Lyssara's Kozakuran Adventure Pt. 02

Story Info
Lyssara's adventures continue in Shou Lung.
11.6k words
4.83
2.9k
5

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 02/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're almost there" Lyssara assured Matsu as the junk pulled in alongside the wooden dock in the port city of Tsingtao. Her companion was looking green from a combination of seasickness and morning sickness. Pregnancy isn't all it's cracked up to be, is it? The adventuress thought smugly, though she kept that to herself. She rubbed the shikken's daughter soothingly.

That's unworthy of you, Lyssara Wagnard thought to her from the katana strapped to the adventuress' back. You're also tempting karma. It's only a matter of time before you find yourself pregnant as well. I'm sure you'll be asking her for support then, not her judgement.

"That will never happen" Lyssara muttered over her shoulder. Well, maybe not never, but certainly not today, and not with some monster's spawn!

"Wagnard speaking out of turn again?" Matsu asked as she leaned against Lyssara.

The smaller woman fought the urge to groan as the pregnant lady rested against her. Being on the ship, she hadn't cast bull's strength and had to rely on her own natural muscle to hold Matsu up. She was still strong from the training and rigors of an adventurous life, but holding up the shikken's daughter, who was heavy with the oni's child, was still a strain. "More and more" Lyssara replied.

When the junk was tied off to the dock the gangplank was lowered and the two disembarked. "I'm glad to be back in Shou Lung. You have a beautiful land, Matsu, but I'm more comfortable in a place where I speak the language. Thankfully, you do as well so that makes it easy for both of us."

"Will we be staying here long?"

"I'm not sure. It's a long journey back to Faerun and I'm not sure we should start it until after you give birth. But if we're going to stay in Kara-Tur we'll need lodgings and food, and that means gold. Your father gave us quite a bit, but I'm not sure how long it will last once we start buying 'supplies'."

Don't bother speaking in code; I know you mean 'research into exorcising me from this sword. It won't be as easy as you think.

"We'll see about that." Lyssara linked her arm with Matsu's and helped her back to solid ground. They were both still a little shaky from the journey at sea, but Matsu especially so. "I don't think we can stay here. Tsingtao is too close to Kozakura; your father would be obligated to act once it's known that you're here. There's a city call Taitung not too far should move to, at least temporarily."

"Whatever you think is best, Lyssara." Matsu squeezed Lyssara's hand and began to tremble. "Perhaps its best to get out of the city; I'm going to need comfort soon."

How fun! What will it be today? I'm sure there are all sorts of exciting monsters you can find on the mainland.

Lyssara ignored the sword and instead got locations to the nearest market. As the walked off the dock and into the city proper a pretty but delicate pale Shou Lung woman ran up to them.

"Miss Lyssara! Miss Lyssara! I knew you would be here! Please, great teacher, may I have a moment of your time?"

"Yes, what is it?" Lyssara asked curiously. It wasn't often that she was recognized off the street, but when it happened it almost always led to adventure.

The young woman beamed happily at the positive response. "My name is Fang Chun. I am a practitioner of magic, and used divination to learn you would be here today. I would very much like to be your apprentice. Please accept my service and teach me, mistress."

Lyssara blinked in surprise, and Matsu tittered softly. "Listen, Chun, I am flattered by the offer, but this is not really a good time for me to be accepting a student. There's a lot going on, some things you wouldn't even believe. Really, I'm also not planning on staying in Shou Lung, but will be returning home to the west soon." The adventuress smiled kindly at the young women.

Don't be such a sourpuss Lyssara. Look how bright eyed and eager she is! She'd make a great apprentice; and if she hangs around you long enough, a great mother too. I wonder what she'd be best paired with, an orc, maybe?

Images of the young prospective apprentice being ravished by a large, thick orc flashed involuntarily through her mind. Lyssara quickly pushed the fantasy aside to concentrate on Chun, who looked unpersuaded by the gentle letdown.

"That's not a problem at all, Miss Lyssara. One of the reasons I want to learn from you is because I want to leave Shou Lung and travel. After you won the magic tournament; your skill and creativity in casting was amazing, by the way, everyone was talking about the glamorous foreign adventurer and I realized that could be me...if I traveled with you back to Faerun. So please, let me! I'll be a great help to you!" Chun pleaded earnestly, clasping her hands together in supplication.

"I don't mind" Matsu added, "it could be fun having another traveler with us, and she looks trustworthy."

Lyssara glared at Matsu before turning back to Chun. "It's more complicated than that. There's a delicate matter I'm handling-"

Heh, 'handling'

"-that you don't want to get caught up in. It could be dangerous" Lyssara said, fighting the urge to snap back at her sword.

"I'm not afraid of danger! I know that's part of being an adventurer!" Chun objected.

"That's not the type of danger I'm talking about" Lyssara prevaricated, then looked at Matsu who shrugged.

What, me? I couldn't touch a hair on her head. She's choosing the life, Lyssara. Who are you to say no?

"We're under a sort of curse," Lyssara explained, "Matsu and I. If you travel with us it could spread to you, too."

Matsu harrumphed but didn't say anything. Chun looked perplexed. "What kind of curse?" She asked.

Yes Lyssara, what kind of curse? I can't wait to hear you explain this one.

"Fine. You really want to know? Matsu was part of a monstrous breeding cult and is now pregnant with the child of an oni. She has to routinely mate with bestial creatures or she'll die. The soul of the cult leader is bound to the sword on my back, which is now cursed so I can't get rid of it. He's constantly encouraging me to get into situations where I might succumb to the same fate Matsu has. If you join up with us, you too might find yourself with a non-human child. Wagnard, that's the cult leader, has considered you for an orc." Lyssara huffed after spitting out the diatribe. "Are you sure you want to expose yourself to that?"

First Chun paled, then she flushed as the full implication sunk in. She glanced from Lyssara to Matsu's round stomach and gulped. Her gaze shifted back to the adventuress and she formed a weak smile. "I trust you'll solve it, just like you foiled the demon summoning in Koryo. I'm sure seeing how you banish the spirit in the katana will be highly educational! Please Miss Lyssara, let me follow you. I can be of great help." Her dark eyes flickered to the hilt of the sword jutting over Lyssara's shoulder. "You'll need spell components to try and exorcise sword, yes? Let me show you where the best shops are!"

"Fine" Lyssara said with a pinched face. Matsu squealed and clasped Chun's hands and barraged the young woman with questions. It took her aback to see the shikken's daughter act so, as she was usually much more reserved. Is it me?

Of course it is, what did you expect? You slaughtered the family she chose, including the father of her child, mind you, in your 'rescue'. Now you've taken charge of her life and are leading her on a world tour. You're not her friend, you're a force of nature.

Wagnard's words stung, all the more so because Lyssara couldn't find fault with them. I have got to devise a spell to block his access to my thoughts.

No you don't! You need a confidant who knows everything about you.

Lyssara rolled her eyes and followed the chattering girls through the city. Tsingtao was busy, though not as busy as Kuo Te' Lung, the capital of Shou Lung. The streets were packed enough that no one took notice of the three women, only a little bit to Lyssara's chagrin. Her outfit was designed to catch attention after all, and she was the only Faerunian she'd seen so far. Perhaps you need a wardrobe change.

True to her word, Chun led them to a market that had a wide range of trade goods. While perhaps not as diverse as some of the bigger cities in the empire, it had everything she needed. "Alright ladies, hold up a moment". Lyssara pulled out a parchment from her bag and began writing down the materials she needed. Candles, salt, sulfur, chalk, a live chicken and so on. Many of the items she already had, but it never hurt to have more.

Summoning an imp? That could be a fun partner for Matsu.

"Here, Chun" Lyssara said as she passed the parchment and a pouch of gold to the young woman. "Your first test: find these components." Meet me back here in" Lyssara looked up at the sky to judge the position of the sun, "two hours. Can you handle it?"

"Yes Miss Lyssara! I won't fail you!" Chun took Matsu and the pair ran off.

Hopefully they won't get into too much trouble Lyssara thought as she strolled through the marketplace looking for a seamstress. A small shop tucked away in the corner of the square caught her eye. There were several fine silk robes on display with bright colors and beautifully embroidered decorations. She stepped into the store and began browsing through the selection.

"No no no" an older gentlemen said as he entered room from the back. "Not that one. None of these are fit for you, madame. Follow me, and I'll show you the real items." He gestured for her to come.

"What's wrong with these? They look lovely" Lyssara asked cautiously as she slowly moved as if to follow.

"Oh, they are very beautiful, exquisite workmanship, but not right for you. I have dresses meant for battle, the silk enchanted to be strong, hardy." The man led her to another room in the surprisingly deep shop. This one had another wide variety of garments that had magic oozing off them and were cut in ways to make them less restrictive. "This one is perfect for you" he insisted as he pointed out a red dress clinging to its mannequin.

"Oh my!" Lyssara exclaimed as she examined the silk qipao dress. The garment was a vibrant red with flowers embroidered in gold adorning it. The top half had a high collar and would cling to the contours of her body, while the bottom was split in three spots, a long 'loin cloth' panel in front that reached her ankles and two more in the back. The deep slit would reveal almost the entirety of her thighs, but would let her be quite mobile. "It's amazing!" And since it's already enchanted I won't have to worry about casting mage armor anymore.

They haggled over the price, but Lyssara knew she had to have it and soon the deal was completed. Now I just have to find a place to change.

It's a shame I don't have eyes to see with Wagnard said with an amusement that made Lyssara shudder.

I'll worry about that later. First, I have to find a way to block him from my thoughts!

Don't be like that, we're having so much fun together!

Ignoring the sword bound spirit, Lyssara left the shop with her package and began looking for a vendor selling scrolls. She did find one willing to sell mind blank, but that was too complicated for her. Besides, I need something permanent, or at least long lasting. Maybe a ring of mind shielding. Browsing through the marketplace she was able to find one, but the hefty price of 8000 gold coins was well beyond her. Fortunately, the merchant was able to sell her a ring of lesser mind shielding which would block the sword from reading her thoughts, but not block him from speaking with her telepathically.

All's well that ends well, eh Lyssara? Come on, admit that you don't want to miss our riveting conversations!

With her shopping done, Lyssara returned to the entrance of the square and waited for Chun and Matsu to arrive. The two women appeared less then 10 minutes later with a large pack stuffed with supplies. "Did you get everything?"

"Yes Miss Lyssara!" Chun replied eagerly. "With treasure to spare!" She added as she handed the adventuress the remaining gold. "What are they for?"

Lyssara looked around conspiratorially and lowered her voice. "Summoning. I've got a contact I want to ask about our little problem." She gave Chun a hard look before finally relenting. "Alright, you can come with us and watch. I won't promise to take you with us to Faerun, but you can at least learn a little about summoning.

As Chun squealed with joy, Lyssara led the group out of the city on a trade route heading west. The road passed through a forest on the way to their next stop, Taitung. The heavily forested area would provide decent cover for what Lyssara was planning. After walking down the road for an hour they broke off into the woods until they found a small clearing. The three women brushed aside the fallen leaves and branches before unpacking the supplies.

"What are we going to summon?" Chun asked, her voice tremulous with excitement.

"An imp. Nothing too dangerous or complicated, but we'll be thorough just in case, and so you learn how to do it properly. First we need five stones" Lyssara explained, and once they were gathered she arranged them in a pentagram shape. Now, you draw a pentagram on each one while I connected them with the salt."

Chun scrawled the designs on each of the rocks while Lyssara drew a larger pentagram using the salt. Matsu sat against a tree to rest and watch the summoning unfold.

An imp? Going to ask questions about Lamashtu? Or the magic I used to turn the sword into a phylactery? Go ahead, this should be interesting; and I can't wait to see what he asks for in return.

"Quiet" Lyssara snapped at Wagnard, then looked at Chun apologetically, "sorry, I was speaking to the sword." The adventuress pulled out the bag of sulfur and passed it to Chun. "Place a pinch in the center of each pentagram, then put a candle on each as well" Lyssara instructed.

Chun added the salt, and then set up the candles. The young mage cast a cantrip to light the first one, and then spread the flame to the others until they were all alight. "Done! You said the imp was a contact. How do you know him? Is he going to cooperate, or will you have to bargain?"

"We'll have to negotiate, but I think I know what we can offer him" Lyssara said grimly as she glanced at Matsu. "I first summoned him after leaving my baron's service when he was overthrown by another petty warlord. I was feeling a bit bitter and set him loose on the livestock that supplied the keep. I've worked with him intermittently since then, most recently to help stop that cult in Koryo from summoning a powerful demon."

