Love is Where One Finds It Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Winding down, Josie declares my Mom/Dad treats her with the same loving care as her Mom, Trudy, so they're now officially Josie's Grandma/Granddad!

After staying with me for two days Mom/Dad visits a Miami Beach business partner for a day on their way back home. I'm still adjusting to my new duties as Chief RES, which they understand. We're hoping I'll be fully settled in my new position by Christmas and can take two weeks off, celebrating the holidays with them in the Caymans.

***

Once I'm home I've got two free days before fully starting my new duties as Chief RES, so will spruce up my place. I ask Jason the building's Security Chief for Maria Isabella Sanchez to help me with the small projects.

Maria's Jason's niece, a smart cute 16-year-old, whom I find little jobs in my condo. She wants some extra spending money but would never ask me for it, so offers to help me around my place.

I cleared it with Jason and Maria's Grandma, for her to help me two Saturday afternoons a month. I pay her $50.00 every month and we agree, that Maria must save half and can spend the other $25.00 on things she wants.

I plan to give her a cash gift for Christmas but learn from Jason, that Maria wants to see a special Art Exhibit, which opens next week and runs for ten days. I'm surprising Maria, taking her to the Exhibit the first Saturday it's open. We'll leave home after breakfast. tour some of the special exhibits, and then break for lunch at 1:30 p.m.

We'll see more exhibits after lunch and return home early evening before 7:00 p.m. Grandma okays Maria to spend the night, so, I'll order some good junk food and we'll watch something on Netflix. Jason is picking Maria up after breakfast on Sunday, then I'll go into the hospital for a few hours to review patient files.

Also, Trudy and Josie spent one Saturday with me soon after the Cayman vacation, with us having a great time. I plan to introduce Maria and Josie, inviting them to sleep over one weekend. They're smart good girls, so I'm certain they'll get on well. Unfortunately, we've not found a good weekend to hang out, but I hope the three of us will link up soon.

***

FOUR MONTHS AFTER THE CAYMAN CHAOS

After I'm home from the Caymans, the Airline emails me an apology letter. They try laying 100% of the blame for the Cayman dustup on Leana, and I respond indignantly, tearing them a New One! Their letter hints Leana, who's now on unpaid leave, will be released (Fired) because of this grievous incident.

My final dig is, "I hope Leana sues the hell out of your airline, and I'll happily testify on her behalf;" cc CWA/AFA and my Dad's legal contact at The Law Firm. I get a thank you from the CWA/AFA union(s), my Dad's legal contact, but not a word from the airline.

***

Thanksgiving week is unusually busy at our hospital, but I'm now comfortably settled in as Chief RES. After the four-day weekend, Monday morning at about 11:30 a.m., I'm paged for the ER. This is a little strange, as I've not worked or covered the ER for nearly five months. Since I'm in the general area, I'll stop and check with the ER Head Nurse, Gloria to see why they need me.

Approaching the from the rear, I instantly recognize the cute slim blonde nervously waiting at the Nurse's Station. So, I stealthily slink up behind Leana, throwing my arms around her waist, huskily whispering, "Looking For Me Babe?"

Leana almost jumps out of her panties, but I keep her tightly wrapped up. The Nurses and other ER staff look curiously at me with raised eyebrows, since my Johns Hopkins nickname is Dr. No Nonsense Danielson.

I feel Leana's body tremoring in fear as she's normally a quiet person, almost an introvert, as I learned this summer from the First-Class Flight Attendant.

For some unknown reason I feel quite playful, "Don't worry guys, Leana and I aren't having a Wild Catfight Today, like a few months ago in the Cayman Island Airport."

Moaning, her eyes watering, "Dr. Raelyn, I think I'm forgiven for the Cayman Island problem, but you're now attacking me meanly."

I give Gloria a look, and she leads us to the small room, where we ER doctors often rest on break(s) during our 24-hour shift. Locking the door, I gently smack Leana's bottom, again not knowing why I'm gaming her this way. I am naturally a jokester, but normally with family or close friends.

Opening my phone to an email attachment, I give it to Leana, "READ!"

After reading my Airline Letter, she whines even more, "Why do I always somehow screw things up with you, Dr. Raelyn?"

Hugging her, I make a snap decision, "Leana, do you live in the Baltimore area and why are you here asking for me?"

Leana sighs, "I want to talk with you for a long time but fearfully dump your contact information. I'm insecure and doubt myself a lot, so think you give me your contact details because you're nice but don't expect me to look you up.

"This morning I steel myself, buy a ticket to Baltimore, and fly in from Chicago, forcing myself to ask for you at the ER Nurse's Station. I know you emailed a letter to the airline, but CWA/AFA Legal advises me not to read it until I decide if I'll sue the airline for unjust termination. But just now reading your terrific letter blows me away.

I cut in briskly, "So Leana, you have a change of clothes and cosmetics in that small travel bag?"

Slowly nodding, "Yes, Dr. Raelyn, I've got a change of clothes, undies, and some cosmetics with me."

"Okay Leana, first I'm Rae, and second you're coming home with me for a few days, so we can sort out this tension between us! I think all is forgiven in the Caymans, but you still doubt my sincerity.

"I'm taking you to my Chief Resident's Office, where you'll wait and go home with me at 3:00 p.m. Any Questions?

"There's books, mags, and other reading material in my office, and you can access the internet. Are you hungry, if yes, I'll bring you pastry, juice, and tea or coffee while you're waiting?"

I thank Gloria for paging me with a wink, meaning I'll tell you all about it the next time we have coffee.

***

We're at my Condo building, and I introduce Leana to the Security team, as my special guest for a few days. Jason Allen Manuel, the security chief, normally works the 3 to 11 p.m. shift. He's been my main contact in building security since I moved into this exclusive waterfront harbor condo. My using the code word, Special, means he's to treat Leana as if she's me.

We walk into my condo, and I show Leana the ensuite GBR, "I always feel grungy after long hours at work, so often shower as soon as I'm home. I'll put on shorts and a top, then we can talk while sipping a glass of Fume Blanc if you like white wine."

Leana smiles widely, "Yes Rae, I do enjoy an occasional glass of wine, but am not a big drinker. I don't have a casual short set with me, but you're quite tall. Do you have a long pullover or shirt, or a mini-shift, which will probably fit me as casual since I'm a slender 5' 5"?"

I tell Leana to shower if she wants since there are towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and other toiletries in the bathroom.

I look for something for her to relax in after my shower, finding a shift-type dress that'll work. So, I tie a towel around my chest and take the dress to her. I'm mostly alone at home except when Maria helps out, so often wear a towel for a few minutes after showering.

Leana breathlessly gasps when I walk in, so I cheekily ask, "Is there a problem babe?"

Leana's eyes bulge, "I didn't realize how tall you are Rae, until seeing you draped in that towel. You must be nearly six feet, with those, uh, long shapely legs."

I grin, "Babe, I'm 5' 11" in my stocking feet, but haven't measured my legs recently. Maybe you can check out my leg's length, before running off to Chicago!"

Leana darts quickly to the shower, her face bright red. I don't know her full name, so must ask her when we relax with wine. She's a natural blond, strangely with Green eyes, 5' 5'' and possibly weighing in at 115 lbs. Leana's a cutie pie when relaxed, which seems rare, so my goal for the next two days is to settle her down.

We're sipping a Fume, and Leana comments it's lovely as I fully introduce myself, Raelyn (Rae) Marie Danielson-MD age 29. I'm originally from Toledo, OH, where I lived until starting university at Wellesley College, in Wellesley, MA.

Leana's family name is Elaine (Leana) Diane Pendergrass, and her birth home is just south of Kenosha, WI. Leana is her favorite Grandma's given name so she takes it as her nickname. She's 26, has an AS degree in Aircraft Design Engineering from St. Louis Community College, and has been a Flight Attendant since age 22.

I think it's curious she studies more of an engineering course load than one expects from a flight attendant. We chat about our recent lives, which have been hectic for both of us, especially learning Leana also writes magazine articles on flying/aerospace. But it fits her emotional profile as an introverted loner.

My den is spacious, with a nice loveseat, comfortable easy chairs, and other usual furniture. So, I move from my chair to the Loveseat, "Come sit here Leana, where we can talk more personally."

She freezes for a moment, and sighs, "Okay Rae, I'll join you."

I pull her in for a soft hug, "Leana, you fly from Chicago to see me, so there must be a reason. Please relax, open up to me and we'll go from there. You're the first adult I've invited to visit and sleep over in my condo since living here because I like and respect you."

She starts slowly, "I know you have me pegged as a loner which is mostly true. It's just my nature, so that's who I am. I want to like people but have huge trust issues from past experiences, so tend to crawl back into my shell when wary of someone.

"Even with our shouting match at the Cayman Airport, my instinct screams You can trust Dr. Raelyn, just be honest with her. But, once I'm back in Chicago, my self-doubt creeps back in full force, and I dump your contact details while hating my cowardly self for doing it"

Leana holds out her glass for a refill, but I sit it on the table and pour my glass full to the brim, "We'll share a glass Leana since that signals a closeness between us."

She takes a small sip, and continues, "The most difficult decision I make and follow through is to come and visit you, Rae. I fight myself day/night, then this morning I pack my mini-travel bag, take the airport bus, and buy a one-way ticket here. My instinct keeps screaming Rae isn't like most people and you can trust her," throwing herself into my arms loudly boohooing.

I'm sitting speechless holding Leana in my arms, without any earthly idea of what she wants from me, yet knowing for certain she needs a trusting friend. Leana's confession exhausts her, so I think this is enough for today, but I must ask a key question.

Smiling sweetly, "Leana, one more question, and we'll talk again about the serious stuff tomorrow. What do you want from me that gives you the strength to fight through your self-doubts?"

She looks at me in wonder, "Friendship, Rae, somehow I implicitly trust you without fear!"

"Okay, Leana, we can start to build our long-term bonding from there. My plan is for us to eat at home, but now I think we'll go out for dinner to bond more as friends. We won't stay out late, since tomorrow is busy for me, but both of us need to get out of the condo, enjoy a nice meal together, and carry on chit-chatting.

"I'm not certain if you have special business plans while here, but please stay for a week while we carefully talk through what you truly want. I don't date, or have a boyfriend or any close female friends.

There are two high school friends from Toledo living here, but I don't feel they're truly my friends. Both ladies are always trying to set me up on blind dates, or with their boyfriend's friend(s), which I dislike. They also love going to parties and cocktail lounges, not my thing.

"I'd love to have a good friend who likes live theater, art, museums, the symphony, or the like. So, stay a week while we talk seriously, and have lots of fun together. You'll need to buy a few things, and maybe a nice dress for a lovely dinner out before you leave.

"In the end, if we decide to be long-time friends, and you need a change of pace. Go back to Chicago, settle everything, and move to Baltimore, staying here in the condo. I feel certain we'll get on well, which is my reason for suggesting you consider living here permanently.

"If we decide to go for it, plan to move here by 20 DEC or sooner since we'll spend Christmas in the Caymans with my family. We have the next six days to decide if your instinct is right in trusting me.

"Now let's dress and go out for dinner together. You select the cuisine and I'll choose the best restaurant. Come on girl let's get going," as I gently pull Leana up, giving her a quick booty slap toward the GBR.

***

The Baltimore Harbor is well known for its many types of seafood, especially Blue Crab, Crab Cakes, Seasoned Steamed Crabs, and various other dishes. My condo is in this area with Leana and I dining at the Rusty Scupper. We share two glasses of Fume Blanc at home, so order the same wine for dinner.

We talk casually, mostly about Leana's desire for the future. She doesn't want to sue the Airline but is pressing them for a fair negotiated settlement. I suggest she highlight neither me nor Josie's Mom, Trudy, complain about the mix-up, and support Leana's claim of concern for the 12-year-old's safety. Leana should also add 100k to her proposed settlement if they want her to sign an NDA, so in total, she'd be seeking $600,000.

Leana wants to stay in the aviation business, possibly as a consultant writing Guidelines and Quality Control (QC) protocols. She will consider working as a Flight Attendant for a Private Executive/Business Flight Firm, but NEVER AGAIN for any of the major airlines.

Our full evening's dinner conversation is newsy and basic as we get to know each other better. These probing-type talks continue for the next four days, which I feel are leading toward Leana moving to Baltimore by mid-DEC.

Finally, I jumped on it late Thursday morning, "Leana, are you moving to Baltimore and in with me next month?"

Leana stares dreamily into my eyes for a moment, "Yes, Rae, these past few days with you are the happiest I've been in years. I feel you're a true friend, and we can enjoy time together socially, even with your busy Johns Hopkins work and teaching schedule.

"I'll make a bucket list of artsy-type activities and galleries, museums, ballet, concerts, and the like; we can pick and choose the ones that best suit us. We're located in the Harbor, so there's a beaucoup of great seafood restaurants to dine at when we feel like it and several nice Harbor Dinner Cruises.

"What do you think of my asking the security chief, Jason to use the small downstairs conference room for work, and possibly adding a small library section?

I agree, "That's a super idea, Leana since Maria and Josie can use the room for reading, study, and homework when they visit. The small conference room is seldom in use, so will be mostly available to you and the girls. You met Josie on the Cayman trip, and Maria is a lot like her.

"She's Jason, the security chief's niece, age 16, and does odd jobs for me to earn pocket change. You'll like her a lot and I'm hoping she and Josie become good friends. I've tried getting them together for the past month, but the timing has never been good. So, we'll fix a time now with your moving in next month.

"Let's invite Trudy, Josie, and Maria for dinner tomorrow, and they spend the weekend. We do something unusual at home for dinner, like mixing breakfast/dinner foods. You make killer Denver Omelets, Strawberry Waffles, and Fried Apples, and we can order a mixed Lobster/Steak Platter from this restaurant."

Leana gleefully, "I love your idea, Rae," jumping into my arms and laying her head on my shoulder, as I pull her in close, which feels tantalizing. We hug a little longer, then ask for our check.

I'll invite Trudy and Josie to dinner, asking them to stay until Sunday. I'll also talk with Jason about his niece, Maria joining us. Leana will handle the menu and other evening social activities, also laying out her tutoring plans for Josie and Maria in detail, which will start in the New Year.

I'll ask Maria to help Leana with the weekend social items after school, especially Friday's dinner. Although Maria's 16, she's excited to meet Josie who's nearly 13. She questions Leana about Josie, but Leana doesn't know Josie very well, as the two of them only meet briefly in the Cayman Airport fiasco.

***

BIG SHOCK

It's been quite busy at the hospital since I'm now reviewing new resident applications. Having a few minutes free, I phone Trudy asking about the weekend. She's excited for her and Josie to visit my place for dinner on Friday, and stay until Sunday.

Then Trudy drops an Atom Bomb, "Rae, there's a new person, David, working in our office for the past month. He's been over for dinner twice, hints at us going out to eat sometime, and seems like a nice guy. I'd like to bring him this weekend and get your opinion if okay," asks Trudy.

Like a lightning strike, it hits me, Trudy doesn't know Leana's been in town at my place since Monday. "On that opinion thing Trudy, Leana, from the Cayman Airport debacle is visiting Baltimore, staying at my place since Monday.

"There's more to the story, which you'll find out this weekend. I can't talk for long as it's quite busy at the hospital now. Leana's doing the dinner and most everything else for the weekend, allowing me to work longer hours, so I can enjoy the three days with friends."

"Rae, I Call BS, Leana's been staying with you since Monday?" screams Trudy. "Friday and Saturday will certainly be interesting," laughing crazily.

"One other item Trudy, there's a nice girl, Maria, helping with odd jobs in my condo for the past two years. She's 16, and a sweet girl who's lending Leana a hand to prepare fixings for Friday night. So, I'm inviting her for dinner, staying until Sunday, and having fun with Josie if okay with you?"

Trudy answers, "Okay by me on Josie meeting Maria and they're hanging out for a couple of days. My guest, David won't stay overnight at your place but most likely will book a hotel room close by in the Harbor. He'll happily join us for all the fun stuff and other shenanigans."

I close, "See you any time after 1:00 p.m. on Friday since we'll be home from noon on. Gotta Go!"

***

Maria, Leana, and I scurry about putting the final touches on an early dinner when Jason buzzes my guests are here. He'll bring them up describing a bit of the building's history and nuances.

The door opens, and Josie flies right to Leana, "Oh My God Avi-Leana, Mom just tells me you're here."

I need to explain now that Josie calls me Doctor (Doc) Rae and Aviator (Avi) Leana.

Maria joins in, "Hi Jos, I'm Mar. and so much like your names Doc and Avi! Maybe we'll always call them God-Moms Doc/Avi."

Jos hits back, "I love your idea Mar, because they're our God-Moms who love us. I already like you a lot Mar, so we'll have a blast this weekend becoming best buds!" running to hug her.

Trudy follows, "Guys, this is David Elliot Robertson, who's been assigned to our company for three months. It's likely our two companies will jointly start a spinoff division based in Metro Baltimore."

David, a tall handsome, and dark-skinned 35 to 40-year-old smiles, "Hi Leana. Maria and our host Rae; your condo harbor location's fabulous and I can't wait for the tour."