All Comments on 'Love In The 1950s - Ch. 01'

by P_G_Westergarth

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

A Preliminary copy of "Fellatio for Dummies" perhaps? Very nice vignette. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No.

Jaydean409Jaydean409over 1 year ago

Nice!! She needs to continue down the road to spotty!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic start

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Has potential. Let’s see where it goes from here.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Part 2 thru 6 needed!

outlaw29coutlaw29cover 1 year ago

A great story. I will be looking for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good start for a series about a wife who is actually in love with her husband. Don't 'blow' it. I'll rate it when it's over, as this is yet ANOTHER multi-part story and some never even get a second part much less finished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure where this is going, but it looks promising...

Thanks!!! Four stars!!!

Lakeeriegoatguy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story please write the next part soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For a first story that's a damn good start.

A little editing would be in order, steal vs. steel as one of two which really stood out.

Thanks, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very interesting idea for a story. Eager to see where it goes.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 1 year ago

Great Story! And it was written fairly well. Please get a editor or a beta reader, to correct some minor problems. If I was grading it I would give it an "A" for content and a "B-" for writing. But, please publish more. Would love to see where this goes. BTW, I am 84 and was dating in the 50's. Things were so up tight, you couldn't even get a hand job.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Melanie won my heart (as well as her husband's). My mind, on the other hand, is quite taken by M. Westergarth. (That's the missing part of my curious earlier comment. The computer glitched as I was trying to finish the comment.)

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

I agree with others-- a very nice first start. Writing period dialogue is always a minefield, because English is such an always-changing, idiomatic language. Reading contemporary fiction, as well as using various slang and urban dictionaries are invaluable resources. For example, one of the girls around the punch bowl said it would only be a matter of time before MC's hubby would "go elsewhere to get his needs met". That phrasing is more contemporary to the late-70s through present day, specifically 'his needs". In the 1950s, there were a number of ways to say this, all of them very indirect and highly idiomatic: step out on her, cat around, stray, put his shoes under somebody else's bed, roam, find it somewhere else, trade her in... lots of animal references. Of course, the sixties saw a more direct approach, and the language followed closely. One of the best "references" on 'sexy talk' of that era are the pulp magazine compilations, such as Male, Stag, Argosy, Men's Adventure, and on the ladies' side, True Confessions, True Romance, Modern Romance, etc. Of course, those mags reflected what was acceptable in print, but for that time, it also reflected what could be said amongst your own sex and in "mixed company". Very good story and excellent writing! 5/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good setup, but it ALL depends on what it finally leads to. If she goes back to the shop to buy one of the larger black dildos you can just end the story there; we've already read that story more times than we care to admit. I will wait to rate the finished product. Thanks for the effort.

katibkatibover 1 year ago

Nicely done—but be careful of that "horse" throat !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love it!

I will take cute, smart, and interesting over photo-perfect every time; my money is on our heroine!

Cute, smart, interesting, AND with a plan sounds formidable....

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, forgot one point: dinner takes a while. Our heroine might have started and had dinner ready and warm, or just done a fair bit of prep so that it comes together more quickly..., when she gets back to it.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Very nice, thank god for instruction books and manuals. I could have used one back in the late 60s. Our instruction manual was Playboy as the internet wasn't invented yet!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hurray for our heroine. That took balls.

Well, you know what I mean.

That must've been a ton of money back then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Star. Nicely done, thank God she's a quick learner though. She's in the fight to save her marriage, but still hasn't addressed her husband's wandering eye.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Now that is a woman who loves her husband!

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Good wife, she deserves better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

pale, flat chested, freckled little red head

You just described in seven words the woman of my dreams, pity I can give only five stars!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Good start - Solid narrative and refreshing story arc where the wife is truly in love with her spouse. 5*

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Interesting story. Would have taken a lot for a demure married woman of that era to go into an adult bookstore like she did.

Would have been more enjoyable without the technical errors. Pretty sure she would want to steel her resolve rather than stealing it. Using incorrect words really distracts from the flow of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Melanie just insured that her husband wouldn't try any other woman out. She showed him she could probably suck-start a Harley and even swallowed her prize! Now she's got to say the phrase, "darling, I missed my period 3 months in a row, the pity, pity patter of little bitty feet are gonna pity,pity patter at our house".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous