Love Around the World 04: Dresden

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"From the little I know, he's been in the UK for well over ten years. The file I have is more about everything he's done for the company rather than what makes him tick as a person." She took a deep breath. "Right, I'm just going to make a couple of phone calls. Let me know as soon as you see him."

Smoothing down her skirt once she was settled back in her comfortable leather chair, she focused on a couple of emails and read a couple of reports. The facility was barely a couple of weeks away from coming fully into operation. Mark would be overseeing that process before focusing on his usual role. She did wonder what he would think and how he would handle having a woman as his boss. It wasn't anything usual, but some men were still dinosaurs when it came to certain views.

"Kristin, Mark has just come strolling in. No hat but he's already smiling and swapping handshakes..."

Rising to her feet, she opened the door as he came strolling towards her door. She could only guess at his height. Over six-foot though probably only by an inch or two. Broad of shoulder but not overly muscular otherwise, at least not on first appearance. Brown hair he kept rather short. And a pair of blue eyes that sparkled when his eyes met hers.

"Mein Gott," Charlotte whispered next to her, "Look out Dresden. There's some new honey in town."

"Behave, Charlotte," she murmured.

Mark stopped a couple of paces before her, an easy smile on his face. Offering his hand, she grasped it, thankful he didn't hold her hand too tightly. "G'day," he stated with a chuckle, "Or should I say good morning?" he finished in German.

She heard the slight tinge of an Australian accent even when speaking German. That surprised her, thinking he would have lost it after spending so long overseas. "It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Mark. We've heard many great things about you, and look forward to working together," she replied in English.

He blinked at her in surprise for a second before chuckling. "Guess I should have expected perfect English," he said, realising he was still holding her hand and letting it go, "What's the usual choice in here?"

"We usually speak German. I understand you are fluent?"

"Mother was German. Grandparents were born here, moved to Australia and moved back here a few years ago. I grew up bilingual."

Stepping aside, she gestured to her office. "Come on in, Mark. I guess we really should get to know each other before we start. Charlotte, if anyone important calls, put them through. Otherwise, just take a message and I'll call them back later."

"No problem, boss."

Sitting opposite him, he was glancing around her office. It was nothing special as she still needed to add touches that made it her own. The walls were too bare for her liking. Typically German, more functional than anything else. His blue eyes met her hazel and he noticeably relaxed, a slight smile on her face, perhaps wondering if he was finding her anywhere near attractive.

Don't think like that, she admonished herself in her mind. My being attractive to him means nothing in this setting. As long as he does the job, and I can guide him where necessary, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter that I'm lonely, my marriage was a disaster, and moving to Dresden was just a means of escaping everything else. At least I have my job.

That first conversation with him was pleasant enough. She asked about his history with the company, his previous roles, and how he'd come to be offered the position in Dresden. He spoke briefly about his private life. No, he was single. If he'd been with someone, he likely wouldn't have been able to move without someone ending up hurt by it. Yes, he was applying to become a German citizen, legally allowed to work thanks to the company sponsoring him.

"I think I only live a street or two away from you, from what I was told," he added.

"I did drive this morning, and I might do occasionally, but did you get the tram?"

"Yeah. I have a company car in the driveway, but I didn't really see the point. I'd rather get the tram."

"And what do you think of Dresden?"

"I visited a couple of months back and immediately thought it would be a lovely place to live. Can't fault the city centre and the new part of town is eclectic. I don't mind soccer so I can go catch a game if I want."

"They're nuts," she warned, "Fans of Dynamo Dresden have a bit of a reputation."

"I've read about that. I'll sit where I think it's safe. Other than that, I'll focus on my new role while taking advantage of living in a new country. I've only ever been to Berlin and Munich as a tourist and was in Frankfurt for work every so often. There are so many other cities, towns and other places I could visit. Being centre of Europe also offers chances to visit elsewhere too. Poland to the east, France to the west, Italy to the south."

"You've visited those areas before?"

