Love is Where One Finds It Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Epilogue

Leana and I plan our lives carefully, with her moving into my condo in early December, and then getting engaged in mid-January. We marry in February and our blowout reception is in Baltimore over the Memorial Day Weekend.

So, we've now settled in as a newly married couple, with Leana inking a 5-year Consulting Contract for Gulfstream Aerospace Aviation. I have nearly 9-years left on my Johns Hopkins appointment to Chief Resident & Assistant Professor of Medicine. But again, the rumor mill has me being tenured as Associate Professor of Medicine in January.

Finally, Leana tutors Maria, now 17, Josie now 13, and 7-year-old twins, Kirra and Willow. I help Leana tutor the girls, but she has primary teaching duties since she works from home 80% of the time. So, our lives are set for a few years like we plan, or so we think.

***

GS EMERGENCY LEANA'S POV

Rae and I are past the first anniversary of our first meeting on that chaotic Baltimore to Cayman flight. It's more than four months before we see each other again at the Johns Hopkins Hospital ER and practically love at 2nd sight. Three months after reconnecting, we married in a private ceremony and now live as a couple in Rae's (our) Baltimore condo.

My work life is mostly evaluating and improving Emergency Protocols for GS's SIX Lines of 2800 Business Jets, as well as reviewing the service history for many leased aircraft. Most projects are done from home, but I visit the GS Savannah Headquarters semi-annually, staying for two weeks, and taking Maria and Josie with me as special GS interns.

I got an emergency request from Gulfstream's President with the worst possible timing. He wants me in Savannah ASAP but is vague in answering specific questions about why he so urgently needs me.

All four girls, Maria, Josie, and twins, Kirra/Willow are at the Condo for a week of intense Math and Engineering studies and testing. Rae is knee-deep in integrating newly minted Residents (Newbies) into the Johns Hopkins Medical Center's Program and Trudy's away at a National Sales Meeting.

So, Rae and I, ask Mom/Dad to fly in from the Caymans, staying at our Condo with the girls. Maria, now 17 can handle the studies, communicating with me via Zoom. We're just uncomfortable with the girls being in the condo without any adult family.

GS pays me big $bucks, so I try and please them whenever possible. If my visit is drawn out, Rae will bring the girls to Savannah for four days, giving Mom/Dad some downtime for adult fun.

All is set, so I depart for Savannah early morning, responding to a vague emergency request from GS's President. Arriving at GS's Headquarters, a security staff member whisks me into a small executive conference room, a package thrust in my hands, which I must read quickly and evaluate.

Two National Unions are trying to organize GS's employees, so there are preliminary discussions taking place before counting and validating the signed employee YES/NO voting cards. It's not a simple or easy task to organize unions in South Carolina, because of right-to-work laws.

GS's President introduces me, Elaine Diane Danielson, and please call her Leana. "I asked Leana to fly in from Baltimore and mediate this major crisis since there's been no positive movement in two weeks of talks. Whenever Leana says YES/NO, I'm 100% in agreement, and she'll update me later today."

I'm thinking, what 'The Sam Hill' did I just step into? "Okay everyone, I'm new to these negotiations so please introduce yourselves, your GS title, department, and work history. I quickly learned a mixture of long and short-term employees, as well as GS Senior Managers and Union Organizers are in this meeting.

I toss GS Management and Union Organizers from the conference room. Both groups protest and I respond, "Take it to the President, or I will call security!"

My opening remarks, "Several employees are pushing to call a strike if your Union(s) are not recognized. Well, that's illegal since you have not yet counted and validated the votes so officially there's not a Union yet. Essentially, you'd be quitting your job(s) without notice if you do not show up for work. It's NOT a strike since there is currently NO Union."

I grimly advise everyone, "Look around at your co-workers, because if there's an invalid/illegal strike, 20% to 30% of you will most likely be Homeless in ninety days, with Bad Credit for life. Where can you find equitable employment and wages in SC or neighboring states?"

I firmly state to the workers, "Let's be clear, my name is Leana and there won't be a strike anytime soon unless you're all crazy. You must follow the NLRB rules to protect yourselves, your jobs, health insurance, and ultimately each of your families.

"At a glance, I see your hourly pay rate is great, in the top 5% of SC major companies; you have onsite daycare, a 401k plan, family Dental/Medical insurance, Christmas Bonus, and many more Bennies!

So, let's carve out the main issue(s), that are sparking employees to consider organizing, with a Union vote, and a potentially illegal strike?"

We go around and around with the attendee's basic wish lists, narrowing them down to 1 or 2 real issues. So, I re-sequence the gripes/issues in a different order and format on the whiteboard, addressing each one separately or as a group.

"Take the Union/Strike talk OFF THE TABLE for one year, and I sign off on items #s 1 through 7 as written.

"Item 8, I propose a Five-Year work agreement with an annual 4% base salary range increase. It'll be in two steps, two years with a three-year extension option, adjusted for inflation."

8a) "We'll set gross profit parameters, and add a Summer Bonus based on GS meeting and/or exceeding these forecasted numbers. This is similar to, but not the same as profit sharing. It's based on Gross Profit, so GS counts the $$'s as an indirect cost/overhead operating expense, which is easier for the President to approve."

8b) "Your current Christmas Bonus is fixed by GS-HR, so is unaffected by my proposal and will be paid as normal on 15 DEC."

9) I'll need a year to resolve item 9 and up to three years for item 10.

9a) "These two issues are difficult and will require buy-in by the Board of Directors. We'll need to give and take, both by Management and Workers, so it'll take more than a New York Minute!

10) "If we agree to move forward as I suggest, we'll finalize the whiteboard into a GS Employee/Management long-term working agreement. Then we'll destroy the useless Union Cards, and Everyone will have a job tomorrow morning. I'll personally guarantee under the GS President's signature there'll be no layoffs or any type of retaliation against any hourly employee!"

After two hours of back n forth on the final document's structure, I asked someone to fetch the President, laying my list and comments in front of him.

I ask, "Sir, will you please sign this Employee/Management Working Agreement for the next two years, with a three-year extension clause based on inflation? I'll need a month to finalize the specific language, working together with one hourly and one management employee."

The GS President is stunned, "Everyone's 100% on board?" signing his name with a flourish.

I told the President, that I'll fully update him on the details and completion schedule tomorrow since I'm exhausted from today's travel and work.

***

One senior hourly employee, Rachel Ann Williams, offers to drive me to my hotel, stopping at her Mom's place for a quick bite. I agree, asking for a moment to phone my wife, Rae when we arrive. I see and feel her tenseness with me asking to call my wife, which is her problem. I truly feel Rachel is surprised by my openly admitting to having a same-sex spouse, which causes her to flinch.

We arrive at a nice home, chatting easily along the way. I learned about her Aunt, Mabel Jean Williams, age 55, a 30-year GS employee forced out three years ago by a new middle management team. I stow this bit of info away for further investigation.

Rachel introduces me to her Aunt who leads me to a quiet place to call Rae. Walking over, we pass a little girl, age 6 or 7 lying quietly on a sofa, watching TV. While speed-dialing Rae, I notice the little girl peeking at me, so I wave, and she darts back to the sofa.

I quickly tell Rae about my long, busy, but good day, now at a GS employee's Aunt's home for a quick snack. I'll ring her Good Night from the hotel at about 9:30 p.m., telling her the meeting's details before crashing.

Going back to the living room, I stop and sit by the little girl, "My name is Leana sweetie pie, and what's your name?" as I see Rachel and her Mom, watching me curiously.

After a long silence, I hear a quiet "Armey," as she turns back to the TV.

Waiting a moment, I smile asking, "So Armey, what are you watching on TV?"

She sits up grinning, "Nothing, just laying here."

I'm trying to get a feel or reading on quiet little Armey, who seems listless and glum and I ask her, "How old are you, sweetie?"

Armey looks at me, "Why do you call me sweetie?"

Changing tactics, I gently reach out pulling her in close. Armey stiffens at first, then eases into my arms. Sensing she's afraid for some reason, I smile and tickle her. "You are my sweetie because I love tickling sweet little girls," being more aggressive as Armey squeals in laughter.

She looks playfully at me, "I'm 6 and will be your little sweetie all the time, so tickle me some more."

Armey and I happily go at it for fifteen minutes, me tickling and her squealing in joy, wiggling all over the sofa and my lap. For some strange reason, I sense Armey's been abused, so avoid words like a bad girl and any hitting motions, planning to ask Rachel about my suspicions.

Rachel has not moved one step towards her bedroom to change, since I first speak with Armey. She and her Aunt Mabel stand there in amazement while cute little Armey and I talk, tickle, and giggle. So, I stay with Armey until Rachel changes into casual clothes, then comes back with fruit, sandwiches, and sweet tea.

Armey doesn't eat a lot but likes the sweet tea, downing it in a few gulps. While snacking, I try talking more with Armey, but she's shy now with everyone sitting together.

We finish our snack, and I thank Rachel's aunt, gathering my purse and briefcase. I apologize to Rachel for being tired, but it's been a long day, so I'd like to go to my hotel now.

Armey hasn't taken her eyes off me for an hour, since telling me she's just lying on the sofa. Even now she watches me like a hawk, finishing a sweet tea refill.

Hearing me say I'm tired and want to leave, Armey springs into action, "Leana, where are you going?"

I tell her my home is a long way from here, so I'm staying in a hotel, and going there now.

Eyes glued to me, Armey asks, "Leana sweetie, can I go with you to the hotel and tickle some more?"

Stupefied, I look at Rachel who is floored, "Leana, Armey hardly talks to anyone and has said more to you in an hour than anyone else Auntie and I know of. I'll explain her situation tomorrow at work since you need rest."

As Rachel and I move toward the door, Armey grabs my hand and comes along so I ask, "Is it okay for her to go with me to the hotel?

Rachel and her Mom look at each other amazed, "She's never been a problem, but we've not heard her say more than a few words, as she mostly stares at the TV."

Deciding quickly, "Rachel, please give me PJs, undies, and a change of clothes for Armey, and I'll bring her to GS in the morning, taking her to daycare.

***

We're in my hotel suite, with Armey sipping a Pepsi, and watching TV, while I ring Rae, "Darling, I have a 6-year-old hanging out with me tonight, giving her a synopsis.

"I don't know a lot, except the little one hardly talks to anyone. But she warms up to me in a tickle-fess, then asks to come with me to the hotel. Armey looks so sad, that I can't say no; we'll talk again in the morning, and hopefully, I'll have more details about Armey to share with you."

I shower and a grinning Armey waits on the sofa. Finishing, I clean Armey up, put her PJs on climb in bed with her cradled in my arms, and we quickly fall asleep.

I wake up to my phone chiming and it's Rae. "Good morning darling, just checking to see if you're okay."

I see a happy Armey peering at me, so pull her in for a hug and open my phone's speaker. "Armey, please say hello to my wife Rae?"

She grins saying, "Hello My Wife Rae, and we all burst out laughing."

I tell Rae, I was so exhausted from the long day and intrigued by Armey, that I forgot to mention I solved the GS President's major issue in a few hours, and he's ecstatic. I'm fairly certain he will offer to extend my consulting contract to ten years.

Also, Rachel, a key member of the GS negotiating team emailed me late last night when Armey and I were asleep. Armey's Bio-Mom has been abusive to her, most likely due to using drugs. She was recently arrested and pled guilty to smuggling and selling drugs, receiving a 20-year sentence.

Armey's temporarily staying with them because Rachel's Aunt Mabel couldn't bear the thought of the little one going into Foster Care. Rachel and her Aunt talk late into the night about Armey taking to me so quickly, so ask if my wife and I will consider becoming her guardians and possibly adopt Armey. I'm now holding an Armey in my arms whom I do not want to let go."

Darling, please fly to Savannah in 1 or 2 days since I need you here for love and physical support in another life-altering decision. I'll need a day to finalize my report on the Working Agreement details, which I can work on today and tomorrow.

Rae flies in, and Armey charms her way into both our hearts. Rae, Rachel, her Aunt Mabel, the GS President, the Corporate Attorney, and I meet in the Family Court Judge's Chamber.

The judge reviews Armey's file concerning her Mom going to prison for 20 years, without close relatives in the Savannah area. He confirms Rae is an MD tenured at Johns Hopkins University and I am a special consultant for the GS President. He looks at the GS Corporate Attorney nodding yes, and rubber stamps a document declaring Rae and me Armey's guardians.

So, needless to say, we now have two little feet streaking around the condo 4-years ahead of our plan. Armey's now a total motor mouth, just like her four sisters!

Over the past 6-months, twins Kirra and Willow have evolved into triplets, Kirra-Willow-Armey, with Josie and Maria as their big sisters. The five girls are already planning Christmas in the Caymans at Grandma/Dad's.

One Saturday morning while we're playing tickle n giggle on the den sofa, I call Armey "My Little Angel!"

She squeals in delight, "Moms Leana and Rae, I want my name to be Angel."

So, Mom Rae answers, "Baby Girl Armey, Your Nickname Is Now

ANGEL

Our Lives Are Filled With Laughter, Love And Joy!

The End

Billyslate © 2023