All Comments on 'Magic is a Powerful Thing Ch. 09'

by Scots_Raven

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"no way out" ...really?

avidreader9869avidreader9869almost 3 years ago

This story has a lot of potential but is being derailed by arbitrary constraints you have put on the main character. Why wouldn’t Jacob have used magic in either of his fights? He has had no hesitation to use it in the past even in front of witnesses. In the face of grievous bodily harm and the threat of rape should he fail, he flails against his attacker with no plan or hope of success.

Your supposed cliffhanger at the end of this chapter reminds me of The Dark Knight quote “Let me get this straight, you think that your client, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante, who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands, and your plan is to blackmail this person?”

Scots_RavenScots_Ravenalmost 3 years agoAuthor

i understand your point of view but the reasons for his reluctance will be revealed in the next chapter. but i thank you for the criques and will use them to improve on the story overall.

1thaiguy1thaiguyalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed it until the end changing Juda and the no way out lost me. Not as interested in the story going forward. Would have been better Jacob kicking Juda ass in a fight and putting him saying quit on video. Your fetish with boy to girl transformation is a little too much.

TalonDCTalonDCalmost 3 years ago

I was enjoying the story, but Juda was your worst character, stereotypically "blacker-than-black" and with no redeeming value. The girl bullies immediately learned their lessons when they were transformed, but you just turned Juda "ghetto". Ugly and unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Are you kidding me Talon? If anyone deserved to know what it feels like to be used like a cheap whore then it is Juda. He treated everyone like a disposable piece of garbage and of course the rape and almost murder of Jacob and you think not necessary? While I think at times Jacob has gone too far in his idea of justice but if someone tried to rape my friend or girlfriend and then tried to kill me after acting like the coward Jude is, I would have gone further than Jacob. Juda was a sociopathic nightmare but not anymore. I fell in love with this story for the get go and it just keeps rocketing forward with incredible chapters. This goes so far beyond five stars from me and I vibrate with excitement waiting for each and every chapter. Screw Harry Potter, all hail Jacob! Too much? Too far? 🤬 I still think it is awesome?

DaddydonthurtmeDaddydonthurtmeover 2 years ago

Avidreader's comment about summed up my feelings for this chapter. Dude can change men into women but freaks over a cell phone video. Last couple chapters have been falling off slightly. You set Jacob up as this uber powerful wizard and now he can't bother to use his power to save his woman from being sexually assualted. What a hero. I really do hope this author turns this story around i haven't given up on it yet.

KnighthawkbjkKnighthawkbjkover 2 years ago

Bad ending. Magic could have completely wiped the phone. Not sure what I think about the Jude transformation yet although I get the reasoning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Juda was a very unfortunate writing choice overall. One dimentional and entirely made of bad racially charged stereotypes up to and including the transformation.

Doesnt help that the stakes have been feeling artificial for the last couple chapters.

rjb426874rjb426874over 1 year ago

I hope that you are going to write more of this story.

Please let me know.

rjb49@bellsouth.net

titon12titon1210 months ago

Here's hoping you finish this series someday. It has some ups and downs but I really want to know where it ends up.

PrincessKariPrincessKari8 months ago

For those asking, I don't know if this story will continue. I'm friends with the author and was the one handling the editing. They hit writer's block shortly after this chapter was released and still hasn't been able to write the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScots_Raven@Scots_Raven
I am a novice writer with a bad grasp on grammar but a very strong flair for writing. I hope you enjoy my stories and feel free to leave a comment with some criticism. Thank you for your time.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES