Lucky, Lucky Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes. As long as designs are not too complicated." Replies Lauren.

"No, simple designs. All specifications are in the CAD files. I will email them to you today. Let me know the cost and if there is a problem. I think you will understand when you see the diagrams. You can get me at this number. Many thanks, Lauren, bye." Then she hangs up.

Three weeks later, mid-morning, Caroline's phone rings while she is in the shower, John answers it.

"Hello?"

"Oh...hi John," comes a voice down the line. John recognises the female voice, "is that you, Lauren?"

"Yes, John, I was expecting Caroline to answer."

"She is in the shower. Can I do anything for you?"

"Yes, can you take a message and tell her the items are in the post?"

"Ok!"

"Sorry John, I have to go, bye." Hanging up. 'What's that all about, he wonders'?

When Caroline exits the bathroom, John explains her mobile phone was ringing, so he answered it. "Lauren called and said, 'the items are in the post!' Does that make sense to you?"

"Yes, darling, and you will find out, all in good time, my love." Came her reply.

Two weeks later, on the eve of the sixth month anniversary of our reuniting. We share a kiss while sitting on a bench outside the cottage, with mugs of hot chocolate. Well rugged up, overlooking the North Atlantic Ocean. Watching the Otters play amongst the tall kelp forests.

Caroline whispers, "I could not be happier being here with you. I love you so very much, my darling."

Kissing her on the cheek, John replies, "the same goes for me, Caroline."

Pausing, he goes on to say, "I was just thinking, this scene below us reminds me of the movie 'Ring of Bright Water'."

Caroline removes a small square cardboard box from her coat pocket. Turning to John, she removes the lid, offering a view of its contents. Inside are two highly polished metal rings. She takes one out, slipping it half onto John's fourth finger of the left hand.

Saying, "while tungsten is the strongest natural metal, Titanium, has the highest tensile strength of all."

"Will you marry me again?"

THE END

12