All Comments on 'Love Letters in the Attic Ch. 01'

by JClife

Sort by:
  • 323 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another story of how evil women are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Didn't like it. The fact that the baby wasn't his was obvious on page one. Ending it with her being pregnant only complicates things for me as a reader. I was ready to move on from her pathetic excuses and proclamations of love. Now we have to wade through part two. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm up to it.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

Very good. I'm glad to see he got a DNA paternity test. It seems that this test should be standard for every infant and birth. There are many ways you could take this story. Diane's stress very well may cause a miscarriage, and that would clear up the way for a divorce. Of course if that happens Diane may have a nervous breakdown and attempt (or succeed) at suicide. That would really mess him up. I hope there is some way to go after this Jake - maybe the companies employee handbook has a morals clause, and they certainly violated it. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Unfortunately, I don't see a happy ending for anyone - at least for the next 5 - 15 years.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 2 years ago

I don't like paragraphs like the last few. I appreciate you want to leave the reader with a 'gotcha' moment, but it feels unnecessary after the build up. It was a long story with a lot of dialogue anyway, the ending just wasn't necessary imo

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 years ago

you want feedback? dont wait for feedback

dont post the first part of a story you havent even started finishing.

Finally why did you have her second attempt at getting pregnant mirror her first only for no one to notice the pattern

mordbrandmordbrandabout 2 years ago

Knew the flashback of her was crying in the shower meant that she had found out her lover got her pregnant. Pay the support and leave the bitch, she betrayed him so many times it isn't even funny.

KarnevilKarnevilabout 2 years ago

I didn't read everything, I skimmed most of it after the first couple of pages. The letters idea didn't really work, it was much like the overhead phone call where two people explain everything they already know to one another, a poor technique used to allow the listener to learn what's happened. Here we had the unlikely event that somebody would write a detailed letter, in this day and age? Why not an email? They work together, see each other every day, couldn't they just talk? And why would she keep the letters and store them where they were bound to be found?

Of course, as fits this type of story the husband is perfect in every way, he'll obviously have a female friend somewhere who's been waiting for the chance to get him to herself, and no doubt he'll spend an inordinate amount of time protecting his money.

Nothing remotely original and way too many clichés.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wheeee!

HargaHargaabout 2 years ago

Wow, what a good story so far. Just the right balance between the two of them to make it believable. I pretty much figured early on that Beth wasn't his daughter but that was a nice twist at the end. Well done. The only thing I can't figure out is why the fuck did she keep those letters?

.

Cheers

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

I stopped reading when he got suspicious about the amount of sex they were having, instantly able to discern a look of regret in less than a split second (maybe he should be on Poker Star or a profiler for the FBI if he is that good) and then pissed off because he wasnt included in the decision to get pregnant.

First, you ask any husband if he has sex 8 times in 3 days. Ever.

Second, don’t write bullshit. Men are usually unobservant about their spouse. We don’t pick up on a hair cut let alone facial expressions.

Third: when you’re having unprotected sex, you’re asking to get pregnant. It’s sex 101. Every guy kniws this. You don’t assume or trust the woman is on birth control. You wrap your shit up or you are agreeing yo get pregnant.

As a reader, i hate being lied to by an author.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

Having read the rest of this bullshit,

As far as the courts are concerned, Beth is James’s daughter. She is 3, the only dad she knows and his name is on her birth certificate. He will be paying child support for her as well as alimony.

Also, no court will put a divorce on hold pending a paternity test. You dont need to be married to be paying child support.

In fact, Jimmy will be fucked by the courts 7 ways from Sunday: abandonment, alimony, child support, defrauding his family. The list is long and unfair but it is the law that protects children from deadbeats like Jimmy.

And yes, i call him a deadbeat because he left his family, his financial responsibility and any divorce lawyer will tell him that.

You play the game. You toe the line, you behave like a saint because you fuck up and you’ll end up in prison. This is not a joke. You dont fuck around with divorce court or you will find out.

The system is rigged against men.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Nice touch at the end. It will be interesting to see how you resolve it!

5

EZ8ltEZ8ltabout 2 years ago

I can already see how this will go. She had an affair again, hence why the new kid talk in the beginning, and in truth she's just a notorious fucking liar.

woodwardwoodwardabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story. Well written. It did remind me of a similiar story about a female school teacher who had an affair with the principal of the school.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Posting Chapter 1 when the whole story isn't written is lame.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 2 years ago

If you have a spouse who is cheating on you, then this lawyer is going to rip them to shreds in court or get you a fair deal outside of court. Her name is Barbara Hensley, and just tell her that I recommended her to you.

I deleted those messages and then noticed a missed call from my lawyer, Brian Jenkins. "Oh crap, what now," I muttered as I heard his voice mail telling me something had come up and to call him.

Why go through all of the paperwork with one lawyer and go to a different one after he finally left?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Long winded!

kelchakelchaabout 2 years ago

Dam, a Clife hanger. 5*

Very well done, we still don't know the real wife. My guess would be that the affair never ended and she is again pregnant and lover is the daddy.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Ill give this a 4 for depth of story background and overall good flow…. Good tale of deep cutting despair, but unless i missed something isnt his divorce attorney a woman? If i were to pick at something, the timing of the slut-rutting was apparent way before Jimmy does the test, kinda late in the events, makes Jimmy look kinda slow on the uptake. The “ i love only you” could be missed by Jimmy without knowledge of the affair to bring it into context although he coldness at the time should have tweaked his suspicion if she phrase her love that way before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So well done.

.

"I kept the letters as a reminder of how I lost my way and my self-esteem and my ethics.” Not a chance. She kept those time bombs because they were a tangible reminder to her of the specialness that Jake was to her. She knows she can’t admit that to James, because to do so would forever cement in his mind that he was #2….the “safe” option.

.

That Beth was probably NOT James’ kid was kind of telegraphed in the lead up, but not in a clumsy way. James finding that out pretty much finished off this marriage though. Understandably.

.

So now Dianne is pregnant again. Oh goody….another reason to fuck up James’ life, especially as it is almost certainly his kid. Don’t see how James an find a way to reconcile even if it is his kid….unless he overdoses on cuck theory 😎. But damn….he’s going to really pay now…..just damn.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A typical working wife who cheats with a coworker story. Well written and easy to follow even if there is a bit too much physio babble too justify some of the actions of both parties. The biggest question for me was why didn't James think about the birth of his daughter while remembering the timing of Diane's sessions with Jake. The need for the DNA test was screaming out for attention early in the story line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can't wait to see what he does when the second child is Jake's as well.

Slick742Slick742about 2 years ago

It was kind of obvious she was pregnant from Jake but it was a good lead up to it. Loved it so far....5*

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

The Jake pregnancy was obvious from the start. No way he should ever go back to Diane. Because he'd always hate her for doing this to him. Every day he stayed and tried to make a family, he'd hate her. He needs to get away ASAP. D

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 2 years ago

Took a bit to get to the point of DNA. It we got there. A little heavy handed. That would have been the first thing that would have popped into the mind of an average joe who got the timeline… I guess we meet Jake at some point. And our hero will be reeled in by his wife. Please don’t make the counsellor a RAAC type. Keep the existential choice real. His wife has a really cool id manifesting here. Freud would have been proud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

so far Jake is still just a presence in the story but yet a major player due to his involvement with Diane. This maybe the twist as so far the story telling has been relatively linear. Hoping the next section helps bring the various elements together; i.e., characters get introduced then never resolved.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3about 2 years ago

I saw the second pregnancy coming, however, the story was still well written and you captured the emotions very well.

Looking forward to part 2

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

Sad to say but what we have here can easily be termed ‘the curse of the liar’ once a lie has been found out the liar will always be doubted. Professing undying love then is irrelevant because the curse negates all subsequent statements.

As to the ending here, who didn’t know that was coming.

Still looking forward to the next part though. The author does write well.

straightshooter1958straightshooter1958about 2 years ago

Plenty of angst! Looking forward to the next installment, hopefully with some pain for Jake!

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

He has his hands full with this bitch. She cheats because she wants to feel young and free. She goes off the pill then has unprotected sex with the asshole. Then-maybe to cover all her bases- she suddenly loves her hubby so much, she must fuck him silly to have his baby. While it’s possible she never suspected Jake knocked her up, she had to have known it was possible. Maybe there’s an old DNA test in the bottom of the box in the attic.

She dodges a bullet and try’s to make it up to hubby by being a good wife. Then she proves, once again, she thinks only of what she wants by going off the pill without discussing it with James. Now she’s prego with James’ kid, forcing him to make another tough decision.

Also, the bit about keeping the letters to remind herself of how stupid she’d been - BULLSHIT! If anything, she would have ripped them to shreds in anger, not preserved them like a treasure. Saving the letters puts a lie to all she said about not loving Jake. James was right, she just picked the safe choice and the second kid is the cement she hopes will bind James to her.

Story was well written. No doubt there will be demands you tell us what James does about his new circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"James, Diane is pregnant and she swears the baby is definitely yours." Wow!! I sure didn't see that coming. Looking forward to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thought it was great.

Love the way you left my t open at the end.

LET THEM GET BACK TOGETHER .

Not a btb but a singe the b.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

More feminized slop....marriage and relationships are all about feelings. Then we have the witch doctor and a torrent of psychobabble. And we're supposed to believe that the slut kept the letters because she wanted to remind herself of her sin? The letters are the device that drives the plot, but that rationale for keeping them is absurd. If the psychobabble had been left out and the MC REASONED like an adult man instead of wallowing in "feeeeelings" like a femnized bitch, then the twist at the end could have been interesting had it been explored. As it is, the reader is left with the impression that the weak, needy husband character will return to the slut. IRL, there would be every reason to think that the slut knew the baby wasn't her husband's. The sudden fuck fest after her last time with Jake was almost certainly intended to give her cover with her husband if Jake had impregnated her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I smell an awful raac incoming. This cheating slut doesn't deserve it.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

It's funny how in all stories there is almost never a divorce while in real life those who represent it about 45% of marriages.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

Excellent start. Five stars and I hope part two is coming very soon

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Well, the story is long and at time drags on. The hanging question with respect to DNA was obvious from almost the beginning. The final paternity suit was an excellent lead into another chapter. Ps: You don't screw someone for four weeks without feelings.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

very good story even if the issue of Beth's birth was in doubt, at least at least a DNA check.

the MC knows that his wife fucked his lover in a period close to conception and has no questions?

It seems a little implausible!

Whether he wants to verify is another debate, but doubt is forced knowing lies and deceit.

That the MC does not question, seems a bit stupid.

What about the second pregnancy?

- Either the child is not his, and this confirms his wife's betrayal.

- Either it is his, but that does not detract from 2 things:

1) the first betrayal

2) And the sneaky way of conceiving the second pregnancy.

The woman also seems to be a very manipulative person in her basic functioning.

And without trust and respect, a partnership cannot work.

It may even hide another sexual affair.

Like half of all marriages, it should normally end in divorce.

Karn9Karn9about 2 years ago

Nice twisted ending, part 2 in theater soon! 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She absolutely cannot be trusted. Did she get pregnant with Jake's kid on purpose? Did she know Beth was Jake's kid up front and did the baby making thing as cover? Did she restart the baby making process because she is already pregnant with Jake's kid again or because she found out Beth wasn't his?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This reminded me of when my wife left her diary open on the dresser when she went to work and curiosity got to me. We had been married about a year and my wife was pregnant with our first child. As iI read entrees,I came across one about 5 months before our wedding with a heart drawn beside it. It described how she had run into an old boyfriend that she had dated as a teen. That she wished he had been her first. She said they had gone for a drink to talk and catch up on what was happening in their lives. Their discussion ended up with them both saying they wish they had had sex when they dated. After s couple if drinks they ended up in the backseat of his car fucking like they were those 2 teens. I was devastated until I read the next entry with several hearts drawn , were she said she felt guilty but glad she had sex with him because she now knew her love for me was far more important.

After I thought it through I realized how great our marriage was and that it was really just a sexual experience she needed to bring her to being ready for marriage. We have been married for a long time now.

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Outstanding story!! You really know how to pull your readers into a story and feel the emotions of your characters. I really wish I was able to write well enough to do a chapter 2 for this but alas writing a good story is not one of my talents. Especially attempting to follow up a great story like this one.

You've really have positioned Jimmy between a rock and a hard place with very little wiggle room. He's definitely got some soul searching to do. Right now I'm not totally against a reconciliation and I really don't think Diane deserves to burn. She comes across in your story as very remorseful and sorrowful for what she did. Her explanations even seem logical to me. HOLY COW!! I must be getting soft in my old age. 🙄 I'm sure some will be asking me to turn in my man card.

Looking forward to your follow-up and I hope a few of the another great writers working in LW will do their version of chapter 2 also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a heart-rending story! It cannot possibly end well for either of the adults, nor the children. But we will have to see whether I am right or wrong, won't we - please hurry the next part along!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story is well written and certainly elicited emotion, but I have a constant problem with counseling. The private meeting first just gives them a chance to work out and perfect their stories while questioning from the counselor points out inconsistent or misleading statements. And that’s IF the counselor is unbiased! I know I’m suspicious and untrusting but it’s a lesson learned from experience.

An old curmudgeon

jaythemanjaythemanabout 2 years ago

Nice, thought provoking piece. I will be looking forward to the next chapter. I don't like a reconciliation with a child being fathered by the asshole. The wife had to have known that there was a better than decent chance of Jake being the father. Any type of relationship going forward would have to involve the wife going after Jake hard, either legally or in a more personal way. The husband should insist on that. Plus, he should have a lifetime hall pass so she feels it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Diane needs to pay big time.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

A very tough Story to read that is both psychologically and emotionally draining and powerful. And on top of that it is well really written story.

.

Once they came out in the story however that the wife seeing her boyfriend lover saw him one last time and did not use a condom Became pretty obvious that the three-year-old daughter was actually the other guy daughter.

.

Her entire reasoning about ending the affair is really just nonsense..

.

If as she claims she woke up from a fpg and realized what she was doing and decided to break things off then why would did she go back and have sex One more time and even more shockingly without any protection?????

.

How was that ending the affair?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

His or not, he will be paying for their upbringing anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fuck, and that poor bastard already thought that his life couldn't get any worse.

Then this happens.

It's like getting the shitty end of the stick, minus the stick

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

Decent but a little to drawn out. Why is it that every aggrieved husband has to cut and run while talking to his cheating wife? Deal with it like a man who is the head of the household rather than a weak indecisive whimp. Last would like to know more about Jake. The way he is portrayed in the letters constantly trying to pull Diane away from him, he needs to be dealt with even if four years had passed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Now we will have to see what transpires next before voting... Too many times in the past with other authors it didn't turn pure out Rose colored, instead there was a distinct tint of (squatty) Brown!

Don't keep us in suspense, get at it boy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really? You had him wait that long to do the logical thing and check the paternity? Yeah, he was distraught, but the dates on the letters, when she said she went off the pill, when Beth was conceived was TOO obvious.

.

This is 6 Literotica pages, and each one of this equates to about 9-10 in Word or Google Docs. So, you waited over 50 pages to something that should have happened in the first 10-15 pages.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 2 years ago

I'm not sure quite how to rate this one. Sure it was setting itself up to be a good RAAC story but that DNA test was always hanging over and I was disappointed it wasn't even mentioned sooner. Especially based on the timeline of things. The counselor was awful, especially in the variety of interactions, he picked a dud. Lastly, this sets up like the previous pregnancy, so to write chapter two with anything but it being someone else's kid or the very least, another affair revealed, would be wrong. it probably sets up with Jake visiting and tapping her again. This sets up better for a BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Now I know why there are so many unfilled jobs. There are too many people writing long stories and don't have time for work.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

3 stars for a standard BTB story about a cheating, skanky, slut who got pregnant by her ASSHOLE and tried to pass it off as her husband's biological daughter.

I hope there is a second chapter about the MC suing the ASSHOLE for back-dated child support and the slut having to move back home with her parents, until she can get another job, or a sucker to marry her skanky ass. PLUS another DNA test to make sure the newest child is actually his - although I think it would be better if the MC got tested and finds out he cannot father a child.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Two things left for him run far away from the cunt or move back in with the whore.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 2 years ago

Well, you have my attention but I wish you'd completed the post before you posted. When you say Ch02 is on the drawing board I hear, 'it's going to be awhile before you finish,' so I'll score after you do finish. cd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but an actual end will be worth seeing.

It’s always a case in these sort of takes that when a wife is cheated on she kicks him out and cleans him out.

But a cheated on husband is quietly told by all concerned to forget his pride and ego and simply forgive and move on. To put the needs of the family first and his emotional well being last.

Legal advisors, councillors and family tell him this - perhaps this ‘put everyone above yourself’ policy is one reason male suicide rates particularly in older men continue to rise scarily.

Most councillors are women and often work in favour of their sisters, I’ve seen that first hand. And that was on show here with theirs working intently to reconcile and forgive for the sake of the family.

It’s scary the legal process works to bind men to unhappy marriages by threatening them with destitution while women can walk away financially comfortable for life regardless of their behaviour.

As far as this tale though, I was screaming within the first few pages to get a DNA test. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the non stop sex so quickly after her affair was to make sure she could hide the pregnancy either dully intending her husband to raise her lovers child or because she suspected she was pregnant and wanted to tie down her cheated fool of a husband within the chains I mentioned earlier.

Why the cheated husband in these tails alway finds the need to hold onto contact with a child born from her infidelity I don’t know. And why they always still love someone who’s supposed to love them but cheats them so appallingly I’ll never understand.

I’d like to see a follow up bit, fear, if the writers a woman we will follow the ‘romantic fiction’ of Prince Charming forgiving all for the sake of love and riding off into the subset, bastardised child and all. To the cheers if women everywhere.

‘It’s just so romantic’ swoon

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Hohoho!

Spicy.

Diane isn't really sympathetic but this is a good read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bring on chapter 2. Please have her telling the truth and it is his child. I also hope they can get back and stay together. Please let a story end good.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

hmm i wana know why she kept the letters. her attitude and her keeping the letters are night and day would be very interesting reading about that. too wordy, dont need to rehash emotions until they change

jakie1jakie1about 2 years ago

Great part 1, will be watching for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well written if a bit long. The paternity issue was obvious early in the story and should have been dealt with immediately. That would have saved a lot of unnecessary writing and reading about the marriage counseling. As it is most of the counseling sequence is just extra verbiage that doesn't move the plot along. Still you command of the language is excellent and I feel you deserve a 5 even if I disagree with your story development. Thanks for sharing your talent and I am looking forward to the next installment.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 years ago

That fear would have occurred to any man right away considering the timeline. Knew it was going this way. Also, most men would have demanded Jake's full name long before even discussing counseling. Jake has legal and physical punishments coming his way. Diane deserves nothing. Only the children deserve better lives than what is ahead for them.

Bronco56Bronco56about 2 years ago

Wow. That was good. Very emotional. I did like it. I had the WTF moment when you ended it. So for now I'm looking forward to your next chapter. 5stars

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

What a fucking mess. I worked out earlier that what happened with test was going to happen.

Stupid Diane, she really fucked things up big time and didn’t even know, how dumb can you be?

I’m a BTB man but l hope this works out for the three of them. Hard as that may be.

Scores 4/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

I should probably do what some others are doing and not rate the story, butI went ahead and gave it 4*. I absolutely HATE when writers preface their story with "I haven't written the sequel yet and if you want to do it for me..." When you use Randi's name in the prologue, I expect more. Great writing despite a very predictable story arc and plenty of ammunition to bring the BTB and RAAC advocates out in full force. LOL! I hope you are deep into the second part and do NOT use the comments here to influence which direction the story should go. 4* for now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bullshit! "I kept the letters as a reminder of how I lost my way and my self-esteem and my ethics." No way! Why keep something so dangerous to her marriage in a box in the attic, then send hubby to clean the attic? Stupid! Yes, blows the whole premise, but if she kept them, it was to read again sometime to remind her of the guy so madly in love with her.

Sorry, she lied, she cheated, she had another man's child and passed it off as his. Kept a hand grenade for her hubby to find. How can he ever trust her again? And then gets pregnant?

Good storytelling to get me riled up enough the log back on to make this comment. I don't like what's going on, but I have to rate it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love it and looking forward to more. The set up to paternity was always in the story before the ending. I’m glad it concluded as it did and will be watching for the next chapter.

Thanks

OldBulllOldBulllabout 2 years ago

Run far far away James.

Diane is a manipulative tunnel cunted whore of the worst kind. She knew Beth wasn’t yours and that is the worst betrayal of all. No coming back from that and no “even though I’m not the sperm donor I’m still the father” bullshit. She’s evil.

Run, James, run far far away.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

His lawyer tells him, "Call me Barbara, but my name is Brian"? That was my kind of gaffe. Most reader could tell early on that the wife had another man's kid. The timing was so obvious. Then she is once again off the pill and trying to get pregnant? Sound familiar? If he is the father and she is not cheating, it is a good red herring. If she is acting like she did before because she was knocked up by some other dude, the story is too predictable. I liked the story but you had about double the verbiage needed to tell it. You need to trim the fat. I will be looking for the next chapter.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Nope.

Dialogue was terrible, at no point did I feel other than crying any remorse. Very few divorce lawyers talk as this one did.

This read more like you took parts from a hundred other copies of this story and incorporated them into yours. Yo and 43 other authors lose one point for using the phrase "I love only you" which are a group of words never said in that order by anyone at any point. Again, seems you just retype what you like elsewhere.

"I kept the letters to remind me of horrible I was" (to paraphrase because I really cant go back to read the exact phrase) yeah no, literally no one would do that. Talk about weak, but you couldnt find any other way out of that corner, plain and simple.

I let him fuck me one more time when i said we were done....at that point, since you decided to offend anyone outside the single digit IQ range with that worn out cliched bullshit, I stopped, though I am shocked I made it that far, but at that point I realized this was pure junk. Didnt care for any of them, didnt care that it will turn in RAAC. Just dont care.

If you are going to do a 6 page story put more effort into it than it takes us to read it.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

But I hope I don't smell a cuck brewing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written story but too long.

A few observations: as a number of commenters have mentioned; questioning whether he is Beth's biological father should have been one of James' first questions. The time of Beth's birth and Diane's ending of her sexual affair with Jake should have been a big red flag, especially when she had unprotected sex with Jake also revealed that she had gone off the pill.

Jake's relationship to Diane was never fully explained. He was a coworker but may also have been someone she reported to. This was never explained. In any event, I fully expected James (and maybe a friend or two) to make a call on Jake and find out his version of how the affair with Diane began, progressed and ended. Did Jake really seduce Diane or was she a much more willing participant.

Diane certainly has a history of deception and impulsiveness. Impulsiveness may actually be more deviousness than anything else. She attacks James with sex after ending her affair with Jake and later explains she had gone off the pill and all the sex was an attempt to get pregnant with James (pregnancy having been discussed by Diane and James but never settled on). Could this have been Diane covering her bases just in case Jake had gotten her pregnant?

He affair was deceptive and impulsive as she explained it.

Her second intense sexual marathon with James was reveled as an attempt by her to get pregnant after going off the pill again. Although she and James had discussed having a second child, that decision hadn't been agreed to by both of them. Could history be repeating itself once again? Is James really history of maybe someone else may have put a bun in Diane's oven and she is trying to cover it up. Only the Shadow and this author know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very interesting story.

I noticed that her behavior post-cheat was the same as her recent behavior: smother with sex, unilateral decision to get pregnant. Is there something else she forgot to tell him?

Keep up the good work.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

I think we all know that Jake stopped by a few times and he got in her panties again. She is a slut and can't help it. 5 stars to writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
I Find Most Pukers Make Shitty Husbands.

He admits the wife was acting very peculiar, for months, but he never forced a confrontation to determine what was going on? Then you make him into an even bigger dumb shit when it takes him months more to realize he should get a DNA test on his daughter? Unbelievable.

I suppose you think you are adding drama and suspense by dragging out the obvious questions and steps toward the divorce with pointless dithering, meandering conversations and side stories, and needless descriptions about irrelevant subjects, like clothes worn, food eaten, or vacation activities. You really think we give a fuck about trout?

His wife became another man's slut, for months, and went off the pill while she was still fucking him. Then she lied about it as soon as she was accused. She kept her lover's letters sealed in a box that she never read as a reminder of how foolish she was? Like she forgot about fucking him? Sorry, just too ridiculous. But I do appreciate the effort. Good luck with turning this nonsense into a coherent and believable story.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 2 years ago

A little wordy but basically well written. The twist about the daughter and the DNA was telegraphed pages before it happened. So all in all, not bad but not great either. Keep writing and you'll get better. Maybe you intended to telegraph the big reveal, but if so that was a mistake. Letting it happen suddenly would have been more dramatic and forceful to the reader. And the fact that she is pregnant again was also telegraphed given the similarities from the first time she got pregnant and the current sexual frenzy she exhibited. I think chapter 2 can go several ways and I appreciate the author suggesting others may want to write a chapter 2 in the way they think things should go. I might have a go at it myself, but probably not because I'm battling cancer at the moment. Well several cancers actually, so I have bigger fish to fry but do wish this author all the best and look forward to reading his future works.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

One of the only stories where DNA was not brought up in the beginning but maybe he was just scared of the results which turned out to be correct. This feels like a rollacoster of a ride

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 years ago

Sure would hate to be in that guy's shoes (or life.) Amazing that the wife really didn't realize that the child could be her lover's. And I'm sure that this one isn't the husband's, either. Well, we'll have to wait and see, right?

Thanks for writing! I appreciated it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nope. There was no accidental pregnancy. She goes off the pill, boffs Jake, then goes on a 'guilty' sex spree with husband. The spree was a cover for her getting what she wanted, Jake's child and get the safe husband to raise the offspring. That's pretty much what the cuckoo bird does lays eggs in another bird's nest so the raises their offspring.

Add in the wife secretly going off the pill again and her having another sex spree with with husband is a repeat of her first pregnancy by deception.

Seen similar scenarios before in other stories, where wife marries a good provider so he could be a father and provider to another man's spawn she perceives is superior all facets except being a father.

But this story so far is very well written.

Didn't score this story yet as it is unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah, the timing screamed that Beth was not his and also that Diane knew. I am guessing that the DNA on this latest kid will be identical to Beth's. The cheating slut never broke things off with Jake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

First, Jclife, in my opinion is a very good writer. Vocab, creativity, and speaking in real world terminology gets top marks. Agree with others, he gets too lengthy pulling the story together. From experience I can tell you, when you have multiple stories/ideas going, it’s monotonous to go back and edit your own story down to something more reasonable. He really should try though. This should have ended up 1.5 Lit pages, not 6.

Also, unless the author is himself a therapist or psychologist, he should do some research before writing counseling sessions. None of that would have happened in real life. That’s from someone who spent two years in therapy after divorce 1, where the therapist fell in love with me, and her hubby suspected and uprooted the family cross country to get her away from me. Or how about divorce 2, where marriage counselor spent hours trying to paint me the bad guy even after I played a recording of my wife bragging to a friend on the phone about her affair with MY co-worker. I ended that marriage in dramatic Literotica fashion 5 weeks into therapy, dropping 50 pages of printed emails between her and her lover in our therapist’s lap...literally. Mental health workers all play from the same flawed playbook, and are even less competent than our medical health professionals. 21st century women’s rights, FLR, and progressive psychobabble are the puss under the wound, and the ointment is never forthcoming. Authors like Texas Tall Tales write the truth about the American infliction that is so-called mental health experts. Take a page from his writing.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

"I was afraid that I would hurt you and destroy our marriage and I just couldn't risk it. You and "Beth are the only thing in my life that holds any meaning. You are my everything and my only thing; please Jimmy, please, look at our life since we had Beth. Haven't we been happy? Haven't you been able to feel how much I love you and respect you? I've tried my best to make up for cheating on you each and every day. Please think about the last few years as a family, and not what you read in those letters. That was a different crazy person that I have left far behind and tried to forget.""

/

- MAN! I nearly spat my coffee when I read this paragraph.

All the cheater's cliches seem to be here.

The delusions every caught cheater has really amazed me.

/

Nice work here JClife.

I am just hoping the next chapter isn't RAAC...

But I do understand if the MC does stay for the sake of Beth.

Seen that many times in my country which has no divorce law.

But a lot of the betrayed spouses who stayed don't have love anymore, only tolerance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've also been thinking why he didn't get the DNA paternity test done asap.... Otherwise well written with a decent cliffhanger 4*

Impo_64Impo_64about 2 years ago

The story was telegraphed too much...Six pages and we knew what was comming next, without the need to read it...Of course it needs an ending...At this moment I think any ending will be bad...Let's wait and see...2* for now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Who the hell was still writing letters in 2016?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

OK story but what really jumped out at me was the fact that there were actual love letters. Who in modern times would write love letters? Who would write love letters to a married woman? What man writes love letters to his married lover? I am not saying that it is not "manly" to write a letter but wouldn't he use the internet? To me, the story would have to take place pre email to work but then you wouldn't possibly have DNA testing. So I guess it would have to be really clear that these are emails that she printed off.

I am not familiar with the authors work so I don't know if a RAAC is coming. To me, divorce is the option and if Baby #2 is his he can send a check and get visitation. If it were me that is what I do and whenever I see the other child I would be reminded of her cheating so any thought of reconciliation would be gone. When she does find a new man I would just smile and be cordial and remind him of why I am gone and he is there and I would always leave reminding him to keep an eye on her, get STD testing, wear a condom, and test any kids you have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Poor innocent Diane. She had unprotected sex with her boss and yet it never occured to her that she might become pregnant by him. Poor darling. Let's hope her second baby turns out to be Jimmy's so that will give the hapless cuck something to come back and restart his family life with his innocent little ex-cuckoldress wife. 5++++/5 stars!!

Legit_Cuckyeah!_Nostra

Baldy74Baldy74about 2 years ago

Was a good story, but as its completely unfinished and you are obviously a way off from chapter 2 its hard to score.

Would be interesting to read her letters to the other bloke, might be quite revealing! Personally whether the second child is his or not, he deserves better than her.

m1a1m1a1about 2 years ago

good story,,looking forward to next chapters,,also going to read the rest of your stories,,

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

The author lost me first when the husband didn’t read all of the letters at once. No-one would read a couple and stop to go chat with a friend about it. That the MC didn’t immediately put together the possibility the child wasn’t his was also ludicrous. The story was written fairly well, but the plot holes were as deep as a canyon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If she knew that Beth was not her husband's, but she wanted to stay with him...why did she keep the letters?

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

A pretty well written story. One inconsistency, his lawyer was barbara and at the end is Brian (unless brian works for her?)

The therapist actually operated the way a therapist will in family counseling, to find out what they want and get them to open up to their emotions. I don't think she came across as phony or biased, I thought it was pretty close to what would really go on. About the only thing missing would be the counsellor asking questions herself, like why Diane kept those letters, Dianne's explanation rings false. When you do something wrong, you feel guilt about it and you don't forget it, either, so why would she need to keep the letters?

Like others, I saw the DNA angle with Beth from the start. It raises questions:

1)She went off the pill, but then has unprotected sex with Jake 'one last time'...knowing she was off the pill? That sounds like she wanted the chance to have Jake's baby. Why didn't she make him wear a condom? And if it was some kind of accident, knowing she was off the pill, why didn't she take a morning after pill? Something doesn't add up.

2)There is another thing I haven't seen in the comments yet. At the beginning of this story Dianne is fucking the crap out of Jake, basically repeating what she did years ago after the affair with Jake, it is basically a repeat performance..

There now is a cliffhanger here, a lot of them:

1)Is the baby Jim's? Given the scenario, why suddenly was she fucking his brains out, and why didn't she talk to him about having another? If she was screwing around, her behavior is more understandable, she would be covering for another possible pregnancy. I don't know if that is the author creating a red herring, repeating scenario 1, if so it is a pretty good one.

2)If the baby isn't Jim's, was Dianne screwing Jake the whole time, or is it someone else?

3)If the baby is Jim's, what does he do? As much as he loves Beth, could he stand staying married seeing the reminder of Dianne's betrayal? Would take one hell of a RAAC to accept that.

Legally, Jim also could be in a limbo (I am not a lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt). When someone has raised a child that later turns out not to be his biological child because he has been Beth's de facto dad, the only one she has never known, courts would take that into account. In some cases where this leads to divorce, the non bio dad can end up being forced to pay child support (again not claiming to be a lawyer or expert, but what I have come across) since he had accepted that burden for so long and emotionally was tied to the child. I have heard mixed things on whether he could sue Jake for back child support.

A couple of things suprised Jim didn't do 1)he didn't search to see if there were any more letters and also he didn't ask anyone to check into Dianne (a PI maybe), to see if anyone had seen her with Jake or another man, if she had been screwing around the whole time. Again, her behavior recently troubles me, it is too much like the first time, as if maybe she had been screwing Jake the whole time or had another 'fail'. Makes you wonder if this is another kind of story, where Dianne and Jake have a long term affair and Jim is the cuckold raising his kids.

Some things don't add up , look forward to the author's ending to this, how they explain everything.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

Well written but predictable plot line. Latest pregnancy is quite questionable. Only thing not questionable is that she will always lie to get what she wants.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"You have to believe me that it wasn't any love affair like his letters suggest. It was a few months of me losing my mind, living a separate life; seeing it in my mind as totally disconnected to the happily married life you and I had."

and yet, she kept the love letters from her affair all these years. You don't kept mementos of something you consider a "bad" mistake in your life.

Also, women over the ages have routinely used pregnancy to trap a man in a relationship with them.

It is now possible to do paternity testing during pregnancy and prior to birth with a simple non-invasive blood test from the mother and a DNA test from the father. This makes it possible to do fetal DNA testing from the mother's blood as early as 8-9 weeks in pregnancy without risk to the baby because only blood is collected from the mother without the need for an invasive test.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's "try TO". I realize that "try AND" is becoming more common, but thirty seconds of thought will show that "try AND" is incorrect. The meaning of "to try" is to attempt a verb with the result of the attempt being uncertain at that time. Verbs are formed with "to". To eat, to run and ironically enough, to try. On the other hand "and" is a conjunction joining two or more nouns or verbs, e.g. "cats and dogs" or "eat and sleep". As such "try and ____" is a construction that is joining two verbs "to try" and "to ____". Go back and replace "try" with "attempt" and it will be clear. One would never say "I'm going to attempt and eat." e.o.r. Grammar N@zi out.

As to the story, I too am wondering how this will all shake out. Did she have so much sex with hubby post-affair to get pregnant? Or to make sure he never questioned Beth's parentage? I suppose that goes to whether she knew/suspected she was pregnant by Jake and was covering her tracks or not. The pivotal point being whichever was her motivation, what will he believe, and can he live with the thought that the p-a sex may have been out of deception for the sake of the second child? Such a tangled web.

Hope to see Part 2 soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous