All Comments on 'Love Letters in the Attic Ch. 01'

by JClife

Sort by:
  • 336 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I hope you are well. Like most previous commenters, I would like to see the finality of your story.

bigeightguybigeightguy6 months ago

Where is chapter 2???

Burner70Burner706 months ago

Guess the author shit the bed. RIP unfinished story guy

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well the author did say it was his last. The thing that really gets up my snout is the legal system. Had James known about her adultery he would have divorced her when she was seeing the dipstick at work and if there was a paternity issue it would have been sorted out then. Therefore, she would have been unable to have his baby now (divorced) which is her fault for not being open and honest about her banging sessions . The problem is the courts don't see it as such so the poor James has to carry the can.

Depending on what the courts say the only way to go is to get Dipstick to pay for Beth back and forward costs. Rent his own hovel and live by himself with her in the current home. Get her to get a job and get her parents to look after the children when she works. The only other cheap option is to go rough and just go to the other end of the country and go off grid. No fault divorces should be outlawed. All it does it make the guilty parties get off relatively scot free and the innocent ones are left to pay for the wrongdoers. Totally out of order. Defiantly not cricket, old boy. Don't you know.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hello, FTDS, where are you? This badly needs a sequel.

MarkT63MarkT635 months ago

FTDS. Poor bastard...

orion2bear2orion2bear25 months ago

Don't start a story if you will not finish it

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really needs a part 2. Thank you.

avidreader62avidreader625 months ago

I hope the author is still publishing and will finish this story. My take from the very beginning was that she was pregnant and needed to have sex enough with her husband so that he would believe the baby was his. As soon as the letters were read, my first thought was “DNA testing now for Beth”. I would be shocked if the next installment of this story (if there is one) did not reveal she went back to Jake in recent months and became pregnant again. Was it she choice or was Jake blackmailing her is the only question is cannot answer.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Your lack of an ending destroyed your entire story. If you can't end a story, don't write the fucking thing. You've already made James a disgusting cuckold wimp...we know she's a cheating whore...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

WTF ????

murfncalmurfncal2 months ago

i have know men who love their wives and still have affairs. I guess the writer may have come into some kind of problem since he stopped writing. I am assuming he does not know how long it takes to get thepill out of your system when you stop taking it. I have known women to get preg while taking the pill maybe someone else will finish it

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorabout 2 months ago

Very well-written story. Please finish it. It is too good to leave it . . . hanging. And make it a RAAAC. (The middle A is for 'almost'.) And screw the critics. We just aren't all as perfect as they tell us they are. Life is about overcoming hard problems, not running from them. James is a strong man, looking for wisdom and looking for solutions. He is a man who loves his family, in spite of their faults. Diane is basically a good woman who has or had a glitch. But she truly does love James and she has proven over four years that loves him and that she can and will be a good wife. "What God has joined together let no man put asunder." That includes the Burn the Bitchers. In fact, especially the Bitchers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Talk about one intriguing situation. I must say that although I had a feeling he wasn't the 'sperm donor' it still took me by surprise seeing it written down. Of course it's just Part One of the overall story hopefully. Well-done, JClife

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

is there a chapter 2

drbenchpress66drbenchpress66about 2 months ago

I’m still on the fence about whether or not she’s lying but if she’s not then she’s probably one of the dumbest women ive read on here, not sure which one is better

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 2 months ago

I mean for sure you go off the pill and then give your extramarital lover one last chance to cum in you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

theVikingSailor misses the point here. It wasn't necessarily JUST the wrong sperm donor child that created the issue here. She had one last bareback with the lover, meaning she willingly accepted the risk of pregnancy because she still had feelings for him. That she 'chose' her husband after the fact means nothing because she should have to 'choose' in the first place. She committed sustained infidelity, and unknowingly foisted the result on her husband. Not much else to say. If they didn't already have previous kids to stabilize that marriage, she nettled his future familial ambitions, not to mention always having to wonder and obtain DNA tests on future children. Just not a way for a loving husband to live. Her infidelity and it's consequences weren't just a hard issue to slog through, but a living presentation of her mental instability in the household. It isn't running away to move on to another loving relationship where such inconstancy doesn't stare you in the face. You marry to be happier in life and not suffer like some self-flagellant penitenti.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 month ago

El autor se murió?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

the author never finished finished this story . He hasn’t posted a story in almost 2 years. Too bad. This one had promise

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

She doesnt need to be burned but reconciliation would be insane. He's raising another man's baby! Anyone who says they should reconcile is obviously mentally ill. This is about looking in the mirror and saying that you deserve to be happy, you deserve a child of your own, you deserve respect.

Dude the VikingSailor is a man with no self-respect. Your god is insane.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Men are being taught by feminism to forgive cheating, fuck that ditch the bitch and get on with life.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Men court and marry women with previous children all the time. But it's a matter of understanding and accepting the 'package deal'. What this wife did really wasn't easily forgivable given doubts about her motives. Whatever her declarations, she did keep the letters, and did a one last fuck after going off 'the pill' to go back to her husband. How fucked up is that mixed up motive? Those together would give significant doubt to any sane man, particularly a husband. So he was exactly right in his response that he would never really know her real feelings if they stayed together. And since the daughter wasn't biologically his, it would not matter if they had more. Too bad there isn't a sequel, but if the story followed reality, he might or might not stay married to her with another child that was his. Happens more often than you think, but what would the quality of that marriage be? Not good given the doubts would always remain. Who wants to live like that, as only cohabiting co-parents? What point is reconciliation without loving intimacy? Some people might learn to forgive and forget but why take that risk if still young enough to start again?

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

I mean, obviously he understand *what* happened, not sure why he would need to understand *why*, given that he didn't deserve to be treated without a shred of loyalty, honesty and respect. His wife tried to deceive him even after he discovered he letters. Not sure what attoney would suggest not getting a divorce in this circumstance, or how it would make sense for anyone that cared about him on any level to suggest he stay with her. In that respect, glad the kid was not his, but in terms of the betrayal, even it if was there was more than enough to get a divorce. As for the pregnancy impacting the divorce, not sure why it would matter, legally, and why they would ever decide to keep the kid, as opposed to getting an abortion. It doesn't really make sense for them to keep the baby given the situation, unless it was for some kind of religious reason (but they are contemplating a divorce, so I doubt it).

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Contra theVikingSailor, staying with her would be the most cowardly and spineless example of self delusion, and burying his head in the sand like an ostrich that one could imagine, basically running away from reality. A rat crawling back to the sewer (his wife), or maybe a worm (an invertebrate is a more apt description for someone without a spine). This is just sunken cost fallacy and fear of remaining alone, instead of looking at the billions of other possible partners that would never consider treating him with zero loyalty, honesty and respect.

It is not about the kid not being his, frankly: there are plenty of circumstances where this would not be an issue in the same way, such as someone having kids from previous relationships. Might be a problem for some, but not for others. Here, the issue is his wife's betrayal, and frankly, had the kid been his he should have divorced here all the same. The kid bit is relevant in that it was 1) the product of her infidelity, and 2) she knew that there was at least a chance that it was not his, and she deceived him about it. Quite frankly, she tried to deceive him about the letters even after he confronted her about them.

I disagree with the notion that the key aspect here would be her actions not being understandable or him not having a clear explanation: there is simply no explanation that would make what she did to him acceptable, it would only mean that "insert X" was, when push came to shove, more important to her than treating him with basic loyalty, honesty and respect. Frankly, it's not about it being easy or hard to forgive and forget. It's about it making sense, and in this case it very much does not make sense for him to put up with such a toxic, disloyal and untrustworthy person. Frankly, it's utterly unrealistic for him to even consider staying with her, considering what she had put him through. Sure, there are battered housewives that come back for more, not exactly something one likes to see (someone should inform theVikingSailor that such a wife running away from her wife beating husband is not a sign of cowardice, but of common sense... and even "running away"... we are talking about separating herself from someone utterly toxic that mistreated them and hurt them, which makes absolute sense). It's impossible to understand why anyone with any shred of self respect would want to stay with a liar and a cheater. She is not worthy of his loyalty and trust because she betrayed his loyalty and broke his trust. Him doing anything less than cutting contact as far as was compatible with eventual co-parenting responsibilities would be something that would make me worried for his self dignity.

At a basic level, actions have consequences, and in some cases they might be reversible (such as giving back a stolen good), and in some other cases they are not. In this case there is literally nothing she can do, factually speaking, to undo what she had done. It is absolutely a deal breaker. I mean, we are talking about a pathological liar. The suggestion from... Barbara? that he ought to stay with her... because of the bureaucratic and financial mess that a divorce might become? Are we crazy? Attorneys get paid exactly for this purpose. This is why we have divorce.

At a fundamental level, he had a person in mind, someone that was loyal and trustworthy and that would never betray him like his wife did. This person did not exist outside his cranium. Instead, there was a stranger that betrayed him in any conceivable way, and is still trying to deceive him even after he came out with the letters. And that might even have married him while deceiving about who was the kid's biological father, or at least hiding from him that it might have been her lover's.

I mean, not disclosing the betrayal and essentially stealing years of his life, which he could have spent with someone that was actually worthy of his loyalty and trust -which, again, factually speaking she was not, given that she betrayed him and betrayed his trust-, treating him like an object and not allowing him to make an informed decision... if she even put him in a situation where they have a child together and he is the biological father, it would be even more horrific, let alone if she actually carries the pregnancy to term... this all starts to seem like some sort of entrapment where she wants to chain him to herself even while he tries to escape this horrific nightmare of a situation that she had lured him into via her deception

But, again, this is not about them having children together or not. And the daughter stuff and continued lying might be twists of the knife, as the fact that she kept the letters, or whatever she felt for her lover. But at a very basic level, her being unwilling to show her partner basic loyalty, honesty and respect are already deal breakers. Anyone with any level of self esteem would know that they deserve better, and that most people aren't like this, and that they could do better with basically anyone else. So no reason to keep a liar and a cheater in his life.

I mean, realistically, quite frankly people routinely cut toxic people out of their lives for much, much less serious offenses. Marriages end over much less.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The very notion that there would be any hesitation about leaving, no matter the paperwork or financial cost, is frankly unfathomable. There is frankly not even any reason for him to dive into the details of what she felt for the guy, her reasons, etc. Did he do anything to deserve being treated in this manner? No. Did he treat her in this manner? No. So, there is absolutely no reason for him to hold her to a lower standard. If he is willing to show loyalty, honesty and respect, there is no reason that he shouldn't expect to be treated the same way, and conversely, if she had shown him no loyalty, honesty and respect, she is no owed, and has no right to expect, any in return.

This is about respecting basic boundaries, meeting certain expectations, having basic standards, knowing that there are tons of people in the world, and that the vast majority have a basic understanding of the golden rule and basic loyalty, honesty and respect, people do have healthy relationship where they don't lie to each other (in her case, not only deliberately deceiving him for years, including about the kid's questionable paternity given the circumstances around her conception, but also gas-lighting him after he discovered the truth, trying to make him believe that he was unfairly suspicious). He can do better. There are a lot of good people in the world. Frankly, if he wants any proof, he should just look himself in the mirror and realize that he is one of them: he never thought about betraying or deceiving her. Surely he realizes that there are women that share his same attitude and that would have never treated him like his wife did?

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The new kid really wouldn't change anything compared to the situation where he was the daughter's biological father, before knowing the truth about that. Meaning that he should want to leave regardless. This, aside from the fact that carrying this pregnancy to term would be utter insanity, given how they are now and the fact that, for obvious reasons, he want to divorce her. Frankly, her wanting to carrying the child to term would seem to me like a way to coerce him into staying with her, a notion he should very quickly disabuse her of: there is no reason for him not to divorce her, and even if she chose to have the kid, being a parent in no way required him to be married to that woman. Again, divorced parents do in fact exist.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

One could have hardly made his wife more self absorbed and delusional. Them having kids together or not does not matter at all (there is such a thing as divorced parents, and in many cases, such parents break up over matter quite a bit less serious than what she has done to him).

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Contra theVikingSailor, and in addition to some other commenters that correctly pointed out to him that they were in a monogamous relationship and the expectation was that they wouldn't be seeing other people behind each other's back anyway, so her having a lover on the side was in and of itself problematic, the key point him is not his wife choosing him over her lover, but her intentionally depriving her husband of the ability to make an informed choice himself, by literally deceiving him for years.

So, on one hand, it's all well and good to go all "What, he should be saying thank you because after treating him with no loyalty, honesty and respect she chose to stay around and continue to hide the truth from him for years, until he discovered the letters? He was supposed to be thankful for being betrayed, deceived and treated as an object, deprived of the ability to make an informed decision about who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with?", but in terms of "choice", the latter is the key point, really: this is not about her choosing him over her lover (she wasn't supposed to have a lover in the first place, anyway, given that they were supposed to be in a committed monogamous relationship), it's about her not giving him the ability to make an informed decision by continuing to deceive him about the affair basically until he discovered the letters (to be more precise, she even tried to lie in the face of such incontrovertible evidence). She was able to make her choice, but she hid from him the relevant facts and the full context, depriving him of the ability to make an informed decision, and essentially stealing years of his life that he could have spent in the company of someone actually worthy of his loyalty and trust (which, having been disloyal and having broken his trust, she, factually speaking, was not).

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I mean, is there even a question as to whether to stay or leave? It's really a no brainer: she betrayed him and would have been ready to deceive him forever, so he should get a divorce as fast as possible. In fact, she had already stolen years of his life from him, treating him like an object she could dispose of, as if only her choice and decision mattered, as if it was all about her choosing him over her lover, and there was no need for him to know the truth and be allowed to make an informed decision. But there very much is such a need: he is not an object that has no opinions of his own, he is a living person that has every right to be able to make an informed decision about something as important as his life partner. She was worried that he would leave her? Well, that's "exactly" why he should have been told the truth, because that's exactly what him being able to make an informed decision is. This is equivalent to saying that she intentionally deceived him "exactly" because she wanted to stop him from making an informed decision, because she might not have liked said decision. But that was not her call to make. This was entirely self serving. But she has already demonstrated how self absorbed she was, so he should not have been surprised. So, he is dealing with a liar and a cheater that was more than willing to steal years of his life: literally any regular person he might have met on the street would have been a better choice, even just because they had not betrayed and deceived him like his wife did. I mean, would he have betrayed and deceived his spouse? No. And obviously, he is not unique in this regard, so just find someone else which would treat their partner with basic loyalty, honesty and respect, and go date them. Not exactly a high bar: to pretend that it is, is just self serving cynicism. Really, does he think he deserves an applause for not betraying and deceiving his partner? That's kind of the normal, expected behavior. I mean, obviously people don't go into relationship fully expecting that they will be betrayed, and being caught by surprise when it doesn't happen. On the contrary, they assume that they can trust their partners. This is not really a high bar to meet, and his wife failed to meet even such a basic standard. Just like he wouldn't be expecting an applause for behaving like was expected of him, like a normal person would, he shouldn't act as if such a quality was impossible to find in anyone else. We are talking about the bare minimum, and there are are literally billions of people in the world that would meet that basic requirement. His wife is just not one of them.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

There is no way anyone with any level of self respect would run back to the sewer (his wife) like a rat (or a worm, more appropriately, because someone that would do that wouldn't have a spine, and therefore an invertebrate would be a more appropriate comparison). If he did that, he would be nothing but a coward too scared of the unknown and choosing to go with the devil he knows. Well, the devil he knows is still a devil, and better alone than in bad company. Thankfully his wife left the letters around and he discovered he was living a lie, though one wonders why she would do something so idiotic.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I mean, given past evidence, he would be a fool to take his wife's word for it and not have a paternity test, assuming she is even pregnant this time around.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Why keep the letters in the attic? Though thankfully she did, otherwise he would have been in the dark till now.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I must admit that I don't quite understand why she didn't even bother to really hide the letters (putting them in the attic really wasn't sufficient), assuming she wanted to keep them, though I am glad she didn't, given that otherwise he would have been deceived forever. I mean, one hypothesis might be that she wanted to be a able to have them at hand to read them, but it's not clear to me that this is something she did, and if she didn't want to read them, then I see no reason for her not to bury them under a tree, if she didn't want to destroy them. It was obviously a necessary premise for this plot line, but there is really no reason that makes sense within the plot itself that would explain her decision to leave around such compromising materials.

I guess that something I found equally baffling was her trying to pull the "it was before we started dating" spiel, despite knowing the letters had dates on them. And even then, why would her lover date the letters in the first place? For that matter, why would he use paper letters in the first place, rather than sending a text message? I mean, even an email would seem strange for this purpose. Surely them using, say, a burner phone, would have been more secure than leaving an actual paper trail.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I would say that the only thing that could be even more certifiably imbecilic than her deciding to leave the letters in the attic would be him even just taking into consideration the idea of staying with her.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Guy is surely regretting not using protection, both because he just learned that she was sleeping with her lover without a condom while they were together (STS, anyone?), and because there is a chance he got her pregnant right when he was about to finally free himself of her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous