All Comments on 'Love in a Flash'

by Vortinaut

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
VortinautVortinautover 1 year agoAuthor

The initial seed for this story was imagining what would happen if true love at first sight (not just infatuation) was really possible. To be more precise, what if all the brain chemistry and synaptic pathways associated with love could happen instantly? And the answer, of course, is that it would feel so alien that we wouldn't be able to recognize it for what it was, and it would just make us super horny. I don't know if that would really happen, but I figured it would make a good story.

The thing that kept me interested through the writing process is the fact that the story basically has no plot at all, and I wanted to see if I could make such a story a fun read, hopefully by carefully straddling (heyooo) the fine line between love and lust. That line is often quite blurry in stories like this, and I'm sure some readers will still find it boring, despite the characters definitely having an arc in some respects.

This is the first sexytimes story I've written in the third person. Usually I use second person to put the reader in the shoes of one of the characters, but this seemed like the kind of story where it was important that the viewpoint of both characters be shown equally. It was also a fun challenge to try to write from the female perspective.

Bonus points if you caught all six of my subtle pop culture references (jk, they're not that subtle).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVortinaut@Vortinaut
Hi everyone! Vortinaut here. I've been a big fan of Literotica and its awesome community for many years. Also a big fan of reading, and writing, and sex, and porn, and reading porn, and writing porn. I guess you could say I'm a long time reader, long time writer, first time ...