All Comments on 'Love, Family, and Betrayal Ch. 04'

by TheDeepThinker

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Ok, she was abused and then raped by her husband. Followed by her Father and brothers, Yes, I understand that. But no way did her father and brother's not remember what they had done!

Being abused doesn't make you mentally retarded, all of a sudden. Her still wanting to get back with her abusive husband... and leaving it up to HIM to decide he doesn't want her... that's just fucked up! Plus, why the hell didn't she tell Logan about her being raped by her Husband, then father and brothers? A future relationship now based on lies, or withholding important information, is NOT going to be a good relationship.

She will constantly have nightmares and go into reflection mode and Logan will never know what's happening. He just thinks she still loves her husband!!! But for him to offer money to fund the bastard's Lawyer is totally ridiculous. The start of actions caused by her NOT telling Logan the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Number 2 is complete bullshit.

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinkerover 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous:

I give the source for a reason. Check the CDC for proof.

LenardSpencer:

As I mentioned, they were all quite drunk. People have woken up in the morning with no idea they caused multiple deaths from their drunk driving.

Trauma is complex and people deal with it in different ways. Melody hides it because of the stigma surrounding trauma, but she has slowly started opening up. Logan has already guessed it, though. I mention all of this in the story.

JustBobbinAlongJustBobbinAlongover 1 year ago

I loved this story, beautifully written and thought your adding resources for victims of abuse very appropriate. Thank you!

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinkerover 1 year agoAuthor

njstumpjumper:

Thanks for reading. Did you enjoy the other chapters as well?

JustBobbinAlong:

I'm glad you appreciated it and the dedication I included. My hope is that it will make a difference in someone's life. If it helps rescue even one person, all this trolling I've been forced to deal with will be worth it.

PandoraOnAWednesdayPandoraOnAWednesdayover 1 year ago

Dear Author, Thank you for the thoughtful consideration and the challenges that come to all parties involved face. This has been a lovely read in nuance and character development beyond what anything I expected. I love the daily facts and sources - the academic in me would love for a year associated with the publication of facts but that it's included at all is absolutely delightful.

To the person who thought that building a relationship without trauma bombing would be akin to starting a relationship on lies - no. Logan knows she went through something absolutely terrible and being able to talk about it takes time. Being able to accept that it happened, that fundamental trust was absolutely obliterated by those who were supposed to love and support you - never underestimate the emotional aspect of domestic violence (by partners and family). Leaving a DV relationship is dangerous, Cody being in jail pending charges is actually much safer for Melody.

Whether or not the family members remember what they did is immaterial - they did it. They could have been blackout drunk, they could be in complete denial, or they could simply have decided that they not acknowledging it would make it go away or figure that if they don't talk about it - they don't have to accept the consequences.

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinkerover 1 year agoAuthor

PandoraOnAWednesday

Thanks for your review and response to all the negative comments. It really helps, and I'm glad I met your expectations.

I'm glad you're able to appreciate the emotional aspects of this story, as well as how difficult dealing with abuse can be. That was the whole thesis this is meant to show: getting over abuse is not as simple as giving yourself a pep talk. It's damaging, and it takes time, effort, and help to begin healing. That's why Melody's defining character trait is her loyalty; it shows that victims of abuse are anything but weak. That was one of her deepest scars: the way the family she was so loyal to rewarded her only with pain. Melody was strong for enduring that, even if it was the wrong choice.

Melody's family will definitely be appearing down the road. My plan is for the shoe to be on the other foot: now it is Melody who has money while her father and brothers are desperate for help. Her struggle between her inherent loyalty to family, her desire to do the right thing, and the memory of the awful things they did to her will form a major part of her journey.

Sadly, after much thought, trolling, and advice from experienced authors, I have decided to stop with the daily facts for now. I may add them to my profile bio instead, so keep an eye out.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFire11 months ago

All in all, very well written and definitely some great erotica. I don’t understand why it’s in the category it’s in because it really should just be in romance. I’m only low grading because it feels massively unfinished.

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinker11 months agoAuthor

NovemberComingFire,

This chapter is in the Romance category, as will further chapters. By unfinished, do you mean it feels unpolished or the ending is too abrupt. If it's the later, that might be reasonable to some extent, but please keep in mind this isn't the last chapter.

ZephyrwhirlZephyrwhirl11 months ago

The emotion that you pour into your work is a credit to yourself. I think that it's a compliment to say that you ability to carry on several stories seemingly easily. 5 grateful stars on every chapter of this

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinker11 months agoAuthor

Zephyrwhirl

I'm humbled that you think I did so good. This series means the most to me because it tackles recovery from abuse, but it's been hard because of all the trolls who give me low scores. Thanks for voting!

woodwardwoodward8 months ago

Great series and very well done. Got to poke fun at fact #2, evidently the CDC has not been watching the news for a number of years!

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinker8 months agoAuthor

woodward,

Thanks for the compliments. For fact #2, the CDC doesn't watch the news. They rely on raw data. One reason crime in NYC seems higher than it really is because most media pundits (left and right) live in New York. Another factor is that 75% of New Yorkers don't own a car, which severely reduces traffic deaths for its population size.

You are welcome to find the CDC study yourself.

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Excellent series no matter how many times I've read it. Thank you for a worthy 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STAR story!

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinker8 months agoAuthor

RanDog025

That really means a lot. The Love, Family, and Betrayal series has always received low scores because it tries to subvert the common stereotypes of abuse, so it really helps when people say they enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why didn’t she tell him that her brothers and father raped her lots missing from what would’ve been good story

TheDeepThinkerTheDeepThinker3 months agoAuthor

Anonymous

Dealing with trauma is a complex, long-lasting process. While Melody will likely tell Logan in the future, she needs time. It's her choice when or if she wants to share the worst memories of her life.

I always love suggestions. If you have any you think would make this story better, please share them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheDeepThinker@TheDeepThinker
Software engineer (not programmer). I accept donations at https://buymeacoff.ee/thedeepthinker, but I prefer for people to donate to charities or organizations dedicated to helping domestic or sexual abuse victims.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES