All Comments on 'Lyon's Den Ch. 04'

by wilderness

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
well writen

wilderness, I must compliment you for this series. Checking through New Postings (yeah for my stories, so go sue my ego) I was sampling my favorite authors. FinalStand, ProlongedDebut10 and neglected2much. And now I have to add your designation to that list.

Thinking about it, you all have different styles and certainly unique imaginations. What appeals to me is that you write adults acting like adults and talking like adults. With humor and compassion for your characters, even the unlikable ones.

I am perverse about starting a story at the beginning and methodically working my way through each sequential chapter at a time. So I went to your Author page and see you posted the first chapter in 2006. Then these next three chapters the last few months.

While maintaining a smooth continuity. Amazing skill! I can not see any difference in the storyline or structure. I look forward to future chapters to this plot and to reading the back postings of your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
"He was homeschooled, and wasn't allowed to socialize with anyone his parents didn't approve of."

You are woefully uninformed. Check this link: http://learninfreedom.org/socialization.html

But even if the link is removed, just search "home school socialization" and you'll find many well researched articles that find there is no inherent disadvantage to home schooling. There's plenty of good reasons to support a wide diversity of education models, including home schooling. People are unique, and learn in unique ways.

But also, isn't it a parent's responsibility to guide their children away from what they think are bad influences? Just because there are bad or misguided parents does not mean parents should relinquish their responsibilities. I hope they also didn't allow him to experiment with drugs, engage in criminal behavior, or overeat unhealthy food.

Your story is good. Please don't let an uninformed bias distract from its enjoyment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous