All Comments on 'Married - With Hall Pass'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
jazzharpjazzharpabout 2 months ago

Always glad to see a new one from you. Wish there were more, but then they probably wouldn't be as good as they are.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Getting back together was probably the right thing to do!

5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 months ago

A HEA disentangling of a self inflicted mess that exposed a couple of ugly character flaws. Redemption and hopefulness overcome anger and cynicism. Works for me. Thank you for sharing another story.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

So many Great writers leaving comments here. What an honour!! Hahaha. Great writing as usual.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Do you know the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

The people in Dubai do not like the Flintstones.

The people in Abu Dabai do!!

other2other1other2other1about 2 months ago

This was a bit different, really enjoyed how this came together. Well done

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 months ago

While an enjoyable read, the wife's over reaction to both his cheating and his returning seemed a bit of a stretch. It was still pretty good. Thanks for posting.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 2 months ago

That was an interesting reprieve from the typical stuff. I liked it.

A part of me wonders if she will truly never throw the stupid cheating in his face again when they have big fights about things later, but maybe the counseling really worked. It's a nice thought.

ArdieffArdieffabout 2 months ago

Two immature stupid assholes. At least they deserve each other.

She is never going to let this go.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 months ago

He was right they both were very immature. I have to wonder what the response to this would be if it was SHE that had cheated, then again the online response to a guy with a hall pass would not have been impressive. Your story is well-written and different from the usual LW tale, so thank you for sharing!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 months ago

It is nice to find stories that are unique. Thanks for the read and sharing your creativity.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 months ago

A different story. Loved it! 5 stars.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 2 months ago

I liked it 5* worth. Not all cheating has to end in lifelong acrimony and divorce.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 months ago

He was stubborn stupid, and she pushed it too far

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good fictional story, but there are simply times in your life that you have to look in the mirror, admit to yourself that you screwed the pooch and move on. THIS was one of those times. Get the divorce, learn the lesson and move on. You wanted a RAAC and you wrote it, but it felt completely wrong.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

Good story.

Glad they made up.

I was about to cheer Peggy to clean him out in the divorce but I'm happy they ewconciled.

oldguy1oldguy1about 2 months ago

good story sometimes you just need to love and forgive. mistakes happen people are fallible we either do not learn from our mistakes and repeat them or we learn and never make the same mistake again. it's life nothing in life is perfect and nobody is perfect the best we can do is strive the best we can be. glad the couple remembered their love for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Liked this tale .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

He double messed up her response was too mean but wellthought out and written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well written. Not sure they'll make it. He has no self control and she's just foolish on several levels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Hate to be like this but this is very close to what I've seen happen in real life.....TWICE! Not me but co-workers.

RSKY54

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 months ago

Thank you. A realistic tale of a situation I have actually seen occur with a married couple I know. The final result was the same also. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I find myself wondering. If you want to continue screwing other people. Why get married just to bring misery into your life and the spouses?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Time heals all wounds, but it also numbs the memory. One day, during or after the kids, when she's feeling ugly, undesirable, whatever, she's going to get hit on in the perfect way, in the perfect time and place. And she's going to remember how her husband responded when He had that temptation. I wouldn't bet on that Hall Pass going unused for the entire marriage. That could be an interesting sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Turned out to be a better story than I thought when beginning to read it. Much better.

He cheats on her after a long, hard day where everything went wrong. That doesn't excuse him. But she wants a hall pass, & as a bitch, to stab & increase the wound dramatically. Putting his adultery in his face- repeatedly. Instead of hooking up & getting it over with, she drags it on seemingly without end. The lawyer she went to after being served sounded like he's constipated with little signs of release.

In the end, they're both a bit immature & need to grow up- fast. That he returned home to talk eventually was good, but not for days turning off his phone. On the other side, her carrying on about going on her hall pass but 1st interviewing men, at least on the phone, with no end in sight, didn't help at all. One wonders, past the post-nup, if she'll bring up his cheating during strong disagreements. And then, there'll be a child to contend with. Story doesn't tell, unfortunately.

As Regguy69 wrote, a well written (but always from this author) & different from the usual LW stories. 4 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

nice story

but bitches be crazy, going to give birth to a little bi-racial baby ? nuf said

Escape_WithinEscape_Withinabout 2 months ago

Thank you. A good tale of hurt and resentment. Of human flaws and failure. The end was too neatly wrapped up. Or perhaps just quickly resolved. Story hits close to home. Two decades plus after the fact and still holding resentments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Different. Very good tale. Main Characters could have had more background but all told an entertaining and somewhat unique story. Sometimes a good jolt on both sides shake apathy to well something else.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"You say it was only one night, but why should I believe you?" - Um, because he fessed up without being caught?

\

She's gone MUCH further than a simple hall pass.

\

While there's no excuse for what he did, it's not like he went out looking to get laid, meanwhile, she set out to hurt him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Interesting take and you even got the old fart HDK to say that he almost liked it. How magnanimous of him.

Frank66Frank66about 2 months ago

Now this is more like it- a story well worth reading by a talented author. Wish it was longer.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 months ago

5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s and a thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sweet. I do like a happy ending.

JR

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Happens in real life hundreds of times a day. Well told even if I would have liked a little more story in the back half. 4.5*

shopratshopratabout 2 months ago

I agree with the anon who said that in such a situation, the hall pass would still probably get used someday. He's a cheater more out of opportunity than malice aforethought and she's a self centered person that has no empathy and a cruel streak a mile wide. In a real relationship, one would consider to some degree what the partner had already lost thru his/her actions while still implementing an appropriate punishment. That punishment might even be a divorce (which is not really over the top for a cheating incident, if the partner just can't forgive). But even a divorce needn't be cruel or malicious. I think her character is monstrous, the way she enjoys his pain. He's her life partner for chrissake.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 months ago

Decent story. The writing started off good, by the end it kind of became workman-like. I liked that one they reconciled, but we never see why he did what he did, and also why she went so far beyond the hall pass, she was cruel way beyond what the crime was. Something triggered that, it needed explaining, bc what she did was way, way out of line. Had she screwed some guy it would have been over. That trigger is still there in her.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 2 months ago

A little sparse here and there but a good story overall. I gave it a 5.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

5 * story. I loved the realism of the emotions in the story. I felt like this was an accurate portrayal as to how some people might act in this situation, both the husband and the wife. Good narrative flow and resolution of the conflict.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 1 month ago

I explained my downfall in minute detail and Peggy detailed how she never did anything other than phone calls and video chatting before shutting down that account.

.

"Oh, and masturbating during and as a result of one of my calls, of course. But it's not like I'd be upset if I found out you went to a strip club and jerked off during a lap dance. Um, maybe...?"

TajfaTajfaabout 1 month ago

I agree with anon below. Two drinks and he becomes a slut? Then the wife goes nuclear. Did she never hear that two wrongs don't make a right? Her revenge showed her true colours so I doubt that staying together was the smart thing to do. However, I do enjoy moreandmore's writing and mostly enjoyed this one.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 1 month ago

I felt parts of it were a little rushed but an enjoyable story 5 stars

Viper2011Viper2011about 1 month ago

Good story and great read.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 1 month ago

M&M is a reliable favorite, Five stars

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 month ago

Reading what some of the anonymous commenters are saying, I wonder if they read the same story the rest of us did

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 month ago

I gave it 5-stars. I thought it was a good story. Not a top 5 but a good story none the less. The only thing I thought could have been a little different was what seemed to be her turning the knife the way she did. I can understand how it would drive any man away. The saving grace was that they did get back together, and she never brought it up again. That earned it a higher rating.

I know a couple that this happened too, and she constantly throws it back in his face. It has driven a wedge between them, and I fear that once all the kids are out of the house, they will wind up splitting up. It's a shame because I know the love is still there. He knew he messed up and knew there was going to be hell to pay but thought in time she would begin to trust him but if anything it's worse, she just won't stop the constant distrust and checking up on his phone and God forbid if a woman he works with calls or text him to ask a question about work she turns into a screaming banshee and tells him he can never talk to them again. Even some of her friends have seen her wrath after a hug or little flirting, anything can set her off. Death by a thousand cuts is far more painful that a single stab in the heart. If forgiveness can't be given, healing can never happen. They say children are harmed when a family breaks up. I think a dysfunctional family can be twice as bad.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 month ago

A pretty good story showing what happens when a person cheats on the marriage. Of course her turning into a shrew is not typical. We all know that revenge doesn't work and two wrongs don't make aright and all the platitudes that can be said along those lines. I suppose this story points out how selfish we can be at times. The wife finally realized how vindictive she had been toward the man she truly loved when he filed for divorce. Sometimes things can be fixed and sometimes not. It takes a lot of understanding and learning how to communicate. They need to teach that in the lower grades we all don't have parents that are that good at communicating either. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very well done. 5 Stars!

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 month ago

Better than I thought it would be. 5/5 Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He needs to stop drinking, that's all.

Women need to understand that is much more difficult for a man to refuse women's advances when drunk.

We are not used to be offered sex all the time like they are.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaabout 1 month ago

Beautiful story.. Unique and well written. Two immature people behaving in immature ways. Communication in a reasonable way, not the overly condemning way she dragged out her "phone messaging" date questions, in front of her sorrowful husband. She was just evil, vile, and hurtful, and it was no wonder why he filed for divorce... Like 'imhapless' stated that not all cheating has to end in lifelong acrimony and divorce... 5 stars for a creative and enjoyable read.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married87about 1 month ago

Good story! I really enjoyed reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good story premise. One that is seldom done. Well done. My only complaint would be there wasn’t much explained about the wife’s emotional motivations for her harsh reactions (other than revenge). The husband character was well thought out and I would have liked to see the wife fleshed out more. But, good story anyway. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice change. Great story 5 star all the way

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A good spotlight on how easy it can happen, with a huge dose of reality, the flick a switch carry on with acting out the hall pass could well have been written with a whole lot more conviction and detracted but too late to change it now. Thanks for something different. The usual poorly scribbled BTB or cuck rubbish is wearing thin. Looking forward to your next offering.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 month ago

Sbrooks is right. I'd still call it a damn good story.

Alternate version, when she announced her plans, I got most of our assets out of the country, moved to Ecuador, found a sweet young latina and lived happily every after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So. He was taking medication for his gastrointestinal issues when he went out of town and then drank alcohol as well. Although not really detailed, some Rx don't mix well with alcohol and can cause other medical side effects. Reduced inhibitions? Maybe. He still recognized he messed up and he fessed up to it. The idea of a hall pass is never a good idea or option. Her rubbing his face in her revenge methods was beyond the pale. Glad they were allowed to work things out. Five

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

He fucked up, but the wife was just evil. He cheated, just divorce him without the games. How does he ever trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A little more background would have made this story even better. The ending was a little rushed. But very realistic I think. 4 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Detailed, emotional, you can feel some of the depth these two feel for each other

Good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

@shoprat is correct. The real inpediment to the continuation of the marriage is the wife's cruelty. The husband's infidelity was thoughtless and showed a lack of respect for both his wife and himself. It was not, however, intended to cause his wife pain, and the husband clearly was horrified to see the injury he had inflicted on his spouse. The wife, however, took obvious delight in causing her husband pain and modified her revenge plans to maximize both the intensity and duration of his suffering. For him to remain married to a person such as she would be foolhardy and masochistic.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 month ago

Love ya man but this is a pass

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 month ago

Did anyone actually read this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

If you'

re going to cheat make sure you can lie with a straight face.

AngelsOfLustAngelsOfLustabout 1 month ago

I love happy endings! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nope. He fucked up very badly, but in no world should anyone, man or woman, give the other spouse a hall pass for a one time badly drunken fuck up. If the offended one wants a divorce, that's totally understandable; if they want a post-nup, also understandable; but asking for a "hall pass" to fuck another person, just makes the innocent spouse as bad as the cheater. And what she did? Her "twisting the knife" for weeks as she chats up the studs and mocks her husband, is genuinely sadistic.

Again, he cheated, the wife is entitled to be angry and to divorce and to impose stringent conditions on him if he wants to stay together, But how much love does she have for her husband if she enjoys inflicting the worst sort emotional pain on him for weeks. And she clearly is reveling in his pain as she carries on for hours with her "candidates." He didn't set out to cheat and he didn't rub her nose in his infidelity. Indeed, he knew he had screwed up and was hugely contrite. He should have left earlier; once he left, he should have stayed gone.

I usually like this author's stories and when I don't, his writing is usually very good. But this story is also perplexingly bad because the ending is so rushed. The quick couple of paragraphs in which they agree to seek counseling are back together in a few months, don't explain how he was able to forgive and forget her completely disproportionate response to his infidelity? How did she convince him to accept her viciousness? Just talking about how much they loved each other is just hand wavy, Hallmark movie shit. 2**

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I liked it. 4*.

The one star demerit mainly comes from the lack of fleshed out story and that once again, the tired trope was used where one party simply runs away for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Realism always wins the day for me. I love a good overthetop tale sometimes as well, but this was more my style. Great. Sweet. Thumbs up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very Good. I have read some of the commenrs and I disagree with them. I don't think any more explanation is needed. He cheated because he was drunk (another story showing the misfortunes that come with drinking). Her aactions were over the top because of the heart-break she felt. When we are hurt that badly, we do not act rationally. I think your explanations were sufficient.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A bit rough and a common story line but it was OK. What was strange for me was they were not married 20 or 30 years. So newly married you would think they would divorce and not even do the revenge thing. Work it out later - maybe. I really don't see why SHE did all the fighting and crying for his return.

This is a rare LW story where she did not have revenge sex and the guy gets away with the cheating.

joeking1joeking1about 1 month ago

I also agree that the story has what's needed to explain what happened and why it happened and even why they got back together. I might disagree with the husband's willingness to so easily get back together, particularly with what many commenters have said about the wife's cruelty, but even moreso her lack of contrition. everything, from the husband's mom to the voice mails to the convo on the porch conveys her upset at him leaving but never does she apologize for how overboard she went and the lack of caring she displayed. even in the epilogue, the husband details his poor behavior and steps taken to avoid a repeat; all she says is "nothing happened". for me that would not be enough, but to each their own

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarianabout 1 month ago

Wow, you stirred up a fire ant mound with the Anons. This whole concept of "flawed" people doesn't comport with the prevalence of black-and-white thinking, which passes for groupthink on LW. Since I love gritty authenticity and the way it relates to the flawed and often conflicted human character, this story is perfect. Those who criticize style and approach do not understand that using the vehicle of the short story, which Literotica essentially is, it's difficult to impossible to create the slowly developing, nuanced, and multi-layered plotlines where reality is creatively presented and occasionally redefined. This is a GREAT story, and it is easily one of your best! Thanks for the great effort! Five-star rating and then some!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago
Enjoyed your story

Well done. Your best ever? No but a very enjoyable read. I get tired of people criticizing it isn’t a brand new twist or it’s the same old trope. We like it or we wouldn’t be here. We don’t care if it is similar to other stories, we probably liked them too. A good story is always fun to read. Keep them coming.

GardenshedGardenshedabout 1 month ago

Nice story, could see it actually happen. Thanks for sharing.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 month ago

I'd say your best yet.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

OOAAOOAAabout 1 month ago

Nice story! Well done! 5 stars from here ;)

NicealloverNicealloverabout 1 month ago

I love the happy ending. Revenge is not sweet when you are in love. People make mistakes and they are weak at times. I think that there is an unrealistic expectation that people should always be straight and narrow and can never stray. If they do the marriage cannot be fixed. But in reality there are many people who can move forward and repent.

Cito22Cito22about 1 month ago

Masterpiece ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 month ago

I’m sure you’re pissing off a lot of BTB people on here, Anon's are mostly to blame, but they don’t count as they don’t have the bottle to even join up, so…..

Great story, nicely done.

nogravynogravyabout 1 month ago

Nicely done, if curiously uneventful.

fritz51fritz51about 1 month ago

Excellent true-to-life story with a very satisfying ending. Great job! 5*s

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 month ago

Wonderful tale of life.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean29 days ago

Not usually a big fan of reconciliation but ya that works and i don't know why

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

That’s not how it works. If they’re both penitent, and think they’ve learned from their choices, then they can try to do better in future relationships. Neither one of them should be able to keep the spouse they abused.

/

Two people who hurt each other at the level just below death shouldn’t stay together. Move on, and do better next time!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Problem is that I don't believe Peggy.

AllNigherAllNigher1 day ago

Nice. Different. Didn't read realistic but that wasn't really the point. Hard to understand the anonymous readers who don't believe she didn't cheat on him, but seen fine believing he'd never cheat again. I mean, first..... Two faced much? More importantly.... It's fucking FICTION. YOU'RE story.

Like it. Thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...