Love Take Two

Story Info
Sanna revisits her hometown and finds more than memories.
1k words
4.26
5.8k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was strange being back in my hometown. I had left it fifteen years ago, shortly after I'd left school.

I came back as a personal favor to my best friend from those years. Dina was getting married for the second time, lucky thing. My marriage had ended sooner and I was still waiting for my prince.

With the loss of my pregnancy and the marriage soon after, my dreams of having a normal family had dissolved along with it. He would be happier with his new, beautiful wife, already pregnant with their third child. I mentally flipped him off. I hadn't stood a chance.

"Who is the lucky man?" I had asked when I had first got the invitation to Dina's wedding.

"Jamie," she had replied not-so-innocently.

"No!" I had cried. "Jamie Pheron?! Like Tobe's brother?"

She'd smiled.

"I can't see Tobe! I just can't!"

"You won't be able to help it if you're a bridesmaid!" Dina had replied.

So, here I was back in my home town, wearing a dress that showed every bulge I'd gained since school, and would fall down if I pulled in my tummy too much. I could see the headlines now: "Costume Malfunction at Local Wedding! 100 People Die Laughing."

I stood at the back of the venue, swearing to take my vengeance on Dina in the unlikely event I got remarried. I would find the most hideous dress imaginable - one that showed more cleavage than was typically acceptable - one that threatened to burst at the seams if she took a single breath!

"Sanna?" The voice next to me pulled my mind back to the present.

"Tobe!" I barely squeaked.

"I am to escort you in," he informed her, presenting his arm.

I took it, too startled to protest being seen with him again. My vow for vengeance went to a new level as we began the long walk up the nave of the venue, designed to imitate a traditional church. All I could think of was that summer I'd spent with Tobe all those years ago.

The son of a local rancher, Tobe knew how to work. It showed in every feature of his body, from his muscular arms and legs, to his lean chest, exposed for most of the summer when he wasn't on the range. Even his back looked muscular. He was every girl's dream, but that last summer - right after I finished school, my dream became reality.

It was Dina's fault, actually. I didn't think he'd even noticed me before she and Tiory (Tobe's younger sister) decided I needed to spend the night at their house, a slumber part to mark the beginning of our last summer as a group. Tiory was off to another part of the country to train to be a vet and Dina was going another direction to become a teacher. Me? I was going to travel before I made any decisions.

.

My toe hit something causing me to stumble and nearly fall, but a strong arm steadied me before I had a chance to embarrass myself publicly. I took the steps carefully, the hand on my elbow ready to steady me again.

The ceremony began properly now and I was obliged to look at the bride, and towards the handsome face of Tobe. I didn't need that visual reminder. I didn't need to remember how those lips tasted, how those hands felt when he stroked my body.

Focus, Sanna! I reminded myself.

The officiant started into a reading about the purpose of marriage, and I couldn't help remembering those nights with Tiory and Dina. We camped out under the stars. At first, I slept next to my best friends, but then Tobe placed his sleeping bag next to me and as the others fell asleep, he taught me how to kiss.

Before the night was through, he had taught me a lot more as well! When morning came, it was pretty obvious what we'd been up to, both naked with a sleeping bag over us.

To their credit, Tiory and Dina kept things quiet, but the next night, Tobe and I didn't even try to be careful. We spent the night cuddled together, making love throughout the night as if we'd never had another chance.

Late the next morning, late for his chores, it was Tobe's father who found us curled together, naked and happy.

Not for long.

Despite telling his father he was going to marry me, Tobe was shipped off to join the military and I was never allowed back on the property, despite Tiory's protests.

I eventually married someone else, but I had never forgotten my first and best love. Perhaps that was another reason the marriage hadn't lasted three years.

.

Tobe hadn't lost a bit of his good looks, I realized, looking at him on the other side of Dina who stood next to Jamie. He caught my eye and smiled.

I wondered what he was thinking... whether he, too, was remembering that last night we spent together. He adjusted his hands in front of him as I watched. Remembering us? Or thinking of a girlfriend? I wondered.

At last, the ceremony ended. Dina was duly married to Jamie. I followed her out, my hand on Tobe's arm again.

We barely reached the hall when he whispered in my ear. "Come with me."

I went without question, ignoring the look from Dina.

Outside, we went behind the building, where bushes prevented easy observation.

"I believe you still have an unfulfilled promise," he breathed before claiming my lips.

"What would that be?" I asked.

"The one where you promised to be mine, before my father sent me away. You do remember those two nights we shared?"

"I will never forget them," I replied.

"You said 'yes' that time. Do you still say 'yes?'"

"You still want me?"

"Yes! Oh yes!" he said breathlessly, lifting the skirt of my dress and pressing me against the wall, his hands desperate with unfulfilled longing.

"I haven't answered you, Tobe," I reminded him.

He stopped a moment, looking at me in disbelief.

I grinned at him. "Yes!"

"Then we'd better get it done tomorrow. I can't wait a moment longer!"

♥♥♥♥♥