Marriage Divorce Life Ch. 05

Story Info
Tom and Shelby try to mend broken fences.
13.5k words
3.83
56.3k
93

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,556 Followers

Some commenters have criticised this story, some feel it is in the wrong category, that it is not romantic... Well, I beg to differ. For some people the flame of love burns bright and they will in their lives together enjoy the full spectrum of emotions, because reach the lofty heights of true love, you must also hate.

To forgive doesn't make you weak, forgiveness is the hardest path a person can choose to walk. To accept something so dastardly and forgive is an act of true love. (IMO)

Saturday morning, I was in the driveway polishing the Chev and stringing some ribbons on it when Shelby pulled into the driveway behind me. A whole month and I hadn't heard a squeak from her and she turned up unannounced. "Hi Tom, what are you doing?" she breathed happily.

How could she be so nice? It astounded me. Maybe Paul's mental condition was contagious? We had lived together for twenty bloody years and she still managed to amaze me.

"I'm getting the Chev ready I'm using her as a wedding car for Curtiss, his daughter is getting married."

She sighed despondently, realising she hadn't been invited, "Ooooohhh really, I didn't know... Gee that sounds nice, look do you have time to talk before you head into town? We really do need to talk about what happened?"

"No, I'm sorry but I'm already running late." I snapped.

"Well, what about tomorrow?"

"Yeah maybe, I'm not sure what time I will get back, I will probably have a sleep in."

She definitely looked disappointed, "Hon we need to talk, you have to let me explain."

I nodded, "Another time Shelby, I'm busy now. You're the one who ran off to be with him, not me. If you want to be with him fine, but I'm sick of all this back and forth. You are either going to be my wife or his girlfriend, but the two do not align."

She screamed, "For god's sake hon, he was in trouble." She stood staring her breathing ragged, her rage seeping out as the tears flowed. "Tom, all I was trying to do was help a friend in need!"

She wasn't the only one who was angry, I growled brusquely, "Yeah whatever, look I have to get changed and go, we will continue this on another day when we are both calm."

"God almighty you frustrate me... We need to talk, I refuse to let this destroy our lives."

"I think I have said this before, a little late for that Shell."

She stomped her foot and jumped in her car speeding of down the road.

The wedding was amazing although it's not much fun being on your own. I couldn't drink because I had to drive, so I ended up leaning on the bar talking with a bunch of mates as we surreptitiously watched the big game on the TV.

Canterbury beating Auckland is always a good night...

As I was leaning on the bar a rather scrumptious woman tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to dance. As I absorbed her request, I glanced clandestinely at her. She was a little younger than me I guessed and she looked gorgeous and sexy. Her gown was a beautiful figure-hugging thing that pushed her bountiful breasts up and out like an old-style serving wench.

Her eyes were deep pits of coal, as I stared, I could feel myself falling into them. Her hair although pulled back into a bun was like her eyes jet black but it shone like the night, beautiful sleek glossy strands fell either side of her face.

Her lips were full and pouty, succulent and juicy. I pulled her into my arms and we glided around the dancefloor. The crowd had thinned a little making our swooping swirling dance so much easier.

"I'm Fiona." She whispered wetly in my ear."

"Tom." I replied.

"How come you don't have a partner? A handsome man like you all alone doesn't seem right."

I laughed, "I'm just an old fart enjoying watching all the beautiful young women like yourself flitting around."

I felt her body nestle in closer and I could feel the heat radiating through her dress. "Thank you gallant sir, but I am not that young."

"Perhaps but you are beautiful in fact I think you are the prettiest girl here and that includes the bride."

Her body edged closer, there was now nothing between us but cloth. Her breasts pushed up high as she crushed herself against me. I did note with some dismay she was wearing a wedding ring.

As we danced, I looked around searching for an angry husband who might be waiting to scramble onto the dancefloor and rescue his sexy wife but there was no one watching except a couple of envious mates.

After a few dances I asked, "Why aren't you dancing with your hubby?"

She grinned up at me, "Because he's not here tonight, he couldn't come."

I suddenly felt like a rat, dancing like this with some poor bloke's wife wasn't right. I tried to wriggle out a little, get some space between us. God as she wriggled to get nestled back against me, I felt my erection growing, I mean I'm only human and the prettiest bird in the place was grinding her pussy against my cock and I couldn't help myself, I pushed back as her hips rotated and mashed her mound all over my erection.

As I tried to get away, she giggled, nibbling on my ear, "What's the matter, you seem edgy."

"Sorry." I grinned, I am just waiting for some bloke to grab me and punch my lights out for dancing inappropriately with his wife. Fiona perhaps we should take a break."

"No please I am enjoying this, you are a wonderful dancer."

"Rubbish, I'm a crap dancer, it is only you that makes us look good. Still, I don't feel right about dancing like this with a married woman."

She stopped and led me off the floor back to the bar where she ordered a glass of champagne. "Well then Tom, why are you single?"

"I'm divorced actually."

She whispered sadly, "I'm sorry to hear that. Divorce sucks doesn't it."

Something about her remark sounded painful, regretful. "How do you know? Are friends going through it?"

She shook her head, no it's mine. My husband and I are separated at the moment and it's terrible. I hate it."

I gave her a hug, "Sorry I didn't mean to dredge up painful memories."

She dipped her head losing eye contact, "Ah it's alright, I'm getting used to it now, coming to these things alone."

I nodded understanding what she meant, "Yeah you're right it does suck. So, if you don't mind me asking why are you separating?"

"The dirty bugger was having it off with his secretary. Her husband caught them and for revenge told me as well."

She toyed with her glass before taking a final gulp and ordering another, "I hope you're not driving!"

With a girlish giggle she said, "Nope, I am with friends, they are looking after me."

"They're not doing a very good job leaving you in my lecherous arms."

"Lecherous, are you?" She joked.

I pulled her out onto the dancefloor and this time I pulled her in close and she didn't fight. Her hot body was back in my arms nestled tightly against me. Her head rested on my chest as we circulated to a couple of slow numbers. She moved with a feline grace, no jerky movements it was like she glided and it was so effortless.

"What about you?" She asked, "Why are you divorced?"

"Caught her shagging a colleague, same story really. She wanted something I couldn't give her I suppose."

Her lips grazed the underside of my chin as she peered up at me.

A bunch of faster songs rejuvenated the crowd but Fiona said, "Come on, let's go for a walk."

We ended up walking around the gardens of the old villa. As we walked, I felt her hand slide into mine and we talked about kids, hers like mine were gone and she was empty nesting. We talked about work; she was a travel agent here in the city.

We talked about all sorts of things as we walked back to the venue it was obvious, we were late most of the crowd had left and there were very few left. "Oh shit, bugger, bugger, bugger." Fiona moaned loudly as she checked her watch for the time, "Oh please don't tell me they've gone without me?"

We did a quick reconnoitre of the venue but her friends were no to be seen. She pulled her phone out of her purse to check and she hissed, "Damn it, I had the volume down, I missed her message."

As she read it, she giggled, "What's so funny?" I asked.

She was reading a message her friend left for her, she read it out, "It looked like you were having too much fun so we left, enjoy your night."

She complained, "Cheeky buggers, now I'm screwed. A bloody cab fare from here will be a killer."

"If you need a lift, I can definitely do that, I've hardly had anything to drink."

She smiled appreciatively, "Are you sure? I live out in Parklands, it's miles away."

"No problem, an opportunity to spend a little more time in a beautiful lady's company is something I would never turn down."

She gave me a nice hug, "You are a flatterer, fancy yourself as a charmer, do you?"

"No, not at all. That wasn't flattery; I was merely stating a fact. You are a beautiful captivating woman and I enjoy your company. Done deal really." I led her out to the car which was still decorated with ribbons and balloons.

"Wow is this yours, I admired it enviously today, it is lovely."

I stripped the streamers off and cut loose the balloons, "Thanks, yep all mine, she is fun."

"You did alright from your divorce then?"

Grimacing I mumbled, "No not really, but I did keep the car even although it cost me my wife."

She realised I was hurting and held me in a hug as I opened the door for her. As we reversed out and pulled into the road she glanced around appreciatively, running her hands over the rolled and tucked leather upholstery. "God these big old bench seats are wonderful; you can stretch right out."

As we headed out towards New Brighton we talked, and she explained how she had been married twenty two years and loved her husband dearly but catching him cheating exploded her world and as much as she tried to forgive him she couldn't do it. They tried counselling, couple's therapy everything but she couldn't let go of the hurt.

I explained a little of our story as I could get away with, hurriedly moving on to other topics. When I said that Shelby and I had tried reconciliation but it hadn't worked.

As we cruised up Marine parade Fiona sighed, "God it's beautiful tonight, look at that moon."

It was hard to miss, a big full moon hovering just above the horizon, the light shining magically. As we cruised, she ordered, "Pull over so we can watch for a while."

I found a parking spot just past the surf club where we could nudge the bonnet right up to the toi toi's and the full vista filled the windscreen. I left the radio going softly as we relaxed back staring out over the Pacific.

"So...have you been dating?"

"Nah not really I haven't found a woman I like. I'm not desperate. I am looking for the right woman. It has to be somebody I can love."

I felt her move, she unclipped her seatbelt and slithered over the seat until she was leaning against me, "You know I could use a coffee."

We found a Zed service station in New Brighton and got a couple of sausage rolls a caramel slice and take away coffee.

I headed the Chev back to the beach where we parked up again. Fiona stayed curled up beside me the whole way. I couldn't believe my luck, to meet such an incredible woman lightened my whole world. We talked about life and what transpired after our separate divorces, I explained that I had brought a place out by Diamond harbour and she sucked in a big breath, "Oh dear I really have taken you out of the way."

Smiling I muttered, "It was worth it."

She surprised me by reaching up and kissing me, just a soft grazing kiss, her lips sliding stickily on mine. Her lips coated with and tasting of caramel and coffee.

I returned her kiss, not forcefully, but soft, insistent savouring the taste and sensuous touch of her pouty velvety lips."

She giggled and went back to her caramel slice. With the coffees gone she cuddled up close and I slid my arm over her shoulder pulling her in close, "I feel like a teenager again." She giggled.

"You feel like one to me as well, god you are beautiful."

She purred contentedly her head resting on my shoulder. Classic hits and the waves gently lapping the sandy beach serenaded us quietly and before I knew it she was asleep. I chuckled, yeah teenager alright. I took the chance to get a closer look at her. She was a striking woman, cherubic, buxom. Not overweight but not lithe. I pushed a couple of strands of hair from her face taking the chance to run my hands over her smooth skin. Her skin was soft, much like the icing on her caramel slice.

She grunted in her sleep as my fingers annoyed her sneaky little snores. I was stuck. I didn't have her address. All I could do was hold her close. I reached over onto the back seat and grabbed the travel rug and pulled it up over her.

I sighed a deep sigh myself, she was a beauty, and I felt an attraction I couldn't explain, but after spilling my guts about my situation with Shelby I realised I had probably shot myself in the foot. She probably thinks I am a raving bloody lunatic.

The sun came up over the horizon and I tried to stay awake...bathed in sunlight I struggled so I could be staring into her eyes when she opened hers but no I drifted off to sleep.

We were both woken at the same time by the sound of kids playing on skateboards and bicycles.

I felt her jolt in my arms which woke me as well. I peeked as she tried to figure out where we were and she held the travel rug tighter against herself. "Good morning." I whispered.

She snuggled, writhing against me as she raised her arms in a big stretching yawn, "Good morning to you." She sighed with a strange guilty smile taking over her cherubic face, "Um do you think we could go somewhere for breakfast?"

I sat up properly stretching and yawning along with her, "Yeah sure, there's a great place just back down the road."

As we pulled up back into New Brighton, I found the place I was looking for, a small café that promoted an all-day breakfast and they were open. I held the door open for her and she ran off to the lady's room to freshen up. I found us a table and ordered coffee and two all day breakfasts.

When she came back, she laughed, "God we must look a sight. They probably think we slept together. They probably think I'm a slut."

Reassuring her I mumbled, "If they think this is a walk of shame then I am going to be so proud. If they think I am capable of pulling a woman like you I am going to hold my head high and enjoy every moment of it. The reality is they think we got drunk and slept in the car."

She shook her head, "No they think I'm a slut."

"If that's the case wear it with pride." Just then the coffees turned up and she sighed, "Thank god, damn I need this."

We drank our coffee and she remarked, "Do I look ridiculous, Christ a bloody ball gown on Sunday morning."

"You look divine, just the right combination of sexy and royalty."

The breakfast order arrived, one of the benefits of being early...no waiting. She hoed into her food like a ravenous hyena. She finished long before me and started reaching over and picking the mushrooms off my plate.

As I pulled up in her driveway, she gave me a pensive stare, "Thank you for a wonderful night and for playing my silly game. It was nice to feel young again. You were a real gentleman."

"Yeah, sometimes I hate that about myself."

"What are you talking about?" She groaned curiously.

"Well, you know the good guys always finish last. You girls seem to love the bad boys and we always miss out."

"Do you feel like you missed out?" It was a disappointed question and I could see I hurt her feelings.

"No that's not what I meant. Last night was one of the greatest nights of my life. I got to spend the night with a gorgeous sexy woman. How is that missing out? I loved every moment of it."

"Then why did you say that?"

"Because if I was a bad boy I might have ended up with your number and the chance of a second date."

She reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out my phone, "What's your password?"

I gave it to her without question and she opened it tapping away furiously. "There, now you have my number, and if you were to ask, I would love a second date, maybe this time we could try dinner?"

"The fact she leaned across and gave me another kiss only made it better. As her lips slid off mine, I sighed contentedly, "Hmmmm bacon."

She slapped me, "Careful or I will cancel that date before you ask."

I didn't so much drive back home as float. I was on cloud nine as the car on auto pilot delivered me home safe and sound.

I went inside and the place felt empty. I walked into the bedroom and crashed. I was woken later by the phone ringing, "Hello." I mumbled. It was Shelby who asked curtly, "Tom are you ready to talk yet? Please I'm begging you."

"No not right now, to be honest I had a great night and I don't want to spoil that with a fight." I pressed end and pushed the phone under the pillow...hah suck on that one, I thought to myself.

I had more than a few dreams about Fiona that night and over the next few days. But I was stuck in the age-old dilemma do I call her? If I do when do I call? I got so scared that with each passing day it got harder and I thought, you've blown it dim wit...

Thursday, I got an unexpected visitor at work. Fiona wandered into the yard and one of my work mates brought her into my office. She was dressed for business in her travel world uniform. It may have been business but she looked hot. Her makeup was perfect, her hair tied back exposing the naked flesh of her neck. She looked good enough to eat.

I jumped up from behind my desk and embraced her, "Hey my fellow walk of shamer."

She smiled, "Hello to you as well."

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

"I have come to lay a complaint actually." She said with a firm edge.

I frowned, "Complaint...what?"

"I have been waiting for a call, apparently your phone is broken."

I chuckled, "Oh I see, my apologies, things have been rather busy but that is no excuse. I'm new at this dating thing and I didn't know what to do. Sorry I thought you might not have been into it. All I can do is throw myself at your feet and beg forgiveness."

"You're right, you were silly, why would you think I didn't enjoy it? And by the way, being busy is no excuse either. I have been waiting for my second date."

"Friday night?"

She flinched, "What about it?"

"Second date, perhaps a movie, have you been to the drive in?"

She shook her head. "Well would you like to go...with me I mean." I asked hesitantly, I felt uncomfortable, even with her here, I definitely had lots to learn about the dating world.

"I would love to, should we dress up, I assume we will be going in the Chevy?" She sniggered.

"We will indeed my love, Dinner first? Hamburgers or something more substantial?"

"Hamburgers would be nice, but not bloody Macca's."

The deal was done and I walked her back out through the lot. She admired some of the cars staying a little too long on the new Mustang, "Do you like?" I asked.

Nodding she sighed, "Yes I do actually, I think they are really nice, they still have the essence of the original but all the bells and whistles."

"We could take it to the movies if you want?"

She shook her head, "No bench seat."

She left after giving me a sexy kiss. The guys all gave me shit about being greedy. They were just envious; she was that sort of woman.

Friday night I picked her up and she came out dressed like Betty boop on her way to the hop. Very sixties. The date started well and as we watched the movie Fiona slipped off the seat belt and snuggled up beside me. The snuggling turned to kissing, then groping and before I knew what was happening, she had her hand in my pants caressing my erection, urging me on, stroking, squeezing massaging.

I was not exactly a spectator my hands worked their way up under her top and her bountiful breasts filled my hands. Her moans got louder and louder, the movie long since forgotten.

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,556 Followers