Love, Texas Style 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would like to show you my appreciation for assisting on this once troublesome project. You see, your father and I are going to make a lot of money on this deal, and I'm convinced if you hadn't come to my home, it would still be a dead project."

Michael's eyes widened at the announcement.

"I would like to offer you a check. A modest consultant's fee. I assure you, what I offer is very small at the future potential I can look forward to."

Michael blinked. He gulped. He looked at Amy at his side. She was beaming. Smiling an excited and unique smile.

"Sir, I don't think my father would be..."

"I've already spoken to your father," he interrupted, with a wave of his hand. "He hasn't any issue with me and you discussing this." Leon stood, snatched a check from the table next to him, and crossed the room to meet Michael. Michael stood as he arrived and accepted the check he offered.

Damn, he thought, as he read the check. He looked to Mr. Masters. "Thank you. It's a bit much for what little I offered. Are you sure about this?" Michael turned and handed the check to Amy.

"Son, I don't write checks and give them away like candy," he mused.

"Of course you don't, Sir. It's just, well, I don't think I offered that much."

"Michael," Amy whispered, in a shocked tone, as she looked up to her lover from the check. "$40,000.00?... Daddy?" She turned to her father with a confused look.

Leon waved his daughter off with his hand. "You made nearly double that on sales commissions this summer. And... you took 20 days off!" He turned to Michael. "I understand it will help with your education."

"It will, Sir. Much more than enough. Thank you."

"So, Michael," Olivia offered, as she entered the living room.

"You can stay for an early dinner, can't you?"

Chapter 95

Michael dialed up his father as he left Fort Worth and reached Weatherford on Interstate 20... heading to Lubbock.

"Where are you?"

"Wichita... Scheduled maintenance and software upgrades on the Citation," Terry replied.

"Any issues going to Dallas or Lubbock?"

"None... Clear skies the whole way. To Wichita, too."

Michael paused before speaking. "Dad, I spoke with Mr. Masters this afternoon. He gave me a sizable check. He said he told you about it."

"He did, Michael. Congratulations... You certainly made an impression on Leon."

"But, Dad. I spent no more than 15 minutes discussing the project with him. He gave me a check for..."

"$40,000.00," Terry interrupted. "And you have a problem offering sound suggestions to a businessman?"

"No, Sir. It's the effort on my part. It was too easy. It made perfect sense and I didn't expect compensation for my suggestions."

"Michael," Terry began. "Get used to it. You've told me you want to come to work for me. This is what I do every day. I speak with clients all day long and they ask for my opinion on all sorts of business issues. They pay me handsomely for my knowledge and experience, because..." He paused for effect. "They make money as a result. I'm rewarded for their successes. Leon believes your suggestions re-invigorated stalled negotiations and he's going to make a lot of money as a result. He's grateful."

Michael didn't respond. He didn't know what to say.

"He offered you a job, didn't he?"

Michael was shocked his father knew what had happened after dinner at Amy's house.

"Yes, Sir. He did and I declined."

"Leon recognizes talent quickly. I'm not surprised he offered. So... you and Amy."

"We're gonna try and make a go of it. Long distance."

*****

Michael had to take the phone away from his ear when he called his lover... She squealed so loud. He smiled at her enthusiasm.

"I think my Daddy's in love with you," she laughed loudly. "Mommy, too."

"I suppose it's better than having the door slammed in my face," he mused. "Dang, Amy... $40,000."

"I know!" she squealed. "Isn't it wonderful? What are you going to do with it?"

"A good portion set aside for taxes and my brokerage account. A little... to see my girlfriend," he chuckled. "I was a little worried about the expense. Driving every weekend to see you. Now, it's paid for."

"And I can't wait to see you a week from Friday," she moaned, in a sultry tone. "Take your vitamins, Lover."