Manon and Belle Pt. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think not. My slave has not been convicted of anything. Janine Russell was, but this," Manon said, pointing at Janine, "is not Janine Russell in law, as you well know. Poland has similar laws I understand."

"God's laws trump those of men," Skandinski replied, making Manon even more sure that Skandinski was a Jesuit from the Inquisition, even though all of Europe had long since outlawed them as extremists.

"In Poland we do not allow our women to run around like whores," he spat angrily.

"In Poland, you rarely allow your women out of the house, and barely treat them as though they are human, do not presume to lecture me on morals," Manon said, anger briefly mastering her.

"Well, if that is all, you may go now," Manon said. "It's time for my breakfast and you are interrupting."

"I will see you again soon, my lady," he added sarcastically and he flounced out angrily, his entourage of grim faced constables following.

Melissa ran over and closed the door after them, sighing with relief which turned to alarm, "miss, Janine," she said. Manon turned to find Belle was holding Janine up who it appeared had fainted.

"Lay her the couch Belle, and for god's sake get those restraints off her, they must be agony," Manon said feeling guilty about the state of her.

Janine's eyes fluttered open, looking around her. "Sorry my lady, I couldn't stand for longer," she said.

"You did well, you have nothing to apologise for," Manon told her. "Janine, I had intended to leave quickly, straight away on horseback. Tell me true now, can you manage a hard ride?"

"Ah my lady, I hate to disappoint you already, but I fear not. I'd fall off I think, I have little strength left, and with my left hand mangled, I fear my riding skills will not be what they were anyway."

"Ah, of course, your reins hand," Manon said. Most riders taught by the military, or those that aped them like the college Manon and Belle had been to, taught their students to ride using predominately the left hand to hold the reins, leaving the right free for weapons.

"And Janine, my lady and mistress are both fine, especially if we are being formal, but I prefer miss," Manon told her.

"Thank you miss, I won't forget," she said. "May I get up now? I feel a little better," she said. She did manage to get up, but was clearly far from strong. "This won't do," Manon said, "we have to find you a doctor, one who is willing to treat you without fer of the authorities."

"Miss?" Melissa said. "Gran Foster, if anyone knows someone who will treat Janine then it will be her."

"She's right miss," Janine said. "That old tyrant knows more about what goes in this city than anyone else. Pardon my interrupting," she suddenly added self consciously.

"You gave useful information, politely, that is not a problem, though as Melissa knows it would be if you didn't say something." Manon had the satisfaction of hearing Melissa squeak slightly.

"Can you walk that far Janine? To Granny Foster's?" Manon asked.

"Yes miss I think so, though not I fear quickly," she answered.

"Speed is for later, right now we need to get you healed more urgently. It worries me that will tax you more though, as we need it to be quick."

"My lady," Belle said. "Yes dear?"

"We need to leave quickly, that is the priority I believe?"

"Yes Belle it is. Why?"

"Well miss, Melissa here can drive a wagon as well as anyone I've seen. If we get Janine healed, we can load her into a wagon and be on our way quickly. If we keep the remounts and she can ride later, all well and good, but we'd be on the road quicker."

"And I supposed Gran Foster would know how to get us a small horse drawn cart or wagon as well?" Manon asked. Both Melissa and Janine nodded yes to that.

"Thank you Belle, wise as always. Seems we are all heading for Gran's then. At least we can get you some better clothes there too Janine, yours are quite disgusting."

"So Melissa, Belle go and dress, and put some clothes out for me, and anything you can find that will fit Janine, even badly, it won't be for long. We won't be back here if all goes well, so choose wisely, but we can't go with luggage. I'm sure we will be watched and it would be too suspicious."

"Belle find a belt or some such to hold the small revolver, for Janine to carry. I'm sure she can still shoot if she needs too. Swordplay may take a little longer?" Manon said, smiling at Janine who nodded. " Off you go, I want some time with Janine."

"So," Manon said when they were alone, "how are you? Janine you must always be frank and truthful with me now."

"Er well, wrecked physically my lady, as you can see and begging your pardon but the brand aches like the devil. If you mean how I feel?" and Manon nodded, "well honestly I don't quite know. Terrified at what I've done, ashamed that I have done it and had to ask this of you and put you all in danger. Scared of an unknown future?"

Manon studied the young woman standing naked in front of her before replying, "Sit down Janine, before you fall down," Manon told her softly. Janine sank on to a chair, obviously not as strong as she was trying to be.

Janine was a few inches taller than Manon, about Melissa's height, but sturdy and strong where Melissa was a slip of a thing. Janine had clearly been quite fit, though her recent abuse had taxed that, her calves and thighs were well muscled and as were her arms and shoulders.

Her waist didn't narrow much at all, and she had a lovely slight bulge to her abdomen, with small pear sized breasts that hung closely together, with pink nipples. Her pubic hair was neatly trimmed, and several shades darker than her shoulder length curly fair hair. Big expressive green eyes, that Manon clearly recalled being struck by the first time they had met watched her back.

"Miss, is something wrong?" Janine asked, the silence making her uncomfortable.

"No, not at all, just admiring this lovely strong young woman that somehow I now own," Manon said. "Janine, you have nothing to be ashamed of, not about what you chose to do, nor of your new status as my slave. You were incredibly brave to offer yourself to me, and I'm proud of you, proud to own you."

"Thank you my lady," Janine said, fighting tears.

"Now, I need your advice," Manon said, moving on to stop Janine dwelling on things that were hard for her. "We can't wait here while we find a ship. Skandinski won't wait for long before coming back, and I don't intend for him to find us when he does. So I'm minded to head north, for La Rochelle, and see if we can take ship there. What do you think?"

"Well, La Rochelle makes sense my lady, perhaps more than you may realise. There are of course lots of coasters that make that their home port, and I am sure some coin will hire you one of those readily enough."

"But a long time back La Rochelle was a stronghold of the protestants in the religious wars against the Catholics, when people cared enough about that sort of thing. Even though they won, that sense of independence lives on there, so they won't like the way things are going with the new Duke at all, which might help us as well. The idea that suddenly there are catholic fanatics back in charge of the Duchy won't go down well there at all."

"Getting there by road is easy miss, the roads are good and the country flat, a cart or wagon can make good time. But it's flat open country and marsh my lady, nowhere to hide and easy for pursuers to make good time too," Janine said.

"But you'd choose it, over say heading for Marseilles or Toulon?" Manon asked.

"Yes my lady I would. If I could ride, I wouldn't be so sure, but if we have a wagon or cart, those routes will be much slower for us than they would be for pursuers on horseback."

"Thank you Janine. Now, I can see you hesitating, is there something else?" Manon asked.

"Well yes miss, two things really. Miss, what will my duties be, I mean when I am well?" she asked nervously.

"Besides being my plaything you mean?" Manon said teasingly. Janine blushed, and said "yes miss" quietly.

"Janine, correct me if I am wrong, but you are a warrior, a fighter, a leader? I am going to need that, there are some interesting times coming I think, even by my current standards."

"Belle and I cannot do everything ourselves, as this trip has amply shown. So I see you as being by our side, armed, and commanding, well let's call them my own household guard for now. They didn't exist until today, but I've just acquired their Captain," Manon said.

"You will be the third member of my small household Janine, alongside Belle and Melissa. And when you aren't on duty? Well, then I see you much as you are know, naked in front me, while I decide what I want to do with you this time, if that's what pleases me."

"I don't quite know what to say miss, that was more than I expected. Thank you miss," Janine said.

"The second thing?" Manon asked.

"Well, miss, I know what you do to me, with me, is up to you, but when you told that shithead pole that you found it was best to be firm with new slaves, I was really pleased, am really pleased that meant me. The wrist cuffs were agonising miss, I don't think I could cope with them again right now, but I really want to be tightly chained at your feet one day miss, to serve you."

"Well, we'd best get you healed so that day comes quicker, as I like that idea too. Janine, you are right, it is up to me, but that doesn't mean I won't take account of your likes and dislikes, even if I choose to over ride them. You told me about little Janny and you and Mary-Louise, remember?"

"One more thing, at times you will certainly serve Belle or Melissa too, and they will serve you, sometimes without my involvement, and perhaps others as well. Those choices are mine to make, not yours, and you'd best get used to that idea quickly."

"I am yours miss, to do with as you will," Janine said smiling.

"Yes you are, lucky girl that I am," Manon said grinning. "Now lets get dressed and be on our way."