All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 34'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not enough stars!!!

One of the BEST of the 34 chapters!!! I cried tears of joy at the end. Thank you and please continue!!!!

ewill86ewill86almost 4 years ago
Wonderful, Wonderful; yet again, Wonderful!

Real life is full of joy, and yet sadness comes so often. Finally, we are mortal above all. Our only sane course is to love as best we can, to treat all with loving kindness, to always know that to love is to be moral. This loving, wonderful tale is among the finest I have read, anywhere. Writing and sharing this magnificent avatar of the human family is a great gift, MelissaBaby. Thank you so very much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bravo!

You're getting better with each posting. You certainly got a tear or two from me on this one. Thank you so much for all your hard work - it's appreciated by all your avid readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A soft spot for Somalis

I first met some Somalis almost 50 years ago, in Kenya, visiting my wife's best grade school friend who had married a black Kenyan. One day some friends of theirs, a pair of young Somali sisters, came to call. Really delightful (and pretty). They brought us a gift, an lovely incense container carved from the same stone as meerschaum pipes are made. I am looking at it now. My son, an Africanist art historian, is at the museum in Minneapolis where many Somalis have settled (much signage downtown is in English, Somali, and Hmong). One of his projects is setting up an online virtual museum of Somali art and assisting in the creation of a brick and mortar Somali art museum. I'm very proud of him. Thanks for this lovely story.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 4 years ago
Oh my!

What a wonderful chapter in this on going story. We have come a long way since Chapter 1. Thank you and I mean it sincerely thank you for sharing your wonderful talent as an author with us, Melissa. I certainly hope this chapter is nominated for some type of award it is well deserving.

Looking forward to the next installment in the life’s journey of ‘Mary and Alvin’.

Cheers

Sage

jestingmonkjestingmonkalmost 4 years ago
One of my absolute favorites

This has been one of my most favorite story lines. Please keep it going and thank you for all your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Two chapters left - I am terrified. (And crying, as usual)

xxx

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I can't wait until this story is over so I can get back to work! Mb, you do a wonderful job in writing! I feel like I know this family so well. Can't wait for the next chapter. Unfortunately, I now have to go have a meeting with my boss, so I will have to put this off until later!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories