All Comments on 'Love Letters in the Attic Ch. 01'

by JClife

Sort by:
  • 336 Comments (Page 2)
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

The attorney got it wrong on the sexual harassment/hostile work environment. That the wife quite work is often called a constructive discharge, which is akin to fleeing harassment. Also, when a tort is pursued, the injured party's lawyer gets to have discovery, which means, in this case, going into the aw firm's records. Three years is an actionable time frame. Beyond that, the attorney gives solid, sound and sage advice. Too many writers here turn their attorney characters into these Old testament avengers. Not so, here; you wrote a good character. Ditto with the counselor. Well-written and believable.

.

Some commenters mentioned how he proceeded to read the letters. Read one, throw up, cry, scream and yell. Read another, get drunk, howl at the moon, wail, gnash teeth... etc. No, any dude with a Man Card would read them all at once. Tear through those letters like a wildfire, like a man possessed. No puttin' 'em back in the envelope, no niceties. Also, when the time frame was laid out, Job One for MC is a paternity test.

.

When she's presented with a divorce petition, the law firm and Jakey boy should've also been receiving their lawsuits simultaneously. Scorched earth. Czar Peter on the road to Poltava. Burn it all.

.

But, it's your story, your characters, and on the whole, well-written. Looking forward to Part 02. Hopefully, this won't turn into one of those interesting franchises that go on and on. 5/5!!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51about 2 years ago

I've read All of your stories, can't wait to get the 2nd chapter here. All of my scores so far have been 4's and 5's. I hope you will continue in this vain, I like a strong, but passion filled man, smart enough to catch the cheating partners.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a ditty about jack and Diane two American kids doing the best they can so let it rock let it roll let the vaudeville come and save my soul

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Women will always go with whomever they think can best provide for them. Provision is individual and based on what they want, not love. Women do love men, in a way, but that love is always wrapped up in, "What will you give me?" Or, "How will you care for me?" Or. "Will you let me run this relationship the way I want?" This includes having children. So for James, he has to deal with what Diane ultimately wanted and what she was willing to do to get it. In the first place, she wanted James because the idea of being married appealed to her. Then secondly she wanted a fling with Jake to make her feel young and sexy. There is no way James should believe she was feeling deep guilt over what she was doing or had done. She felt remorse over how it could come back to bite her in the ass. Diane, like all women made it about love and forgiveness but ultimately she was petrified, she'd lose her email ticket. The tears were tears of fear for what she would lose, not tears of genuine sorrow over her actions or how they hurt James. Therefore, she deluded herself into thinking it was because she loved him. That is a first rate ruse. And then thirdly she wanted James to give her security and more children. There is no true love without expectations when it comes to women, so the sooner he gets his head around this, the sooner he can decide what he wants for his life. A Woman "feels" love for a man, but it is based 100% of the time on what he gives her. One thing, James and no other husband, walking around on the planet will ever receive is unconditional love from a woman. Not saying men don't have expectations as well, but this story was about a cheating wife. By the way, it was a great story!

patilliepatillieabout 2 years ago

Good start. It sucks that you dont have the story completed before you submitted Chapt 1-now we will wait and undoubtably will have to reread this story to understand Chapt 2. I was wondering if the wife was pregnant, since she was boinking him right left and center before he read the letters. Since he hasnt had sex with her since that time, and she is preggo now, I would say there is a good chance she was messing about the whole time. What really sucks is I think in real life dudes who find themselves not the bio father after getting their name on th birth certificate, do indeed have to continue to support kids who are not theirs. DNA tests should be standardized for all births, so that parentage is established at birth reliably.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too sad for comment. Two stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You signal this plot so I knew the ending. Sue Jake for back child support. Now he is screwed a bastard child and his new baby. This is one messed up case. With no money and the divorce she should have gotten a abortion. Our Supreme Court is throwing out a womens right to about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It sure took a long time to get to the point...why keep the letters. Normally I'm a BTB kind of guy, but I think it being four years since the affair ended, makes a big difference. I would divorce her for being dumb enough to keep the damn letters.

danbo56danbo56about 2 years ago

great story I think that there is another chapter or are you already working on it really enjoyed the story kind of true to life

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 2 years ago

Dude is cursed….no way could I get back with a woman who cheated and his it so I was deceived into raising a child who wasn’t mine. The deception is unforgivable.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

4* but you telegraphed the daddy baby issue all through the story... no surprise there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Part 2 will hopefully include Jake and four years of back child support that he should give to the little girl. She obviously will always be his daughter even if not the biological father. Clearly her keeping the letters was her holding onto the affair to remember. She makes like it was just the guy but she wanted him also invited him to fuck her so clearly downplayed it all . People do get past it but I couldn’t and the child not being his truely is the final nail in the coffin. To me finding out about something like that from past makes it even worse than it happening presently because the lying and secrets continues and knowing others knew and not me talking behind my baa as ck would make it 100 times worse. My friend cousin found out his wife cheated on him 25 years ago . They were married 35 years at that point so he stayed married in a bad marriage just so not to change . Some can do that but how could life be good . I’d never buy her a gift , go out to dinner , movies , shows etc alone , vacation or even want to sleep in same bed . I guess fucking you could get past if you wanted but it would be to much for me

sf_operative63sf_operative63about 2 years ago

Need chapter 2 to make this complete.

Good so far..

DOL

fritz51fritz51about 2 years ago

I have no idea where the author is going to go with story. Like probably most of the readers I figured that the daughter was not his, and were it me I'd have intentionally hurt her by insisting on a DNA test of Beth before the timing became known.

Her maneuvering at the time seems very suspicious. That she knew she was preggers, forcing her hand to break off with Jake and start screwing the hell out of her husband to cover it up seems likely. Since she had been doing Jake bare back, a brief wait to protect her cuck husband would be proper, but she dove right in... why?

Keeping the letters is damning, and now another child, probably Jim's, but who knows? Insist on a DNA for that one also.

Sorry Jim, but I just don't see a future with her without being reminded multiple times a day of her infidelity. How could he ever look at her and not see the slut?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think a RAAC is coming, but I'm hoping he'll continue on with the divorce. He needs to be free of her, her despair reeks of "need the dependable guy to keep me and the baby fed", she's only worried about her meal ticket. She's certainly sorry she got caught, but I don't know that it goes any further than that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oi, oi oi. well now old hat story told very badly, please at least get you characters names correct. Totally unsure of your law facts, best avoid going somewhere you have not researched properly even if it is your story. Credit in sections you get the emotions spot on only to let them slip badly down the drain. If its any consolation did not score this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There seems to be a lot of opinion, BS, speculation and justification. Jake and the specifics about him haven’t been fleshed out. Mostly this feels like a soap opera where everything is very nebulous.

nestorb30nestorb30about 2 years ago

James me lad, you are royally fucked

docrxdocrxabout 2 years ago

Got tired of the same old shit over and over!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written. The story and plot are typical of others I have read, but so are every story here at Literotica. There are no original stories but how they are written. Good job at making your’s worth the time. Looking forward to the next chapter. Great job. 5 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

On the plus side Diane ended the affair of her own volition before James found out about it. On the minus side she kept the letters. The reason she gave for doing so was not at all convincing. Then there is the ongoing question of whether she knew the truth about Beth's paternity or not. I'd sure hate to be in James's place right now!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story was well written and it kept my attention. I was looking forward to part two and disappointed that it was not available. Please finish the story.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

I believe we can guess where this is heading but it will be a very interesting read to see how we get there. I was surprised that it took James as long as it did to get to the paternity idea. I figured that math would have been his first thought when he read the March letter. I like others know thus may not be new territory but I am enjoying your take on it and the emotions that your writing invokes. Looking forward to next chapter.

penneydog55penneydog55about 2 years ago

Hey I enjoyed it. As a Commenter put it He's Royally fucked! She did the whole seduction Bullshit at the beginning of this story? So chances are the road south is full of broken hearts 5🌟👍🦧😁

81vol81volabout 2 years ago

Diane's behavior before the 2nd pregnancy is the same as the first pregnancy. Seems to me that she either didnt give up her lover or he returned to impregnate her again. I do like the story. Yes the logical cunclusion part way thru was James wasnt the father. Even the counsoler seemed to be hinting to James that the birth was suspicous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Is there going to be a chapter 2 , a conclusion is required as to what he does ?

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

A very well written story which is quickly developing into a catch 22 for poor James. Now with Diane pregnant, is the child his or did she stray again, the drama here makes for a great story. Can't wait to see how it unfolds. 5/5

lukeey90lukeey90about 2 years ago

Im surprised that it took him that long to even suspect the obvious. Guess James is on of those ignorant one's.

QuintiusQuintiusabout 2 years ago
Too many things telegraphed to like this

As many, MANY other commenters have mentioned already, the Beth not being his plot twist was telegraphed the instant he saw the date on the letters. Normally that would be fine but to have him not even question her paternity until six weeks after he found the letters? Come now. Affair four years ago, wife crying in the bathroom in denial, weeks of rampant sex afterwards and the baby is now three? Honestly, getting the kids' DNA checked is one of the first things to occur to a father once he realizes his wife slutted around on him. It was just too unbelievable to swallow. As someone else mentioned, even the counselor seemed to figure it out. It's hard to root for a MC who just comes across as stupid.

The story is OK overall. It's not the first story I've read where a husband finds evidence of a long-past affair while going through his wife's junk but it's a decent interpretation in theory. The characters of Jimmy and Diane just aren't very likable, though. I sympathize with Jimmy's situation but he's blind as a bat and dumb as a rock which takes away from that. Diane is a caricature, unfortunately. All she does is cry, look awful, and lie in an attempt to do damage control so there's not really much there to like or empathize with. Even at this point in the story she's still lying through her teeth. It's more than obvious that she knew Beth wasn't Jimmy's kid already. And speaking of Jimmy being stupid and blind, the first thing he should have wanted to know was the paternity of Beth but the SECOND thing should have been who the hell Jake is and if the slut still works with him or not.

Now at the end of this chapter we find out she's pregnant again after hiding the fact that she stopped taking her pills again and trying to screw him blind again... that same old pattern. Why this urgency after four years? Sure, she could be feeling guilty because she knows Beth isn't Jimmy's and wants to give him his own baby to make up for it in some screwed up way but why now?

Although it's not a great chapter I'm still curious how it will turn out. It's my hope that JClife will take some of the Commentors' observations to heart and tighten up his story telling for chapter 2, though. The characters' reactions need to be injected with more realism. Good luck.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

DNA test should have been his first priority!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written, plausible: hope next chapter continues same quality

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not sure that being a doormat and not having a shred of self respet, thinking he didn't deserve better, made him a "big enough" man. Also pretty creepy both sideism, with the pain for the well earned guilt from the perp is put on the same level as the victim's, and she herself mentions "forgiving herself" with incredible self centeredness. She is not the victim, she is not the one that ought to do the forgiving, and far from asking her partner's forgiveness, she deceived him as the serial liar and cheater she was, depriving him of the ability of making an informed decision (like choosing to be with someone better, the kind of person that would never betray their partner like she did, someone like him in other words... He has every right to ask his partner nothing less than what he is willing to give). In short, she trested him like an object that she could dispose of as she wished, instead of an equal partner that had every right to make an informed choice about such a central life decision. I feel this should have played a much major role than the incidental pregnancy (and even then, she knew it was a possibilitu). More than anything else, he was right in saying that this is loterally not the woman he loved, which was a mere figment of his imagination. The woman he loved would have never betrayed him or abused and taken advantage of his unconditional trust. His wife did. Plainly, this is not the woman he loved. In short, it's impossible to understand why he wpuld even consider taking her back, if he had any dignity or self respect, or any abilitu or willongness not to evade and to face reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stylistically, I feel that some of the phrasing, particularly apund sex talk, was a bit unnatural and convoluted, seemed a bit fake or cheesy, almost as if from an over the top porn movie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I mean, factually speaking I don't quite get the Beth situation. Shouldn't her ex lover somehow be contacted and made aware that he has a biological daughter? And didn't she suspect this when she got pregnant, nor did he suspect anything when he saw she got pregnant and knew they had unprotected sex in a compatible timing?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The cliffhanger at the end was quite something. Coupled with her previous behavior, it makes me wonder whether this is the same situation (she cheated and felt guilty). It's in any case impossible to understand why he would actually miss the wife -the kid is more understandable, given that she is innocent-. Factually speaking, she deceived him for years and deprived him of the ability to choose.

Not sure why he would ever consider counseling, and in that sense I see her having a child out of wedlock as a very good thing for him: it shouldn't be the deciding factor (her being a serial cheater and deceiving him for years, or the fact that she would still be lying to his face if he had not discovered those letters, which she didn't throw away, should have clued in that this stranger was not the person he had married and thought worthy of his loyalty and unconditional trust... if he is too idiotic and spineless to understand the plain fact that he deserves and can do better, and it takes a kid out of wedlock, then a kid out of wedlock it is... the wife being pregnant or not at thin juncture shouldn't really change anything, and for that matter it's impossible to understand why it would change anything from the point of view of child support/alimony -the obvious course of actions, given the situation and the fact that they don't appear to be religious extremists, would be to not carry the pregnancy to term, and using it to tie him down in the relationship or extract money from him seems pretty repulsive-).

On Beth... frankly speaking, she is unlucky, but I must say that it's hard to see how the his relationship with her wouldn't change, and frankly in his position not wanting to have further contact with his ex wife would be perfectly understandable, and Beth would be something chaining them together, had she been his daughter, but here he discovered that she is not... quite frankly, walking away given that there are no attachments might possibly be a more realistic/tempting option. On one hand, he thought she was his biological daughter. On the other hand, he just learned that he is not really the father, the father is another man that should by all accounts be made aware of that fact, and will be involved in the kid's life. Being around the kid would mean not being able to cut off his cheating wife, and interacting with her (ex) lover. It's a conundrum, but legally he has no obligation, and he is in a position where he likely would want to walk away and not have to deal with his ex wife and the girl's biological father, while spending time with Beth would mean torturing himself into being in contact with the woman and her (ex) lover.

Not sure that torturing himself by putting himself into that situation is going to do Beth any good, particularly since she is still young and he has no obligation, legally -seems like it would just make the kid's situation more confusing-. If insisting on being around would be torture for everyone involved, there is really no reason to insist on it. He can still try to be in the girl's life in another capacity, but the fact of the matter is that he is actually not her (biological) father as he thought -again, he was deceived, he didn't make a conscious decision to adopt her-, she has a biological father that she should probably get to know, and him being in the picture just seems like something that would add tension and confusion. I think that him rebuilding his life and distancing himself from his ex and her (ex) lover as much as possible (preferably completely, otherwise as much as possible compatibly with the level of engagement he wants to keep towards Beth), should take priority. It's a hard decision, considering that he thought she was his biological daughter, but in light of the situation it's clear that their relationship needs to be redefined. It should be okay, as long as he makes it clear to Beth that it's not her fault. The key fact here is that he did not make a conscious decision to adopt her, he thought she was his biological daughter because he was deceived.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not sure about the usage of words like "caught up", sounds kind of evasive, not really taking responsibility in any meaningful sense. Not sure what her loving her lover or not has to do with anything, the think we are talking about is her betrayal and deception. She could have very well fallen in love with the other guy and left her husband without betraying and deceiving him: that wouldn't have been a breach of the basic standard of honesty and expect he had every right to expect. As it stands, this just means that she betrayed and deceived him for a meaningless fling, to boot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One thing to point out is that her not sleeping with her husband after her lover was all about her, as everything else here. Not that this supposed guilt did any good, since it was manifestly not enough to stop her from doing. Completely useless, the definition of "too little, too late", crocodile tears. Her loving her lover or not is wholly besides the point: she could have very well loved the guy and left her husband without betraying or deceiving him, and it wouldn't have been a breach of the basic expectation of trust and respect between the two of them. The issue here is with her betrayal and deception, and in that sense her not loving the other guy just means that she deliberately hurt and humiliated, betrayed and deceived her partner for a meaningless fling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not at all clear what the relevance the working relationship between his (ex) wife and her lover was, and why they discussed it with his lawyer... she was clearly a willing and enthusiastic participant, so not sure about its legal relevance, in reference to his divorce or even generally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He might think that the child out of wedlock was a misfortune, but it's really a blessing, as he kept him from disgracing himself by abandoning the last shred of dignity and self respect he had, and hopefully gave him enough time to understand the basic fact that he deserves better and should really walk away.

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

Liked the story. BUT, I do not like how you left it. The end really sucks, leaving it in the air. And for us to imagine/. BS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He hadn't been with her for nearly two months and now she is two months pregnant? I just hope that he isn't the father of this one either just to show what a slut she is - unfortunately I bet the story will not go in this direction, which will be a pity!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story was about 4 pages too long. MC finds explicit sex letters that are dated. MC looks at the last one documenting where she had unprotected sex. Checks daughter's birth date and goes back to conception date and sees the timelines match. He should have done the DNA test the first night and kicked the bitch to the curb right after getting DNA confirmation a week later. Damn!! In 4 sentences I did what the author took 6 pages to do.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalabout 2 years ago

If you're going to base a modern story around love letters they should read like love letters not "let me write physical love letters purely for providing point by point exposition to the reader of this story I'm in" letters. He must have the world's strongest dick game to land a married woman if thats his seduction

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalabout 2 years ago

also the fact that it took him so long to connect the dots that the kid might not be his makes him look stupid. its like the first question a father would ask when he finds out the mother cheated

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 years ago

Hmm! A bit of "a Curates Egg" this story, isn't it? I found it quite well written, in an easy-going, easy-flowing story with decent grammar & spelling enabling the reader to slide through it as easily as a rock-hard, hot-'n-'sweaty, horny, member, though a liberally-lubricated Grand Cavern! And that certainly did speed the reader through the narrative until perhaps somewhere maybe around halfway down the second page,when subtle as it started out, the obvious wrinkle in the continuity timeline cast a paternity shadow, -aha, OK! But we then were directed back to it, referred and re-referred, over-and-over again, until it started to become a tedium! . .

Yes we get it! ..and again, ..and again, until the whole World-and-his-Wife are more than aware, as enters pantomime proportions! But then speedily slips to a climatic, cliff-hanging conclusion(?) yet another variation on a theme! .

So here we all are, sitting on the edge of our Tushes, waiting for "the-BIG-reveal" in the pending conclusion!

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 2 years ago

A couple you have mentioned and I've gotta agree that the first thing I'd check if I was married to a cheater is whether the children are mine.

I knew she was trying to get pregnant and I almost think she wanted him to find letters. How could she forget they were there. All part of her plan to cuckold him.

Dlh143Dlh143about 2 years ago

For God's sake, don't turn this into a shitty reconciliation story! I thought this was pretty good, but any reconciliation would turn this into a less than 1 star story. Let this man find real love and the cheating slut end up with no kids and no life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I decided to read another one of the author’s works, and boy was I surprised. It seems he/she has written another story where the wife has an affair, gets pregnant with that man’s baby, and tries to get her husband to be the father. In the end, he does. And happily! Expect the same ending in this story. If the author is male..a Cuck. A female…a Feminist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5*. Come on, continue the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story must have a reconciliation ending. It has nowhere else to go. This is fine. It was setup to become just that. Any other way, it will become a badly written story. The author knows this and is trying to make the next chapter as good as the first. Just do it already…your score will be much higher. And have a happier group of writers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story, with hard reality intruding! Could go forward, with the birth (of his child?) but paternity would have to be determined. She could have been cheating again and got pregnant by her lover. It is NOT inconceivable, because the same frenzy in her love making is again overtaking her, as when Jake got her pregnant. She must have considered the possibility when she stopped with Jake and so the frenzied love making with James. This story could get very complicated, if the author wished to take it in that direction. 5*s.

LucasredLucasredalmost 2 years ago

I gave you a '3'. I would have given you a '4' but the child paternity was so blatant a blind man could see it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

> I was hoping I would be writing you a love letter and a pledge to do my best to move forward with our marriage, but if you recall I had a few things left to work through before I promised we could be together. Unfortunately, the reason we won't be is enclosed in the envelope from Syme Laboratories.

Pathetic... I would say "fortunately" here, because biology saved him from his own stupidity. He will note that all the elements in her actions that now, correctly, made him walk away from her were exactly the same elements that were there before, biology simply rescued him from his lack of basic dignity and self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There is literally zero reasons he should need his first child being her lover's to decide to leave her: had she been his, or had his wife not had a baby or become pregnant with her first child, he would still have had all the reasons for divorcing her, which he should have in any case. By the same token, there is no reason for him to reconsider this decision if she is pregnant with his child, and this is not even considering that she had made the decision about her second pregnancy without even discussing it with him (initial argument being about her unilaterally deciding to go off the pill a few weeks before and having another kid, which does seem rather suspicious -another attempt to hide her affair like with the first kid?-, but even best case scenario, is still another pretty major indication that he cannot trust her (not that her being a serial cheater and liar that would have continued to deceive him for his entire life if he had not discovered the truth wouldn't, by itself, be more than enough to make that point). In short, he should get as far away from her as he can and break off all contacts, if he has any dignity and self respect left, or any sense of self worth, really: she obviously didn't think he deserved any respect, or even to be treated like an equal, a human being with the right to make fully informed decisions, choosing instead to take away his ability to choose and treat him like an object she could dispose of as she wished, making major decisions about his life without giving him any choice in the matter, if she even bothered to inform him that there was a choice to be made, by getting off the pill for weeks without telling him, or by setting out to deceive him for the rest of his life and deprive him of the ability to choose to be with someone that actually deserved his trust and respect.

crimsonlashercrimsonlasheralmost 2 years ago

When is the next part coming out..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When is the next part coming out

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

> I always chose you

Given the fact she was having an affair, this is blatantly false.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

> Surely you can see that I love you so much and would die for you, can't you?

She kept the letters and never gave him a choice to make an informed decision, treating him like an object she could dispose of like she wanted, rather than an equal partner.

>"Jimmy, I never ever let you touch me for days after I was with him. I spent hours trying to scrub away the guilt and shame in the shower, before I would be with you. I disrespected you and myself enough just by being with him, and there is absolutely no way I would do that to you."

Not sure how this makes anything better (translated, he never got any for days after she was done with her lover).

>Dr. Walton jumped in at that point and said, "James, I don't think you or Diane ever will forget what she did. Forgetting and forgiving are totally different things. I think Diane has punished herself more than either of us could ever do with words or actions, so eventually you will have to decide if you still love her, can forgive her, and can let her earn your trust again."

Hogwash and sophistry, the perp is not the victim, and it's unclear in which dimension her continuing to deceive the guy for four years apparently without any guilt or sign she intended to ever come clean is supposed to inspire any trust: it was clearly a self serving attempt to deprive him of the ability to make an informed decision. The same goes for al the "forgive and move on" narrative: unclear why he would ever want to do that, if he had any spine. He should correctly think that he deserves better, and she knowingly stole four years of his life, depriving him of the ability to make an informed decision and potentially spend them and build a family with someone that actually deserved him. Would he have had a kid and tied himself down to her, had he known what she had done? She basically deceived him and made such a central decision for his life for him, getting off the pill while hiding the truth from him and, as it turned out, having her lover's kid instead (but it would have hardly been better had that random accident of biology not happened... given that, he should be thankful it did, since that made him recover a sliver of self respect; she not only deceived him, but willingly chose to bound him to her by having a child with him and not giving him a choice in the matter -getting off the pill for a couple of weeks without informing him, not to mention hiding her true nature and actions from him and not letting him make an informed decision, but on the contrary adding manipulation to deception and making the choice to get pregnant without informing him of her affair or of her decision to get off the pill... and the worst thing was that he would have let himself be manipulated into it, had she not conceived her lover's child instead, like someone falling victim of a scam and stupidly persisting due to sunken cost fallacy instead of having the courage of facing reality and the unpleasant truth-). Not sure why counseling should be mandatory in any case -here we are talking about adults making decisions about their lives, and he is forced to sit there like a school kid, being patronized and hearing the deception being minimized, euphemized, excused away, rationalized in waves of hand-waving sophistry, as if he owed her forgiveness (or anything at all) just because now she asked for it (but only after her affair, deception and scheme to tie him to her without giving him a choice in the matter, or even making him aware there was one... let's remember that she is now feeling sorry she was discovered, but she did not inform him *before* starting a family with him and actually let him make an informed decision, nor did she show any inkling of wanting to tell him at any point in nearly half a decade, almost a decade if you consider the span of the affair)-.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Looking at the counseling session, it is pretty hard to understand why would he actually believe her or trust her, given the reality that, factually speaking, she deceived him for the last four years and he was none the wiser, therefore there is a clear precedent of him taking her at her word and her deceiving him. The counselor, despite any hogwash she might spout, also clearly does not have any particular insight or special information that would make her claims as to the wife's trustworthiness more believable. As for the wife's claim that she has no reason to lie to him, that is also blatantly false, factually speaking: her words put her in the best light, and just recently he witnessed her try to lie even when caught red handed about not knowing her lover, or him being a past relationship (thankfully he noticed the dates), so the incentive to lie about the meaningfulness of the relationship in order to improve her case is clearly one reason she would have to not be forthcoming for the truth, and factually speaking, she had just engaged in exactly that behavior when he confronted her about knowing her lover (trying to pass it off as a former relationship). Factually speaking, her lover's words, given they were meant for her and not for her husband's consumption, are much more believable -and contrary to her, he did not just attempt to deceive him and pass her lover off as a former boyfriend, and for that matter would have no incentive to lie to her in order to deceived her husband, given that he didn't expect the latter to read the letters; plus, he was forthcoming about her having second thoughts, etc., and did not paint a one sided, delusional picture in the letters, so his comments about the rest of her behavior do appear much more believable, also considering he did not have an incentive to lie to her husband, while she obviously has every incentive to minimize and euphemize her three years of cheating and what, seven? of deception-.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To point out the obvious, twice she went off the pill without informing him for two weeks (not even mentioning hiding the three year affair for what, sever years?) and making the decision to have a kid and tie him to her without giving him any choice in the matter. Not sure, therefore, that any of the kids being him should in any way lead to him actually playing along with her deception and let himself be bound in that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Seconding the question about when the next installment of this is going to be. Might be a good idea to link to other spin offs in the description/notes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Stating the obvious, but with regards to her not using a condom, the pill is not exactly a 100% fool proof method, plus there are other reasons to use protection, such as preventing STDs (especially given she was also having sex with her husband, that would have been a concern as well on his side, though obviously the last of his problems in the large scheme of things).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The reflective stare and the fact that she kept the letters kind of invalidate her self serving words (as does the fact that she tried to pass her lover off as an old boyfriend right before, so she is clearly willing to try to spin this in the most favorable light for her). Besides that, not sure what she expects one to say at her proclamation that she chose him... thanks for nothing? Stating the obvious, namely that she didn't give him the courtesy to actually make a choice, or even let him know that there was a choice to make? No informed decision for him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I found her self serving protestation, his lack of self worth and the counselor's hogwash and sophistry (when she didn't really have any more insight and information into what actually happened in the past than any of them -no idea why he let himself be patronize and being bamboozled into actually going along with this, when he started out correctly wanting to divorce, in a place of self worth that was much more psychologically healthy: he believed he deserved better than an almost half a decade affair followed by an almost decade long deception, then let himself get groomed into Stockholm syndrome/battered housewife coming back for more, though in this case we are talking about emotional abuse, deception and manipulation, by the unimpressive dunning-kruger counsellor, really an accomplice in his wife's scam... not sure why an adult would undercut himself in such a manner, the victim sanctioning his abuse and abuser-) equally repulsive. The only character I was not disgusted by was the kid, really.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Shitty story. Even more shitty ending. Too many words, too few contents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A lot of twists and turns heading nowhere. Divorce the psycho and be done with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

where is the rest .......need to finnish it

BrookeTabbyBrookeTabbyalmost 2 years ago

Are we going to see a part2?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He started to get seriously whiney... And the paternity issue was telegraphed a little too much... But all in all his whining really started getting on my nerves...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I want to know what happened next. He better not go back to her. He deserves so much better after all the hell she puts him through

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

loved the story but need to find out what is going to happen now. Please continue with the story soon .I would like to find out was she pregnant with the other mans baby again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story was a bit infuriating. I thought if the DNA as soon there was a problem with the dates. Further her coming off the pill without informing James means she is a bitch. Another issue is, she knew she was pregnant the first time which is why she had sex with her husband so much after her 'fling' stopped. The issue the courts will not take into account is, if James had know about the affair he would have divorced her, got a DNA and that would be finalised. Thus she would NOT be pregnant now by James.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

FTDS

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 2 years ago

Pretty good story. So far no over the top violence against Jake. (I really hate that trope. Especially if the aggrieved husband gets away with it). Very heart wrenching and realistic. Nicely done.

-

One issue though. When did James chaange lawyers? On page three, hehires Barbara Hensley, but, at the and of page six, the lawyer's name is Brian Jenkins. Stil, all in all, a good story. Looking forward to the next chapter. Story ended on a great cliffhanger.

-

Pasqual

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Engaging story! Hope the author finishes it soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Any time frame for next part?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It always make me sad when a very young and soon to be confused child end up suffering. I remembered reading a story where the 4 year old daughter died due to the ego or both parents (from another author). Anyway, i love many of your stories and hope to see more of your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She cucked him.

Das it mang. Can't be with her anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It figures. This author finally writes a halfway decent story saying it is chapter 1. More than 2 months has passed by and still no chapter 2.

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 2 years ago

Just another unfinished story!1*

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Come on. Next chapter...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked it a lot. Looking forward to the next Chapter to see what resolution is reached.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 2 years ago

Super story

Need the next rendition

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazing! Need chapter 2 ASAP!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

FUCKING STUPID CUCK!! GET A FUCKING DNA FONE ON BETH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

YOU CAN GET S DNA TEST ON AN UNBORN FOETUS YOU STUPID CUNT WRITER

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs a chapter 2, daughter needs to find out she has a full brother ASAP.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

Well done and eager to read where you go with this. Very painful situation for the husband.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Why do writers on here always portray the husband as some weak man who cries, pukes and runs off and hides like a little boy, instead of facing issues like a man? Real men are not like that.

As for Beth, he is just flat stupid. I has loved her, raised her, and it shouldn't make a bit of difference whose DNA created her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ok cant wait for more part 2 and up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Besides this story, the author wrote several more, that would be considered no where near completion. His last entry was over a year ago and it seems like he left Literotica.

The stories he did write were really very good. The should be taken up by authors who know how to finish a story. No matter how it ends

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

After reading this story, I thought the rating was a bit low. Then noticed the date of this story and understood the impatience of a lot of the readers. I would think the rating was affected by those who came in late to this story and felt like the writer had left. If so, maybe some other authors might like to pick up a rather good 1st chapter work, and run with it. If the original author is still out there, end it. Five Star chapter one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this . A good read as far as I am concerned . Solid 5 * rating .

I don't see James as being weak at all . Finding out that the wife you love with your whole being had enjoyed a short but passionate affair would leave anyone husband feeling devastated , useless , humiliated and more .

That it happened several years ago and she has been nothing but a true and loving wife since makes little difference . He has only just discovered her infidelity and so has to go through the emotional turmoil and discover where his feelings now lie . Having a child together further complicates the decision making process .

The DNA test proved to be the deciding factor , time to call quits and get over it ?

It is what it is .... some men can never fully accept a child fathered by another , and given these set of circumstances , why should He .

The ending leaves us with the possibility of a part 2 . I for one would enjoy seeing how this plays out .

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Like the story but where is part II?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was obvious that the first child was not his and the reason that she was screwing him relentlessly again was to cover up for getting pregnant by her lover again. Or perhaps she knew she wanted the second kid to look like the first and went back to the well again for that purpose.

Knoxhard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I hope you will finish this. I have been coming everyday for 2 months just to see if you wrote the next part and i feel like giving up

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous