Love Around the World 08: Hungary

Story Info
A brother and sister connect during a European holiday.
14.5k words
4.73
8.1k
23

Part 8 of the 26 part series

Updated 01/30/2024
Created 11/24/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,066 Followers

A/N - I'll be honest in that when I first planned on this series of stories that I didn't intend on writing any stories for this category. But given that I'm writing at least one story for most categories I've written a story for on at least one previous occasion, I figured I might as well write at least one in this category too.

Previous stories in this series:

Love Around the World - Andorra (Mature)

Love Around the World - Bangkok (Interracial)

Love Around the World - Colombia (Transgender)

Love Around the World - Dresden (Romance)

Love Around the World - Estonia (Group Sex)

Love Around the World - France (Anal)

Love Around the World - Guangzhou (Interracial)

Australian / British standard English. There is a good chance of reading the following: lots of profanity, characters drinking, typos, and bad grammar at times.

Proofreading and editing suggestions provided by OhDave1. Any mistakes are still mine.

Comments are appreciated as always.

Feedback by email is always welcome. Enjoy chatting with anyone who likes my work.

*****

A brother and sister connect during a European holiday.

*****

Living in London as a single early thirty-something male wasn't all that bad. I had a small group of friends I spent most of my time with. I had the occasional short-term fling with a girl I would meet either on a dating app or I'd meet them somewhere while I was out. While I was focused on my career, I also ensured I took advantage of my place in the world by taking a trip to Europe at least twice a year, heading towards the Mediterranean in the summer, and then taking advantage of the cold in the winter by heading somewhere that snow might fall.

I'd left Australia behind when I was twenty-two. After graduating high school just as I turned eighteen, I spent three years studying the sort of degree that would help me into the sort of job I would want when arriving in London. Before departing Australia, I'd worked my arse off while I was at university, worked part-time while I was studying to build up my savings, and then went straight into the workforce as soon as I graduated, saving money hand over first as I remained living at home, giving my parents a reasonable weekly rent to help cover bills.

I only told them of my intention to leave Australia for the United Kingdom after I'd organised my flights, my potential job, and my visa and taken care of everything else required. I obviously left my parents quite shocked when I sat down for dinner that evening. I'd timed the announcement for the night my older sister was over for dinner.

Thankfully the useless prick she married to wasn't there.

Oh... Yeah... My older sister was the main reason why I was choosing to leave and basically base myself on the other side of the world. The further I was away, the easier it would be to deal with the fact that I was head over heels in love with the one woman I could never have. My parents probably didn't know. I doubt she had a clue. When we'd been growing up, we were ever so close despite the four-year age gap between us.

"Are you sure about this?" my mother asked, understandably upset by the revelation that I'd be leaving within the month.

"Of course," I replied, "I wouldn't have gone to all this hassle, getting together all the documents required, just to change my mind at the last minute. I've been saving like mad for at least the past six years. My company has helped me put out feelers with businesses in the United Kingdom. I have at least half a dozen interviews lined up, and three companies seem to be vying for my signature."

"Do you need anything before you go?" my father wondered.

"Just a lift to the airport on the day I fly out. I'm hoping you'll come and see me off."

"It's just... We had no idea you wanted to go," my mother stated. I realised I'd upset her, getting up off my chair and giving her a cuddle. "It's your own life, Mark. I know that. It's just... You're my little boy..."

"Not so little anymore, Mum," Katie stated, smiling at me, "How tall are you now, little brother?"

"Tall enough that I tower over you now."

That last month was a little awkward as my mother was understandably upset at the thought I was leaving. My father was supportive in the sense that he knew I was only doing this as it was an ambition I'd obviously had. I'd mentioned a few times while growing up that I wanted to go and see the world. As for Katie, I didn't see her all that often, especially after she married the complete loser her husband was. I'd never liked him, and it was difficult not to give my honest opinion most of the time.

Dad drove to the airport. I think Katie had the good sense to not invite her husband along as she sat beside me in the backseat, Mum in the front next to my father. I'd never said a word to Katie about my thoughts and feelings about her husband and would never in a million years confess my feelings for her. That sort of thing would only lead to me being disowned by my family, my sister recoiling in horror, and I'd probably end up on the other side of the world anyway.

Dad shook my hand and wrapped on arm around me as we wished each other well. Mum hugged me tightly as she cried. She didn't ask me not to go or anything, not laying a guilt trip on me. She was genuinely happy I was doing something exciting, but I knew she was going to miss me. When it came to Katie, she moulded herself against me, head resting on my chest underneath my chin. She was a tiny thing compared to me now that I'd hit my early twenties.

"I'll miss you," she whispered, "I miss how close we used to be."

I grunted without really saying anything. I missed her like crazy, I would miss her like crazy, but I simply couldn't sit by and watch her with the moron she was married to.

"I miss that too... I'll make sure I keep in touch."

"Calling might be awkward at times. Emails. Text messages. Just keep us up to date with everything you're doing."

Leaning back, I met her blue eyes, sparkling behind the lenses of her glasses. She usually wore contacts but always wore her glasses when around me. She knew it was something I liked on a woman. I thought they made a woman even sexier. "You'll be okay?"

"I'll be just fine, Mark. Trust me."

After one last hug with my mother, I picked up my cases and walked through to security, glancing back one final time to wave before I joined the line. I was waiting near the gate to start boarding when my phone buzzed in my pocket, opening it up to see Katie had sent me a message. It simply said 'I love you' with a big red heart next to it.

The next ten years or so passed rather quickly in the grand scheme of things. I worked my arse off and was making money hand over first. I managed to buy my own apartment on the outskirts of London, near enough to a tube station that I didn't ever need to think about buying a car. I travelled as often as I could. I made friends with a few Australians in my early years though built relationships with the locals and also with the myriad of different nationalities who came to the United Kingdom in search of a better life.

I split my travelling between doing it solo and doing it with a small group of friends. I would usually solo to places I knew probably wouldn't interest my friends as I'd arrived in Europe with a long list of places I wanted to visit, and I knew I had a lot of time to see them. I usually travelled with friends when there was some sort of event on, such as Oktoberfest in Munich, and La Tomatina (Food Fight Festival) which takes place every year near Valencia in Spain. I attended a couple of motor races rather quickly to quench my thirst for all things petrol - Formula One at Silverstone, MotoGP at Assen in the Netherlands. The latter also included a day or two in Amsterdam where I tried weed for the first time. Whether I took in the delights of the Red Light District remains a secret between my friends and me.

By the time I hit thirty, I'd been living in London for nearly a decade. My career was going fantastically well. Sure, each promotion came with more responsibility, usually requiring longer hours of working, but making six figures after tax in London guarantees a rather comfortable lifestyle.

During my time away, Katie had never flown over to see me. She hadn't started a family with her husband. From what I was able to learn, not all had been rosy during the entire time I'd been away. She never told me much, but my mother did spill that they were rarely happy together and seemed to spend half their marriage in some form of counselling.

Mum and Dad did come over and visit me twice, at least. The first time, they stayed with me in London for a week before taking off on a riverboat cruise. The second time, they stayed with me for a week again before taking off on month-long bus tour. I flew home twice to visit the family at the same time. Catching up with friends and family was wonderful, but I noticed that Katie would only see me a few times, never with her husband, and it was sad that our relationship just seemed nothing like it used to be.

I was thirty-two years old, my sister thirty-six, when things changed.

*****

I was woken by the sound of my phone ringing. I rarely put it on silent as I was required to be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Groaning as I opened only one eye to look at the screen when I noticed it was a picture of my sister and her name, I was immediately alert as in the entire time I'd been overseas, she'd never called me at 3am in the morning.

"Hello," I said.

"Mark... It's me..."

"I know it's you, Katie. What's up? I'm not going to say anything about the time, I know you'd only call..." She started to cry, and I knew it was bad. "Katie... It's me. What's wrong?"

"Can I come see you?"

"What?"

"Can I come see you? I need to leave him. He's..." There was silence before she whispered, "You were right about him. I need to get away. It's not enough to go see Mum and Dad. He'll be relentless when I leave him. I'm scared, Mark."

"Call the police..."

"His best friend is a copper... He used to be one. He'll be protected. They'll make it go away for him."

"Friends? Surely Sally or..."

"I haven't seen any of them in over a year. He forced them away from me, Mark..." I remained silent as it sounded as bad as it could be. "Mark, are you there?"

"Has he touched you, Katie?" Her silence spoke volumes and I felt the anger rise. I was ten thousand miles away. "Okay, that answers that question. Katie, do you have a valid passport?"

"Yes... I always keep it current."

"If I were to buy you a ticket, can you get away?"

"He's made me give up work... I'm scared that he has the house watched while he's at work. But I think maybe... Maybe if I get Mum and Dad..."

"Have you told them anything?"

"I don't want to frighten them."

"Hmmm... I think you might have to do that. So going to the police is out?"

"He's an ex-copper, Mark. They'll close ranks and protect him. They always protect their own. They'll convince me that I'm delusional, making it up... You know they talk the talk but it's all bullshit."

"Okay, what you need to do is this. Get your passport, take a photo of it, and send it to me. I'll book you a ticket for tomorrow. First flight out. Don't care where it's via, just that you'll get to London ASAP. Don't pack a big bag, we'll buy everything you need. Do you have money?"

"Not much. He gives me a small stipend each week that I'm meant to buy groceries and other essentials with."

"Jesus, Katie. Does Dad know?"

"He'll get involved and then he'd just find himself hurt."

"How often do you see them?"

"Not as often as I used to. They know something isn't right, but I have to act 'proper' when I'm with them. If he even gets an inkling that I'm telling them something isn't right, he'll ensure I'm cut off from them completely."

"Okay, call Dad when you get off the line. Don't go into detail but let him know you're flying out tomorrow if not the day after, Sydney time. I'll buy the quickest flight to London possible. All you need is your passport for now. We'll sort out everything else you need when you get here. Just get to the airport safely."

"He's not home so I can start preparing now. I'll send you my passport details in a minute."

"The most important thing until you fly out is to stay safe. Do you play the loving wife?"

"God no. He knows I hate him. I think he gets off on it that I hate him as much as I do."

"Don't change your behaviour. Don't give him an inkling."

"I'll try not to, but I'm scared, Mark. He's pushed me to the edge more than once."

"I'm sorry I'm not there, Katie."

"Not your fault. You're living your own life, but I know that you're the only one I can now rely on. You're the safety net I need."

"Katie... I love you and I want you to be safe. Get off the phone now, start making preparations. I'll have the flight details with you as soon as I can. Money isn't an issue. It will cost what it costs. You'll be flying Business Class if I can manage to get a ticket for that class because I want you to enjoy the escape. I'll be waiting at either Heathrow or Gatwick, depending on where you land."

"I love you too, Mark. Thank you. I can't wait to see you."

Booking so last minute meant there were few options available, at least regarding flying on a reputable airline. Money was no object to me as all I wanted was for my sister to feel safe, and if that meant on the other side of the world to her husband, so be it. I eventually found the quickest flight available and bought a business-class ticket.

Katie noticed it was Business Class when I sent her the information and she immediately sent me a message about it. I assured her it was fine and told her to pack and get out of the house as soon as she was able. I knew she couldn't even go to our parents. I hadn't spoken to them about what was going on and Katie hadn't suggested that she'd spoken to them either.

I did spend the next twenty-four hours worrying about Katie even though we kept in near-constant contact. Thankfully I could work remotely so I stayed away from the office. When she let me know when she was at Sydney Airport, I felt a wave of relief, letting Katie know that I knew her arrival time and would be at Heathrow Airport to collect her.

Her flight would be one of the first to arrive in the United Kingdom, catching an early train from Paddington Station. Her flight had already landed by the time the train arrived at the correct terminal. I knew she'd be answering a few questions at passport control before collecting whatever luggage she'd brought along.

Seeing her appear through the doors, I saw her searching for me, weaving through the few people in front of me, our eyes meeting for a moment before she almost collapsed where she was standing. Striding towards her, I wrapped my arms around her as she sobbed into my shirt.

"You're safe now, Katie," I assured her.

"I only called Mum at the airport when I was sure he couldn't stop me. I didn't explain everything, I just told her that I was flying here to see you," she murmured.

"You're staying with me," I insisted gently, "I hate knowing... I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault, Mark."

Looking at the small bag by her side, I picked it up with my left hand, held her hand with my right and led her towards the train station. I had my Oyster card and bought her one from the newsagent that was near the gates as she explained there was now something similar back in Sydney. Things must have changed since I left as I still remember having to buy a ticket each day I would travel.

"Where in London do you live now?" she asked.

"I own an apartment in Wood Green. North London. I can't afford to live in certain areas of the city. Living in London is prohibitively expensive for most people."

"You've been doing well for yourself?"

"I'm a single guy living in London. Work long hours. Saved money like mad. Some good investments mean my nest egg keeps building. Let's me travel from time to time as I can choose to work remotely, but I've also told the bosses that if I go on holiday, I'm not taking work with me."

We were on the Piccadilly Line which would take us through the centre of London all the way to the Wood Green. Katie was falling asleep against me by the time we hit the likes of Leicester Square and Covent Garden, knowing I'd have to take her on a couple of tours of central London. Gently waking her up as we approached the station we needed to get off, I took her hand again as I led her towards the escalators, plenty more people heading in the opposite direction as it was peak hour in London.

Wood Green isn't the worst place to live in London. Isn't exactly the best either, but I lived there because the apartment I lived in was fantastic, a new building that had attracted plenty of like-minded professionals. The High Street was filling up with new shops and restaurants, and there was regeneration taking place that had occurred in numerous other London boroughs.

Entering my apartment, I watched Katie's face to see her reaction. The colours were neutral. I'd taken time to decorate the place, giving it a warm, homely feeling. I had no thoughts about selling the place as I knew it was somewhere I'd remain for many years to come. Living towards the top of the building, I also had a small balcony where I could see the new stadium of Tottenham Hotspur in the distance. Not that I was a soccer fan...

Showing her around, the living room was perhaps larger than she would have imagined. The kitchen was spacious and modern, my bedroom was a reasonable size, and in the past couple of days, I'd organised my second bedroom so it was somewhere she would feel at home.

"I've been out to buy plenty of things. New bedsheets and a thick quilt as the weather isn't particularly warm. If you want a shower, there's a towel in the bathroom for you, I've bought some feminine body wash, and I found a shampoo and conditioner you might like."

"Looking after me already?"

"You're going to be jetlagged to hell for the next couple of days. I'm staying home for at least a week or so while you take your time getting your bearings here. I reckon we'll probably have to head out and buy you some warmer clothes. We can do that this afternoon if you want to shower then take a nap. There's a dressing gown in the closet. It's nice and thick so you'll be warm when getting out of the shower."

"I guess I could do with a hot shower."

Before she departed for the shower, she gave me another cuddle. Holding her in my arms, I tried not to think about my own feelings though it was difficult as it was the first time that I'd seen my older sister in a few years. Leaning up to kiss my cheek, she leaned back enough to meet my eyes.

"Thank you for everything, Mark," she whispered.

"You're my sister, Katie. I would have flown home to help if necessary."

"I know you always disliked him."

"Oh, that dislike has now turned to pure hatred."

That made her chuckle. "I've hated the bastard for a long time now. But..." Her lower lip started to tremble, and I knew it would take time for the fear to subside, even on the other side of the world. Pulling her tight to my body, I felt her calm down. "You've been working out," she whispered, "You're only my little brother by age nowadays."

"Behave. Go have a shower and just let me know if you need a nap."

"Could you... Could you come cuddle me when I do take a nap?"

UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,066 Followers