Marion's Story Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,493 Followers

All the bands were called out on stage for the final presentations. There were nervous looks all around as the third place contestants were called out and it wasn't us. Then second place and again it wasn't us, but it was from the group we thought would be our biggest rivals. We held hands, we were either leaving with first place or nothing.

When they called out our names the place erupted, we all turned to each other and the look on their faces showed they were as amazed as I was.

We took our five grand first prize cheque and danced around on stage waving and thanking the crowd who had been so supportive.

At home things ramped up we were certainly the flavor of the month and we got lots of invites to interviews with local radio and newspapers. That was too scary for me I stayed out of the spotlight letting the others take the lead. In group photos I always managed to stay at the back out of the way.

I did get a call from both April and Molly it was bright and cheerful message of congratulations which they left on my phone... They called but I purposely let it go to answerphone.

It was the nights when we weren't playing that I felt alone and in those lonely night is where I learned to take Mimi to a new level. It was the makeup that I loved so much making Marion disappear and Mimi come charging out, I wanted more, I wanted Mimi to become prettier and I started investigating surgical procedures for facial feminization, a nose job and silicon for my lips. In the evenings I played with lipsticks that really plumped them up and I loved it, I wanted it but in the morning, I came back to earth realizing I couldn't do it and keep Marion around it was fast approaching decision time.

It was a dark world that was sucking my spirit out little by little. Worrying about my future became the norm for me as I struggled with what to do.

If I thought I was in a dark place, I was about to find that things can always get worse. It was a phone call from my mother that dragged me down to even lower depths of despair. Grandma had passed away and Mom was distraught, bawling her eyes out on the phone. She wanted me home and there was no arguing. I jumped in my old Nova and headed home, arriving late at night I found Mom was still up waiting and the moment I walked in she was in my arms embracing me tightly her tears flooding my shoulder where her tears pooled. As she held me out at arm's length, she grabbed my ponytail. "Oh my god.... Marion what have you done."

I laughed. "Mom it's just a ponytail, lots of musos have long hair."

She shook her head. "Well thank heavens you don't have any of those horrid tattoos."

I pulled her back into our embrace and whispered. "What happened Mom?"

"Well we didn't know anything was wrong... one minute we were having coffee and the next minute she was gone, it was a heart attack, thankfully she didn't suffer, at least it was quick." She broke into another crying fit and we hugged painfully tighter. When she pulled back separating to arms length she looked me up and down she scolded Look at you you're skinnier than a rabbit." She took that opportunity to rush into action. "I bet you haven't eaten, I will make you some supper."

As I munched my way through a grilled cheese sandwich Mom started to ask questions about my studies and how I was going. It wasn't quite an inquisition but damn it was close. She said that she had spoken to April a few times and she kept her up to date with what I was doing because I was too damn lazy to call home.

She wanted to know all about my life, again April had told her I had a girlfriend. I wanted to say that I used to until she stole her but I kept my mouth shut. Mom showed me into my old room and it was like walking back in time not one single thing had changed, my baseball glove and bat were still sitting on the dresser.

We talked until long into the morning and we both went to bed tired but I could see she was pleased to see me.

The morning brought me wide awake with a shock there was a kid climbing all over me. Beverly was visiting and her daughter had decided to wake me up by clambering up on my bed and bouncing all over me. "Come on lazy bones." She called from the hallway. "Ella get off uncle Marion and let him get changed."

The little girl gave me a hug before scrambling down and running out.

When I walked into the kitchen there was Beverly looking bright and happy. "Well, well, well looky here ain't you the new age guy, look at that ponytail, my lord your hairs longer than mine."

I gave her a kiss. "Hey sis, how's things?"

She rubbed her tummy. "Got another one on the way."

Mom wasn't watching so I snuck one in. "You should've practiced those blowjobs more and this wouldn't happen."

She punched me on the shoulder. "Sassy shit."

As we did the washing up Bev and I had a chance to talk and reconnect. It was nice to know she was happy, we had all worried that because it was a shotgun wedding it would go sour, but defying the odds they seemed to be doing alright. Our happy chat was destroyed, well at least for me when, in waltzed April. "Hey mom." she whispered and mom opened her arms and they fell into a tear filled hug. "April sweetheart, oh I'm so pleased to see you."

Bev opened her arms and they embraced before she turned to me and she whispered tearfully. "Hey Marion." She opened her arms but I turned away hissing, "Hi April."

Mom was aghast, growling. "Marion.... What the hell are you doing? Give your sister a hug."

I walked off ignoring mom and pushing roughly past April only to bump into Molly who was standing silently by the door. "Hi Duke."

I frowned and walked past her headed for the door. I burst out into the fresh morning sun and headed for downtown. Fuck them making me feel like shit. I walked all over town and by the time I got home Sue was there as well and she broke into a big smile when she saw me. "Hey little bro, you look good, for a long haired hippy." She opened her arms and we hugged. Everyone was sitting around the table and mom scooted along to make room for me, although she did give me a scathing glare before settling into making the arrangements. "OK we need to get ready, the funeral is tomorrow so we all need to help out. April, I need you to help Beverly with the food. Sue if you could help the funeral directors and take over some nice clothes for her, Marion if you could collect together all the photos you can find of Grandma, find some with your dad that would be nice."

Everybody started talking at once so I headed for the attic and boxes and boxes of photos. Seeing Molly and April really brought me down. It had been so nice seeing mom and even Bev but seeing the two of them together really hurt. I packed up the photos and snuck out to the treehouse where I went through the photos putting together a montage of suitable ones. As I was going through them Molly appeared popping her head hesitantly through the door. "Hi Duke, so this is the famous treehouse huh?" When I didn't reply she asked. "how have you been?"

"Been better."

"I am sorry about your grandma, I know how much you loved her."

"Yeah it's sad she was really wonderful."

"So how are you feeling have you cried yet?"

I nodded. "I cried the whole way here, don't think I have any left."

She ignored my cold shoulder and sat down beside me, As much as I wanted to tell her to push off I was all out of hate, I was sick of fighting, I showed her the photos I had selected and I talked her through who was who and what events they were from, birthdays Christmas thanksgiving. "What about music?"

"Well she was a real Hank Williams fan so I will hunt around and find some."

She couldn't help herself. "Duke I'm sorry for the way things turned out. You have to believe me, I never set out to hurt you. I have been hiding from being a lesbian my whole life and when I found you I thought I had it all, a girl and a boy wrapped in the same package but the moment I met April it was all over, it was love at first sight and I knew there was no more hiding."

I hissed cynically. "So what... I was just an experiment?"

"No babe I love you, I still do but April and I can't explain it, I know it sounds cheesy but there's chemistry. As much as I tried to hide from it, I am a lesbian. I am sorry I hurt you, but don't take it out on April she loves you."

"I don't think you ever loved me... It was just all... a subterfuge?"

"No Marion I loved you then and I love you now, I just can't hide from this. There is electricity and sexual chemistry I can't explain... When we are separated, I can't breathe I have to ring her just to hear her voice."

"Fuck you have it bad all right. Jeez that's how I felt about you."

She hugged me and we held each other tight until I started to cry again and she moaned. "I am sorry Duke I really am."

"Argh it's nothing I'll get over it, you weren't that good a fuck anyway."

She laughed. "No, I suppose not, but if you had a pussy you wouldn't say that."

We both laughed and just at that moment April stuck her head in. "What the hell's going on in here moms getting suspicious."

Molly laughed. "Sorry lover we were just reminiscing."

April glared at me but when she saw the tears she sighed. "I am sorry little bro."

I shrugged. "Please stop saying that. It's OK, I am over it."

It was tense but we all hugged. "Look we have to focus on getting Mom through this so our stuff can wait, we will sort it later, Mom has to come first."

April nodded. "Yeah you're right, she seems strong but I think when I tell her about Molly and me it will all turn to shit."

"Jesus April don't be so selfish, this isn't the time for that!"

She looked contrite. "I was hoping to make the most of the fact we were all home I need your support to get through it."

"Another day April not now, there will be other times."

She slumped but nodded. "No you're right as usual. It'll just have to wait."

"So what did you tell mom about Molly?"

"I just said we work together and she came down to support me."

She noticed the photos and started to rifle through them. "Congratulations on winning the battle of the bands heat by the way. She was so impressed when she heard about it, she wanted to know all about it."

Horrified I yelped. "Mom, shit why did you tell her?"

"Marion she was so proud, she was excited by it."

"Fuck April what have you done.... Jesus Christ."

She laughed. "She doesn't know about Mimi only that the band you play in won."

"Fuck, fuck, fuck now she is going to want to know all about it. Shit you know I can't lie to mom, Jesus April."

She apologized. "I'm sorry again, I didn't think. She just got so excited I had to tell her."

"You have to help me out here April tell her you got it wrong, that we finished third or something."

She sighed. "Yeah OK but she is going to be so disappointed."

"Not as disappointed as when she finds out her son is a fucking freak."

Molly cut in. "You aren't a freak babe, you're a beautiful sexy person."

"Yeah but not sexy enough to keep my girlfriend though huh?"

The both turned away. "C'mon I need you guys to help, damn it you got me in this mess." My heart rate was racing thinking about mom and how upset she was going to be.

When we went back inside, we found Mom, Bev and Sue all gathered around the computer and they were watching video clips of the finals on YouTube and the lips were on, thankfully this clip was focused on Jas as she danced around on stage like a wildcat. Mom looked confused. "April, I thought you said Marion's band won?"

Molly leapt in. "Sorry Mr.'s B, April got it wrong you finished third or something didn't you Marion?"

I sucked in a big breath. "Something like that, can we talk about something else."

Mom looked disappointed, or bemused I couldn't put my finger on her expression. "Oh honey I am sorry but third is pretty good, wow the whole state and you came third I am so impressed."

"Thanks ma."

April got everybody moving leaving mom and I alone. I showed her the photos I selected. "Music Marion find some nice songs."

"I will get some Hank Williams she loved him."

Mom nodded. "That would be nice son but I want you to sing two songs for me. The Circle will be unbroken and Good night Irene she loved listening to you play those when you were learning guitar oh and also silver wings."

I nodded. "I'll try mom but I'm not sure I will be able to hold it together."

"Just for me sweetheart, for me and Grandma.... Do you know the girl who was singing in that video, the one who won?"

"Yes, her name is Mel we are friends."

"She has got a wonderful voice I loved that song where she was singing with that other girl."

"Forever in my heart?"

She smiled. "Yes, that is beautiful.... Do you know the song?"

I nodded again taking a deep breath. "Yes mom I know it."

Would you sing it I think it is real nice...beautiful?"

As the day wound down, we all ended up eating dinner together telling Grandma Stories and there were tears and laughs at bed time I went in and lay there thinking about Grandma and how cruel life could be. She was still young by today's standards.

In the morning we all got to go in and say farewell to Grandma. She looked so peaceful lying in her coffin. She was an angel lost.

At the service Sue, Bev, April and I helped Ma give the eulogy but ma broke down near the end and Sue finished for her. Then as the photos played on the overhead projector I played and sang the songs mom suggested. I started with good night Irene, then Forever in my heart and finished with will the circle be unbroken and everybody joined in.

I was a pallbearer as we carried her out to the hearse Hank Williams serenaded her for the last time.

At the grave mom asked me to sing Forever in your heart as she was lowered into the ground.

Back home the girls got the food ready as the house was swamped with people friend's family and the whole neighborhood turned up. It was a long day.

The girls all except Bev got hammered and we sat around all night talking. Molly and mom seemed to hit it off and strangely mom made sure she spent a lot of time with her....

The next morning, I got up to find mom scrolling through you tube videos of the final heat for the battle of the bands. As soon as she saw me, she called me over. "Which band is yours sweetheart?"

I spent some time scrolling through them, most were of the lips. "Sorry Ma looks like there is no footage of us.

Throughout the day I found her in front of the computer staring at the lips. April caught her as well and every time she dragged mom away grimacing at me as she made up some bullshit story that needed immediate attention.

By the next night mom spent less time crying and more time talking. I sat with her out on the balcony in the rocking chairs, April was off showing Molly around town. "Honey how long have April and Molly been a couple?"

"What... how did you know?"

"Well I made up two beds for them but they only slept in one, the other they mussed up, but it wasn't slept in plus a mother knows these things."

I scowled. "It's been a while now mom, look I know it's a bit unusual but they do love each other."

She smiled as she patted my hand. "I know that son, I can see it in their eyes. I am happy that she found somebody she loves. I am not the old ditherer as you think I am young man."

I laughed. "Sorry mom didn't mean to slight you."

She picked up my hand. "So this band you play in..... Is it fun?"

I gripped her hand. "Yep its good fun and we make a bit of money." There was an extended silence as we sat enjoying the fresh night air.

Then boom, my world exploded, my heart stopped, my tongue stopped working and I thought I was going to faint. "In the video they call you Mimi is that what you call yourself... or is that what they call a stage name?"

It is so hard to talk with a tongue the size of Manhattan and your mouth so dry it's like sandpaper. "Hmmmm I."

She patted me again. "Shush honey it's OK I know alright... I saw it straight away. You looked pretty, but it was the voice the moment I heard that song I just knew that was you."

I started to cry humiliation washing over me like burning acid. "Hey sweetheart it's fine I'm not upset.... Well maybe just that we won't get a son to carry on the family name."

Shocked I spluttered. "Mom I'm not gay, I like girls and I want a family."

"You like girls..... Then why dress up?"

"I can't explain it mom, remember when the girls took over the treehouse... well up there they made me wear dresses and put on makeup or they wouldn't let me up there."

The shock on mom's face was there for all to see. "The little devils, god damn it I should have paid more attention... I am sorry son, I let you down."

I gave her a reassuring kiss. "Mom it's OK at first they had to force me but eventually I loved it... I think I would have ended up there anyway they just gave me a nudge. I love dressing up but I love girls in fact Molly used to be my girlfriend."

"What!... now I am confused... She was your girlfriend?"

"Yeah that's how she met April."

"For heavens sake... What happened?"

"I don't know Ma we just wanted different things, then she met April."

"Weren't you upset?"

I nodded. "Heartbroken actually, but I see it now they were meant for each other."


Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,493 Followers