Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I simply wish to help," the young salarian stated.

Shepard called in Wrex, showing up with a small number of troops. Shepard sat the enormous krogan down and explained everything. Weyrloc was now dead, as were most of his troops. Wrex would take the remaining females for breeding, while anyone still aligned to Weyrloc would be given a choice; submit to Clan Urdnot or die. Maelon also offered to help. Considering he was a salarian on Tuchanka, Wrex did warn him that his presence wouldn't exactly be tolerated, but he'd take help whenever it was offered.

Calling in a shuttle, Wrex walked with the team towards it a few minutes later, wishing everyone luck in regards to the upcoming journey through the Omega Four. The last thing Shepard stated was that the data was secure and would be given to a friend. Wrex knew who he meant and simply grinned.

Back on the Normandy, everyone needed a wash as they were covered in a thin layer of dust and grime, even after wearing armour. He was in his laboratory a couple of hours later when Shepard walked in, handing over an OSD without a word. Mordin picked it up and looked at the Commander. "What is it?"

"The data."

"Why give it to me?"

"Run your eye over it. See if Maelon was headed down the right path."

"And then?"

"Whatever you wish, Mordin. Destroy it if you wish. Keep it if you think it's worthwhile. I made a copy and sent that off to my friend for safekeeping. But you're a smart cookie, so I'm figuring you'll figure it out eventually."

He nodded and Shepard turned to walk away. "I'm responsible," he stated, causing Shepard to stop and turn around, "I led the STG team onto Tuchanka each time. The krogan were starting to almost cure themselves naturally. I helped build the new strain to prevent that. What Maelon said, about blood on our hands... Is he right?"

"What do you think?"

He took a deep breath. "For once, Shepard, I don't know. Seeing the cost, it is increasingly hard to justify. Actions at the time were necessary. But one thousand years later? It makes me ponder."

"Well, at least we put an end to those experiments, Mordin. What about Maelon?"

"He's a good kid. Misguided. But has heart. Should have realised he'd gone willingly."

"Well, at least it's sorted. Ready for the Omega Four?"

"Ready, Shepard. Should be quite the adventure."