just reveling in his power without doing anything for the greater good with it? No; the answer was almost automatic. He recalled Zawadi's words about how much good he was doing. How important the gifts of companionship, intimacy, and love could be -- and how much happiness he and his lovers had found together because of it.

All the same, though, he found himself troubled in a newfound way by Lenore's suggestion. Was there more they could be doing with this magic they'd found? Would Zawadi disapprove if they did nothing to stop any possible wrongdoing -- especially if others with magical bracelets were behind it? He felt a chill down his spine as he realized he couldn't be sure.

Of course, he also understood that he didn't have to answer the question on his own.

"We can always find out from the goddess herself," he told Lenore.

No sooner had he voiced the concern than Zawadi's presence edged into his consciousness. He hadn't even needed to ask overtly; his all-knowing patron had sensed his intent. Letting the African goddess into his mind, he felt her warm personage like a lover's embrace. He smiled inwardly, then calmly focused his mind, surrendering to the telepathic communication.

"There you are," he greeted her gladly.

"Lovely to drop back in so soon," she teased, then turned fast to the matter at hand. "Noble, too, that you're contemplating such matters. It's a worthwhile concern. The world is full of magic and wonder, but also with greed and selfishness and willful destruction. And magic like ours can fall into the hands of evildoers just as easily as it can end up with worthy bearers.

"It's not my role to tell you whether or not to interfere. I am your patron, but never your commander -- and never would I ask any devotee of mine to put themselves in the face of danger. It saddens me to see evil done in this world, doubly so if it leverages my magic for its ends. But I will not call you to fight as my champions against such abusers. Such will never be your expectation or duty.

"You know the best way to make use of the gifts I've granted you: by bringing joy and pleasure to the deserving lovers around you. Be shining beacons of my love. And, if you truly wish to combat those who would abuse magic, then do so. I will joyfully cheer you on and aid you in your causes, whatever you decide they are: vanquishing the wicked, helping the needy, or simply enjoying that which you're blessed with. It is your choice, my darlings, and no choice made from a heart full of joy and positivity is a wrong one to me."

Zawadi's energy and words sank into Ben like a tonic. He felt fortified by her guidance. Lenore, too, had heard and understood the goddess's wisdom. Ben saw her eyes soften and her shoulders loosen as she let her concern go.

"Thank you," she said, not outwardly but internally. Ben heard her telepathic voice in his mind, just as clearly as the goddess's reply.

"Of course, child," Zawadi's voice came. "My counsel is always just a thought away. Don't feel afraid to reach out whenever you need me -- for guidance, for pleasure, or for anything in between."

"Will do, Zawadi," Lenore intoned with a smile.

Ben met his pale girlfriend's eyes; his response was just as much to her as it was to his patron deity. "And if we ever run into anyone abusing magic, we'll do what we can. We might not be warriors or superheroes, but we've got one hell of a power on our side. And... what was it that a certain other guy named Ben said? With great power..."

"Comes great responsibility," Lenore finished, grinning knowingly.

"I like that," Zawadi commented, with pride and joy in her voice. "Your decision is an honorable one. Perhaps there will come a time when you will find a cause greater than yourselves. Know that my gifts will be there to support you in great measure if you do choose to take it up. Now..." He sensed Zawadi's smile. "I'll leave you two lovebirds be. Take care of each other, and keep me in your hearts. My energy is with you always."

With that, her presence began to ebb from their minds -- but before she was gone, Lenore's eyes widened and she let out a quick, mental cry of "Wait!"

"Ah -- one more thing, darling?" Zawadi asked.

Lenore blushed sheepishly; Ben squeezed her hand, letting her know that whatever she wanted to ask the goddess was all right by him. Her mind-speak came with a little embarrassed tremble, reminding him almost of the way he'd seen fans ask questions to celebrity guests at conventions.

"Erm, since we're here talking and all, I... had a little question, if you don't mind. About this way we're talking. Telepathy. Can we do this all the time? I mean, not just with you, Zawadi -- with each other, too. Like, if I wanted to talk to Eleni or Shaheen or any of the others like this, from a distance, could I?"

Ben could tell that his girlfriend's shy, almost geeky curiosity amused the African goddess. Her answer came, light and pleasant like a motherly laugh. "Oh, of course. With my power flowing through you, and your deep bonds as lovers, it's an ability you can certainly all share amongst yourselves. No need for me as an intermediary. Here; allow me to show you how."

Both felt a sudden warmth spread over their minds. As if the goddess were tinkering with their neural wiring, installing a firmware update in their brains, they felt new capabilities opening up to them. Instructions took form, instantly grasped: a simple process, as easy as thinking or breathing. Zawadi had just unlocked telepathy on demand for them -- and it felt to both as though it had always been there.

"Oh, wow," Lenore gasped. "It's that easy?"

"It is now," the goddess replied. "It won't take more than a thought. Use it with love -- and enjoy."

A psychic goodbye brushed their minds like a kiss before Zawadi's presence fluttered away, leaving this time without interruption. Ben and Lenore looked at each other and beamed, eyes glittering with excited anticipation at their newly-granted skill.

"Okay," Lenore spoke with wonder. "Didn't even mean to just... wish for it like that. Thought it would at least take some kind of Jedi mind training. Turns out not, huh?"

"Having a goddess on our side makes most things pretty easy, yeah," Ben observed. "Though even I wouldn't have thought to ask for telepathy. Guess I can thank you for this one."

"Don't mention it," Lenore replied with a coy grin. "Just thought it'd be nice to be able to keep in touch while we're apart. Hm... should I try it? Give Eleni a poke, maybe?"

"Go for it," Ben encouraged. "In fact, let's reach out together."

They joined minds, the connection forming organically and instantly. Ben felt the welcome warmth of Lenore's energy as it entered his consciousness and linked with his own -- and then, with a sort of mental keystroke both seemed to know by instinct, they sent their thoughts out, seeking Eleni.

It took no time at all. They knew they'd made contact as soon as they felt an answering psychic pulse of energy, instantly recognizable as the heiress's familiar psyche. "Eleni?" Ben intoned.

"Ben! Ah, I can hear you!" Eleni's voice came as clear as if she'd spoken aloud, miles away from them as she was. "I was actually wondering if you might reach out this way. I felt something turn over in my mind a minute ago... like a little epiphany. I had a feeling that might have been your doing."

"Nice intuition," Lenore lauded. "Zawadi just turned on telepathy for us. How's that for a neat trick? No more need for texts or phone calls. Just totally private mind-waves."

"Ah, if that doesn't make me feel like a spy," Eleni slyly observed. "Mm, not to mention the naughty things we can say to each other in public now, with no one being the wiser..." Ben and Lenore glanced at each other, already getting ideas -- then laughed, and continued walking, keeping the psychic call going as they moved on. "Still out shopping?" Eleni asked them.

"At the mall, yeah. Turns out Lenore's a real spendthrift," Ben teased playfully. "Here on our first shopping trip, and we've got enough bags to fill a closet." Lenore stuck her tongue out at him; he returned the gesture, and for a brief moment he sensed Eleni's laughter through their psychic connection. "Oh, and I think we're doing lunch with the hottie who drove us here."

"The car service is to your liking, then, I take it?"

"Very." Lenore spoke up in a sultry tone. "We'll be sure to give you all the juicy details."

"We'll head back to the estate before long," Ben chimed in. "We'll give you a telepathic ping when we're on our way."

"Suits me. Have a pleasant lunch, you two. I look forward to hearing all about it -- as well as anything else you might get up to while you're out." The hints of sensuality in Eleni's tone made them both grin. "Until then. Enjoy yourselves."

"Bye for now," Ben and Lenore thought in tandem, and their minds unlinked from each other, bringing them back fully to their concrete reality at the mall. They both felt the slightest of psychic echoes afterward: Eleni's aura lingering like a pleasant afterthought, as if to confirm they had indeed shared telepathic communication with the Frenchwoman back home.

"Well, that was something," the white-haired girl said aloud. "Can't believe I just had a conversation in my head."

"Kinda feeling the same," Ben admitted. "This is going to have tons of uses."

"I'll admit, I've always fantasized about having the power to do this kind of stuff with my mind." She gave a shrug and a chuckle. "Well, I've fantasized about a lot of things, but..."

Ben slid his arm back around her waist, lightly brushing his fingers along her side as they walked. "Don't need to tell me that. Especially not when our fantasies are coming true left and right lately."

"Speaking of fantasies... think it's time to get ready for lunch with Claudia? Before I'm tempted to shop us broke?" She pointed out at a window display of leather purses and jackets, teasingly indicating the expensive price tags.

"Broke? Now, that's one prospect that couldn't come true if we tried." Ben pecked her cheek; she snuggled into him happily. "Sounds good, though. Think it's almost one."

Lenore nudged her shoulder toward the food court ahead of them. "Onward, then."

***

Claudia had waited patiently in the parking lot, listening to light music over the Mercedes' high-quality stereo and thinking about the interaction she'd had with the attractive young passengers she'd dropped off earlier. Oh, they'd been naughty back there. Not that they'd acted overtly lewd while the car was in motion, but the way they'd eyed each other and her in the rearview told her everything she needed to know.

As a professional driver for a luxury car service, her role was usually just to be dutiful and invisible, if not pretty to look at. An accessory, really, rather than a companion ever desired for her personality. Clients seldom talked to her beyond initial formalities. Most were polite and courteous, but never asked about her opinions or feelings any more than they would have asked the car itself. Occasionally, some would rant or overshare, explaining their stresses or their day in detail as if she ought to care. She'd come to think this typical of wealthy business types, really: selfish, obnoxious, seeing her as little more than a thoughtless, pretty thing that drove them here and there.