Mae

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mae? Have I done something wrong? Are you angry with me? With us? Because it wasn't me who went to see about contesting your marriage! I told mother not to, that you weren't that kind of girl! And the doctor said he had consummated the marriage after the judge ordered it, so she will never question it again! You have to understand, Uncle Isaiah was taking care of us! Of course she would be afraid!"

"You really think it's about that?" Mae demanded, shocked and confused by what Ruth was saying, but setting it aside. "It's about you condescending to me and using me as a plaything! Making light of my ignorance and having a good laugh with all of your friends! It is YOUR fault I am here right now, Ruth! You and your games! Taking me there and playing along with acting as though Callan liked me, feeding into it!"

"Callan adores you? He was heartbroken after you left with no explanation after turning him down and going home. After he found out you intended to marry my uncle!"

"Is that what he told you?!? He RAPED me, Ruth! He raped me and Isaiah found me on the side of the road and took care of me! Callan TOLD me that I was nothing to him and he would never lower himself to have feelings for a lowly farm girl! He may have feelings now, but he isn't sorry for what he did and he is using it to force my hand in this! So yes! I am angry with you for toying with me and allowing that monster to get his hands on me! All of you who were there that day, jollying me along and making it so that he could get me alone! Pretending you didn't know what a monster he was and what he would do!"

Ruth had gone white, then her cheeks went red. "I didn't know! I didn't know he would do that! I thought... I thought maybe he might be stringing you along, but he was so genuinely hurt! Then when Uncle Isaiah snubbed him out of jealousy for daring to ask you to be his..."

"No! He did it to punish him for raping me, because there was no other recourse for me! No one would care what he did, only Isaiah cared! Isaiah cared and he took care of me! Protected me and helped me sleep without nightmares and being terrified! It was after that that I fell in love with Isaiah, after he selflessly cared for me and never pressed his interests on me."

"Mae! Mae, it isn't true! I never knew he would do that, truly! And he came back and lied to all of us!"

"Ray knew. Ray helped him and Callan told him what he'd done! Isaiah heard them and that's how he knew to come and find me!"

"If that's true, I'll never speak another word to him! I swear it, Mae!"

"I don't want your false friendship, Ruth. I know why you're here. I'm not going to put you and your family out and leave you with nothing. Just go please, and don't come back."

Ruth drew up, tears in her eyes, but turned and left.

Callan came in as she left, giving Mae a dark look. "You best watch the words that touch your lips, Mae," he growled. "You're lucky that I have a handle on her and can keep her from talking! Never tell anyone about that night again, do you understand? Never."

"People already know, everyone who was there the night Isaiah caught you cornering me in my barn!"

"All my people who won't talk. Not another word of it, Mae. Get dressed. Not black today, wear that brown one that was delivered yesterday. Still dark, but you are coming out of mourning."

"Get out," she demanded angrily.

He cocked his head, his eyes going dangerous. "Do not press too far, Mae. I adore you, but I won't be ordered around and I won't let you bring me down. Get dressed and do so quickly."

Mae spent another week being muley, then the following week allowed herself to 'accidentally' laugh at one of his jokes while out with his sister and her husband. She blushed and looked down as Callan smiled at her, entirely too pleased.

From there, she let him in in small ways. Taking his arm and holding on instead of being forced to. Sometimes holding on with both hands as if she weren't thinking about it and smiling more often. She let herself laugh more, always pretending to be embarrassed after. She stayed close to him in mixed company, pretending he was a comfort to her, sometimes taking his arm even when they weren't walking. Standing close and pretending to be nervous in large crowds and a lot of people. Staring at him in adoration until he looked at her, then quickly looking away, blushing again.

When their wedding was announced, she feigned excitement and even helped his mother plan it. She didn't have to fake it too much, she WAS excited. Excited to be rid of him and be able to go home.

She was nicer and nicer to him and less than a week before the wedding, he followed her into her room and spun her, leaning down to kiss her. Shocked, she pulled back, but he just grinned and kissed her again. She didn't pull away, but she stayed stiff and didn't kiss him back.

"Mae!" he whispered breathlessly. "Kiss me goodnight! I'm going to be your husband soon and I thought you were happy about it? You've been so pleasant and good for me! Kiss me!"

Mae puckered her lips and squeezed her eyes shut and let him kiss her again, but he pressed for more. Taking hold of her face, he pressed her jaw open and shoved his tongue in her mouth, toying with her tongue with his own. Mae whimpered and her hands went to his wrists to try and pull away.

"Mmmm, goodnight lovely Mae," he whispered, letting her go and kissing her forehead. "I love you my darling."

As soon as he was gone, Mae scrubbed her arm across her mouth and went to rinse her mouth out.

Following her in the next night, he kissed her again, forcing her mouth open as he drove her back towards her bed. Mae turned away, panting and wide eyed as her legs hit the side of the bed.

"Cal! Stop! It's time for you to go!"

"Mae! I've been waiting so long! Being so good! We can have this tonight, it won't matter! If you get pregnant, no one will know it was tonight and not this weekend! I love you and I need you so badly!" he breathed, pressing her back to the bed to kiss her again.

Mae turned away in a panic and ke kissed along her jaw and neck, down to her chest where her dress started. "Cal, please! Don't do this! I want to wait! It will mean more if we wait until our wedding night, please!"

"Then at least give me relief," he panted, standing to unbuckled his belt and shove his pants to his knees before laying on the bed and pulling her close. Grabbing a fistful of her hair, he guided her to his hard cock.

"Cal!" she cried, horrified.

"Please, Mae, I need you. Do this for me and I won't take you tonight! I'll please you instead, give you pleasure such as you've never known!"

"I don't want this!" she sobbed, trying to turn away as he pressed her face to his cock.

"Do it, Mae!" he demanded, grabbing his cock and pressing the head to her lips. "Open your mouth!"

Mae wilted in defeat and opened her lips slightly, barely touching his hard dick with them. He shoved her head down roughly, his hips thrusting up."

"Mmmm, Mae... Darling, that's perfect! I love you Mae! Keep going! That's so good... ohhhhh! I've needed you so badly, my perfect girl! Say you've needed me too? I'm going to make you happy, Mae! I'm going to show you what it is to be loved! To be my wife and to be pleased all your days! Mae!! Be ready my love, I want you to swallow it all for me! Nnnnnnn!" he groaned as his cock throbbed in her mouth and shot cum to the back of her throat.

Mae grimaced and tried not to gag. As soon as he let her go, she jerked back and sprang up, running to get a drink of water.

"Mmm, my love, come back," Callan called breathlessly. "It's your turn, I'm going to make you purr for me."

"I don't want that! I want to wait for our wedding night!"

"It isn't wrong if we do this Mae, this isn't forbidden. Only intercourse is frowned upon, and that ship has sailed. Come here, darling."

"No! I don't want to! You got what you wanted, please leave me to go to bed!"

He sighed and stood up, fastening his pants as he watched her across the room. He closed the distance and kissed her again, then left silently.

Mae cried when she finally went to bed, knowing that he would come again tomorrow and the next day, the night before their wedding. She wanted to poison him on their wedding day, but she wasn't sure she could fend him off that long.

The next evening, she excused herself early and headed towards the privy, then went around and up to her room and locked the door. He tried the door, then knocked. "Mae? Open the door please? Let me kiss you goodnight?"

"I'm not dressed, I'm getting ready for bed!"

"Open the door, Mae!"

"Go to bed, Callan, I will see you tomorrow!"

"Mae! Open this door right now!"

"No, Callan, I want to wait! Please respect that and leave me be!"

He growled, but left.

At breakfast, he stood when she came down and closed the distance quickly. "You will never lock me out again, Mae! Not ever! Do you understand?!?" he demanded, taking her arms in a tight grip and shaking her slightly.

"I understand! I just need my privacy for a few days while I prepare for tomorrow!"

"It was our last night together before tomorrow! I wanted to see you! I have to leave soon and stay at my home!"

"What?" Mae asked in a panic. "Why?!?"

"Tradition! I can't see you twenty four hours before the wedding, when I see you coming down the aisle for me."

"I won't see you at all before the ceremony?" Mae asked, horrified. How was she supposed to slip him the poison in time? It was slow acting, like what he had given Isaac! It had to be timed right! If she couldn't do it before the wedding, he wouldn't die until almost morning, AFTER he had taken her again!

"It's alright, my love, you won't be alone here. My sister is coming to stay with you and help you tomorrow, along with servants and a woman to do your hair. You'll be just fine."

Mae felt sick. She would have to hurry and get something that was faster acting!

She spent the day fretting after he left, trying not to be obvious as she found the things she needed and preparing it. Sending servants away in the kitchen was probably suspicious, but she didn't care. She needed it perfect to make it look like he'd had an aneurism, otherwise he'd live as a half man who couldn't speak or move, just be fed and changed like a baby.

In the morning, she had little time to herself, the manor and her room filled with people fitting her dress, fixing her hair and fussing over her.

Mae half wished she could drug herself through the ceremony like he'd drugged her through the funeral. Instead, she stood quietly behind the veil, trembling, tears sliding down her cheeks.

When he lifted the veil to kiss her, he looked upset as he took in her fear and tears. Leaning close, he kissed her lips chastly, his hands on her face. Gently, he wiped the tears away and pressed his head to hers.

The feast afterwards was opulent and extravagant and Mae hated it. She saw Ruth, Lilli and their mother among the tables looking sour and angry. It upset Mae because she knew all they cared about was maybe losing the money Isaiah was giving them and supporting them with. Not one was sorry for making fun of her and condescending to her, using her like a toy and sport for their friends. After she had helped Lilli so much!

When Callan stood, Mae felt panic rising again, her breathing coming too quickly as she looked around. She was about to kill a man! He was a monster and horrible, but she wasn't sure she could go through with it!

When he took her hand and pulled her up to stand, her knees buckled and he had to catch her and lift her up to carry her. He smiled at the crowd as he carried her off, but as soon as he was out of sight, he looked down at her in worry.

"Mae? What's wrong?"

"I'm afraid," she whispered truthfully.

"It's alright, my love! I will be easy this time. Gentle. I will make you enjoy it, I promise you. Now tell me what else is wrong, you've looked upset and tortured all day long!"

"I'm afraid, Callan! The last time... the last time this happened to me it was horrifying! I don't ever want it to happen again, not even married! I'm terrified of it!"

"Mae, my love, don't worry! I will be gentle and make you love it!"

"I could never love it, no matter what you did! You need to understand what you did to me! I had nightmares and couldn't sleep for so long! I still do! I made myself sick over it, Callan. Please, understand! Find another girl to do this with, I won't care! I won't tell anyone!"

"Mae!" he hissed as he carried her into her room and kicked the door shut. "That will never happen! You are my wife now and you have wifely duties! You have to share a bed with me, especially tonight of all nights!"

"Please, Callen! If you have a care for me at all, you won't do this?" she begged, not wanting to have to do this. She didn't want to kill him, not if she could find a way around it.

"That's enough!" he snapped angrily. "You are my wife and you PROMISED me this night! You promised me to do as I asked!"

"Fine," she wilted, sagging in his arms as he set her on the edge of the bed. "Please... can we have a drink? I need a bit of courage."

"No, Mae," he told her, his eyes shining. "Even if I did, I already switched out the bottle and poured the other out. Had a servant do it anyway. You think I was fooled so easily, Mae? You think I would fall for my own trick? I knew you were playing along, waiting for your chance and I let you because it was easier. You did as I wanted you to and put the face on that you needed to. Now, Mae... you will keep your promise to me and do as I ask you. Be a wife to me and good to me until the moment you fall in love with me. Once you are truly in love and not pretending, I will allow your father to come and live here with us. Now, my love, stand up here and I will help you with your buttons."

"I will end myself," she told him, her heart breaking.

"I'll not let you, Mae. Allow me to keep you happy? Allow me to show you? Let me in, Mae, you'll be happy you did."

"Never!"

"As you wish it," he sighed, pulling her up and turning her to undo her buttons.

Mae wilted, but didn't struggle as she went numb.

Callan seemed doubly upset that she had gone completely limp and unfocused. "Mae! If you do this, act this way, I will have no recourse but to send word to the country estate and give them instructions! By now they have brought your older brother and his wife back as well, along with your newborn nephew! Is that what I need to do?" he demanded.

Mae didn't hear him, staring through the coverlet in front of her.

Callan growled and shook her, turning her face to him, but she didn't move or acknowledge him. "I will do it, Mae! Wake up!"

Mae remained unmoving, completely limp and unresponsive.

Callan stood, wrapping a sheet around her, then lifting her. Carrying her all the way down to the bathing chamber, he tossed her in the deep, inset bath.

Mae came up, gasping and floundering with a scream of terror. Callan stepped in after her and lifted her up out of the water, carrying her to the edge and sitting with her in his arms as she clung to him. She was disoriented and lost as she looked around, wondering where she was and how she got there.

"Do not do that again, Mae," Callan scolded. "Not ever! Look at me! You are my wife and you made me a promise! Do you remember the oath you swore? You'll stop balking and live up to your word! Do you understand?"

Mae was still trembling as she nodded, still curled up against him.

Her time would come, she need only wait!

"Now. Look at me my love," he chided gently, turning her face to his. Leaning close and pulling her higher, he kissed her lips. Mae didn't move, not to fight or kiss him back, she knew she was going to have to let him do as he wished, but she didn't have to participate.

Callan growled and kissed her more passionately, forcing her mouth open as he held her face.

"Mae!" he snapped angrily, pulling back. "You WILL be a wife to me! Must I punish you like a child when you disobey me? Do I need to bring your family here so you can see them punished in your place? You will be a wife to me from now on and the moment you balk, I send a rider to bring them. All of them. Do you hear me?"

"Yes," she whispered sadly. "Can... we go back to the bedroom?"

He let out a frustrated sigh and stood, lifting her out with him and wrapping her in a towel before he put one around his waist. Carrying her upstairs as she shivered actually felt a bit empowering! He liked having so much control over her.

Laying her back on the bed, he pulled the towel away and she started to pull the blankets up.

"No, Mae," he demanded and she went still. "Lay down. Move your hands, put them up by your head. There's my good girl," he murmured, pulling his own towel away and moving closer, sitting on the edge of the bed close to her. "You are so lovely," he breathed, his fingers moving softly over her ribs and up to her breast to trace a finger lightly around her nipple.

Mae sucked in a breath as goosebumps spread over her, her nipple immediately stiffening.

Callans lips parted in surprise as his eyes went to hers, watching her face. "You LIKED that!" he breathed, unable to stop a smile from tugging at his lips. "Mae... I can make you love it if you open yourself to me? Let me in? I will adore you and please you, make you happy!"

Mae closed her eyes and turned away, blushing furiously. It had felt good, amazing even, but she didn't want to admit that to him!

Callan traced his fingers over to her other breast, lightly dragging them over it, then up and around her nipple until it was at a stiff point as well. Mae was clutching the blankets, trembling with the effort not to show what he was doing to her. Still, she couldn't control her shuddering breaths or the way her body reacted to his touch.

Callan revelled in it, watching her body react to his touch, watching her struggle to try not to show it. Moving closer and leaning in, he kissed and sucked on one pert little nub, then the other. Feeling her squirm under him as her back arched and her breathing became uneven was exquisite.

Moving slowly, he put a hand on her ribs, flat, holding her gently. Easing it down to her hip, he moved up to kiss her shoulders and neck. She let out a moaning sigh as he nuzzled her below her ear and kissed her jaw. "I love you, Mae," he whispered softly. "My beautiful little wife."

Mae whimpered and the way she was writhing, he knew she was giving in to sensation. Moving higher, he gently kissed her lips before quickly moving back to her neck and shoulders before moving back down to her breasts. He wasn't as soft and gentle this time, pulling and sucking as she let out cries of delight and want.

Finally, he eased his hand off of her hip and down her thigh, and then in. When his fingers grazed her mound, she sucked in a breath and went stiff, but Callan knew what he was about. He'd been with more women than he could count. He gently rolled his fingertips until he found that little nodule, then focused on it, pressing softly and rubbing a slow circle around it.

Mae let out a cry of despair and shock as her breathing became more ragged and she released her hold on the sheets to grip his shoulder.

After a moment of kissing her neck and biting gently on her breasts, he pulled up to look at her face as he slid a finger lower, dipping down into her slit. He drew in a sharp breath to find her soaking wet and ready for him and need almost overtook him. He wanted her now! He had no patience for this long game! Still, he moved his finger back up to play over her clit as he leaned up and kissed her lips again. She didn't go stiff like she had before, so he kissed her again and again until she was kissing him back, so lost in herself that she was only following her body's needs and not thinking about it.