All Comments on 'Lucky Stars'

by YodaandLumiere

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Absolutely loved every word of this story. Fabulous!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved this. My heart broke at their break up and was glad their reunion wasn't drawn out for drama and really made sense. The only thing I feel should have been addressed specifically that wasn't was the particular harshness of the timing of the birthday/5 year anniversary brush-off and break-up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

In general, this was a wonderful story but the part about Toby dumping him out of the blue (and basically on/day after his birthday and their anniversary) made NO sense to me. And the callous nature in which it was done and then Oliver was given two weeks to get out was mind-boggling cold and heartless and completely out of character with the development of Toby up to that point. Even 3 years later when Toby tried to explain it, it was illogical. To recap, they had a perfect life and relationship and were deeply in love for 5 years and after meeting a guy Toby was able to be talked into pursuing his rockstar dream and a romantic relationship with this “stranger” at the absolute peril and destruction of TOby’s entire life, his love for Oliver? The. He immediately resented and hated this guy, the house, etc and became suicidal? None of that makes sense or seems like Toby. To be frank, it seemed like some artificial drama manufactured for an unexpected twist even if it didn’t fit the story. Despite entirely hating that part, the rest was great. I love your stories but that was too unrealistic and too much to swallow here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was utterly beautiful! I loved every minute. Thank you...

DV19DV19about 3 years ago

A wonderful story, real, realistic, and painful all at the same time. With a great ending.

Thank you !!

DV19

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 3 years ago

I agree with DV19 — this story was realistic. I have a friend like Toby, only nowhere near successful. That “what could be,” “what if I never try” mentality is torment for a talented, 30-year old musician. Luckily, Toby didn’t succumb to the drink and drugs that saturated the industry (unfortunately, my friend wasn’t so lucky). Frankly, that fear + conniving coworker was the only reason that made sense for him to break up with Oliver.

I would’ve liked a clear description of what Oliver looked like, tho. I can understand why you didn’t include one, but I think it would’ve helped.

You’re one of the most talented writers on this site. Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

sm1982sm1982about 3 years ago

This story was so wonderful.. I wasn’t expecting it to draw out so many different emotions, especially the way this made for each other couple broke up and didn’t speak nor see each other for three years. Toby really had one foot in and one foot out in regard to their relationship entering into the next phase. I will disagree with how Oliver shared that he wouldn’t take Tobias for granted..he never had. Toby was his everything and I can’t think of an example of when he didn’t show appreciation to the man he considered his “home”.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful story. I loved every page of this emotional roller coaster. And just when I though my heart couldn’t take any more, they get their HEA. And not that BS, ride into the sunset, over the 🌈 kind of HEA. You have us an honest to goodness, “someone’s definitely going to fk up but they know how much work it’ll take to still stay together” kind of HEA. Thank you for that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love this!! Even tho I’m a person who doesn’t look back, i love this story! I hate toby for doing that to him. But he fixed it in the end. Still if i were oliver, I wouldn’t go back to him cause he made decision for oliver to leave. That’s cruel and now begged him to be back.

dnsontndnsontnabout 2 years ago

Oliver is just a better, kinder, more forgiving man than I will ever be. In my experience, a relit cigarette never tastes the same. Good for them finding forgiveness and their way back to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon 1 year ago,

Then you are clearly very inexperienced in this matter. From their ages alone when they first started the relationship, it shows that both of them are at that age range where commitment is a common issue.

Their major mistake was leaving the problem on buying the house with Toby buying it on his own without telling Oliver. The relationship felt a bit off too. 5 years of being properly happy without any fights is definitely a great one to have, but there will always be occasions that there are underlying problems that are left unchecked, like how Toby is left majorly confused on advancing the relationship even further.

Not defending on Toby entirely, since he properly screwed up big time with how he deals with it, and I have to agree that Oliver is a bit too risky reviving the relationship over that short period of time. Although, look at that, they worked through all that!

So no, I don't agree that it's just an "artificial drama." I would say that it's more of one of those situations in stories like this where "you really should talk it out more, but nope, silent treatment and boom, drama" situation.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I like the redemption and forgivness but, if it comes to easy or to fast, the other might take victim for granted and might think that every time he hurt his boyfriend, he might get out easily without too much effort. This story has everything, only "grand gesture" is missing.

BlowPopJBlowPopJ6 months ago

Thought I reas everything, but I missed this one. Excellent read as always

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous