Mae

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Callan pulled Mae out to the waiting carriage, his hand still over her mouth.

"You SWORE," he hissed, shaking her slightly.

"I wasn't going to say anything! I was only going to tell her he needed to be covered and cared for!"

"So you say," he snarled. "Fix your dress," he snapped as the carriage started moving quickly. "You will keep your word when we arrive in the city and do as I say! If you don't I will see to the punishment of your father and that imbecile who had the nerve to put hands on me! Sit up and stop sniveling. Here, wipe your face!" he demanded, handing her a linen from his pocket. "There now. Mae... none of this had to happen! Why couldn't you have just said yes? Do you know who I am? Don't you understand what I am offering you?"

"You're a monster," she whispered, shaking her head. "What you did to me... what you did to my Isaiah. He was a sweet and gentle man!"

"No more of that talk!" he demanded. "You swore to do as I say! I say that you stop dwelling on the past and treat me like the man you are excited to marry! Show me how much you adore me and wish to please me!"

Mae only turned and hid her face, closing her eyes and feeling lost. Her wonderful, loving Isaiah! Lost to this man's pride and vile nature!

"Mae," Callan called. "No more of that. Why don't you come over here with me? Let me show you how good I can make you feel? How much better I am at pleasing a woman than the old man?"

Mae ignored him, pulling her legs up and hugging her knees as she hid her face.

"Are you disobeying already, Sweet Mae," he asked dangerously.

Mae miserably moved across the carriage to sit next to him, then didn't fight when he pulled her close to him.

"There's my Sweet Mae," he cajoled, his tone mocking. "My good girl. Mmm, I want you so badly, Mae, but I can't have you getting pregnant yet. Not until after we speak our vows! We can speak them as soon as you have your moon cycle and prove you aren't already with the old man's child. Come over here," he demanded, pulling her in tight and forcing her head down to his lap as he unfastened his breeches and shoved them down.

When his cock was free, he shoved her face closer, forcing her lips against his hard dick.

"Kiss it, Mae," he growled. "Kiss it, then wrap your lips around it! I want you to take it into your mouth and pull with your lips and tongue! Do it Mae! Do it or I send men to gather up your father to keep close and punish when you disobey!"

Mae let out a wail of disgust and misery as she parted her lips and touched them to the tip of his hot, thick, member.

"There you go, Sweet Mae," he breathed, pushing her head down further until his cock was in her mouth. "You try and use teeth on me and I will pull them out one at a time and make you suffer! Use your lips, your tongue and suck. Stroke with your mouth. Move your head, Mae and take hold here with your hand," he demanded breathily, gripping her hair to guide her as she cried silently. "Mae! Oh, that's good, such a sweet girl for me! A little harder, press harder with your lips. Stroke with your hand, follow your mouth with your hand... nnnn, yes! Just like that Mae! Nnnn! Mae!" he panted, letting his head fall back euphorically.

Mae tried to do as he instructed, follow the pace he set, but she couldn't stop her tears and her heartache and her anger at Callan. More than anything she wanted to bite down with her teeth and not let go until she bit him and half, then get out of the carriage and run back home. If there weren't men outside on horseback riding alongside the carriage, she would have done it.

"Mae! Nnnn, be ready! I am close! Don't stop, you will swallow it all for me! Nnnnn, faster Mae! Ohhhh!" he cried as his cock expanded in her mouth, then expelled his seed down her throat as she tried not to gag. She let out a small cry of loathing, then immediately pulled away the second he finished and fled back to the other seat to curl up and cry.

Callan said nothing as he fastened his pants and let out a satisfied sigh.

Eventually, he lifted his head to look at her and watch her as she pressed against the back of the seat and sobbed. Even sobbing, she was stunning. Red eyes, red nose and swollen lips, she still managed to pull to him in a visceral way.

Why?

Why this one girl? She was nothing, a no one that he had used and tossed aside. Even before the old man had blackballed him, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. How good she had felt in his arms, her ready smile and laugh, her sweet nature and her naivete. Even her disdain for the opulence of the city was amusing. Once the old man had reached out and shamed him, tried to censure him, he had become obsessed with taking her from him. He'd known he'd have to use force, the leverage he had on her, but he hadn't imagined she would give herself to the old man rather than be with him. He was a sought after man, even after what Isaiah had done. Still, it had presented him with another opportunity and he'd taken full advantage of it. Now she was his, but it wasn't enough, he wanted her to smile at him again and love him. He wanted to win her over, prove that he could charm even her. Also, he imagined, he might have fallen for the beautiful little farm girl. Not something he was familiar with at all, no girl had ever tempted him to give up his freedoms or to give up other women. Now, for her, he would. He would have to. She was the lady Hallingford now and she was actually more powerful than his family. That meant if he was caught with a mistress, she could dissolve the marriage. He wasn't going to let that happen, not now that he was stepping up in the world and getting the girl he wanted. How ironic was it that the old man had tried to bring him down and instead had lifted him so high?

He chuckled thinking about that as he watched Mae eventually slump as she had cried herself to sleep.

When they reached the city and Lord Hallingfords estates, he carried her in and she woke when he lifted her, but didn't struggle. She stared unseeing at his chest and he could tell she was lost in her own misery and loss.

There was only a single servant on duty and when he heard that Isaiah had passed while making love to his new wife, he went into a stiff posture. He was upset, obviously, but he was prepared to do his duty.

Callan had him show him to the master suite and he laid Mae down and tucked her in before stepping back out. He had to observe proprieties now that he was under scrutiny. Sending the servant off to bring all the other servants back and get word out that Isaiah had passed and Lady Hallingford was in residence at the manor now. Trying to hide from her grief.

Mae stared at the gauzy canopy tied back on the bed and wondered how long it had been since Isaiah had slept in this bed. This wasn't the same manor he had brought her to before, it was further from the city proper and larger than the one they had stayed in with Lilli and Ruth. She would be lost in this place. She imagined Isaiah's vengeful ghost coming and driving Callan out. Staying and keeping her company with his gentle smile and adoring eyes.

That turned into imagining David coming and using his giant fist on Callan again, this time putting an end to him. Taking her back home to her father where she could grieve in peace.

She then thought of what Callan had done and how witless he was to imagine that he knew more than she did about herbs. She would weaken him slowly, then let him slip from his mortal coil. She knew how, she knew what she would need, it was just a matter of getting her hands on it in the city. She might have to grow it herself. That would take time, but she supposed she had time. She would have her revenge on that monster.

"Sweet Mae, you are still awake!" Callan called cheerfully from the door. "You should try and get some rest, you've hardly slept at all! Do you need anything? The servant stepped out but I'm sure I can find my way around this place enough to see to your needs," he smiled, sitting next to her on the bed and taking hold of her hand in both of his.

Mae looked at him in a blank sort of confusion. He was going back to acting? Pretending? Why? He had what he wanted, why try to fool her now?

"If not then try to rest, you need it," he chided, turning her to her side enough to begin undoing her dress. "Let's get you more comfortable." Callan undid her dress, then pulled it off of her as she lay there, hopeless and lost. She refused to look at him, even as he stood and looked her over before putting the blankets back over her. Leaning close, he kissed her head and stroked her hair back. "I will stay here with you," he promised softly, as if he were human and not a monster. Taking her hand in both of his again, he sat close in a stool he pulled up, for all the world like a doting friend who cared about her.

She knew why when a servant came in carrying a tray with tea and fruit, setting it beside him, then announced that there were visitors. His mother and Ruth.

Another servant showed them both in as Callen hurriedly covered her completely and squeezed her hand warningly.

"Mae!" Ruth wailed as she rushed in, his mother behind her rushing to Callan to hug him. "Please say it's not true! He finally got to marry you and he's gone? Is he truly? My sweet uncle Isaiah?"

"His heart gave out," Callan told Ruth. "I had to get her out of there, her grief was too raw. He... it happened while they were being intimate, she is distraught. I think the best thing for her is rest and a bit of time. Have no fears, I will be here with her and I won't leave her side! My sweet little Mae," he breathed forlornly, stroking her hair. "Her heart is so big and she adored the old man and wanted to see him so happy. Seeing her with him these past weeks, they were a beautiful if unlikely pair! She adored him as much as he loved her, it was obvious. I knew I couldn't let her stay there with all of that pain and the reminders."

"Of course not," his mother agreed, leaning close to pat Mae's arm. "Poor dear girl, a widow so young! Of course we will let you rest. Cal, let me know if she needs anything at all! Come, child, let's leave her to her grieving in peace," she told Ruth, taking her by the arm to lead her out.

"Mae? Mae, do you want me to stay? Keep you company?"

"I have something here that will help her sleep, she's hardly rested at all since it happened. She is traumatized," Callan told Ruth quickly.

They both left and Callen helped Mae sit up enough to sip the tea that was in the cup set to the side. Mae didn't care, she wanted to sleep.

For days she slept, miserable and heartbroken. Every time she woke, Callan was there, either sleeping on the chaise or sitting next to her and holding her hand as he read. He coaxed her to eat every time she woke, then immediately put her back to sleep.

When the funeral came, he gave her a different sort of tea, one that made her numb and lethargic, but didn't put her to sleep. She sat through the entire thing, not hearing a word as Ruth clutched her arm on one side and Callan sat next to her on the other. She wasn't even aware of what was happening, not until the next time she woke up and she remembered. Another week passed of her sleeping and nothing else, Callan staying close. She was aware, some days, of other people in the room and Callan speaking to them. Always extremely cheerful and nice, and always holding her hand and petting on her lovingly, putting on a show. He seemed not to turn it off, even when people weren't around and Mae imagined it was in case a servant came in or was listening at the door. She ignored him and stared through the curtains, letting the herbs and things he was giving her take her mind away. Sleep was better than grief.

Sometimes she woke up wondering why her father hadn't come yet. Wasn't he going to save her? Bring David to flatten Callan again and take her home? All she wanted was to go home.

By the second week, Callan started giving her something else, something that made her mind foggy. He sat her up in bed in one of the sleeping gowns he had gotten for her and allowed more visitors. Ruth came most often, though Lilli came as well with the baby sometimes as well. Mae had little to say to Ruth, the girl who had made her into a spectacle and allowed Callan to get his hands on her. Ruth didn't seem to get the hint, though. She stayed and talked and tried to coax Mae into speaking more and eating.

It was in the fourth week that Callan brought a doctor in and Mae just lay there through the entire exam, even though what he was looking at and doing was horrible.

"She is not with child," the man announced. "And she is no longer virginal. I will sign all of the documents to attest to it."

Callan gave him a nod and thanked him, seeing him out.

Mae didn't have it in her to wonder what that was about.

An hour later, Callan returned, smiling at her and pleased beyond measure. "Well and good then, Sweet Mae! We can be married right away now! I will bring you out of your miseries! I will let your nieces come and help you plan the wedding, along with my mother and sister."

Mae finally spoke to him. "I want to see my papa," she whispered.

"If you do as I say, Mae, you will get to see your father again. Just now he is... busy. The farm was given over to a younger man with a family who could help him run it and your father no longer lives there. Don't worry, he is safe and staying at the country estate with a couple of my guards."

"You are holding him hostage?"

"Not for much longer! Once you see that I intend to see you happy, you will fall in line quickly and I will let him go!"

"What about David?"

"The farmhand who put hands on me? He was punished before being sent back where he came from."

"What did you do?!?"

"Nothing he didn't deserve. Don't worry, Sweet May, by now he is back home and they are taking care of him. He will never lay hands on another soul."

"I need to see my papa... to know he's alright."

"Soon enough. After the wedding and our honeymoon. Be a good girl for me and do as you promised. Do you remember your promise? To do whatever I wish?"

"I remember."

"Good. So I will send for all of them and you can all arrange the wedding and..."

"No. No, I want no part of it and I don't want Ruth there either. Just... let your mother plan it all."

"She would love to do that, darling! That's very sweet of you to allow her free reign, she'll be so pleased. Now then, today is the last day you will spend in that bed. Tomorrow you will get up and start learning the running of the household and your holdings and estates. I will be here to help you, but it's all very tedious to me. I prefer not to have to do it, but it does have to be done. I will have the seamstress come and take your measurements for more dresses and I sent for the dresses you had before. Mae? Are you listening?"

Mae gave him a slight nod as she stared at her pillow.

"Good. By Monday, you will step out with me, in widow's black of course, and I will be seen comforting you and being your close confidant. Soon after, we will become closer, more. After a few months, we will announce the wedding. Alright, darling?"

"If that's what you say," she sighed. "Can't I just see my papa?"

"You may write him a letter and I will allow him to write you as well. That is all I will allow, do not ask again, I will let you know when I trust you, Mae."

"Did you hurt David?"

"I never laid a hand on him."

"Did you have someone else hurt David?"

"Why do you care so much? Does he mean something to you, Mae?"

"He was nice and my father adored him like a son. He defended me."

"Get some rest, my little Mae, tomorrow is going to be a big day for you. I am going to send word to my mother to begin planning."

Mae sighed dismally and fell back against her pillows.

As soon as Callan kissed her temple and left, she was feeling anxious and agitated enough to want to get up. Finally, she felt something more than despair and sadness, she felt anger and resolve. Her legs protested, but she limped and hobbled around the room until she could walk normally, then stepped out to find a servant to show her to the bathing chamber.

She was not expecting the deep, inset pool of steaming water. She'd never even heard of such a thing, but the servant hurriedly began undressing her and ushering her into the water. It was a strange experience, but she also enjoyed it immensely. So much so that she relaxed and lounged in it for much longer than she should have.

"It's wonderful to see you up," Callen called from the door. "If you are finished I will have dinner served in the dining room this evening! It will be good for you to sit and eat. Camilla, go get her the dark red dress. She needn't wear the back unless she is leaving the estate. Go ahead, I will stay back here until you return."

The servant left at a run and as soon as she did, Callan stepped further in, letting the door shut behind him. He was free about looking Mae over, even as she huddled and drew her legs up to hide.

"You are so lovely, Mae," he spoke softly. "I long for the moment when you are my wife and I can taste you again. I never thought it could happen, that I could fall in love, especially not to one such as you. You have pervaded my mind and my heart, my entire soul. I will have you soon, my love, and it will be exquisite."

Mae looked up at him, a little stunned. He LOVED her? He at least thought he did! So he wasn't putting on an act, he was actually trying to win her over...

Mae carefully considered what she must do now in order to escape this man. She didn't like the idea, but she knew she would have to warm up to him. Pretend to be agreeable to the marriage.

On their wedding day, she would poison him like he had her Isaiah.

Quickly, she turned away with a scowl. "Get out so I may dress!"

He chuckled. "She will be a moment, the dark red dress is still packed away and she'll have to find it. Look at me, lovely Mae."

"Let me see my father! Let me see him and know that he is safe and I will pretend for you in public. I won't let people see how much I loathe you!"

"I told you that you may write him, Mae. Be satisfied with that and know that if you try to act abominably, he will no longer be able to write to you."

"Monster!"

"No, my love, determined. I will make you fall in love with me again and..."

"I was never in love with you! You caught my eye for a moment, but I was considering how to best let you down when you asked me to walk with you!"

"Of course you were," he smiled mockingly. He didn't believe her!

Mae grit her teeth and turned away. "Believe what you want, but I was thinking about what to say to you! How to let you down easily! I didn't like you then, I felt that you weren't as nice as you were pretending to be and you were playing a game with me! I knew something was off and I was right! You ARE a monster and I will die before I ever fall in love with you!"

His smile was darker then. "As you will, Mae. We will see." He turned and left finally and Mae was sobbing quietly into her arm when the servant returned.

She was forced to spend the next week stepping out with Callan, always in widow's black. They did little errands first, Callan telling everyone that he was getting her out of the house, trying to get her up and out of bed before she got sick from mourning too much. The following week, he took her out on more than errands, stopping in to eat with her in public. Sometimes he would have his sister or mother with them, but when Ruth came the first time, Mae asked that she not be allowed again.

She had thought she made herself clear, so she was surprised when Ruth showed up early one morning to speak to her. Mae only stared coldly when the servant showed her in.