Lucky Day Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The only sticking point was Henry; now she felt like she was cheating on him. Wednesday night she asked her mum if she would babysit because she had a date.

"Oh heavens, really, Annie. I thought things were going well between you and Henry these days."

"Who told you that, Mum?"

Kristen sighed. "Henry, actually. Just because you aren't living with him doesn't mean I can't have a relationship with him."

"What did he say?" Annie asked.

"Just that things seemed to have improved between you. He has been feeling positive recently."

"I don't know what to say, I have already accepted my date."

"It's your funeral, Darling, but please think very carefully. If you hurt Henry now, there may be no coming back."

"Oh, so I should be mindful of hurting him... what about when he cheated on me... should he have been just a little mindful, or was that somehow my fault as well, Mother?"

"Don't twist my words, Annie. I just meant, if you feel the same way he does, then tread carefully. Do not lead him on. If it's over, put the dear boy out of his misery."

Wednesday night Annie was frantic. She was in the midst of getting ready for her date with Kaia when Henry turned up. Annie pulled up the sexy new red dress she brought just for this date. Just as she fastened the zipper, there was a loud banging on the front door.

As she swung it open Henry stood there with a bunch of flowers. "Hi, Annie, I was hoping to catch up with the girls. Would it be possible to see them?"

Annie sneered. "Don't play games, Henry, we both know why you're here. The girls as you very well know, are with Mum, because I have a date."

He grimaced. "Yeah, okay, I knew you were going on a date. I don't know what to say. I feel as jealous as hell; I was hoping that you might have got this dating thing out of your system."

"Henry, I have been honest. I am still seeing somebody. Things have been grand between us lately, and I have felt that, but I am still feeling my way."

He handed over the flowers. "For what it's worth you look sensational. That dress is sexy as hell."

Annie smiled, offering. "Thank you, it's new."

Henry tried to lighten the moment. "You'll definitely be getting lucky dressed like that. How many dates have you been on with him?"

Now it was Annie who felt uncomfortable. "I guess this will be our fourth date."

"Guess he will be getting lucky then."

Annie fought back. "It's none of your damn business, is it... It is just a date."

"Bullshit, look at you, dressed to thrill. You wouldn't be dressed like that if you weren't trying to impress."

"I like to look nice, what's the big deal?"

"You don't have to try. You are fucking gorgeous, and you know it. That dress is for him."

He turned and walked away. "Just get it out of your system, Annie. I want back in. I want our old life back, so make up your mind."

As he drove away, Annie broke down. She slid down the door frame, her nerves shot. It took several moments for her to get her senses back in synch. Kaia was waiting, and the moment Annie walked in they fell into a passionate kiss. Kaia had the wine chilled and poured, the music was warm and soothing. The scene was set, and the passionate atmosphere was bubbling. The dinner was teasing and sexy. They laughed and joked as they cleaned up, slipping into sexy caresses and kisses.

Annie ended up spending the night; their lovemaking had been intense and fiery. Annie found new depths of lust as Kaia fucked her to a cataclysmic orgasm.

It meant another wonderful night tangled together, naked and sweaty. As they lay together, Annie raised the problem that ate away at her conscience. "Kaia, Henry and I have started seeing each other again."

"Oh... I see, is it working out?"

Annie flinched. "He has been over most nights lately, we have talked about the future."

Kaia whispered, "Are you having sex; does he know about me?"

"No, no we haven't had sex yet, but honestly. I want to. It is getting harder than ever to say no. To the second part, no, I have never mentioned you."

"What does that mean for us?" Kaia breathed in a barely audible whisper.

"I could never cheat on Henry, if we get back together, it would mean this... us... we would be over."

Kaia sighed. "If you want me to be honest, I will be sad. I really like you, Annie, and I was hoping that what we shared could maybe take this further. Annie, I really like you."

Annie snuggled back into her arms. "Kaia, it's not that I don't loooo... like you, as well, but Henry, he is still my husband, the father of my children."

Kaia sighed. "Yes, I know and truly I am happy for you. It is why I came to work for you, when Henry told me you kicked him out, I knew I had to do something to try and fix all the harm I caused."

Annie grinned before replying. "Yes, and I will be eternally grateful for what you did for me. You opened my eyes and my heart."

"What happens at work? I mean are you going to fire me?"

Annie laughed as she replied. "No, but I do have an offer to make you."

Kaia glanced at her warily. "An offer... do tell."

"Kaia you are wasted in our office. You were working towards becoming a manager. You have all the relevant degrees. You have an incredible work ethic. I have recommended you for promotion. It will mean relocating, but you will become department head."

Kaia sagged. Unable to hold Annie's gaze, she mumbled, "But I like working for you. I don't care about the title or money, I'm happy, we're a team, you and I."

"Yes, Babe, but you're too good to waste away in that office. You need to grow, not to run around after me."

Kaia looked distressed, "But we are a team, I love working with you. When I worked with Henry, they were cool, but he was the only one who took me seriously."

"Kaia, you are too good to be trapped in a role running around after other people. You are capable and organised. You need to build your own team, grow, develop."

Kaia whispered, "Are you kicking me out?"

With a sad nod Annie replied, "If that's what it takes, but I have recommended you for that position and they are keen on talking to you. The HR manager and OP's manager are going to be here on Friday to talk to you."

Kaia grimaced, "I haven't even got my CV or anything up to date."

"I have it all on file, Babe, this is less formal. I have already written my recommendation and spoken to them directly. I said you are too good to lose, I would rather you worked for us than our competitors."

Kaia winced, "Would we still be able to talk, discuss things, see each other occasionally?"

Annie smiled as they hugged. "I will always be there for you, you're already better equipped than me, but I will only be a phone call away."

They slept in a tangle of arms and legs, they woke frequently to kiss, to hold and embrace, to make love. It was a long night, but a loving one.

At work the next day, Annie went over the position and they browsed real estate companies for suitable accommodation in Kaia's new City. They talked about the process and Kaia really interrogated Annie about dealing with people. It was, after all, Annie's speciality. She was the ultimate people person.

Henry didn't come around that night, or the night after. The girls were devastated and cried that they missed their dad. Friday arrived, and Annie met the district manager, Op's manager and the HR manager. She ushered them into her office where they talked about the vacant position. They went through Kaia's file and previous application. Annie gave them the hard sell, and after much to and fro, Annie waved Kaia in.

It wasn't a long interview; it was obvious immediately that they were all sold. Annie knew once they met Kaia and talked, it would be game over. The team offered Kaia the job and although she appeared to be weighing it up, she accepted.

The moment the team left, Kaia jumped into Annie's arms and they hugged tightly, "Oh god, thank you so much, Annie, it sounds amazing, I am so excited."

Annie stole a fleeting kiss, with Henry now cutting himself off from her, it made her wonder if she had been too hasty. She may have cut her nose off to spite her face."

There was no word from Henry until Saturday morning. Annie's phone rang and it was Henry. "HI, Annie, if you're not doing anything, could I come and get the girls? I was hoping to take them to the zoo."

"We are just sitting around, the girls are bored, hang on and I'll ask." She turned to the kids who had toys littered all over the floor, "Do you want to go to the zoo with Daddy?"

They jumped up immediately excited screaming. "Sounds like a yes to me."

His laughter was sweet music to his ears. "Can I pick them up now?"

"Yes, I will have them ready by the time you get here."

Annie busied herself getting ready, finding clothes, getting drinks and snacks, finding toys they could play with in the car. She had barely finished when Henry rolled into the driveway. The girls rushed out to greet him, and he walked in with them in his arms.

Annie got the packed backpacks down and handed them to the girls. Henry gave her a funny look. "You could come with, if you like. Remember the trips we used to make." He turned to the girls for support. "They were fun, weren't they?"

The girls bounced in his arms screaming their approval. "Please come with us," he asked.

"Are you sure?" Annie asked.

"If I wasn't I wouldn't have asked."

She smiled, enjoying the warm glow that spread across her body. "All right, but give me a moment to change. The drive to the zoo was quiet, the girls peering out the window, Annie and Henry both trying to find conversation that wouldn't be confrontational.

They unloaded the girls and started their trek around the zoo. The girls ran on ahead searching out their favourite animals. As Annie and Henry walked, he asked. "So how was your date?"

Annie flinched at the bitter edge in his voice. "It was fine."

"You stayed the night with him, how was that?"

Annie gave him an angry glare. "Spying on me now are you."

He snapped back quickly. "I'm just trying to find out where I stand. You tell me you never even kissed this guy and yet you dressed as if you were trying to get laid, then you spend the night with him. All I want is honesty."

They drifted into a bitter silence as they walked. The girls came and went as they sought out adventure. "Annie, if it was just a revenge fuck, then I can live with that, but if you have something more going on with this guy I want to know, and I'll stop bothering you."

"Taking her heart in her mouth Annie mumbled. "There is no guy. I have never been on a date with any other guy apart from you."

Henry gave her a disbelieving angry glare. "Bullshit, if that was the case where were you all night?"

Swallowing a lump that didn't want to go down Annie replied. "I didn't say I wasn't on a date, what I said was, there's no other guy."

He had to look away as the girls ran back and jumped into their arms. As they walked, Henry kept staring at her, his mouth moving but wordlessly. Soon the girls found the little train and wanted rides. Henry paid and they were off on the journey around the zoo. That left Annie and Henry to sit on little stools waiting for their return.

"What the hell are you trying to say?" he blustered.

"I am telling you the truth. Yes, I went on a date and yes I slept with and had sex with my date, but there was no man."

Henry just about fell of his thin perch. "Are you trying to tell me you were with a woman, you're a lesbian now?"

Annie, with the weight of the world lifted from her shoulders, sighed. "I am not a lesbian; curious perhaps, but in short terms, yes, I spent the night with a woman."

"Jumping fucking Jehoshaphat," Henry groaned. "How long has this been going on? Was it happening before I left?"

With a curt shake of her head Annie whispered ruefully. "No, I didn't meet her until after we separated, and the date we had the other night was so I could end it."

"End it... Why?"

"Because I want us to get back together. The last few weeks have been nice, I like having you around, the girls miss you like crazy. They need you in their lives."

He coughed to clear his throat. Nervously, he grumbled, "Annie, I love the girls, you know I do, but I don't want to get back together just for them. I don't want us living a lie just for the kids' sake."

Shaking her head, Annie replied quickly. "You misunderstood. Yes, the girls miss you and need you, but the bottom line is I need you to. I miss you; I want to give it another try."

Henry's smile was a mile wide, "Really... Oh my god Annie, you've made my day. I love you." He pulled her into his arms and they embraced, the kiss sensuous but gentle, passionate but soft.

The girls arrived back on the train to see their mother and father in that scintillating kiss and they started cheering before the train had stopped.

As they sat on the grass and the girls dived into the snacks Henry couldn't help but ask, "You said it's over, is that true, your relationship with this woman is finished?"

Annie nodded and pinched a bite from a sandwich. "Yes, I ended it Wednesday night."

"So who is she?" he asked.

"Nobody... it's finished, you have nothing to worry about."

"But, where did you meet her? Do you work together?"

"Henry, we will no longer see each other, okay? It's done and dusted, over, finished."

"Was she upset; I mean was it love?"

"Yes, we were both upset, she has been supporting me emotionally while we have been apart."

He nodded and stood quickly. "Stay with the girls, I'm famished. I am going to get us some food."

He returned with more food, passed Annie her favourite sandwich and she grinned. He knew her so well, and had remembered and read her mind.

As they drove home, he asked, "How are we going to do this? Do we date, or shall I move back home?"

She grinned at his naivety. "You are moving back home, in fact you are staying tonight."

The weekend flew by, Henry moved his stuff back in, they made love, they cuddled, they kissed, and it seemed like all their troubles had evaporated.

Th week that followed was different. Kaia as always beat Annie to work and was waiting with hot coffee and sometimes muffins. Their usual kiss stymied, suddenly they were awkward around each other. It was Kaia who broke the deadlock. Wednesday morning when Annie arrived, and Kaia passed over Annie's morning coffee she leaned in for a kiss. Annie accepted the kiss, it was unexpected, but like always, was gentle and warm, inviting and Kaia's warm smile made it impossible to be angry.

Kaia said, "Annie, I'm sorry, but I couldn't go on the way we were. I love you. I need you to know that. This is hard for me and I don't want it to end badly. Please don't cut me out of your life. Surely we can at least be friends?"

Annie, taken aback, nodded. "Yes of course, I want us to be friends, I love you, as well. I told Henry about you, not who you are, but about our relationship and I promised him it was over. I can't go back on that."

"I'm not asking you to sleep with me, but I don't want there to be walls between us."

She sniggered before Annie could speak. "What did he say? I bet he was shocked."

Annie giggled stupidly. Like a teenager, she gushed, "God, he was shocked all right. And ever since he has tried to get me to tell him about it. I have tried to keep it secret."

Kaia whispered conspiratorially. "He will keep badgering you, men are like that. They say they hate it, but I think they all fantasise about it."

The day vanished as they worked at getting an ad out for Kaia's replacement.

They ate their lunch together in the park. They talked illicitly, like plotting teenagers, young girls scheming. It was like old times. It did make Annie a little uncomfortable, and it got to the stage she had to confess.

She chose her moment well. They were in bed making out slowly and sensuously, it was a soft murmur. "Henry, I have a confession. Please don't hate me."

He sat up quickly expecting the worst. "Go on."

"When I told you, it was over with the other woman. I mislead you. We no longer have sex, but I see her every day at work. It is not sexual, we are trying just to be friends, but we do see each other and we do talk."

"But you're not having sex?" Henry asked, the passion lost.

"No, we are just friends."

He nodded and lay back down pulling her back into his arms. "I can live with that, so long as you are always honest with me."

Annie agreed, "I will never lie to you. She will be leaving in another week."

He kissed her head as it rested on his shoulder. "I have to be honest, Annie. Knowing you as I do, I just can't imagine you with another woman. It just seems impossible."

Annie turned her head and their lips caressed. "You better believe it."

"I know most of the women from your office and there are a couple of pretty hot women, but none I can imagine you with."

Annie enjoying his discomfort replied. "It is none of the girls, she was a new starter. You have never met her at any of our functions."

His arm moved slowly, and his hand found her breast, he cupped it, caressed and mauled it gently. "Did you enjoy the sex? This probably sounds creepy, but I have always wondered about two women together. I mean, how do you do it? Was it good?"

Annie moaned as his hand caressed her soft boob. "Do you want me to be honest?"

He nodded, she murmured softly. "The sex was amazing, I enjoyed it." Kaia had infused a bravery, an honesty in Annie which she had never felt before. In her past she would never have been able to say that.

"Okay, okay, I get that, but what did you do? I mean physically."

She sniggered. "One day when I feel like we are in the right place, I will tell you, but not now."

Henry started calling Annie at work regularly, in the vain hope that he might find out who the mystery woman was. The only thing that saved Kaia was she recognised his caller ID. On those occasions, she directed his calls to Annie directly. It bugged him that Annie was hiding something. In the past he always had to go through Annie's PA, and he was hoping to talk to her, see if he could dig up something. As much as he tried to put all this behind him, he just couldn't.

Annie in a lesbian relationship, it just didn't ring true, it seemed incomprehensible to him. He told her he believed her, but the reality was, he didn't. He just knew it had to be a man... But who? He had hoped that he could get some sort of info out of Annie's PA, but he never got a chance to talk to her. He chided himself. 'He should just go down there; he could use the pretence of taking her out to lunch.'

What scared him the most was that things had been so good since their reconciliation. If he did just turn up at her office, she would see right through his flimsy excuse and think he was checking up on her, which of course, he was. What to do... he pondered it for several days before deciding, to hell with it, he would just say he was there to take her to lunch and live with the consequences.

It was eating him up inside thinking she was still carrying on with the guy.

With his heart in his mouth, he walked into Annie's office carrying a bunch of flowers. He walked up to where Annie's PA normally sat, only to find it empty. Kath, the office manager, saw him walk in and walked over smiling. "What brings you down here, Henry? Gosh, how long has it been?"

Henry gave her a worried grin, replying, "It's been a while. I just came down to take Annie out for lunch."

Kath gave him a frown. "Sorry, Love, but you missed her. She normally goes down to the park for lunch."

With a defeated sigh he murmured, "Oh well, if you could just tell her I called by."

Kath picked up his sad face. "Why not walk down to the park? She and Kaia just take sandwiches."