"Did the likes of Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, and Barcelona when I was a lot younger and living as the typical backpacker. Cheap hostels and travel, spending all my money on alcohol and having a good time. Good memories, but I certainly couldn't do that anymore. Way too hectic."

"I think you'll love living not only in Dresden but in Germany. Granted, I'm biased because I've lived here all my life..."

"In Dresden?"

"Ah... No. Like you, I'm a recent arrival."

"Where were you from before?" That caused her to glance away as she felt a moment of pain that must have appeared on her face, despite promising herself she'd never show that it still hurt. "Sorry, I can only assume..."

Clearing her throat, she met his eyes, keeping her face blank. "Anyway, everything has been organised for your arrival." Rising to her feet, Mark did the same thing, following her to her door. "Ilse in Human Resources will certainly want to run through all the usual things they do on your first day."

"Kristin... I didn't mean..."

Resting a hand on his forearm, she ensured she was smiling. "I'm not upset, Mark. Or, at least, you didn't upset me. Today will be busy for you, and the first couple of days are bound to be intense. Once you're all set up on our network, I'll send you an invite. I'm thinking we meet away from here, and get to know each other over coffee. How does that sound?"

That smile formed again, and she couldn't help the flutter. She wondered if he did think she was attractive. She had brunette hair that she cut to just above her shoulders. Hazel eyes that might have looked a little bigger behind the frames of her glasses. She liked to think her nose was proportional and her lips were not too thin. Her bust was... Well, it was probably her best asset, or assets, as she always thought her arse was too small. She was always wearing a suit jacket with a blouse underneath, and never wore anything but skirts, even in the depths of winter. Thigh-high stockings when it was warm, thick pantyhose when it was cold. And heels. She always wore heels. Made her a little taller given she was only five-four without them.

But even if he found her attractive, she was his boss. And she was someone who tried not to fool around with someone at work. There were no rules against it, nothing written anyway, but if the relationship went wrong somehow, then it made everything awkward for the two people involved and usually for everyone else.

"I think it sounds great. I'm sure there are plenty of cafes in the city centre where we could grab a drink and enjoy a good chinwag."

She couldn't help but chuckle as there was no direct German translation for chinwag. Well, there was, but the English version was just so much better.

"I look forward to it, Mark." Offering her hand, he immediately grasped it again. "It was lovely to finally meet you."

"You too, Kristin. Hope this all works out for us."

Walking back into her office, she'd barely sat down when Charlotte walked in, shutting the door and leaning back against it. "Oh. My. God," she exclaimed in English, "Was he hot? Or was he hot? I mean, are all Australian men like him, just sex on legs? Think he'd jump on a German girl with a bit of meat on her bones?"

"Aren't you married?"

"I am. Doesn't mean I can't fantasise about the hunk who will be working only three doors down from you. Promise you'll send me on errands to him a few times a day."

"I might have to ensure your clothing is appropriate from now on."

"I'm not going to go and flash him my tits..." She smirked and giggled to herself. "Well, not the whole breasts. Tasteful cleavage though..."

"You're incorrigible."

"My husband is going to be wondering what's going on tonight when I drag him into the bedroom as soon as he walks in the door."

Charlotte did drop a couple of post-it notes on her desk from people who called while she was talking to Mark. And her mentioning sex just reminded Kristin that it had been over a year since she'd been intimate with a man. After the collapse of her marriage and the betrayal of three people she trusted, she couldn't bring herself to even consider being with a man. Then she'd slept with her best friend only for him to reveal his true nature. He'd simply been hovering to get his chance, and once he had her in bed, he ghosted her.

Arriving home to her empty townhouse that evening, she resisted the temptation to hit the bottle of wine chilling in the fridge. She'd consumed far too much of that, and beer, and schnapps, and vodka, in the months after everything fell apart. She pretty much survived on alcohol and street food. Little wonder her health took a nosedive until her doctor pretty much told her to straighten out or she wouldn't see fifty. She didn't cut it out completely but now drank in moderation, and visits to the gym had helped her shed some pounds. Now she just focused on eating right as she enjoyed seeing the curves on her body.

Heading to bed that night, she spent at least an hour tossing and turning before realising she couldn't sleep because she was aroused. Closing her eyes, she allowed her mind to wander, and it went straight to the new man in the building. When she touched herself, she couldn't believe just how aroused she was. Still in her early thirties, her libido had always been somewhat high. She didn't crave sex constantly, but she did love sex. All of it. Foreplay. The act itself. Various other acts that are considered sexual.

Now she had to resort to masturbation and a drawer of toys in her nightstand that certainly got plenty of use.

She didn't see much of Mark over the next couple of days, aware he'd been incredibly busy. But she was already receiving the occasional email from him as he proved to know what he was doing, with plenty of ideas popping into his head. It made her smile because at least it proved he was the right man for the job. Didn't stop her sighing to herself that he might have been perfect had he not been working directly for her.

Given their meeting was for the morning, she suggested to him that they both work from home and meet at the café at around 11am. He sent her a message back, asking if they'd travel together or if they'd meet there. She was planning on heading elsewhere to work, so suggested they travel separately.

Walking into the café at 11am, she couldn't help smiling when he was already there waiting. Standing up to greet her, she could only hope she didn't blush when he kissed her lightly on the cheek. "We're in Europe though if it's frowned upon..."

"Greet everyone like that?" she wondered.

"I do, and then say the same thing. If they like it, I'll do it. If not..."

"Charlotte?"

That made him laugh out loud. "Yes, her... Let's call it her interest is rather blunt. I see the ring on her left hand though, so I take it as flirting. Very direct flirting, but I don't mind."

"I can ask her to back off..."

"Not at all. It's harmless. Makes me smile."

After ordering their drinks, and making him laugh by stating the company would be picking up the tab, they spent a couple of hours discussing work, but they did step into their personal lives once again. She was simply curious to see what made him tick as a person, and his interest in her in return did make her smile. He avoided any hint of previous relationships, seeming to realise what had upset her the first time they met, but after a couple of hours, she thought that she knew him a bit better while he seemed to like her as his boss at least.

It was a productive meeting from both a professional and personal standpoint. He had such a relaxed air about him that it set her at ease immediately. She knew Australians had a reputation for being rather laid-back people and Mark was certainly that, though she'd already heard from others that he was a bloody hard worker, willing to get stuck in when required. He might wear a pressed shirt and trousers, but apparently, he had no problem getting his hands dirty.

She was getting ready to leave on Friday evening, one of the last in the building as always, when Mark popped his head in to wish her goodnight. "What are your plans tonight?" she asked.

"Nothing at the moment. It's weird being far away from all my mates. I intend to find ways of making friends eventually. Maybe darts or something..."

"I'm thinking that once we have a full staff that we can organise a company picnic or something. But I was also thinking of a night out for those who have been here since the start. I was thinking maybe next Friday or Saturday for the night out, and then maybe a month or so for the picnic."

"Barbecue? Could do a German-themed Aussie one?"

That made her laugh. "Would you want to operate the grill?"

"I know Germans love their bratwurst. Get a thousand different varieties, tap a couple of kegs of beer, and it'll be golden."

"I'll definitely give it some thought."

"What about you?" he wondered, "Any plans for tonight?"

"None whatsoever. A bottle of wine, probably a kebab..."

"Yeah, I don't get that. Germans eat kebabs for dinner. In Australia, kebabs are eaten after drinking a skinful of beer. Generalising, of course..."

"It's been a long week, so I don't mind going home to just relax. I'm hoping to get my garden sorted out over the weekend. Might do a little work as there's still so much to do before we're fully operational."

"If you have anything, make sure to flick it towards me. I'm always available to lend an ear."

That made her smile as she was glad to hear of his support. "Thanks, Mark. If I have anything on my mind, I'll definitely send you an email."

"Or just call. I probably won't be doing much so can always chat."

"I might just do that. Have a good weekend, Mark."

"You too, Kristin. I'll see you early on Monday morning."

Heading home a little later, she stopped at a supermarket to grab a few supplies before stopping at a kebab shop for dinner, hopping onto a tram that would take her home. She'd grown used to arriving home to an empty house after the collapse of her marriage and her life in general. Flicking on the news and business channel, she slowly chewed at her dinner while nursing a glass of wine.

With her laptop on the coffee table, she thought it was rather sad that she was still doing work even at home. When her phone beeped to notify her of a message, she was left wondering who would be texting her. Very few friends had remained in touch with her. Family? Not a chance. They'd burned every bridge possible.

It was a message from Mark.

If you ever need a friendly ear to talk, just give me a call. Send me a text. Even a note on a carrier pigeon.

It was such a simple thing but it near enough made her burst into tears. She knew he was simply being friendly. He was no doubt the sort of guy who would consider at least some co-workers good friends at the same time. She tried not to wear everything that happened to her on her face and body language, but there were still times every single day when a memory would surface, and it caused a pang of regret, a moment of anger, or just general heartache.

And he no doubt knew that she was lonely. She wondered if he was feeling lonely too, far away from all his friends and family, in a foreign country. Even though he could speak the language, he barely knew anyone though from what Charlotte knew, he was already putting everyone at ease.

K: I'm okay. But thank you for the message. It's nice to know that you care.

M: Even when I was travelling when I was younger, there were days it would be difficult, I'd think about packing in and going home. The offer is for both home and at work.

K: I do need a sounding board sometimes.

M: And that's where I come in!

K: What are you up to now?

M: Sitting back drinking a beer, watching a sport from back home. Rugby league. Don't get to see many games.

K: I've heard of it but know nothing about it. Do you watch soccer?

M: Eh... I'll go to a game though it's not really my thing. Checked out Dynamo Dresden. Might go one day.

K: I'll look into tickets as I always enjoyed going to games when I was a little girl.

She was about to mention her father but figured she better not mention her family. She knew that he'd find out one day the whole story, why she'd been left completely broken. She knew that she would never really get over the betrayal of so many people in her life, and even after the truth came out, by the time they approached with their apologies, it was too late. Maybe it was pride and ego, but she couldn't find it in herself to forgive anyone after it all came out.

Heading upstairs for bed later, she stripped until she was standing naked before the mirror. Her breasts were large, and she was thankful they had not dropped too far down her chest considering she was a D-cup, verging on an E-cup nowadays. Her stomach wasn't flat like it had once been, her body soft as any gym work had been about losing weight, not particularly toning up. Her hips were a little wide, and when she turned sideways, she knew she now had a great arse. That had firmed up a little bit. Great legs.

Between her legs, she had once kept herself shaven completely. As soon as she was single, she let it grow and now had quite a little bush growing though still kept parts of it trimmed. Sometimes she didn't see the point, but she didn't want a jungle down there.

Her libido had dropped completely during those months after her life fell apart, but thankfully, it returned after she moved away and started anew. And ever since meeting Mark, she'd been feeling almost constantly aroused.

"Fuck it," she muttered, "I'm just going to do it and think about him while doing it."

After more than a couple of orgasms, lying on her side as she hugged one of her pillows, she felt herself blushing and knew she wouldn't be able to meet his eyes on Monday morning as she'd moaned his name constantly.

And she knew the same thing was going to happen on Saturday and Sunday night. There was a small part of her that wondered if there was a chance that he'd ever end up in bed with her, cuddling against him instead of a pillow. It was a thought that made her smile before she drifted off to sleep.

*****

Mark

Charlotte made me laugh every single time I would pop in to see Kristin about something as one of her hands always ended up stroking my arm or even resting on my chest. I didn't mind if she was a little touchy-feely. I thought her confidence was a good thing as she was a curvy thing, and I reckoned she was actually happily married as she was always jovial and smiling.

"Are you coming tonight?" he asked her.

"I'll come for a nibble and a stein, but my husband works long hours, so we always make sure we spend Friday to Sunday night together."

"As long as most people behave themselves."