The young magic user seemed perplexed by that. "Why would one demon help you undermine another? Isn't that counterproductive?"

Lyssara laughed in spite of herself. "Imps are devils, and has no loyalty towards Lamashtu or any other demon. If he can get ahead at another's expense he will. Which is why Gogoth will be willing to tell us everything he knows about Lamashtu and the magic used to bind the soul into the sword."

Don't expect it to be much. What could an imp know that would undermine a Goddess?

"Come here" Lyssara requested as she pulled out her spellbook and flipped to the page. "Here is incantation and a diagram of the somatic components. Watch me cast this one, and later we'll talk more about the spell." The adventuress recited the magic words and traced the requisite patterns in the air. The sulfur ignited, but rather than dissipating the smoke lingered in the magic circle. "Chun, get the chicken and slit its throat over the pentagram."

"Yes Miss Lyssara" the woman replied as she pulled out her dagger. She removed the chicken from its cage and thrust it over the circle and into the sulfuric vapor. The bird began to cluck and flap its wings trying to escape, but Chun quickly ended the creature's misery by cutting its neck. Thick red blood gushed out onto the earth. As soon as is splashed into the dirt the candles flared even brighter.

"Now drop it" Lyssara commanded. Once the chicken hit the ground it erupted in flames, but rather than burning up it shriveled and cracked open as an imp burst forth from the corpse. The diminutive devil flew in place after appearing, looking first at Lyssara then shifting his gaze to Chun and Matsu. It lingered on the pregnant woman before he finally snatched up the smoldering chicken carcass and began gnawing on the flesh.

"Lyssara! How good to see you again!" He croaked as is teeth gnashed through the charred flesh. "You've brought friends this time too!" The smacking and chomping of his jaws filled the small clearing as he feasted. "You've been well, I trust?"

"I've had some ups and downs, but mostly good. How about yourself? How are the Nine Hells treating you?"

"More of the same, really. This might provide a nice distraction though." Gogoth spun in place to look at Chun and Matsu again. "Who are your friends?"

"This is Chun" Lyssara replied, gesturing to her apprentice who waved at him awkwardly, "she wants me to teach her a thing or two about magic." Next she nodded to Matsu, "This is Matsu, a young woman in trouble I'm escorting to Faerun."

"I should say! She has the stink of the Abyss about her!" The imp said jovially, not seeming too perturbed by it. "So do you for that matter. Something's different about you Lyssara" Gogth remarked as he scrutinized the adventuress.

It's not her, it's me, imp. Wagnard said.

Gogoth's fiery eyes locked onto the hilt sticking up over Lyssara's shoulder. "Well well well Lyssara, who do we have here? Why do you have a sword with a demonic curse on it?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. You see..." Lyssara explained the events in Kozakura and how the sword is now bound to her and can't be discarded. "I was hoping you might have some insight onto how to break the curse, or at least destroy the sword and banish Wagnard back to the Abyss."

"Lamashtu, eh? Well, I can tell you a few things if you're willing to pay." Gogoth flew around the perimeter of the magic circle to face Matsu again. "What about you? Do you want to be freed from your compulsion to breed monsters?"

"Yes!" "No!" No!

Gogoth laughed. "One at a time!"

"I'm perfectly fine with my condition" Matsu answered as she rose from the ground with a groan.

"You say that now, but what about after you have a half-dozen babies to take care of all by yourself? No town is going to take you in with a litter of monster spawn in tow" Lyssara retorted.

Her brood will protect and care for her.

"And try to breed her as well I imagine" The adventuress retorted.

"Lyssara!" Matsu gasped, but then her eyes glassed over and she looked vacant.

Taking a deep breath, Lyssara turned back to the imp. "Let's focus on the matter at hand. Do you know how to break the curse and banish Wagnard's spirit?"

"Yes and no" Gogoth replied noncommittally.

Now there's an answer I'd expect from a devil. I don't have to warn you about striking deals with their sort, Lyssara.

"Well which is it?" Lyssara asked tersely.

"I can't tell you specifically how to do it, as in, I don't have a spell that will accomplish everything you want" the imp explained. "But I can tell you in general what you have to do, and I can tell you anything you want to know about Lamashtu."