All Comments on 'Lucky Thirteen'

by MrStill

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ChasPHXChasPHXover 3 years ago
Nice style

It's so great to read a nice tight little story like this, with a refreshing use of language and understated sex. The game of 13s was fun. Thanks for publishing.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

I given it a 5 on concept alone

MrStillMrStillover 3 years agoAuthor
The answers

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed and voted so far on my story.

I promised that there are thirteen intentional thirteens in the story. For those interested, here they are.

Spoiler Alert – it’s probably worth reading the story before reading through these since the list may not make much sense if you haven’t read the story first.

1. The title

2. The description, being my thirteenth story

3. The billiard ball I miss potting

4. The songs are off The Doors album “13”

5. My next relationship will be my thirteenth

6. It costs $13 to get into The Duck

7. Although Peter doesn’t actually say it, The Duck is charging $13 for the drinks.

8. I tell Cathy that she will be my thirteenth.

9. And she tells me that I will be her thirteenth. I wonder if she’s telling the truth?

10. Her name – the ones her parents call her, Katerina Black, is thirteen characters long.

11. Although we don’t actually say it, I live at street number 13.

12. Kat makes sure I thrust thirteen times when I’m coming.

13. Let’s take my word for it that I was hard again in 13 minutes.

And finally, some may have noticed that I was lucky a Kat Black crossed my path. Happy Halloween!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago

Very nicely done. I don’t read this category often but it was a Halloween entry, so I decided to give it a try. Glad I did. Thanks for writing it so we could enjoy it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMrStill@MrStill
10 March 2024: I had better tidy this up... First of all, again many thanks to my readers and especially my followers and comments. I try to respond to any direct messages and appreciate all feedback. If anyone is wondering where The Project Trip parts 1 to 7 are, the story wa...