All Comments on 'Mad Dog - First Strike Ch. 04'

by crimepunk

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
ag2507ag2507almost 4 years ago

These snippets are far too short: makes it hard to stitch them together into a cohesive story. So, I have figured out Ch 4 follows Ch 1 but have absolutely no idea what chs 2 and 3 have to do with the story except ch3 vaguely mentioned bletchly so it must have something to do with Ch 4 but because I was struggling to relate Ch 2 and3 with chapter 1 I thought they were all independent short stories. You need to stitch these snippets together into something more cohesive.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 4 years ago

Four teasing snippets.

These would work better as part of a complete story published in it’s entirety. From a reader’s perspective, the enjoyment of reading a story is diminished by the effort of rereading previous snippets and trying to ascertain the connections.

These individual snippets are interesting by themselves, to a degree. Being incomplete, however, is like the first bars of an enjoyable song and there is a longing for the rest.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 3 years ago

Completely Concur with Freddog & ag

As Freddog says these snippets are interesting but the connections a reader normally makes unconsciously toward what has come before, is more difficult when the content is abbreviated to this degree. I’m sure ag2507 would have had a better understanding if he had waited till after the story was complete. Crimepunk’s writing is excellent and when the story is good, the longer the better as far as I’m concerned. It helped I had just read all of Mad Dog’s first episode which was the trigger for the strike. Thank you, crimepunk, for your entertaining efforts.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous