Manhood Rite

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fictitious
fictitious
1,116 Followers

Nakibo nodded to one of the men and spoke something to the bartender.

Peter tried not to stare at the men, but he was quite fascinated by how unfamiliar they appeared. Even though Peter has seen plenty of people of African descent back home, out here it was different. They were speaking in a strange language that didn't sound like anything legible. Their clothes were simple and looked rather worn, yet there was something captivating about these men. Peter couldn't help staring at them, but they didn't seem to notice -- they were busy looking at this mom. Even when Nakibo motioned to sit down at one of the tables, the men never took their eyes off of her. Peter glanced at her. She was now wearing a white button-up shirt and sweat was beading her skin. Nothing unusual.

"They must have never seen a white woman before," guessed Peter.

The bartender brought out three cups of water and, what looked like, potatoes covered in cheese. The food didn't interest Peter, but he drank the water gladly. Nakibo was the only one who ate the food, while he and Zoe talked about something that was of no interest to Peter.

Peter surveyed the little cafe shack and found it rather modest. "I wonder if that is what we'll be living in?" he wondered. He spent some time looking out of the window at the various people coming and going from the airport.

The bus arrived ahead of time and they climbed aboard into an air conditioned cabin. It was a small bus, designed to carry no more than ten people, and it appeared that Nakibo, Peter and Zoe were the only passengers. As Peter sat down on the leather seat, he realized that he was sweating rather profusely under his clothes. His underwear was clinging to his butt and his shirt was turning a darker shade. His mother sat down next to him and he noticed that her white shirt was soaked with sweat as well, and had became almost see through.

"That is why she's holding her sweater in front of her like that," laughed Peter to himself.

The bus driver loaded up their backpacks and they set off.

The bus trip would take several hours, but Peter didn't mind as he was glued to the the window the whole time. The landscape was unreal -- it was so different from what a European country might look like. Peter had only seen the likes in movies and he was taking note of every detail that his eye could catch. This new and strange country was a lot for him to comprehend. He felt as if he was dreaming a very real dream. He practically woke up to a whole different world. There were dark people and palms, dry grass and blue skies, scorching heat and bright sun.

Nakibo sat a few rows up from Peter and Zoe. He spent most of the time exchanging words with the bus driver in their native tongue. However, once in a while he would turn back and point out to Peter and Zoe a certain landmark.

After about an hour, the little bus turned off the paved road and began bouncing around on a smaller dirt road.

"We will be arriving at the village within two hours," said Nakibo turning around. "We will spend the night and in the morning the guides will take us to the tribe." He smiled and turned back.

Peter realized that his mom hadn't said anything in a while. He turned his head to look at her. She was slouched over next to him and seemed to be asleep. Even in her sleep she was clutching the sweater to the front of her shirt. As the bus bounced around on the dirt road her limp body bounced as well. With amusement, Peter watcher her head slump further to one side. Then suddenly, the bus jolted and her arms, still holding the sweater, fell down in her lap. Naturally, Peter's eyes shifted to the area which was covered by the sweater. It so happened that his eyes rested on his mother's chest.

Soaked, white shirt clung to Zoe's breast mounds. As she dozed off, she had no way of knowing that her son's eyes were now clued to her chest. She didn't usually wear a bra, and today was no different. Thus, her son was treated to a picturesque view of her nipples pressing firmly against a cotton shirt, the shirt that was practically see through after soaking up her sweat.

Peter had never seen any of his mother's private parts exposed before. Curiosity, shock and just plain teenage hormones kept his gaze firmly fixed on the sight of his mom's tits, almost visible through her shirt. Truth be told, Peter had never even considered that his mother had tits. Well, not in that way, not actual tits for him to look at. And now, Peter took a moment to look. From what he could tell, they were large -- by no means were they huge, but calling them medium would have been an understatement. He could see the round, dark circles at the tips of her breasts. They pressed against the cotton material as if trying to break through. The jolting of the bus, kept the mass of her breasts constantly jiggling. He found it hard to look away from such a sight, but a sudden pot hole made him snap out of his trance. He quickly glanced away and looked at Nakibo. The big man had his back turned to him. Relieved that he hadn't been caught, Peter carefully reached down and picked up his mother's sweater. Carefully, and with one last peek, he covered his mother's chest with it.

Nakibo announced that the bus was nearing the village. Peter nudged Zoe several times and she woke up. It took her a moment to register where she was. She looked around and wiped the sweat off her face with the sweater.

Slowly, the bus came to a stop near a small house on the outskirts of a village. The village looked pretty small -- a handful of wooden buildings scattered in the valley before the vast jungle.

"We've arrived!" said Nakibo looking back at his two companions.

"Great! When will the guides meet us?" asked Zoe.

"They will come tomorrow morning," answered Nakibo. "We spend the night here. My friend has welcomed us at his house."

They exited the bus one-by-one and took up their packs. Nakibo led the way towards one of the houses. His friend was a jolly man. He didn't speak a word of English, but he made up for it with lots of gestures. Inside of his house, they were given food and drink, and shown to their modest sleeping arrangements.

By now, it was getting dark outside and Peter could barely keep his eyes open after a full day of travel. His mother and him curled up on a small cot, in a tiny little room. Last thing he remembered before falling asleep was Nakibo wishing him a good night.

- Chapter 3 -

In the morning, Zoe and Peter woke up to knocks on the door.

"Good morning!" announced Nakibo when Zoe cracked open the door. "The guides are here. We can leave as soon as you'd like."

"Oh, good. Let's get a move on right away," said Zoe. She was wearing a different shirt, stretchy and dark brown. She tugged at its collar wishing for a shower, but she knew there wouldn't be one any time soon.

After a light breakfast Nakibo introduced the guides -- two local men, who only communicated with Nakibo, but they seemed cheery and nice enough, and would wink and smile at Peter from time to time. After Nakibo held a brief discussion with one of the men, the guides took up Peter and Zoe's backpacks and the party set out into the jungle.

"We will walk through the jungle for a few hours," explained Nakibo. "It will be less hot under the trees. Once we reach the river, we will take a boat all the way downstream to the Kilitoki tribe's location. The trip should take around six hours. Please, do let me know if you need a break, because these men do not stop."

The walk wasn't difficult -- Zoe had plenty of practice in the city -- but she was glad that the guides were carrying their backpacks for them. Indeed, they heat was less punishable under the cover of trees, yet every person in the party was sweating profusely. They all shared a bottle of water and when it ran out, one of the guides produced another one.

Zoe looked over at Peter. He seemed to be enjoying himself. The fresh air and sunlight were definitely something they both would benefit from. The party kept quiet during most of the walk, an occasional conversation amongst the guides breaking up the jungle sounds. The hours flew by and soon they could hear flowing water.

"We are almost to the river," said Nakibo turning around. "Tired yet?" he asked Peter.

"No sir," replied Peter. "This isn't bad at all."

Nakibo laughed and said something to the guides who joined in on his laugh.

Soon they arrived on the bank of the river. It was small, barely wide enough for a raft. The guides pulled out a wooden boat from under the foliage and loaded it up with packs. Everyone climbed aboard and they set off.

They floated downstream slowly and, little by little, the river grew wider. The temperature seemed to cool off once they were floating on water. It was a bit cramped on the boat. The guides were perched at the back, propelling the boat forward with long poles. Nakibo sat in the middle, with Zoe and Peter in the front.

Peter had to squat down and it was very uncomfortable. He tried to reposition himself by turning this way and that, but it was no help. Nakibo was right in front of him and his mom right behind him. He decided to rest his butt against his mom's knees, but ended up sitting down on her. He felt like a little boy sitting in his mom's lap. He looked at the men to see if they'd laugh at him, but they didn't seem to notice. Anyways, it was much more comfortable this way and his mom didn't seem to mind.

Time passed slowly in the lazy heat of the afternoon. Peter passed his time looking for fish in the water and for wild life in the jungle. He saw, what he thought was a wooden log floating in the muddy water, not far from the boat. To his alarm, the log produced two round eyes and in an instant dove under the water. Peter jerked back like a scared kitten. His reaction was noticed by everyone on the boat and then men laughed heartily.

"Crocodiles," said Nakibo, chuckling. "There aren't many of them around here, but they are always hungry."

"Nakibo, I don't know if it's such a good idea to be scaring him," said Zoe. "He's already on the edge from all the information he's dug up on the internet."

Still chuckling Nakibo added: "The Crocodiles fear the Kilitoki. You will be in safe hands, Peter. My people will teach you to fend for yourself even against most fearsome animals. That is if you ever become a Grass Warrior."

"Your people?" Zoe looked at Nakibo and squinted against the sun. "I didn't realize you were of the Kilitoki tribe."

"I don't speak of it much," shrugged Nakibo. "Not many of modern African folk take kindly to tribe people and their descendants. In Africa, they call them 'tribe filth'. As if they forgot where they once came from themselves. If you come into society and you come from a tribe you try to keep it in private." Nakibo's cheerfulness seemed to leave him for a moment as he spoke.

"I never realized..." trailed off Zoe.

"It's okay, Mrs. Hawkins. I usually try and ignore this fact, it's just the way African society is now."

"That's very noble of you." Zoe felt like she should add something more but couldn't find the words. Instead she wrapped her hands around Peter, who was sitting on her lap, like she use to do when she read stories to him when he was little.

"Grass Warrior?" asked Peter looking at the, once again, cheerful giant.

"Yes, Peter. You'll have to learn about that for yourself. My tribe has a lot of different customs, traditions and ceremonies. Most of them I think you will like..." then Nakibo looked at Zoe. "...while others may seems strange to you. Just remember that each nation has its customs that shouldn't be judged. Out here, every tribe is its own nation."

Nakibo jerked a thumb at the guides behind him: "Sakali is from Merubu tribe, while Tijik is from Bambooli. Normally the two tribes are always at conflict. These two would never be friends. But since they left their tribes, they realized how petty those conflicts were." Nakibo fell silent and he appeared to be in deep thought.

Peter looked over at the two guides, who looked ahead solemnly. What Nakibo said painted an almost fairy-tale like image of two warring tribes with magnificent "warriors" battling each other. For a moment Peter felt like he was little again, listening to one of his mother's stories, sitting on her lap. He felt his mom's arms tighten around him and felt his back press harder against her. At that moment, Peter thought about the accident on the bus and seeing his mom's breasts through her soaked shirt. He realized that those breasts were now pressed firmly against his back. He felt uncomfortable and tried to shift away from his mom, but she held him firmly against her.

"We are almost there. Just around that river bend." Nakibo pointed forward.

Peter saw the river turn sharply to the left, straight ahead of them. The two guides increased their efforts and the boat began moving slightly faster. In a few moments the boat reached the bend and the guides struggled to turn with the current. Peter looked left and could see into the turn. The river stretched on for another quarter mile before pooling into wider banks. Further downstream Peter could see rocks of various sizes jutting out of the water and he noticed white water caps rising.

"The Kilitoki make their home where the river widens, right before the rapids. The water here is clearer and warmer," explained Nakibo looking into the distance as the boat swung and straightened itself with the current.

"This seems like a nice place," complimented Zoe.

"Yes, it's the nicest place on Earth for me... but I rarely visit here anymore."

"You certainly will visit more now, right?"

"Yes, of course. Like we agreed. I will attempt to check on you monthly," replied Nakibo.

The boat began approaching the left side bank. Once near the bank, Sakali (or was it Tijik?), jumped out of the boat and, holding on, pulled the front end onto the shore. He motioned for everyone to get out.

Peter remained where he was, seemingly frozen. He stared at the shore in wonder -- a few feet of warm yellow sand rimmed by a vast, green jungle, invited him to a new life.

"Come on Peter, get out!" urged Zoe, unwrapping her arms from Peter. Her legs were numb and she had the urge to stretch them. When her son didn't budge, she gave him a firm push. That got him moving.

Peter gripped the sides of the boat, stood up and carefully stepped onto the shore.

Zoe looked up at him -- the boy looked to be in shock. "He's just now realizing that he won't have TV for a whole year," she joked.

Zoe stood up, rocking the boat slightly and stepped onto the shore, getting her boots wet in shallow water. She took a few steps onto the sand and stretched deeply, spreading her arms and arching her back, looking up at the sky. When she released her stretch, she noticed several tribal people looking at her from behind one of the lush plants.

Nakibo noticed her expression and turned towards where she was looking. By now, the tribal have people emerged from the jungle and stood on the sand. Nakibo approached an ancient looking man and hugged him tightly.

Zoe noticed that the old man was skinny and very wrinkly, with long, gray hair that was twisted into several long dreadlocks. There were six tribe people all together -- the old man, and five others, who looked to be in their thirties. They sported bare chests and wore animal skins to cover themselves from waist to knee.

Nakibo proceeded to clasp shoulders with each of the tribal men.

"The Kilitoki bid you welcome!" Nakibo said turning around. "They are very pleased that you came."

"It's a pleasure to be here," said Zoe bowing her head.

"This is chief Koko'loko," announced Nakibo as the old man stepped towards Zoe.

"It's an honor to have you stay with us," the old man said in perfect English.

Zoe was taken aback by such unexpected surprise.

Noticing her expression the chief smiled. He then faced Peter and looked at him intently.

"Ah, I see a clear resemblance. The small, pointy nose, the clear brown eyes, pale skin complexion, slightly sharpened chin. He's a clear-cut copy of you," said the chief looking up at Zoe.

Zoe giggled nervously. Nakibo must have told the chief all about them.

"I always said, put a blond wig on him and he can pass for me, in my youth."

"He could still pass for you, even now," smiled Koko'loko. He swept an arm towards the other tribesmen and said: "These are my best warriors. I bring them to show you what an honor your visit is to us. Our land is your land now."

Zoe opened her mouth trying to sputter out some polite comment, but Koko'loko suddenly turned towards Nakibo and spoke to him in their native tongue. Then the chief said a few words to the guides who were standing rigidly next to the boat. Whatever it was that he said, brought relief to their faces and they relaxed and began dragging the boat out of the water.

"Come! It is time to introduce you to the tribe," said the chief. He motioned for everyone to follow as he walked into the jungle, helping himself with a long walking stick, which was carved with intricate designs. Zoe followed first, with Nakibo and Peter walking behind. The guides came last, carrying their backpacks.

Peter was still trying to sort out how fast all this happened to him. In the matter of days, he went from his comfortable flat, to a deep jungle forest along the bank of a river. When he saw the tribesmen emerge, he had a feeling like he was in a movie. The chief looked so ancient and magnificent, and when he stared at him, Peter was mesmerized. He was eye-to-eye with someone who he would have never even imagined.

Peter thought he saw something that looked like a little hut behind one of the trees. Suddenly, Peter walked right into his mom and jerked his head back. His eyes grew wide when he saw a plethora of little huts built in a clearing within the jungle. But that wasn't what made his eyes wide. Peter saw a large group of indigenous people busy with their daily life. There were small children running around. Men and women of all ages, clad in cloths, were doing their everyday activities. It was like he was at a museum, looking at an ancient African exhibit, and it happened to come alive.

One by one, the tribal folk began noticing the new comers. They stopped doing whatever they were doing and approached them, gathering in front of the chief. Peter stood by his mom and could count about thirty people gathered together. The tribesmen were curiously regarding him with big and curious eyes.

The chief said a few words and a loud cheer arose. He waived everyone silent and motioned for Zoe to come forward.

"Zoe!" the chief announced as she stepped forward.

Then he motioned to Peter. "Peter!" Another loud cheer broke out.

In the next few moments, people were moving all around them. Women hugged Peter and men greeted him by clasping both of his shoulders. Peter glimpsed Nakibo greet one of the men and saw both men mutually grasp shoulders at the same time. He decided to give it a try, as he began greeting men back.

Indigenous people swirled all around Peter, and he was lost in this surreal scene. The next thing he knew, he was sitting cross legged, eating a pineapple as it was being chopped by one of the tribesmen. He glanced around and saw his mom, Nakibo and the chief speaking amongst themselves not far away from him. Everyone else seemed to have returned to their daily life.

Peter looked at the man who was chopping the pineapple and nodded. The man swung his large knife and chopped off another round piece. He handed it to Peter, who grinned at the man and began eating.

"I see you and Natu are getting along well," a woman's voice, with a thick accent, spoke behind him. Peter looked back and squinted as the sun sneaked its way through the trees and hit him in the eyes. He saw an old woman standing over him.

fictitious
fictitious
1,116 Followers