All Comments on 'Making a Scene'

by MaryannePeters

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story is, as you say, a story unto itself. The reference to again suggests that there may be similar tales, but not as part(s) of this.

The option does exist for a series ? ? ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

When people ask for chapter 2 or more it is not a reflection on your story not being good, it's a comment that it was so good more would be appreciated.

MaryannePetersMaryannePetersabout 1 year agoAuthor

It seems to me that there are three major questions here:

1. What is Giselle trying to achieve by doing this?

2. What is in it for Mac?

3. What will Ollie do next?

In my head Giselle is looking for love, but she is trans and she has trouble telling her dates that, so she has come up with this "scene" to expose herself. She has enlisted her friend Mac to help, and maybe some of his words are tinged with reality, but he loves having sex with her, and she likes that too. Is he falling in love with her? I like to think so, but she views what he is doing as an act of friendship. What she wants to know is whether Ollie will still be there when she gets back? If he is gone then there will be no follow up date and hopefully he has picked up the check. But if he is still there ..., well, I think by his actions here Ollie will be staying. That sets up a triangle.

Should I continue to explore that? No. This story is complete because it leaves us guessing.

Even I have questions about my understanding as I have just set it out. Perhaps Giselle and Mac had a real encounter like this and liked it so much they did it again - they like watching the shock on the faces of people like Ollie? Maybe Giselle and Mac are in love? Maybe Giselle is not even trans?

This is what I think can make a good short story. It is a moment in time with no beginning and no end, and if it leaves you puzzled that is fine, but hopefully smiling too.

Maryanne

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous