All Comments on 'March Madness'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 12 years ago
good story

I liked this story. It was well written and entertaining. However, the wife's explanation for her whoring behavior was just weird, bordering on unbelieveable. I found it to be a clever excuse to be the slut she really was. 5 stars

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WHAT WRONG CAN SUCCESS FOSTER

even the festering politics of big time BB. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Fun-filled

It makes fun of all the trite sayings and situations, as well as leaving one with the doubt about whether anyone could really measure up to his standards! Jamal was a truly interesting figure to complete the story. Gloria, the later version, was not well fleshed out, but the story works! Thank you, SS

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 12 years ago
I don't give out 5's all that often...

...but I gave you one for this story. Good plot, well-written, and a couple of genuinely likable characters. Nice job.

And damn, but I wish we had more Div I coaches like that...

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
Invitro does NOT cost $300,000

You knew that early in the stoiry ... where it is revealed that the wife could not get pregnant ...that this would come back to haunt them. In fact a lot of ways this is almost like a JPB or Matt Moreau story except that this story SS06 actually deals with the wife's action with serious consequences. Still there were some unusual or hard to believe comments that SS06 had the husband say that were a little disquieting.

It's a little surprising that midway through the story Coach is even asking IF he could find some way to forgive his cunt whore wife OR the players. For instance this is a really silly statement / question. For example:

..."Even now, I felt like I was operating on automatic pilot. I felt hurt and betrayed but was that enough to simply throw away a good marriage?..."

Apparently it was NOT a GOOD marriage. It's a little shocking that at this point in the story the husband STILL thinks it what he has is a good marriage.

And then we get to this.... which is also pretty appalling...

..." How much of my pain was ego? Was I really angry or was I just jealous? Was I afraid of the competition? Was all of this because seeing my wife getting fucked by two younger men who were better physical specimens, made me feel inadequate?..."

He has discovered that his basketball team that he is built with his own hands ...time ...sweat and extreme effort is engaged in a long-term Orgy that jeopardizes the entire program he has built. Moreover it appears to involve gambling. His entire effort ...the entire program is all about to come crashing down... REGARDLESS if for any reason he decided to forgive his cunt whore cheating wife.

And he's asking if this is just about ego? Calling JPB Matt Moreau and Slipruff... Please pick up the Courtesy white Phone..

That being said the story really moves along and author does fine job really conveying to the reader the internal angst and torment that the husband is going through. Over the course of the story the reader begins to look forward to the final conversation the he is going to have with Gloria. By the end of the story the reader is REALLY looking forward to the explanation behind the gambling ... how all this happened ...how long it's been going on ...and the wife's motivation and her current mindset.

Quite frankly I don't think the wife's explanations are believable at all. *** I think she lied about the whole thing. *** We have no proof whatsoever that the money she was accumulating by gambling had anything to do with the cost for invitro fertilization. NONE. It is very possible that the husband's deduction -- that she was going to take the 300,000 and leave ...is correct. It seems to me that at the very least... he shouldof at leasr looked into how much Invitro costs.

From what I can find out... the invitro procedures costs 12-17 k per cycle.... so why Gloria needed 300,000 and could ONLY get that Money by fucking lots of basketball players... makes NO sense.

For all we know Gloria could have made up the excuse on the spot... Or in the days after the whole thing blew up and she knew she had caught.

Interestingly... when they have the final conversation... Gloria no longer appears to be an emotional wreck. Throughout the story we are told that Gloria cannot sleep she been crying hysterically ...she have to be sedated. But that is not the woman we see at all in the final confrontations before she goes into the witness protection program.

All in all this a VERY good story but the wife's explanations in the final scenes are not believeable. If she was caught up in sexual cycle of fucking other younger men then the odds are good that she would of not stopped even after they had won the NCAA tournament. The scary thing is that SOME readers may actually Believe the wife's bullshit story...

just watch...

dinkymacdinkymacabout 12 years ago
Thanks

for sharing a great story --

chastenchastenabout 12 years ago
A good story

However, at the end I found Gloria strangely bloodless. She didn't seem to be really shaken by losing Jim...the explanations and protests came across as pro forma. Despite the words on the page, I was left with the sense that Harry is right and her explanations were just self-serving rationalizations or excuses--she was really doing exactly what she wanted. In that case, Jim certainly made the right choice between suspicion and regret.

trite_readertrite_readerabout 12 years ago
Okay, much more interesting read than your last effort.

Much of what the commenter Harry below suggested pretty much sums up my whole view here, though I do think he maybe over analysed it a bit. He does have a point about the wife's views though, but I find this to be true with almost all stories you've written. The wives in your stories are always hysterical after they're caught, bubbling useless supplications and overly dramatic arguments that are somehow imploring the husband to suddenly forgive and forget...

I still think you write waaaaaaaay too much, and use faaaaaar too many words to get your point across. This should have been a three page story. But at least this time you kept it interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Another....

badly written StangStar story that gets rave reviews because the "bad wife" gets punished. Pathetic.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
6 months ago I would have criticized this story as being fantastically absurd with the plot line of coach's wife hooking up with multiple college athletes under tutelage of her husband !

Now that idea is merely ripped from the headlines & tuned up with few twists by way of variant the way ' Law & Order ' so often does. The story itself was a little long but there was one jewel of a 'doublespeak ' dialog that makes me give this a five .

I shudder, though, to think of how wordy this story was before it hit The editor's puter ' for editing. So Thank you Stangstar & Miko!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Nice Story, Compelling Characters

I liked this one, although as with many stories lately, the motivation for the wife to take such drastic action seemed very weak. Perhaps if her issues initially were minor, but due to a series of missteps on her part the cheating became inevitable. Still, this would have required a whole extra story detailing her struggles (sequel, perhaps?)

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Is StangStar06 an alias for Blue88?

The suspicion or regret line is the ending of Blue88's great A Study in Scarlet (until ruined a few months later by an off the wall epilog). Disregarding the epilog, it ranked up there with "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" (hmm... Scarlet Scarlett). Anyway, Blue88 used Sherlockian names for most of its characters. StangStar06, here and in other stories, uses the names of other work's characters (Al Bundy) or real people (Dean Martin) for his characters. Coincidence, homage, or alias?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The Flaws in the Ointment...

I usually wind up being totally pleased with the stories that Stang writes but, this time, even I'm forced to comment that the tale didn't measure up to his usual high standards.

Specifically, I'm referring to the "revenge" that Jim exacted on the guilty members of his basketball team. They deserved punishment for the crime they had committed, but in several instances the trumped-up charges were a bit much.

Billy Bathgate, for example, is being whisked off to the police station with that card from the coach ("This is what happens when you fuck someone else's wife. Enjoy prison.") still among his personal possessions. Everything in his pockets at the time of his arrest and booking will get examined by the police, because it must be fully cataloged either as evidence or personal property, inventoried, and bagged for storage - either in the evidence lock-up, or wherever the department keeps those bit envelopes full of personal property while the accused is in custody.

Certainly, the comment hand-written on the back of the card will be noted by the police. And, if Billy DOES decide to admit the illicit sex with Gloria and the other wives, then Coach Jim can't help but fall under suspicion. Further investigation will disclose that ALL of the "regular" starting five were involved, and all of them wound up being arrested on various charges, all on the same day. It's a little bit too coincidental, and any cop would see that - as would any smart District Attorney.

Igor's case is something else. Stang never really comes out and admits to Jim having arranged for the frame-up, but it's really a stretch to imagine that some big contract hitter for the Russian mob would be baking pastries in Hamtramck, even as a cover. Since most of the Russian mob consists of cast-offs from the former KGB, they've got all manner of resources, probably including sleeper agents buried in the offices at Interpol, for that photo of Igor to be on file. And, if Igor really IS an American citizen, getting him dumped in Poland without his American ID or passport is essentially a death sentence.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for the Interpol bulletin to be genuine, but Stang could have dropped another "hint" or two, somewhere in the story, if it was really going to turn out this way. As it is, the lack of conclusiveness one way or the other (genuine or frame-up) is below his usual standards for detail - even the stuff that comes out of left-field in the last "page" of the tale.

The only FITTING punishment that these players deserved was the one that only Tim Turner received - banishment from the college basketball courts. Face it, Jim is the head coach. A quiet conference with the appropriate college big-wigs, and one quick view of the video that Jim shot with his cell phone camera, and each of those five is provably guilty of violating team (and Athletic Department) rules. They're off the team. That means that they can be deprived of their scholarships, which means they all return to their previous lives. Joel automatically goes back to prison, since he lost out on the college alternative given him by the judge. Igor goes back to his sweating in a Hamtramck bakery - if the job is still available. Tim heads for the coal mines. Billy goes back home, deprived of his chance at any sort of college degree, and thus a better future. And if any of them tried to get into another college, based on their prior athletic prowess, they're going to need the college transcript from Pineland - which will arrive with an attached set of papers documenting the reason behind their dismissal from Pineland. It's doubtful that any other college would admit them, then.

And every last one of them is condemned to facing the harsh reality that they brought all of this upon themselves, when they accepted the wives' offer of some free, well-experienced pussy in trade for winning games. The closest that any of them will ever get, to their past "glory" is a few days out of the year, sitting in front of the tube with a six-pack (if they can afford a TV and cable and the beer with whatever pay their low-end jobs give them) to watch some other team fight their way through the brackets to that coveted final spot.

Some folks say that it's an old Russian proverb, while others insist that it came to us from the Klingons: "Revenge is a dis best served cold." You can't get much colder than guaranteeing that those five dickheads will lead lengthy and most miserable lives, lamenting what might have been - and the stupid choice they made, that helped them throw so much away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hey, Harry -

As usual, Harry, you got things only partially correct.

Granted, we'll never know whether Gloria was really racking up all that cash for an attempt at getting a baby via a surrogate mother, or if she was planning on leaving Jim and running away with the cash. Stang only leaves us with Glo's insistence that it was the former, not the latter, and so I guess we have to believe her flimsy excuse was at least genuine, regardless of how lame it might be.

The problem is, you seem to think that all Gloria needed was a paltry twenty grand or so. Well, that MAY be the going rate for one cycle of attempting that sort of thing, but it doesn't cover all of the costs. There's 9 months of prenatal care, that's not at all included in the fertilization and implantation costs. Additionally, it's typical to pay a surrogate mother a couple grand per month, just for carrying the baby. (It also helps establish that she's "contract labor", should she balk after delivering the child and make an attempt to keep the baby and raise it as her own child.)

And, then, there's the average COST of raising a child from birth to age 18, which is currently somewhere north of $300 K. And, since Gloria and Jim are both college grads, it's logical to assume that Gloria would be thinking ahead to the cost of putting such a son/daughter through college, as well.

If that's all true, then half a million bucks might just cover it completely.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 12 years ago
Bullshit

Anybody who would believe Gloria's bullshit excuse for whoring herself out is not only gullible but stupid. She was a slut who hung out with other sluts and was only sorry that she got caught. The gambling was just a way to capitalize on her whoring behavior. Too bad her ass didn't wind up in jail. She was cold calculating lying bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Didn't work for me

I found it much too long, with reams of drivel that didn't really move the plot. When it came to the plot, it was one suspension of belief after another. Nearly all of the stories on this site have elements of fantasy, but this one was mostly fantasy with elements of normalcy. From collecting the miscreant starting five, the gang bang going on for months with no one letting on. The wife betting on the game which would get her husband fired and a pariah to coaching if found out. The revenge, on and on,

SO I didn't vote on this one. There is an audience for this sort of escape ism, and this was well written for them. It's just not me, and I don't think your score should suffer on that account.

BelgiumBelgiumabout 12 years ago
Not your best work but well written as usual

Although well written as usual, this time the plot failed to get me. The story is not of the same quality as most of SS06 other work. To me, it really is one of SS06's lesser efforts.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
What didn't work for me...

was why she was having gangbangs with the players. It's not possible to get players to play better by motivating them with sex. Especially since college basketball players usually find it easy to get girlfriends their age and already get plenty of sex. This came across as completely contrived. I could believe her betting on games, why not? But the odds are always adjusted by the spread and she would have no real advantage. I can also believe, as the author intimates, that she must have liked the sex once she started. However, married wives who love their husbands, don't suddenly become gangbang sluts for no reason. Like I said, there really is no plausible connection to her having sex with the players and getting the money to have a child. No, the plot was way too contrived.

Reader67Reader67about 12 years ago
A good 4 but could have been a 5.

SS so close,as usual I enjoyed your storytelling but the "revenge" on the players was too convoluted,a simple take them out the back & break their arms/legs would have done! Keep up the good work.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago
5 stars

Good story Stang, I am glad things worked out well for the husband, thanks for writing and keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Al Bundy

I'll give you an extra star just for having the 'Married w/ Children' characters in your story. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A bridge too far

Timely effort but use Division III or the NIT, no way those of us who played Div I college sports can believe the plot. Someone said it was written for a certain audience (not jocks) that can slide. Not intended for sports gamblers either since we know research and mathematics, not shtupping, make money. The contrived revenge for each player also pushed the story too far. The audience it was meant for will overlook those gaffes but scaling back next time will make it more enjoyable to critical thinkers and experienced readers.

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
As Usual, I liked it

A great many who have left comments have tried to tell me why I shouldn't like the story. Having been one who all too often bucks the trend, I'll respectfully like it anyway. Were there areas of the story that were a bit contrived? Yes. Was credibility stretched to a greater or lesser degree at some points? Yes. Nonetheless, it was a hit for me. A good man was wronged and betrayed by everything in his life that he leaned on for a foundation. He literally lost everything he cared about. Yet he rebounded and came out stronger on the other side. Credible or not, it left me feeling better than when I started reading it. In the end, isn't that what a good piece of literature is supposed to do?

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Good news and Bad News

Just like eating a whole bag of Cheetos, I always love reading a Stangstar story.

But once again, he insists on kicking down the fourth wall with his extraordinarily blatant pop-culture references. I was cringing with the Al Bundy reference (even through I love the series). I will be seeing an optomatrist to get my eyes loosened and forwarding the bill to Mr. Star because the Timmy Turner/Cosmo/Wanda had my eyes rolled back so hard that they got stuck.

Because Stang always gets me sucked into his story, when crap like that happens, it always messes with my enjoyment.

Now, you might think that my liking the story is the good news. No. That is AVERAGE news. I almost always like Stang stories.

No, the good news is that Harry has finally found an editor for his comments, bringing it from the incomprehensible to the legible. Whether that is a benefit or not I'll leave to the individual.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 12 years ago
Weird

SS, you've got a weird sense of humor. I like it!!! I'm still trying to figure out if naming the first head coach Jerry Atrick (geriatric???LOL) is a "bridge too far".....

I always read and enjoy your stories as they are well thought out and flow like they should. I'm looking forward to Thursday--or Friday--when the next story shows up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Entertaining...

as usual with other loose women influencing a good wife. A good wife that was copying her husband by providing incentives to a bunch of Mike Tyson criminal types with atheletic talents. Oh I know that no real good reason for providing sex to atheletes now was given...especially since she would not do so previously. And as someone else said; risking her husband's job and career for life by betting on the games? A lot of coaches have tried to improve their teams with talented but troubled players, but two different Glorias? It seems there were as written, and one can understand the coach moving on. Of course, he went from drunken loser to college AD/coach on the backs of his wife and his betraying team. Anyway, the now self-rigthteous coach found another Angel waiting in the wings and the formula has worked once again.

I look forward to the next tale with a lot of appreciation for StangStar. He makes me feel self-righteous about my own divorce so many years ago. But how come I lost everything and had to start over in another State? I needed him to write my story!

I sincerely like most of your stories Stang...but I hope you are not a Rush Limbaugh type in real life. He actually believes all women are stupid and useless sluts and he says it out loud. I believe I would hurt him if he said it about by daughters. Sorry...I got carried away in my own self-righteousness.

Ron Wood - Old Marine Vet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
a wierd story for me

entertaining but highly improbable.. a story that really is hard to swallow. it just dosenot really make sense...

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
A nicely done story

The beginning may have been a bit wordy, but it set up the characters very well.

A very good concept for the story made it believable and interesting to read.

The revenge aspect in the story may have been a bit over the top, but still good to read.

A good smooth flowing or tempo to the story kept the interest in the story, and easy to read.

Thanks for the well written and edited story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It started off well

But the ending was fucking ridiculous. Al Bundy? Billy Bathgate? Dean Martin? Then to deliberately make the wife drop about 80 IQ points just to fit your cockamamie story was a story killer. Then to gloss over spousal abuse? He beat his wife and while I don't beiieve I'm adultery, wife beaters get no sympathy. Not only should she divorce him, she needs to send him to prison...after all, if a cheater gets their "just desserts" then so does abusive spouses...or are you just a gutless and cowardly hypocrite who gets off on hitting women?

LazylonerLazylonerabout 12 years ago
Stang you're trying too hard

I like Stang's writing style. And although some people complain that his stories are too long I tend to find them just about right to put some real character into them.

Sadly, this story was one that I just couldn't like. Part of it was that Stang is getting a bit cliche with characters, and part was taht even though I never played college sports, so much of his premise was just too far out for me and his AD and other athletic stuff just knocked me out of the story again and again. And a third part was/is that I'm absolutely sick of the blatant use of borrowed characters or character names. The Al Bundy/Peggy Bundy reference made me want to barf.

But the other 2 were the big ones.

First, the athletic stuff. I'm a huge college sports fan and so much here was jsut wrong. For any team to have a football team and be eligible for the NCAA March madness its pretty much has be play FBS level football. Which means that the main character would have been probably coaching at a Mid-American Conference school such as Eastern Michigan. These schools don't pay BCS level wages, but a head coach is going to be getting six figures. There is no way he wouldn't have had the money for the fertility stuff.

and that is before you consider that schools like that do see a lot of media scrutiny. Not as much as a BCS team, but quite a bit, and for the team to start winning as it did, there would have been tons of media talking about how a "mid-major" team was dominanting. The wife would have been caught long before the tournament, and definitely before the eltie eight game. Few mid-majors get path the first round of games, and just getting to the sweet sixteen gets them too much attention for Gloria's antics to get by.

And there is no way the hero would have been offered or accepted the AD position. AD is no longer a position that you expect to put a former head coach into. There is a whole area of study and experience for the administrative details that an AD will deal with. I can think of only one head coach recently that moved up to AD at the same school, and he had been preparing for that move for 5 years before he made it. It was a changeover that was planned more than a decade before it happened.

So that whole part of the storyline crashed for me.

But even worse were the characters.

Stang, you write 1 type of wife in these stories now. She's educated (supposedly.), loves her husband (theoretically) and a complete slut fo someone other than her husband (always.). But once caught she'll fall to pieces and use every cliche found in cheating wife stories. "It didn't mean anything" "I don't want a divorce.", etc.

The problem is that they always end up acting so stupid and vengeful taht I just can't believe it's the same woman you described the man thought he was married to. They are so twisted that it's actaully no longer fun to watch them get burned.

And of course the girl the hero runs into after that is always perfect it seems. I have to think back to "Butt Dial Breakup" for one who wasn't perfect, and you made her less than perfect by saying she was extremely passive during sex, which made your hero look like a selfish unfeeling dolt.

You need to break out from the rut you are in. The stories seem to always be the same now. Perfect and loving husband finds out wife is cheating, burns her without listening to her reason why and then moves on to a even more perfect second girlfriend/wife..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
well lazy...

Valid points and advice/criticism but SS is in this rut for a reason: he posts in a category almost exclusively middle-aged guys who can't hard even with a bottle of viagra. Guys who not-so-secretly dream of their wives screwing other men or beaten cuckolds who wish they had the stones to change their circumstances. SS06 is smart and knows this and writes to his audience.

Virile men are busy screwing their wives or secretaries and check out this site occasionally to read about virile men screwing their wives and secretaries: it is like a club. Sad sacks have their own club and category and authors - welcome to that club.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
As Jim himself notes, turning herself into a whore is irrational

... especially for Gloria. Jim says "When we first met, you got really angry because I thought that you were one of those young girls who hung around with and fucked the guys on the team. Most of those girls were very young. You know they were in that 19 and 20 year old age group where they really don't understand the value of what they were giving away. But you're a thirty five year old woman who supposedly knew that when we first got together over ten years ago, if I wasn't interested in a young whore then, why would I be interested in an old whore now?" Gloria despised cheap sex. She KNEW it was wrong. And yet, here we are with this story. And it is never explained. You might as well say she now has two heads and just expect the reader to accept that as well. Also note that this is a failing of the author's own making. He didn't have to make Gloria into such a moral character to begin with but he did.

I also didn't like the attempted moral equivalence of Gloria's actions with Jim's concerning his team. Jim looked for society's castoffs and found a way to rehabilitate them. Yes, he did help clean up some of their messes but did nothing illegal or immoral. Just like every other college, he offered scholarships for athletic skills. Jim couldn't attract typical High school power players to his small college so he got them elsewhere. He couldn't find good all around athletes so he got niche players and forged them into a power team. In my mind that's Thinking Out of the Box genius.

He makes the statement that on his new team there will be no "Prima Donnas". Geez, grow up! That's a great philosophy for Little League when kids are all just learning the game but many Middle schools and most High schools want to win and use the best skilled players to do that. They do get special attention and benefits. Kids that are brainy get scholarships for being smart and usually special attention from teachers. Athletic kids get the same for their skills. In college, it's big business and a gateway to professional sports. There are rules to follow and as far as we know Jim followed them. You think that the typical college athletic star isn't getting pussy on a platter? Wink, wink. That also brings up a BIG question. WHY would any hot college star want to fuck OLD pussy when the college gals are sexy, ready, and willing, many of them no questions asked??!!

The idea that the rest of the team were complete incompetents was stupid. They would have had to practice with the others and the other coaches would have worked with them. I'm not saying they would have a competitive chance but I almost felt they were MM men, helpless and humiliated. Were they all little dicked as well?

I did like some of Jim's musings on expectations of a marriage but he never takes it far enough. He brings up questions but no solid answers. He doesn't kick it over with anyone else. Molly would have been a great foil for these questions. Does a man have a justifiable expectation that his wife will remain faithful to him? I'll bet Molly could have given a crystal clear answer to that! In the end, Jim leaves Gloria but we are left with the feeling that he wasn't strongly convinced that he should have, Here's a scenario, if someone you thought was your good friend shot you (and you lived) would you spend any time worrying whether you should consider that person your friend? You might puzzle over WTF happened but it would be clear that he is not a friend any longer. In Jim's case I get the feeling of loss over shattered dreams. But ambivalence about her viability as a wife? No way.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 12 years ago
Overkill again

The overkill revenge was as bad as the movies, but expected. Other than that, nice story.

Scarecrow51Scarecrow51about 12 years ago
Stang

You do know that the term "March Madness" is a copy writed term owned by the Illinois High School Assc.(IHSA). You may want to change the name of this story.

cpetecpeteabout 12 years ago
thanks again

Stang -well done, entertaining story. Appreciate your tireless efforts every week.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
Hawkeye said it best... both times!

Some of these people, who fancy themselves to be literary, critics are just too full of themselves. In fact, a goodly portion of them are just plain full of shit! SS06 is one of the best writers on this site and there was not a damned thing wrong with this story! FIVE STARS Mustang Man!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cuckeye always says it best

closet cuckeye recognizes the fact that you don't feed steak to cucks, give 'em hamburger. Mustang has obviously given up on improving his writing so feedback about how to get better is wasted; praise of his mediocre offerings is apropos.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Fun read

Enjoyed the satire. Also enjoyed the elements of an original story. Five stars for its entertainment value. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The hell with 5 stars....I give 10 stars...would give more, but

this is such a great story...but it two very important things...the morals and ethics in spots that are missing...believing in being true to yourself and most importantly....Al and Peg Bundy....ok I only said 2 but hey this is fiction right?

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 12 years ago
And

"Now I have to start all over. And I'll be more careful this time. And you can go into witless protection and do the same thing. You can start all over again with someone else. You're still a beautiful woman."

I love that "witless"...

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Cool idea

Could have used some additional trimming. The fundamental premise is silly-she fucks players to get them to play harder? As if they don't have enough motivation to play their very best? If anything, the stress and potential guilt of secretly fucking their coach's wife would probably be a distraction. Doesn't really make sense.

Further, a coach, even a modestly paid one at a lesser school, could get 300 grand together pretty quickly. After making it to the elite 8, he could get hired at a school and get that much, at least, as a signing bonus.

Maybe the story would have made more sense if she was using her feminine wiles to attract recruits, to prevent them from jumping ship to the pros/other schools, etc. Or even to temp opposing players to throw games, etc.

But, I'll get over the suspension of disbelief, and accept the story on its own terms. I thought the suspicion vs. regret debate was interesting-I never thought of it in those terms.

I also enjoyed the humor and pop-culture references in the story.

4 stars.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

I missed 1 pluss page Jim with Molly and natural produced children. However the 5 stars was pushed. Sometime SS06 writes too long this time I missed 1 pluss page.

trashmantxtrashmantxabout 12 years ago
Ha I loved it

Dean Martin....wasn't that from a Rodeney Dangerfield movie?

Al Bundy and his son Bud and wife Peggy.

There may have been other TV and Film refrences I missed but it gave me a chuckle

DWornockDWornockabout 12 years ago
It was too unrealistic and much too viscious

Nevertheless, I rated it 4 stars.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 12 years ago
really campy for stang

Jerry Atrick made me laugh. Kept waiting for Jason voorhees to show up . It was campy but still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
DWornock is so stupid

she thinks "viscious" is a word

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
I suddenly realized that you are probably a Michigan fan

and I'm from Ohio. Which, if I thought like Dworknob, would be worth a 1.

But I'm not Dworknob. So I didn't rate it defined by an incredibly arbitrary and personal system.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
It seems I owe an apology to Harry

I was wrong to make that comment and was, in my normal back handed manner, trying to congratulate you on a better then usual posting.

I'm not sure what you did to change things but I approve. Too many people will dismiss good (or bad) ideas because of bad writing and I don't like it when it happens to anyone (But mostly me)

So I am now in the loop and will avoid such comments in the future because I didn't realize.

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Perfection!

Perfectly written and woven story. As usual from your gifted pen!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
not realistic

First of all, let me say that I liked this story. It was very entertaining, with a lead character we could like and root for. Despite being 8 pages, it wasn't too long, as the story flowed really well.

Now, the critique: totally, completely unrealistic. I know a lot about sports, especially basketball, and the whole set-up from start to finish was way over the top. It simply couldn't happen like this. For one thing, no college coach at any level has to go to the lengths this guy does to get players. There are literally hundreds of thousands of kids playing basketball in every city and town of every size in every corner of America. I live in a fairly backwater town in the American South and within a 20-mile radius of my house, I can gather up enough decent players to field a competitive college team. Now, some coaches at the lower levels of the game may scour the Wal-Marts or the military for roster fillers, but even those guys can usually play the game passably. And we haven't even talked about the players from overseas, many of whom are just as good as any gym rat in Philly.

And he wouldn't have had to teach the reserves on his team how to play on short notice. It doesn't matter what level -- D-1, D-2, D-3, NAIA or junior college -- if you can get on the roster of a team at any level beyond high school, the fundamentals will be second nature. Even a college's intramural teams will have players who can dribble, shoot and play reasonably coherent defense. So while our hero's scrubs wouldn't have won their Elite 8 game, it wouldn't have been 156-9, more like 95-56.

I also thought the coach's revenge was a little too pat. How does he just happen to have all the elements in his hand to ruin the players who'd wronged him the day after the incident?

For those reasons, I can only give this story 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow Harry.

You must have been sober when your wrote your comments. For the most part you made sense. As usual I don't agree with all of it but you made sense.

ParPlus10ParPlus10about 12 years ago
Good Job Stang.

It amazes me that you can be as creative as you are in such a limited genre.

I don't mind the pop culture references in your stories. I mean come on guys we need to remember who is writing this stuff. It's someone who has a sense of humor. So many of the other authors get so caught up in the seriousness of the cheating that their bitterness overwhelms the story. Now that ruins a story. Humor rarely does.

And as far as stretching things goes, so what. If everything was completely realistic, how boring would that be? In almost every negative comment from Harry he gets on this kick about how things are not logical and therefore it hurts the story.

Get a clue, in real life people are not logical. Murderers are let go because the jury feels sorry for them. Boyfriends murder girlfriends simply because they are jealous. All in all the world is not filled with logic. It's filled with actions and reactions without any real thought.

Harry didn't agree with the numbers Gloria presented for her reason for cheating. Why does an author need to spell out every little detail. Stang is already criticized for having long stories; I disagree in some of the cases. Use a little intelligence. Hell, Ciguardian provided a reasonable explanation for the disparity. Stop being "The Scarecrow".

By the way FD45 your apology is all class, but in my mind unnecessary. Harry has been viciously attacking those who disagree with him for years. I have seen where he has trolled a thread just to make an attack on someone for making a comment.

I think if an Author is going to post they need to be held accountable for the quality of their writing; as if they had a choice on this site. But I think people who comment should be held accountable as well. That's why I don't like anonymous postings. At least Harry has always had the guts to put a handle to his rants.

This was a good story in a difficult genre. It was well edited and regardless of what the cowardly anons say, Stang continues to improve in many ways.

Please keep writing. If I don't find you here, I look on the other site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Only worth one star

Lazy loner was spot on. The wives are cookie cutter characters, the stories over long and rediculous. The punishments for the players were far too over the top and really made no sense. The only positives I took from this story was the fact that despite it was eight pages it didn't seem that long which makes a change as Stangs stories are normally eight pages but seem like they're eighty.

michs28michs28about 12 years ago

I'm not one for long winded comments. I liked the story. Were certain aspects unreasonable, sure, but it was a good story. Stang, keep writing. This story flowed well, and except for you mentioning the mustang it was great. LOL

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Five point shot

Maybe a technical after a 'made' three-point shot with a foul. Great job.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Lots of laugh\s and

Lots of tears in this one and it held your standards for stupid is as stupid does - she blew BIG time -

Too bad this one was actually about a not so selfish, stupid woman who just failed to look beyond the action to the impact. Gloria was one that he probably could have found a way top live on with. It is almost certain she learned from the mistake and quickly - but I get - only to well that too much had happened for him to get past it.

Well done piece thanks -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great story

I know it will never happen because it just is not your stile , but i would love for you to write a happy follow up chapter to this story . Why ? Well it would show lots of people that you can write a story without a cheating , lying , heartless bitch wife or ex-wife in it . Thanks anyway .

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 12 years ago
You're da man!

Great story as always, well, most of the time.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
talk about burn the bitch down

you at least had her with some brains. put her in witness protection. fucking the players so they would win. rofl. damn another 5+.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
For their actions

Molly & Coach deserve a long time together.

In hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Was that supposed to be comedy?

Probably the dumbest story I've ever read on Lit. I should have given up when you started using silly names as what I guess was supposed to pass for clever. My fault, it won't happen again.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
It had a few funny moments, I was entertained by this story.

And I read for entertainment, I don't care whether others care for it or not. I am going to quit reading other comments, sometimes they irritate me by making picky statements. I only pick if you call the characters by another character's name or don't give us an ending. Thanks for writing. Not enough sex, though, LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Impossible

Truly far from reality but at the same time an entertaining read.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago

I had to skip over at least half of this story because at least half of it is about basketball, even though the story didn't require it. A few paragraphs here and there would have done. Instead it seemed like Stang was trying to fill out the story with irrelevancy. Not everyone, in fact no one outside of the U.S.is even slightly interested in any sport played only in America. Baseball take note: you can't call something "the world series" if only one country plays it! Otherwise you could call the French "world champions" at white flag raising!

Back to the story. It was pretty dumb of the coach to accept Jamal's word that he didn't fuck his wife. He'd already lied to him. If he was a good guy, then why was he leading the nice, innocent Jenni to a hotel gangbang? Unless she was a slut too?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I don't get it. What the hell did she go into witness protection for??

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
btb

If your going to burn the Birch, burn her. You started out gung ho but wimped out....better semi-burn than most of your stories though.I know my comments seen critical.....I did enjoy the read.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 ITS EITHER HIT THE BOARDS

or walk the boards. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Written by a broken down mill instructor.

You can do better son!

saratusaratuabout 10 years ago
I didn't get to far with this story,,,,,

it started out building interest then you just drug this out between chapter 1 and chapter 7, so much so that I simply lost interest. You seem to have developed this habit with many of your stories, however I know you can write some fine stories with only four or six chapters.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Not To Nit Pick, But...

"Somehow I was still looking at her panty covered ass. She had on the tiniest thong underwear I'd ever seen."

If she was wearing "the tiniest thong", he'd hardly be looking at her panty COVERED ass, LOL!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Five Stars, But..

I gave this 5* for my overall enjoyment, but I with Lit used a 10* scale so I could give it a 9!

I have a few points that keep the story from being more perfect, if that's a proper phrase, LOL!

First, regardless of motive, Gloria's actions were so out of character with how she was initially portrayed, that it is kind of disconcerting.

Second, assuming her motives were as written (and Stang doesn't give us any reason to doubt her), then she isn't the normal cheating slut just looking for strange dick, so MAYBE there can be some hope for reconciliation.

Third, the revenge on the players was over the top.

Finally, I don't see what she has to offer to merit Witness Protection. She wasn't involved with any organized crime ring, the most she could have given up were her gambling connections, and I find it hard to believe that she would know any more about them than the Feds already did.

BTW, I like the name play in Stang's stories!

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
this story needs a reality check

no college basketball program would allow unsupervised and unchaperoned after-game parties. There would be a curfew check, a bed check, and someone would know whether or not women were providing "incentives" to the team as an after game celebration. .

ergo: the entire premise upon which this story is predicated is specious, false, and untenable. in other words, no one should believe anything that was supposed to have gone on for the entire season without someone in authority knowing about it.

and, the bets being placed by Gloria? after a full season? for her to only have $100,000. but a credit line of 4-5 times that? NOT!

The only technically true element of this story is the mu-STANG. vroom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
a really strange pair of glasses

"He wore giant glasses that were held together with duct tape and converse all stars"

just how did the converse all stars help hold the glasses together?

lol

IndyOnIndyOnabout 9 years ago
To Saratu...

Too bad your attention span is so short! When my son was young he didn't like any book longer than four or five pages...then we found out he had ADD...have you been tested? I'll bet if someone gave you a copy of War and Peace to read you would have a heart attack! Stang is a terrific writer and please remember he does write fiction so the facts may not be accurate but they were never intended to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
March Madness

Stang, another fine read. Loved the outcome and the way the story progressed. 5 stars again !!!

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 7 years ago
All of your stories are really stacking up

to being the best ones on the site. I wish I had a way of giving more than just 5 stars on some of these... coming back and reading your stories in the order they were placed on the site is really a blast! Some I have read before, but I am reading ALL of them through this time. Also wish I could go back and change my lower votes to be 5 stars - I have found a couple that I only gave 4 stars to on the original reading - my error!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 Just to help offset the asshloe of LIT's 1 vote

annony!! He's an insane fag who sucks and swallows.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Unlikely

but damned fun. Thank you for allowing him to have Molly at the end.

Apparently not being able to make a baby turned wifey insane.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A fun read

Enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bet She Did

It would not surprise me if Gloria did sleep with the guys when she was young and hence was OK with it, it later on.

He should have gone ape when he caught her and the others. Further, she knew it was wrong as she covered it up = OUT.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 6 years ago
sad

but your best - yet

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Molly says

Next time Gloria phones Jim he should have Molly pick up the phone and say 'Mrs Turner speaking'. That should stop her.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
THE MADNESS IS THE ENTIRE 11 MONTHS LEADING INTO

lest we forget all the un-sung, un-heralded, volunteers and followers, TK U MLJ LV NV

10sguy10sguyover 5 years ago
Well written story

This story was well written and fun to read. I would have liked a little more of Jim and Molly. That's just me, though; I'm a sucker for a solid happy ending. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story!

This was just fun to read. Appreciate the effort the humor & one liners that populate your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Contrived and improbable plot.

Not one of your best.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Oh Yes!

You hit another good one for me. Enjoyed your basic concept of a small school basketball team with a nice guy as a coach. I enjoyed how you weaved your story about right and wrong. I always enjoy your stories. Thanks for sharing.

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
Corny

Dean Martin i could live with, but Al, Peggy and Bud was to much. (Insert laughing emoji here) The story was over the top, but fun. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
well ...

Way over the top. Ridiculous, silly, unrealistic. No basis in reality.

Loved it. An easy 5 stars.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Slightly disappointed

The wives slipping off really with out much description of their suffering

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Great story enjoyed he caught and not released. punishment

As another comment would have enjoyed knowing more punishment other wives received

Names again funny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
As always,

the story is well crafted technically. But I really think there ought to be punishment for any author who 1. puts the phrase "It isn't what it looks like." or ANY of its variants in a story or 2. has the MC talk or "think" about "male ego" or any other Soy Boy feminist idiocy after confronting cheating.

Overall, great entertainment. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The wrong way to make money....

Greed works on Wall Street... but it always shows up in the wrong places...I love this guy...he didn't let it fog up his mind and took the right stand...and he new it would almost crush him....but as we can see...he had real Balls.........

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I enjoyed it. I love the revenge on the players and slut wives. I don't condone hitting women like the Dean and his wife..

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
A cut above! 5*****

There's a lot of story here. One thing I don't think rings true: coaches make good money. The football coach at many state colleges make more than the governor. They could probably afford the surrogate. Still, it was a good story. Thank.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Wow

Gloria was one stupid bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

I Hope that Gloria has a Happy Life .. Because I am Betting big Time that the Coach and Molly will have a Great Life with Lots of Kids ..

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
First

First class story,one of the best I have read..How ever I am confused by the corruption remark,surely all Gloria was doing was betting on matches.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked the story. I thought the revenge on the guys was a bit much, not that they didnt deserve a revenge.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Good story! But, Gloria started out at the beginning looking like a very smart woman. Then she changed into a stupid one. The path of Gloria... going from point A to point B didn’t seem right to me. Somewhere along that time line she got stupid and I think you should of tried to explain that to us a bit more. But I still enjoyed the story a lot. Laughed at the revenge on the four players. Thank-you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous