Love, Texas Style 06

Story Info
Widower's relationship strengthens; Amy & Michael, too.
11.4k words
4.78
6.1k
5

Part 6 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers

Love, Texas Style

A.J. Roye

Copyright 2020, All rights reserved.

Chapter 81

"What?! We're moving to Texas?!"

"Yes," Traci replied to Nicole as she smiled widely to her daughters. "I have a new job in Brenham."

"When Mama?" Nora asked.

"Soon," she offered. "As soon as my replacement arrives. Two, maybe three weeks. I think we can be there before the end of September."

"Yasss!" yelped Nicole, as she jumped in the air and fist pumped.

Traci laughed as she turned to Terry and Aaron who were both smiling widely and enjoying the enthusiasm.

"Does this mean we can't see Grandma and Grandpa?" Millie asked, as she looked up to her mother.

"No, Millie," Traci replied, as she bent over and took her daughter into her arms. "We can always return to visit. We just won't see them as often like we do now. But, Texas... It will be a new adventure for us and Grandpa and Grandma can always come to see us."

Millie then turned to Terry in her mother's arms. "Are we going to live with you, Mr. Woods?"

Terry shook his head gently and approached the mother and daughter. "No, Millie. You will have your own house to live in. But, you can always come to visit me and swim in my pool."

Traci nodded to Millie. "Let's go eat. Mr. Woods and Mr. Mechlenberg are taking us all to dinner to celebrate."

Chapter 82

"That was Michael Woods."

Leon Masters paused at the entrance of his living room after his announcement. He waved his phone at his wife for effect. He continued into the living room and approached her.

"He wants to know if I would give Amy a few days off before school starts so he could take her to Brenham. To see his father and his two younger brothers."

He stopped at Olivia's feet and looked down on her in her chair.

"He said Amy wouldn't ask for the time off because she promised me she would work until school started. Amy did promise me." He tilted his head.

"I know she did," Olivia replied, as she looked up from her iPad. "And yes... she won't ask you. She respects you and the promise she made to you."

Leon nodded and continued, "Is there something about Michael Woods I need to know?"

Olivia put her iPad on the table next to her. She stood and took her husband into her arms. Leon returned her embrace.

"Amy likes this man. More so than the men before him. It may be too early for this, but Michael, so far, has the best chance to be your son in law. Michael calling you is proof. Have any of Amy's past men called you like Michael has done?"

Leon raised an eyebrow to ponder her question. He blinked. He gently shook his head.

Olivia nodded and continued, "Michael is special and Amy knows it. Michael has all of the characteristics of his father and Amy was attracted to him, too. Thank God, Terry put a quick end to it. Amy's previous men haven't the characteristics Michael has and Michael seems to be smitten with Amy, too."

"So you're telling me... Amy has found... Maybe... the one?"

"Maybe... The closest so far," Olivia replied, as she kissed his lips. "Time will tell. The next few months will test them both... Her, here in Dallas, and Michael in Lubbock." Olivia paused. "Tell Amy she can have the time off. She won't ask. You don't need her commissions for a few days, anyway."

Leon blinked again and nodded.

"Good," Olivia slurred her word. "Now, let's you and me go to your study and... get naughty before dinner. I've always liked that couch you have in there." She wiggled her eyebrow and smiled her unique and sexy smile.

He nodded as Oliva turned for the study while unzipping the zipper in the back of her skirt.

Leon took his phone and placed a call...

"Amy... I understand you and Michael want go to Brenham. You may take the time off if you like."

Chapter 83

"You called my Daddy?"

"I did," Michael asserted. "You told me you weren't gonna ask for the time off, so I asked him for me. I want to see you, Amy."

"You do?"

"Yes... Dang, girl. Don't you know it yet? I do like you. A lot. More than I'm accustomed to."

"Ah," she moaned. "I don't know what to say? Wait... I just heard something in the other room. Hold the line."

A long pause.

Amy returned to the phone giggling hard. "I guess they don't know I came home yet. Mommy and Daddy are in Daddy's study. They're... Studying." She giggled hard again.

"Oh," Michael offered. "Do they study often? I mean... In the study?"

"You're awful, Woods. That's my parents you're making fun of."

"Yeah? What do you think they're doing right now? Any guesses? You did hear them."

"Michael!"

"Do you think he's kissing her... kitty?"

"Michael! Stop it. Mmm, now I'm getting horny. Stop talking about kissing kitties and my Mommy. Subject change... Right now. Daddy did give me the time off. Are you coming to see me?"

"Absolutely... Nothing will keep me away. Classes start next week on Wednesday. How about you?"

"I move into the dorm tomorrow. Classes start a week from Monday."

"OK, so my classes begin before your classes. If I pick you up early on Friday and return you to Dallas on Tuesday afternoon, will that be OK? Do you still want to come with me to Brenham?"

"Yes... Who will be there?"

"Dad, Jacob and Bill. Emilia and Daniel haven't committed to be there. I think they're still waiting on a fellowship Daniel wants."

"I'll be the only girl there?" she asked.

"Yeah... You can bring a friend if you want. I can call Maggie, too, if you like."

"No, Maggie called me and said she won't be back from Kansas City for another week. But what about Emily and Claire? Who knows. Your brothers may get interested in my two hot friends," she mused.

"I don't know, Amy. My brothers don't know how to handle hot women," he laughed. "Besides, I don't know Emily and Claire. Are you sure they're hot? I don't want to release them on my innocent brothers if they're too hot."

"Woods, you're crazy. My friends are pretty, I promise. Your plans are good and, will you ask your father if Emily and Claire can come, too? They may enjoy the quiet before classes begin. I'll call them to see if they want to go with us."

"It's done, then. I can't wait to see you on Friday, Amy. I've missed you."

Chapter 84

Michael finally got a chance to see the Masters home from the street as he pulled next to the curb and killed the engine. The address he had been given by Amy lead him to the Dallas North Tollway, right on Northwest Highway, left on Preston Road, then right into a neighborhood before reaching Walnut Hill Lane.

"That is one big ass house," he mumbled. He found out after his first visit, Amy lived in the Preston Hollow area of Dallas. A very wealthy and affluent area.

The house... Ranch style with a flagstone veneer. It was huge. Six bedrooms, six baths. The bedrooms and baths being twice the size he was accustomed to seeing. The lot the house sat on had to be three times the normal lot size. The lawn immaculately cut. Flowers lining the entryway. Double door entrance. A four car garage at the far end of the house. He noticed four fireplace chimneys. A swimming pool in the back. He glanced at the homes in the immediate vicinity. They too, were huge ranch style homes.

It wasn't long after his arrival, the front door opened and this pretty woman was running toward him... Smiling widely... Squealing his name.

His heart leapt. He couldn't get out of his truck fast enough to hold her. He rounded the back of his truck and stepped onto the lawn to greet Amy.

"I've missed you, Amy Masters!" he called, as he closed the distance to his lover.

Amy let out a squeal and leapt into his arms. Her arms around his neck, she planted a kiss on his lips. He lifted her from the ground and spun around as they kissed. He broke the kiss and planted his lips next to her ear. Still holding her off the ground.

"I have missed you so much, Amy. More than you know," he whispered.

"I've missed you, too, Michael. Thank you for coming to see me."

He set her on her feet and took her hands into his own. She was wearing a loose and oversized gray sleeveless button front shirt, tucked inside baggy denim jeans with the leg cuffs rolled up where they couldn't roll up any further... They were short. He could see her light gray bra through the oversized holes of the sleeveless shirt. She was barefoot. Red nail polish on her toes. And, her tan had lightened some more. Still dark, but not as dark. More of a brown instead of the deep brown in the past. Her long tight curls were pulled behind her shoulders with a gray headband. And her unique smile. A 'happy to see you' smile that warmed his heart.

"You look great. I'm looking forward to this weekend with you."

"Thank you. Come on," she chirped, as she pulled on his hand toward to the house. "Claire and Emily are here and you can help us with our luggage. Mommy wants to see you."

*****

Michael found himself in the company of Amy's mother in the kitchen... Olivia smiling a warm smile he recognized from her daughter.

"Amy's emotions have been fragile since you were here last."

"Oh," he offered, with concern. "Is there something I need to know?"

"Maybe... She has stopped seeing other men. Something she hasn't done in the past. She still sees the men at the club socially, but... She isn't... well, she isn't spending time with her lovers anymore."

Michael paused and considered what he had been told. "OK... Because of me?" he offered.

Olivia nodded with a gentle smile. "She speaks of you often with Leon and me, and she has never done that in the past with other men."

Michael nodded.

"Michael.... Her affections for you are pretty strong. A mother knows."

"Mrs. Masters... I don't make a habit of inviting women to come to my Dad's home. This will be the first time. I have strong feelings for Amy, too. As much as I want to say the words my heart is telling me, I'm reluctant because our relationship is still young. I don't want to say anything to Amy and then we find we aren't meant for one another. If I could see into the future, I would say the words now."

Michael looked away toward Amy's bedroom, then returned to Olivia. "I have never felt this way about a woman. Amy is on my mind and heart... often."

Oliva stepped forward and gave him a gentle and brief hug.

"Thank you. I have confidence in the two of you."

*****

Amy was holding Michael's hand as they headed to Brenham on I-45. Claire and Emily were chatting it up in the back seat as Michael would occasionally turn to Amy and smile with an... "I'm glad I'm with you" smile. Amy had a hard time looking away from his gorgeous face.

"Michael... Tell us about your brothers," Emily chirped.

Michael smiled a sly smile. "Two of the nerdiest brainiacs I've ever known. Dorks, really. When they see you two, they'll embarrass themselves by drooling like St. Bernards." He chuckled.

Amy giggled and broke in. "That's not true, girls. I spoke to Maggie this week. They're both cute and lots of fun. She said Bill was in a cover band in high school, playing the guitar, and the girls were all over him for it. He can sing love songs like a bird."

"That's true," Michael offered. "Bill is good. Good enough to make some cash on the weekends playing at restaurants and bars as a solo in Lubbock. It's Jacob I'm worried about. That boy spends too much time in the engineering quad for girls to notice him." He paused and his demeanor changed. "Damn," he mumbled. He turned to Amy with a little sadness on his face. Amy nodded as to why he changed so quickly.

"Girls... Jacob looks a lot like his mother. Sometimes his brothers and sister get a little emotional when they see him. But, Maggie says Jacob cheers them back up by saying and doing things his mother used to do."

Michael nodded and smiled at the comment as he looked down the road.

Chapter 85

Terry was sitting on the porch with a glass of iced tea in hand. Waiting for Michael to arrive. Bill and Jacob had gone on a horseback ride early in the morning and they had not returned. Denise went with them to check on the cattle herd in the northeast pasture.

Then, he heard an engine and tires rolling across the gravel. He smiled. He stood from his chair and heard a door slam shut on Michael's truck. Then another door. Then two more. Before he got to the end of the porch, Michael appeared... Along with Amy by his side.

Without a word, Michael hugged him. Holding him close and firm.

"I was thinking of Mom on the way down this morning," Michael mumbled into his shoulder. "I needed a little more hug from you this time." Terry nodded as Michael broke their hug.

"She will always be your mother. It's good you think of her often," Terry sighed.

With that, Amy stepped up and hugged him, too.

"Thank you for letting us visit you."

"You're welcome," he replied, as Amy released him.

"You remember Emily and Claire?" Amy offered.

"I do," he offered with a smile. The girls each hugged and thanked him.

"Bill and Jacob are out with Denise," Terry announced, with a nod of his head in the direction of the pasture. "They should be back soon, because it looks like rain over in the southeast... a tropical storm in the Gulf. Denise is good at watching for that. Get your things and I'll make us a drink."

*****

All three girls were looking out the large window overlooking the swimming pool and the field beyond. Sipping on ice tea. It was getting dark because of the tropical storm. Then, three horses and riders appeared from behind the oak trees in the distance and were approaching the house. Denise was nodding to the others as the young man on the end was gesturing over to the right and then to the rear where they had been. The horses were walking along in a slow walk. All three riders were wearing sunglasses and straw cowboy hats.

"Wow," Emily whispered. "Those boys look rugged."

Claire nodded as she sipped her tea. "They're big boys, too. Like Michael."

"I heard my name," Michael mused, as he approached the window. The brothers were animated as they rode and laughed with Denise.

"Bill is riding in the middle," Michael offered. "And, the tropical storm coming in? It's Aimee. I just looked it up on the internet."

Amy perked up and smiled at her lover. "Well, I got here first," she chirped.

"Yeah, it isn't spelled the same though. A.I.M.E.E."

They watched the riders as they rode past the house toward the stables. Fifteen minutes later, two men burst through the front door laughing loudly right before it began to rain. As they entered the living room, they both froze in their tracks and stared at the women, Michael, and their father.

"Dang," Bill groaned, as he walked briskly across the large room in his socked feet. Their dirty boots had been left on the porch. "What do we have here, Michael?" he asked as he removed his sunglasses and hat.

He stopped a few feet away from the tall and smiling redhead. "My name is Bill Woods. My brother here is clearly rude. Trying to keep you all to himself and failing to introduce us."

Jacob stood next to his father and smiled at Claire. Claire noticed he was taller than his father. She smiled and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Boys," Michael mused. "And, I do mean 'Boys.'" He drew out the last word. "This is Amy Masters. Amy and I met in Kansas City. Maggie introduced us. And these two pretty women are Amy's friends. Claire and Emily. Girls, be careful around these two. They're still a little redneck."

Bill took a step closer to Emily with his six feet one inch frame. "Don't listen to Michael, Emily. My brother's an..."

"Let's have lunch," Terry interrupted. "Jacob... Bill... go get cleaned up. You both smell like cattle and horses. Michael, come with me to the kitchen."

As Bill left for the stairs, he turned to Emily and smiled. Emily returned the smile.

"I think I know who Bill likes," Amy offered in a whisper as she walked past Emily to the kitchen.

Jacob stayed put and waited for everyone to leave. Claire walked past him and grazed his arm with her arm. And... winked.

Chapter 86

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A flash of blinding light penetrated through the windows. The windows, floor, and walls rattled. The lights in the living room and kitchen went out.

Everyone flinched in fright as the thunder faded into the distance.

"Shit!" Bill roared. "That was close."

Recovering, everyone continued helping with lunch. Terry opened the refrigerator to find the light was out. He went to the breaker panel. All the breakers were fine. The entire house was without power.

"Michael!" he roared from the laundry and utility room. "Get the flashlights and candles from the closet near the pantry. We've lost power."

Then, Terry's phone rang... he reached for it in the kitchen and answered...

"Hello, Denise." A pause. "Are you OK?" A pause. "Do you smell smoke?" A pause. "Dang. The door on the breaker panel blew off?" A pause. "OK, I'm coming over."

Terry paused and looked at his phone. He looked to find everyone staring at him.

"Denise thinks her house was hit by lightning. The breaker panel door flew open and it's smoldering. She said it sounded like an explosion."

"Well, we now know how close it was. I've got it," Bill asserted as he began walking to the front door. "Come on, Jacob. Michael, go to the stables and get the generator in case we don't get power on quickly."

"I'll come with you," Amy offered, as Michael turned to the front door behind Bill and Jacob.

"We're good, Pretty Girl," he offered with a smile as he continued walking. "It's raining too hard anyway. Your namesake is already causing us trouble." He chuckled.

Amy returned a faux pout with her arms crossed.

*****

"Damn," Bill offered as he stepped into Denise's house. "Are you OK? There's blood on your right ear." He gestured to his own ear for effect.

"Really?" Denise walked to the bathroom. She looked into the mirror. "It's not much and it's stopped bleeding." She came out of the bathroom with a wet cloth wiping her ear. "It was loud. Real loud. Like an explosion."

Jacob stepped into the house after leaving his wet slicker on the porch. Bill walked into the kitchen and over to the breaker panel. It had stopped smoking, but all of the breakers were in the tripped position. He stepped out of the kitchen into the back of the house and looked for the power line. It was on the ground, completely off the house. He looked up to the connection point and a portion of the outside wall had a two foot diameter gouge out of it with scorching.

"Damn," he mumbled. He stepped back into the house. "The power line is on the ground. It's live until the electric co-op gets here. Don't go near it with the water on the ground."

"Do you smell that?" Jacob offered with a nose in the air.

"I do," Denise replied.

"I think it's in the attic," Jacob said, as he pointed to smoke seeping through a ceiling joint.

He snatched a two step ladder from the kitchen and went to the attic access panel in the hallway.

"Shit!" Jacob roared, as he ducked his head out of the attic access. "Fire extinguisher! Now!"

Denise ran to the kitchen and returned with the extinguisher. Jacob released the bottle at the fire in the attic.

"Not enough! Call the fire department!"

Denise snatched her phone and went to the porch. Bill grabbed trash bags from the kitchen, went to her bedroom and began shoving Denise's clothes into them. Jacob went to the porch and placed a call.

"Dad! Denise's house is on fire. We've called the fire department. There's a live power line on the ground and all of you are to stay away until the fire department arrives." A pause. "Yes, Sir. We're gathering her clothes and then we're leaving." A pause. "Yes, Sir."

ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers